As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2010 Info and FAQ Thread (ASK QUESTIONS HERE)

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cmansocked wrote: »
    So I bought some badges through the forum. Is there any registration I need to fill out beforehand? Since I did not buy them first hand and all.

You need the physical badge.

The seller has to either MAIL it to you or find some way of getting it to you (meetup in person or somesuch)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • cmansockedcmansocked Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BigRed wrote: »
    cmansocked wrote: »
    So I bought some badges through the forum. Is there any registration I need to fill out beforehand? Since I did not buy them first hand and all.

You need the physical badge.

The seller has to either MAIL it to you or find some way of getting it to you (meetup in person or somesuch)

Yup got the badges in hand. Met up yesterday. Just wondering about the registration packets that I read were mailed to people. But if it is just the physical badge needed then I should be good to go. They are exactly like the photos above.

cmansocked on
  • JastrickJastrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey There,

I went to print off my tickets today, using the link provided in the email, and when the page to print loaded up, 'SCANNED' was written in huge letters across the ticket.

Am I the only one with this issue or did this happen to everyone? I've tried contacting pax_questions@paxsite.com but have yet to hear back and I am kind of freaking out.

Jastrick on
    Veteran of PAX 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010
    Survivor of PAX-POX
    Organizer of a Roadtrip for my friends here in Edmonton to PAX since 2007
    -I'll take Boxed Games over Digital Downloads any day-
  • bitpartbitpart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jastrick wrote: »
    Hey There,

I went to print off my tickets today, using the link provided in the email, and when the page to print loaded up, 'SCANNED' was written in huge letters across the ticket.

Am I the only one with this issue or did this happen to everyone? I've tried contacting pax_questions@paxsite.com but have yet to hear back and I am kind of freaking out.

I'm in the exact same boat, tensely waiting a reply from pax_questions.

bitpart on
    edited August 2010
    I'm not worried so much that someone has stolen them or something, seeing as Will Call doesn't open until Thursday, but I am worried that Will Call wont accept a ticket with SCANNED written across the top.

Jastrick on
    Survivor of PAX-POX
  • bitpartbitpart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's my thinking, the SCANNED text obscures the bar codes, so I assume these won't be accepted. Between this and paying $16 for shipping when the badges haven't materialized, I'm worried. :(

bitpart on
    edited August 2010
    Just spoke to everyone in my group (14 People total, including myself), and everyone's ticket says 'SCANNED' across it. My girlfriend luckily seems to have saved copies of our tickets before the 'SCANNED' appeared, so I hope those are still usable.

I didn't even have an option for shipping, as I'm up in Canada, and to cheap to pay to FEDEX (or was it UPS?) for 5 badges...

I wonder why this appeared though? Is there some switch that flips in the remaining last few days?

Jastrick on
    Survivor of PAX-POX
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mine shows scanned as well and I'm in Canada and did not pay for FedEx shipping as well. aaaaaaaaaaaaa

GeeCee on
    edited August 2010
    At this point I think with the sheer amount of people who this is happening to (including the ENTIRETY of my group) makes me believe that the passes are in no danger, but I am slightly concerned for those who don't have their tickets already printed...

Jastrick on
    Survivor of PAX-POX
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So these papers you print out are your confirmation pages, not your actual tickets. Your pass will be given to you at will call. Question, though: does the "SCANNED" text show up over the bar code?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
    edited August 2010
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    So these papers you print out are your confirmation pages, not your actual tickets. Your pass will be given to you at will call. Question, though: does the "SCANNED" text show up over the bar code?

Partially. I'm afraid though that if I try to give them a confirmation that says 'SCANNED', that I'll have an argument on my hands (It turns out I have all but one of the 5 saved to my PC, and it needs to be printed).

So far everyone I have spoken to has had this happen if they went to try to print their confirmation again.

Jastrick on
    Survivor of PAX-POX
  • Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Partially. I'm afraid though that if I try to give them a confirmation that says 'SCANNED', that I'll have an argument on my hands (It turns out I have all but one of the 5 saved to my PC, and it needs to be printed).

So far everyone I have spoken to has had this happen if they went to try to print their confirmation again.

I just went back to check mine, on the Saturday badges that I have already revived in the mail it has the SCANNED wording, but on the Friday & Sunday tickets that I am still waiting on, they don't.

I wonder if the SCANNED wording appears once they physically mail the badges.

Sgt Superman on
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
    edited August 2010

I just went back to check mine, on the Saturday badges that I have already revived in the mail it has the SCANNED wording, but on the Friday & Sunday tickets that I am still waiting on, they don't.

I wonder if the SCANNED wording appears once they physically mail the badges.

That's the issue for me though. I'm not having my badges shipped, I'm just getting them at Will Call

Jastrick on
    Survivor of PAX-POX
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's the issue for me though. I'm not having my badges shipped, I'm just getting them at Will Call

im in the same boat as you, ill be hoping to pick up my badge on thursday with a piece of paper that already says scanned on it.

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
    edited August 2010
    Just got a response from pax_questions:

Do not worry! This is alright and you will still be able to pick up
    your tickets on site :)

I am happy now

Jastrick on
    Survivor of PAX-POX
  • Firestorm88Firestorm88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My friend can't make it anymore but I need to pick up his badge at will-call for someone else who will be coming instead. Is there a way I can get it transferred to my name to do the pickup in case they ask for ID? I'll have my ID + Credit card for my ticket, but not his.

We're doing will-call as we're from Canada.

Firestorm88 on
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My friend can't make it anymore but I need to pick up his badge at will-call for someone else who will be coming instead. Is there a way I can get it transferred to my name to do the pickup in case they ask for ID? I'll have my ID + Credit card for my ticket, but not his.

I don't think YOU can get it transferred. HE has to get it transferred to you. Not sure who you have to contact exactly. I'm sure Moe will post that as soon as he sees this.

basicallygeek on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2010

I don't think YOU can get it transferred. HE has to get it transferred to you. Not sure who you have to contact exactly. I'm sure Moe will post that as soon as he sees this.

pax_questions@paxsite.com

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• feyithfeyith Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there an official thread for best of douchey PAX-related craigslist ads?

feyith on
    edited August 2010
    We discourage the posting of douchey things. It goes against the spirit of Wheaton's Law.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

pax_questions@paxsite.com

See?
    Though I could've just guessed at that email address, it's not too complicated lol.

basicallygeek on
  • Firestorm88Firestorm88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thank you both! Will get him to do that.

Firestorm88 on
  • KingkoaKingkoa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    First time goign to PAX...been wanting to go for a while now....

I plan on taking my son who is two because he is crazy about anything video game related...

if i bring a stroller is there a place to put it where u cant use it or if it folds can i just put it on my back and be fine?

i bought friday/sunday badge from here but bought a 3 day pass on craigslist so my gf can come with...how do i know if its fake....is there something i can see if i went and found a blacklight and put it next to it? haha
    sorry just paranoid about craigslist tickets..

am i fine that when i bought the 3 day pass all i got was the badge? or did i need the printed out ticket thing liek i got when i ordered my badge from here

thanks for the taking the time to read this!!1 sorry my phone wont let me use the search button and google didnt have the answer

Kingkoa on
  • bubblegumnexbubblegumnex Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alright question time.

Will early badge pick up be open Thursday night or will I have to pick it up Friday morning?

bubblegumnex on
    <@zerzhul&gt; bubblegumnex: you were so very fucked up
    <@zerzhul&gt; you win at twdt
    edited August 2010
    It is open thursday from noon to about 10pm, I think

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kingkoa wrote: »
    if i bring a stroller is there a place to put it where u cant use it or if it folds can i just put it on my back and be fine?

i bought friday/sunday badge from here but bought a 3 day pass on craigslist so my gf can come with...how do i know if its fake....is there something i can see if i went and found a blacklight and put it next to it? haha
    sorry just paranoid about craigslist tickets..

am i fine that when i bought the 3 day pass all i got was the badge? or did i need the printed out ticket thing liek i got when i ordered my badge from here

There is no coat check, but as long as it doesn't protrude out too much, strapping it to your back should be fine.

PAX badges are printed on plastic and look like so:
    GeeCee wrote: »
    3n03m03p25z45u05p5a8se1.jpg

All you need is the badge itself. The barcode is for will call purposes only.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    It is open thursday from noon to about 10pm, I think

Thursday from 10AM to 8PM and Friday from 8AM on, according to the e-mail I got.

ASimPerson on
  • Shadowhunter79Shadowhunter79 Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    can you pick up your lanyards at the will call or do you have to wait until friday?

Shadowhunter79 on
    [
    SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mr.Sci-FiMr.Sci-Fi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Anyone have the info on parking, any special rates or places?

Mr.Sci-Fi on
  • MortonStromgalMortonStromgal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I know if your willing to park south west a few blocks parking is much cheaper ($6 for sat or sun) but the garages close at 11pm.

MortonStromgal on
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thursday Will-Call is opening at 10am. Officially it will run until the frequency of people picking up badges slows to the point where they want to stop. This could happen as early as 8pm but it might go until as late as 10pm.

Will-Call probably will have lanyards, but they might not. The Swag Bag pickup locations (Benaroya Line and Queue Room) will have lanyards.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • AuroraAurora Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you're willing to hoof it a ways, there are reasonable prices in lots a few blocks North of the conference center. They don't close at midnight like some of the garages close to the con.

Aurora on
  • trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Here's the link to the Convention Center's parking options: http://www.wsctc.com/about_us/event_parking.aspx

Across the street on I think it's 8th and Pine, there's another garage that is jointly shared with a hotel and Hertz that's a few dollars cheaper, not sure when that one closes, but that's generally where I park when I have to drive downtown.

Beneroya Hall also has reasonable parking rates. My coworkers all park there (next-door to our office) rather than in our office tower's parking because of the price. They have an early-bird special in by 9am out by 6pm.

trickycoolj on
  • soonerjuddsoonerjudd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What's all this about swag bags? Are they bags to put swag in, or do they already come swag-ified? Are they limited like the wristbands?

soonerjudd on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They're limited, but there are a lot more of them. They have little fliers and what not from a bunch of companies, and usually a few cool thing. At east there were mini Magic decks, so there was a lot of in line Magic playing.

SlickShughes on
  • frobearfrobear Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    soonerjudd wrote: »
    What's all this about swag bags? Are they bags to put swag in, or do they already come swag-ified? Are they limited like the wristbands?

PAX staff will be handing out bags to everyone as they arrive that will include a program, ads for various games and the corresponding booth to visit, probably buttons for the DTS game, maybe a shirt, and god knows what else. They're kind of a starter pack for the swag you'll be accumulating over the rest of the weekend. They're probably limited but the limit is probably very high so I wouldn't worry about it.

frobear on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    soonerjudd wrote: »

They'll be handed out with some stuff in it, like a map and a PAX program, etc. In the past there has been a little bit of free stuff in it as well, like a d20 or something like that. It really is up to the companies at the show to put stuff in there. There should be enough for everybody.

You'll find many different bags on the expo floor which are big enough for putting expo floor swag in. The swag bag given when you walk in is usually pretty small.

edit: beaten so hard

GeeCee on
  • SamuraiJack1369SamuraiJack1369 Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Sorry for posting if this has already been addressed, but how do we get the lanyards for our passes? Are they in the swag bag or do we need to get them at the Sheraton? I have a 3 day pass so don't want to go to the Sheraton if there is no need. I used search, but couldn't find a clear answer.

SamuraiJack1369 on
    Where ever you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry for posting if this has already been addressed, but how do we get the lanyards for our passes? Are they in the swag bag or do we need to get them at the Sheraton? I have a 3 day pass so don't want to go to the Sheraton if there is no need. I used search, but couldn't find a clear answer.

You'll get them at the same place as the swag bags.

SlickShughes on
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The program book and lanyard will be available at the same location you get the bag, but they won't be in the bag already.
    The bags contain some really cool stuff this year (the Enforcers stuffed all >20,000 bags this past Sunday, so we know what's in them). I can't divulge the details of the contents; you'll find out on Friday when you get your bag.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
This discussion has been closed.