As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Worms Reloaded - Cluster Bombs and Butt Scooching

12346»

• Best AmericaBest America __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Frem wrote: »
    Edit: After playing the demo... does that damage seem "off" to anyone else? I tossed a cluster bomb into a little notch in the landscape right next to an enemy worm, and he was pretty much engulfed in explosions, yet got off with only two damage.
    The Cluster Bomb is designed to do kinda random AoE damage, it does very little immediately adjacent to the bomb itself. It's also good for some terrain destruction, I guess! The regular grenade is your go-to tosser for single worms that you can reliably reach.

But you're right, though, that damage values have been scaled down almost across-the-board from W:A (the only other one I've played), and the terrible random levels seem to exacerbate things. We had a random gen that placed two of my worms in the water. Rather aggravating starting with 2 of 4. :/

Best America on
    right you got it
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have most of the Worms games and I found that Worms 2 is my fav out of all the games.

For Klash's post on the first page:

You could customize the weapons I believe but it was just sliders that you would move that would change variables of the weapons.

The map editor in that one was also extremely easy to use.

Dixon on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Worms 2 had the most powerful weapon editor, yes. You could, for example, make a minigun fire for ages with a 90 degree spread doing 100 damage a hit and weird things like that. I think you could make Banana Bombs with 15 bombs too.

Armageddon had less weapon stat customisation, but you could still make custom rulesets quite easily, and there was no weapon loss between 2 and Armageddon or WP. I'm not sure why they dropped things like, say, the Bungee or Aqua Sheep. 8(

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    what is the point of bungee when parachutes/ropes are in the game?

not being affected by wind? hearing the worm say "bun-geeeee!"?

also aqua sheeps were dumb

what I miss are girders that are big!!! and homing pidgeons!!! and ninja ropes with good physics!!!

Feels Good Man on
  • Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Worms 2 had the most powerful weapon editor, yes. You could, for example, make a minigun fire for ages with a 90 degree spread doing 100 damage a hit and weird things like that. I think you could make Banana Bombs with 15 bombs too.

Armageddon had less weapon stat customisation, but you could still make custom rulesets quite easily, and there was no weapon loss between 2 and Armageddon or WP. I'm not sure why they dropped things like, say, the Bungee or Aqua Sheep. 8(

YES. I think I already mentioned my Bible-ma-geddon and Rodney King baseball bat. Such good times. May have even made a Donkey Bomb... or maybe that was just something I wanted to make? I can't remember exactly. Needless to say, they were all game breaking. Just wanted to take it to the limit, man.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't really see how aqua sheep was any more useful than super sheep, apart from having the cute little snorkel and stuff

L|ama on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So I just experienced a terrible bug that ruined a round we were playing. My fiancee used her parachute, dropped some dynamite on someone as she flew over him, and when she touched the ground it still showed her worm in the gliding animation. Unfortunately this meant she was still moving and her turn wasn't over, but she couldn't move and her turn wouldn't end, so we had to exit the game. :(

SteevL on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    I don't really see how aqua sheep was any more useful than super sheep, apart from having the cute little snorkel and stuff

Theoretically there could be somebody hiding by the water with cover from the sky.

Zek on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aqua sheep was useful in a lot of situations, especially enclosed cave maps and after the water begins to rise in sudden death.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have just purchased this. Who wants to kick my arse?

Rizzi on
    edited September 2010
    uhhh did they change rope physics cause in my game today they were suddenly a lot more like worms: armageddon ropes where you could easily move left and right with them

Feels Good Man on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    They're closer to WWP rope physics.

In Worms, you could do 'the helicopter' on small pixels, because the rope wasn't physically there so your worm could just rotate.

In Worms 2, they added gravity to the rope swing somewhat, but you could still bounce frantically when close to where you'd hooked, allowing you to fire worms off at super-high speeds.

In Worms: Armageddon, they changed it so you couldn't bounce at the hook location so hard, but also allowed you to extend your worm almost vertically if timed right, seemingly without gravity's effects.

Then in WWP they made it function more like it really would, and in this case, it's pretty much that but with a shorter time to fire off a follow-on shot after releasing, and slightly different angles for those shots.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    edited September 2010
    well, regardless, did they change? because they felt way different today than they did a week ago

Feels Good Man on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I just clicked on the multiplayer option and found no matches.
    This makes me sad.

Rizzi on
  • BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does the demo have multiplayer?

EDIT: Answer is no internet multiplayer. Also, I am unable to change worms by pressing tab. This game sucks, who wants torrent worms 2 with me? (I bought it back in 90s so its cool)

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
    edited September 2010
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I just clicked on the multiplayer option and found no matches.
    This makes me sad.

I rarely see more than one or two open games. I mainly do the ranked matches. I usually get paired up with someone pretty quickly.

SteevL on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm enjoying the game, but ive only played one game over the net and every turn there was a huge pause waiting for players...is this the norm or did i just have a bad game.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    edited September 2010
    There's always a few seconds' delay between turns, but I've had some that lasted something like 15-20 seconds between turns until the other guy quit.

SteevL on
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Would the steam demo let me entertain my nephews and neices with some hotseat play?

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • cha0spilotcha0spilot Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I just picked this up at discount. If anyone still plays I'd be more than happy to play against a person rather than miraculous-shot computers.

cha0spilot on
  • Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    On PC or do they have it on XBL? I've just been getting my kicks from W:A on 360.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png