As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Incendiary Ammo makes Krogan extra crispy.

1565758596062»

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    envoy1 wrote: »
    It's happening again. Just spent two hours catching up with this thread instead of playing ME2. I got three bingos.

Hey, HEY!

I played Overlord while arguing this

Turns out, Vanguards don't have much trouble with it on Insanity.

I've almost given up hope. I've played the last part about six times now and each ends in D:

What class are you playing, what level are you, and what weapons are you carrying?

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would say the volus only have an embassy as a act of gratitude for their creation adn maintaining of the unified credit system

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I take issue in making military a requirement when it's simply not possible for the volus, elcor, or hanar. It's a way to keep the physically weak from gaining political power, even if the volus have made invaluable economic contributions, or the hanar have a bounitful supply of prothean technology.

What did the asari think when they uplifted the elcor? Did they always plan to limit their say in galactic policy just because they're too slow to fight?

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    I take issue in making military a requirement when it's simply not possible for the volus, elcor, or hanar. It's a way to keep the physically weak from gaining political power, even if the volus have made invaluable economic contributions, or the hanar have a bounitful supply of prothean technology.

What did the asari think when they uplifted the elcor? Did they always plan to limit their say in galactic policy just because they're too slow to fight?

there is no limiting, goomba.

they just dont get seats on the council because governments that hold council seats are expected to do more than what some others are incapable of providing

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    In that case the embassies need to have more power, while a higher military council acts like the UN's security council.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hahahaha holy God, guys, Vanguard is the best class ever. I thought the Reaper IFF was supposed to be Hell on Earth. Squad Cryo Ammo made the whole thing into a joke.

Every single fight went like this:

Against Husks: Do the husk shuffle. Shoot each Husk once (1 time) with Phalanx with Inferno Ammo, stripping armor. Walk away dramatically as Husks explode into ice shards.

Against Scions: Charge, shoot with Eviscerator. Keep shooting until they do their short-range explodey move. Reload. Charge when they are about to do their explodey move to your health. Repeat until Scion has exploded.

Against 2 Scions: See "Against Scions", addition of Reave form Samara and Incinerate from Mordin.

It wasn't.... it wasn't hard at all. It was the easiest mission in the game. Either I've achieved true Vangodhood, or Vanguard is the best class in the game.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hahahaha holy God, guys, Vanguard is the best class ever. I thought the Reaper IFF was supposed to be Hell on Earth. Squad Cryo Ammo made the whole thing into a joke.

Against Husks: Do the husk shuffle. Shoot each Husk once (1 time) with Phalanx with Inferno Ammo, stripping armor. Walk away dramatically as Husks explode into ice shards.

Against Scions: Charge, shoot with Eviscerator. Keep shooting until they do their short-range explodey move. Reload. Charge when they are about to do their explodey move to your health. Repeat until Scion has exploded.

Against 2 Scions: See "Against Scions", addition of Reave form Samara and Incinerate from Mordin.

It wasn't.... it wasn't hard at all. It was the easiest mission in the game. Either I've achieved true Vangodhood, or Vanguard is the best class in the game.

I solo'd most that entire area because grunt and tali kept dying from husk hordes.

vangod shuffled all those scions with the krogun and inferno ammo and charge, and I fuckin punched the husks to death.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »

I solo'd most that entire area because grunt and tali kept dying from husk hordes.

vangod shuffled all those scions with the krogun and inferno ammo and charge, and I fuckin punched the husks to death.

That is an immensely manly way to do it! I will try that sometime. I'm satisfied with the way I did it, though - Squad Cryo Ammo is death to Husks, because they die as soon as they're frozen.

I wanted Samara and Mordin to feel like they were helping.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Both.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I still plan to do runs as all the other classes in Insanity - I still haven't played as three of them at all - but I don't expect them to live up to Vanguard. That's not fair to them.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I still plan to do runs as all the other classes in Insanity - I still haven't played as three of them at all - but I don't expect them to live up to Vanguard. That's not fair to them.

trufax

vanguard IS the best class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRW0Kgk1bY

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    what do you guys use as your Vanguard builds, and in what order?

Here is mine in order (I always max out one power before moving to the next):

1. Heavy Charge
    2. Champion
    3. Inferno Ammo
    4. Squad Cryo Ammo
    5. Improved Shockwave
    6. One point in Pull

I do not think that Vanguards need bonus powers at all. It is not their thing. Don't really need Pull, either.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    1. Heavy Charge
    2. Champion
    3. Inferno Ammo

These are the biggies. Everything after that is to taste.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I absolutely believe in the utility of Squad Cryo. It's not a definite need, true, but it makes a lot of battles into jokes, especially if your squadmates use assault rifles or machineguns. The IFF mission is an obvious place, but Grunt's loyalty mission is great for it too.

I'm kind of in love with it.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    -Tal wrote: »

Elcor mount gigantic cannons on their backs and roll in like oliphants. Between their shrug-it-off toughness and using computers to compensate for their slowness, I bet the elcor army is terrifying.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How many threads is this?

Kazaka on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I want an elcor squadmate in ME3. That would be the perfect compliment to my Vanguard. And my heart.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    1. Heavy Charge
    2. Champion
    3. Inferno Ammo

These are the biggies. Everything after that is to taste.

pretty much

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I want an elcor squadmate in ME3. That would be the perfect compliment to my Vanguard. And my heart.

bioware's got you covered.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/secret-romance-mass-effect/63941

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, -Tal has the next thread?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    -Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
This discussion has been closed.