As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2010 BYOC Info/FAQ - REG CLOSED

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, just let us know so we dont just see random people wandering away.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Now the question is, will the keynote fill up before we have a chance to even setup our computers?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited August 2010
    No idea, but I will have a large display showing the pax lines twitter feed at the desk so people can gauge time.

BigRed on
  • GeeCeeGeeCee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just got an email with a barcode but it makes no mention of BYOC. Is this the BYOC barcode or is this to pick up my badge since I live outside the US?
    You have successfully completed your payment for the PAX West event, set to take place September 3rd - 5th in Seattle, WA!

Be sure to bring the printed version of this email with you to the event as your unique bar code will be used to expedite your registration. In the event you cannot view your bar code in this email, you can find also find it on your "My Registration" page located here.

Remember, the address for the event is:
    Washington State Convention Center
    800 Convention Pl
    Seattle, WA

If you have any questions relating to the website or registration process please, open a support ticket.

Regards,
    PAX West 2010 Staff

GeeCee on
    edited August 2010
    Barcode emails are away!

BigRed on
    edited August 2010
    GeeCee wrote: »
    I just got an email with a barcode but it makes no mention of BYOC. Is this the BYOC barcode or is this to pick up my badge since I live outside the US?
    You have successfully completed your payment for the PAX West event, set to take place September 3rd - 5th in Seattle, WA!

Be sure to bring the printed version of this email with you to the event as your unique bar code will be used to expedite your registration. In the event you cannot view your bar code in this email, you can find also find it on your "My Registration" page located here.

Remember, the address for the event is:
    Washington State Convention Center
    800 Convention Pl
    Seattle, WA

If you have any questions relating to the website or registration process please, open a support ticket.

Regards,
    PAX West 2010 Staff

I just noticed that too. Yes thats your BYOC barcode, weird that the LANfest site didnt mention BYOC at all....

BigRed on
  • AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just got my barcode printed 5 times and stored in multiple safe locations where no one else can access it, just in case I lose or destroy a copy. Can't be too over-prepared!

I noticed the lack of BYOC reference too, but the hyperlink in the email lead to http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=registration%22 so I figured this is what it was for.

By the by, that link doesn't work. It leads you to a page that says:
    Error
    You are already registered.

*shrugs* EDIT: This link will get you to where the email wanted to direct you with the confirmation barcode: http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=stem_confirmation_email&eventid=1467

Anyway, thanks for getting those out BigRed!

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png
  • ZankaboZankabo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Small question on the barcode.. I purchased two BYOC slots, but only received one Barcode. This is normal, right?

Zankabo on
    Better a witty fool than to have a foolish wit....
    edited August 2010
    Zankabo wrote: »
    Small question on the barcode.. I purchased two BYOC slots, but only received one Barcode. This is normal, right?

Yes it is.
    If you got 2 seats be sure to tell us when you get your orange BYOC badge and we will look it up on the list.

BigRed on
  • savagehartsavagehart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ok I give. Why do I need a USB phone charger?

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • murtemurte Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    savagehart wrote: »

Probably because you only get 2 outlets. Usb would free that requirement of a 3rd outlet.

murte on
    PAX Prime 2011
    (+) PAX Prime 3-day - In my hands!
    (+) PAX Dev 2-day - READY
    (+) BYOC - READY
    (+) Hotel - READY
    edited August 2010
    murte wrote: »
    savagehart wrote: »

Probably because you only get 2 outlets. Usb would free that requirement of a 3rd outlet.

So this is valid only if you carry a phone? Now I understand.

savagehart on
    Doofenshmirtz: Wow, if I had a nickel for every time I was doomed by a puppet, I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice, right?
  • trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can I show my barcode from my smartphone? I've been doing that for various coupons and boarding passes at the airport. Makes me feel all future-y and awesome. And saves me from having to find printer paper/remember to print at work.

trickycoolj on
    edited August 2010
    Can I show my barcode from my smartphone? I've been doing that for various coupons and boarding passes at the airport. Makes me feel all future-y and awesome. And saves me from having to find printer paper/remember to print at work.

Id suggest printing it out. My barcode scanners typically haven't been good at scanning off of a screen.

BigRed on
  • Big GuyBig Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    tek wrote: »
    Rayman wrote: »
    Big Red, question on the email I(we) received....

*BYOC opens 2 hours early, the rest of PAX will open at 10am. We will be keeping BYOC attendees in the room until the official 10am start.

..so if my plan was to check in at 8am and leave my gear and then go to the key note I would not be able to? Just want to clear this up.

From a similar question:
    BigRed wrote: »
    If you want to leave BYOC to go to the Line room you should let one of my security enforcers know and it will be fine.

I have a question similar to this but slightly different. My plan is to setup my computer as early as possible and then I was hoping to be able to take any bags I'm using to haul gear back to my hotel (Sheraton) and then come back into the byoc room and wait for PAX to officially begin. So what I'm asking is if it is ok to check-in to byoc, then leave, then come back all before 10 am.

Big Guy on
    Survivor of PAX '06 (BALL!), PAX '07 (Don't be a Dick), PAX '08 (Bad Horse), PAX '09 (H1Nerd1), PAX '10
  • atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Do you have to take your PAX badge to pick up your BYOC badge on Thursday? Or is the barcode enough?

atray on
    edited August 2010
    atray wrote: »
    Do you have to take your PAX badge to pick up your BYOC badge on Thursday? Or is the barcode enough?

On Thursday you wont need to. Anybody can get into registration. But you need your pax badge to get up to BYOC.

BigRed on
  • liquidchaosliquidchaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=126969

Unfortunately, I have to give up my BYOC slot.

I have made a separate thread for the matter.

Please inform any who wants to run their rig at BYOC.

liquidchaos on
    edited August 2010

That sucks man :( Dont have another machine you could bring?

This late in the game you will have to be the one that picks up the Orange BYOC pass but you can give it to whoever you want after that.

BigRed on
    edited August 2010

That sucks man :( Dont have another machine you could bring?

This late in the game you will have to be the one that picks up the Orange BYOC pass but you can give it to whoever you want after that.

I plan to do that. I posted the thread for any person who wants the slot, and has a good reason why their rig is a good replacement for my beautiful mistress.

My Mac Mini isn't exactly gaming or show-off material, so not even gonna bother.

I spent most of the year, collecting components and souping up her exterior, only to see my mobo just up-and-die 2 days ago. I have expended everything short of checking the voltage on all sections. RMA was my best solution. It was really hard for her, as she will be spending time at the RMA center while I'm at PAX.

liquidchaos on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That sucks man..
    I'll ask my group if they want a BYOC slot... I have 2 already but maybe someone else wants one...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2010
    Serenity wrote: »
    That sucks man..
    I'll ask my group if they want a BYOC slot... I have 2 already but maybe someone else wants one...

Thanks man.

Please have them reply to my thread. I ain't looking for a rig 'just as pretty', just someone who wants to be there, and has a story.

liquidchaos on
    edited August 2010

My notebook will be dressed in black as a sign of morning for your loss. That really truly sux.

savagehart on
  • SHiZZAMSHiZZAM Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Quick question which I think has been answered before, but I’d just like to clarify.

There are 4 of us driving down from Vancouver, BC on Thursday after work. We’re going 2 per car as not all of us get off of work at the same time. 1 person per car has a BYOC pass, 1 does not. All 4 of us have 3 day passes, but since none were mailed outside of the US we have to pick them up. Assuming that 1 group arrives to registration Thursday evening before the other (hopefully before 9, but that’s going to depend on Vancouver/99 traffic, border line-up, and Seattle/I5 traffic) can they pick up a BYOC pass for someone who’s not there yet? What about their expo pass if they had a print out of the ticket? Ideally we’d like to get all of our 4 of our PAX 3 day passes, and 2 BYOC passes for the guys who don’t have them yet so that we can show up at 8am on Friday and setup! :D

Thanks!

SHiZZAM on
    edited August 2010
    No, only you can pick up your BYOC pass.

You can pick up BYOC passes day of on Friday as well. You can get your pass before you line up on Friday if you cant get it on Thursday.

BigRed on
  • HorlicksHorlicks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Epic Fail !

Just reached the US and got hold of my sister's laptop to prepare it for the PAX BYOC ... realized i couldn't install most of my games on this comp because they are region-locked (steam wont authorize the CD keys in this region). Is there any way to solve this? (looking obviously only for legal and permissible solutions) or am I pretty much buggered ?

Horlicks on
  • Rob SpewackRob Spewack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Big Guy wrote: »

*BYOC opens 2 hours early, the rest of PAX will open at 10am. We will be keeping BYOC attendees in the room until the official 10am start.

..so if my plan was to check in at 8am and leave my gear and then go to the key note I would not be able to? Just want to clear this up.

From a similar question:
    If you want to leave BYOC to go to the Line room you should let one of my security enforcers know and it will be fine.

I have a question similar to this but slightly different. My plan is to setup my computer as early as possible and then I was hoping to be able to take any bags I'm using to haul gear back to my hotel (Sheraton) and then come back into the byoc room and wait for PAX to officially begin. So what I'm asking is if it is ok to check-in to byoc, then leave, then come back all before 10 am.

Also curious to know the answer to this. The luggage I'm bringing my case in is big enough to require it's own BYOC pass, and I should have just enough time to get to the Convention Center, drop off the gear, get back to the place I'm crashing at, and run back before 10.

Rob Spewack on
    edited August 2010
    Big Guy wrote: »

From a similar question:

Also curious to know the answer to this. The luggage I'm bringing my case in is big enough to require it's own BYOC pass, and I should have just enough time to get to the Convention Center, drop off the gear, get back to the place I'm crashing at, and run back before 10.

Just ask me day of and it should be fine.

BigRed on
    edited August 2010
    Alright guys, it is time for me to go offline. Ill be on and off sporadicly, responses will be delayed.

If you have a critical question hit me up at reasonablylucid@gmail.com (will go to my phone), But remember, a lot of the answers you seek are in the thread. Use them wisely :P

See you all at PAX.

BigRed on
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    SHiZZAM wrote: »
    Quick question which I think has been answered before, but I’d just like to clarify.

There are 4 of us driving down from Vancouver, BC on Thursday after work. We’re going 2 per car as not all of us get off of work at the same time. 1 person per car has a BYOC pass, 1 does not. All 4 of us have 3 day passes, but since none were mailed outside of the US we have to pick them up. Assuming that 1 group arrives to registration Thursday evening before the other (hopefully before 9, but that’s going to depend on Vancouver/99 traffic, border line-up, and Seattle/I5 traffic) can they pick up a BYOC pass for someone who’s not there yet? What about their expo pass if they had a print out of the ticket? Ideally we’d like to get all of our 4 of our PAX 3 day passes, and 2 BYOC passes for the guys who don’t have them yet so that we can show up at 8am on Friday and setup! :D

Thanks!
    Thursday Will-Call may be closed by 9. Officially it will run until the frequency of people picking up badges slows to the point where they want to stop. This could happen as early as 8pm but it might go until as late as 10pm.

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
    edited August 2010
    Alright guys, it is time for me to go offline. Ill be on and off sporadicly, responses will be delayed.

If you have a critical question hit me up at reasonablylucid@gmail.com (will go to my phone), But remember, a lot of the answers you seek are in the thread. Use them wisely :P

See you all at PAX.

Looking forward to it, Even the grilling you're supposed to give me so I can get my Forum badge. ;)

savagehart on
  • HorlicksHorlicks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Horlicks wrote: »
    Epic Fail !

Just reached the US and got hold of my sister's laptop to prepare it for the PAX BYOC ... realized i couldn't install most of my games on this comp because they are region-locked (steam wont authorize the CD keys in this region). Is there any way to solve this? (looking obviously only for legal and permissible solutions) or am I pretty much buggered ?

Looks like there is no escape from the above problem. So that leaves me only with non-steam games that run on my sis's laptop ... do people still play AOE2 ? any chance for a game at the byoc ?

Horlicks on
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Random question - I'm not familiar with the Sheraton at all. Does it have a pull-in area for unloading for check-in? I"m hoping it does and that I can leave my motorcycle there while I pick up my BYOC badge tomorrow, 'cause parking my bike and walking very far in my gear *sucks*.

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • ManoaManoa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    alegria wrote: »
    Random question - I'm not familiar with the Sheraton at all. Does it have a pull-in area for unloading for check-in?

It does...it's accessible from 6th Avenue.

Manoa on
  • jaberwockynmtjaberwockynmt PAX Info Booth Manager Renton, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Manoa wrote: »
    alegria wrote: »
    Random question - I'm not familiar with the Sheraton at all. Does it have a pull-in area for unloading for check-in?
    It does...it's accessible from 6th Avenue.
    It does, but the valets will probably charge you for parking. It's something like $30/day

jaberwockynmt on
    --Jarrod "Jaberwocky" Lombardo, PAX Enforcer: Info Booth Manager.
    "We know that the moment we slip, it will be taken away... and so it is of the utmost importance to be worthy of it constantly."
    PAX will always be held on the best weekend for PAX. Sometimes that will be a bad weekend for you; I'm sorry.
  • IndracoIndraco Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I waited to long and missed BYOC reg.

But it I've followed the thread correctly, I can show up at 0800 tomorrow and try to purchase a spare one?

Which line would I get in to do that?

Indraco on
  • supergluesuperglue Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My friends and I didn't even realize that there was a registration for BYOC. We're all planning on bringing laptops regardless. Is there some sort of WiFi or something somewhere that we can hook into to play, or are we best to bring our own router and just LAN up ourselves?

superglue on
  • KtuluKtulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have a really odd shaped computer. It is a LAN Box, will it be a problem for space?

Also can I bring my HDD docking station, it requires an additional outlet, can I bring a splitter a something?

Ktulu on
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    superglue wrote: »
    My friends and I didn't even realize that there was a registration for BYOC. We're all planning on bringing laptops regardless. Is there some sort of WiFi or something somewhere that we can hook into to play, or are we best to bring our own router and just LAN up ourselves?

BYOC won't have wifi. There is the regular PAX wifi setup but that will be overloaded as usual. Also I wouldn't suggest you bring your own networking hardware... people may lose fingers.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ktulu wrote: »
    I have a really odd shaped computer. It is a LAN Box, will it be a problem for space?

Also can I bring my HDD docking station, it requires an additional outlet, can I bring a splitter a something?

The LAN Box won't be a problem. You can set it to the side or behind your monitor or on the floor.

They ask you not to bring splitters or power strips. Not sure that a HDD docking station would be very useful anyway, but you probably have your reasons.

DJBreslin on
This discussion has been closed.