As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Pre-PAX Dinner 2010 Thread - *Food Registration - CLOSED*

• SevorakSevorak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got me and another signed up for the dinner! It's my first PAX and my buddy's second (third?) but the first pre PAX dinner for both of us. I'm definitely looking forward to this whole PAX experience!

Sevorak on
    steam_sig.png 3DS: 0748-2282-4229
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but what's the story on attendance-only tickets? I would love to attend with the rest of my team, and don't get me wrong, the dinner options are awesome, but $27 is a bit steep for my budget.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What is the head count? Just curious.

Rayman on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but what's the story on attendance-only tickets? I would love to attend with the rest of my team, and don't get me wrong, the dinner options are awesome, but $27 is a bit steep for my budget.

That option hasn't gone the way of the dodo quite yet.

Right now, we're sitting around 115 attendees and as soon as we figure out how many people are coming to eat, I'll be looking at opening up attendance only ticketing.

The priority was to have people who planned on eating dinner get the first crack at tickets. After we had a full count of foodies, then we would open the attendance only ticketing. The venue this year, is much smaller than that of last year, so that's the general reasoning why.

I'll tell you right now that attendance only tickets will be right around $14.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This might not be the best place to ask but...Is there alot of things to go to when PAX closes for the night that dosn't include drinking? Nothing against it, just under 21.

Gene Parmesan on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This might not be the best place to ask but...Is there alot of things to go to when PAX closes for the night that dosn't include drinking? Nothing against it, just under 21.

I think there's a karaoke thread and a different gathering being planned on the forums. Thursday night is usually the bar crawl or industry parties, though.

Heleor on
  • GrapesodaGrapesoda Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Hotel parties

Grapesoda on
    edited August 2010
    Grapesoda wrote: »

Hotel parties

I'll be on the lookout for that, thanks.

Gene Parmesan on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »

That option hasn't gone the way of the dodo quite yet.

Right now, we're sitting around 115 attendees and as soon as we figure out how many people are coming to eat, I'll be looking at opening up attendance only ticketing.

The priority was to have people who planned on eating dinner get the first crack at tickets. After we had a full count of foodies, then we would open the attendance only ticketing. The venue this year, is much smaller than that of last year, so that's the general reasoning why.

I'll tell you right now that attendance only tickets will be right around $14.

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I'll just have to keep an eye on this thread then. :D

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited August 2010
    It'll be sometime in the next few days. Probably end of the week.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • SofiaSabotageSofiaSabotage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hello!

Any plans for after the dinner?

SofiaSabotage on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hello!

Any plans for after the dinner?

You got the Triwizard Drinking Tournament, hotel room parties, exhibitor/company parties, and the less important, but mentionable, Penny Arcade Expo... meh...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • SofiaSabotageSofiaSabotage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes, yes. I meant something specific other than Triwizard. Curious because I am a writer for a infamous blog and am doing an article/pictures of Pre-Pax events. That is all.
    I will be at Triwizard but thought there might be something else.

Thanks.

SofiaSabotage on
    edited August 2010
    Registered for the attendee group. See you all there!

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • refragrefrag Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm registered with the Veggie group. I couldn't resist this pre-PAX tradition. Plus, this is always the best place to start buttoneering!

See you all in 10 days!

refrag on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Me and a friend have meat thingies!--erm... we're going for meat, great time for my buttons to take the stage!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Do we really need the printout, or can we just pull up the .pdf on our smartphone and show that?

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
    edited August 2010
    peetsnack wrote: »
    Do we really need the printout, or can we just pull up the .pdf on our smartphone and show that?

That is totally fine.

Also:

One of our guests has graciously decided to donate a ticket to somebody who can't afford the dinner but wishes to attend. If you're interested, it's a BIRD GROUP! ticket. This ticket is available to anybody who is interested, first come first served.

Just lemme know!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guess I'll need to register tomorrow, or today, technically.
    Hope to see you all there!

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes, yes. I meant something specific other than Triwizard. Curious because I am a writer for a infamous blog and am doing an article/pictures of Pre-Pax events. That is all.
    I will be at Triwizard but thought there might be something else.

Thanks.

I'd like to take this moment to Wheaton's Law you to oblivion. Please don't (inadvertently I'm sure) screw over, embarrass, etc TWDT participants for content on your "infamous blog". That is seriously not even cool.

There are lots of other events - check the rest of the forum. You could always hit up Jillian's to play Rock Band 3 before anyone else!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So, PayPal is totally fucking me over right now and I can't use my credit card to pay for stuff. Like the Pre-PAX Dinner.

BA: Is there any way you can add me to the EventBrite system and I can pay cash at the door, or something? I don't want to miss the registration, but this PayPal thing STILL hasn't been resolved and the deadline is tomorrow.

Small edit: I just saw that post above about the bird group ticket. I would gladly take that ticket and reimburse cash at the door. I don't need a free ticket, I just need to be part of the headcount and I can't register on my own. ;_;

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • shiftyninjashiftyninja Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just bought two tickets!!!

shiftyninja on
  • lkhushrenadalkhushrenada Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    Arco wrote: »
    Small edit: I just saw that post above about the bird group ticket. I would gladly take that ticket and reimburse cash at the door. I don't need a free ticket, I just need to be part of the headcount and I can't register on my own. ;_;

Yeah, that's totally cool. I'll PM you with the info you'll need (because I won't remember).

Food registration is going to be closing in just a few hours!! Get your Food tickets now or...buy an Attendance only ticket which will continue to be sold until the 1st!!

Also: Thanks to Kropotkin, I have forum badges for Pre-PAX Dinner Distribution. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    YAY BETA ANGEL IS MY HERO! Fucking PayPal, making things difficult.

Registered. Can't wait!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I hope I didn't post this already. :P

If anyone is driving to the PPD from the Hyatt Olive 8 or environs who may be able to give me a lift? I can't walk that far and was hoping not to have to take my wheelchair. PM me. Thanks!

Jenny_Spaghetti on
    edited August 2010
    I swung by the venue yesterday, just to get a final decision on layout and whatnot (which I'm still hammering out) and it's gonna be awesome.

Jenny_Spaghetti, I might be able to pick you up on the way over, but you'll be early to the dinner.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's ok. I don't know exactly when my group is getting in but it should be early afternoon.
    I swung by the venue yesterday, just to get a final decision on layout and whatnot (which I'm still hammering out) and it's gonna be awesome.

Jenny_Spaghetti, I might be able to pick you up on the way over, but you'll be early to the dinner.

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Didn't see it in the OP so figured I ask here. What's the best way to get to the DAR Rainier because it is fairly far away from the convention centre area. Last year we could take the SLUT since it went pretty much right to the location. Is there a good transit alternative to walking?

Wormdundee on
    edited August 2010
    In this case...you're probably best looking at cabs or buses. It is totally walkable and in a cab, it's probably $5 at most. That's what I would guess, anyhow.

I have to drive in from miles out, so I'm not sure what routes look like.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In this case...you're probably best looking at cabs or buses. It is totally walkable and in a cab, it's probably $5 at most. That's what I would guess, anyhow.

I am gonna walk it from the Paramount. Maybe we should all meet up outside of one of the big hotels and walk en masse.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wormdundee wrote: »
    Didn't see it in the OP so figured I ask here. What's the best way to get to the DAR Rainier because it is fairly far away from the convention centre area. Last year we could take the SLUT since it went pretty much right to the location. Is there a good transit alternative to walking?

Looks like bus number 49 is the best way from downtown, stops at E Roy at Broadway.

EskimoDave on
    edited August 2010
    Thought I'd post about a possible board game meetup taking place after the dinner. Feel free to join us, starts after the dinner and goes pretty late, so if you'd like to join us after the pub crawl feel free.

Gene Parmesan on
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thought I'd post about a possible board game meetup taking place after the dinner, for anyone who: 1. Likes boardgames or 2. Doesn't drink.

Curses! I only make one qualification. I've been dying to play some board game that isn't Monopoly or Scrabble (which I always win since my friends' vocabulary are lacking in diversity).

EskimoDave on
    edited August 2010
    EskimoDave wrote: »
    Thought I'd post about a possible board game meetup taking place after the dinner, for anyone who: 1. Likes boardgames or 2. Doesn't drink.

Curses! I only make one qualification. I've been dying to play some board game that isn't Monopoly or Scrabble (which I always win since my friends' vocabulary are lacking in diversity).

We're planning on being up a bit late, so feel free to stop by when your done with the pub crawl.

Gene Parmesan on
    edited August 2010
    My team might have something special for dinner attendee's. Due to sky-rocketting prices it won't be free, but... who here likes Brawndo!? :mrgreen:

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My team might have something special for dinner attendee's. Due to sky-rocketting prices it won't be free, but... who here likes Brawndo!? :mrgreen:

I love me some brawndo.
    Also, TICKET GET.
    Although I won't be eating food, I will be conversing with people here and there!

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Ooooohhhh. This could be just what the dinner needs. Especially since I've no idea what the drink situation will be like at the dinner.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

I am gonna walk it from the Paramount. Maybe we should all meet up outside of one of the big hotels and walk en masse.

I think I am going to take the bus or a cab. I need to be there early to help setup and the walk from where I will be is 1.6 miles and it will take me 34 minutes.

Edit:
    I am going to take the bus. The bus 49 and 14 routes are perfect.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
    edited September 2010
    Cronus wrote: »

Ooooohhhh. This could be just what the dinner needs. Especially since I've no idea what the drink situation will be like at the dinner.

We will have limited amounts of various soda and water. I'm absolutely 100% ok with Coldbrew rockin' the Brawndo.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
This discussion has been closed.