As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Showing: Maria - 1. Wellcome to Kela (in attempt to get some Feedback.)

fELIXADERfELIXADER Registered User new member
edited August 2010 in Artist's Corner
Maria is a Story i am currently working on.
Skript and Idea and stuff is more or less done so i have now to do the drawing part of it.

Since this more or less the first Comic, Drawn Story thingie i've ever done and i started to train my drawing skill just since like end of 2008 please be gentle. X-P

However i can't hide the damn thing and then hope that someone accidentaly trips over my site and gives me feedback, so i am bringing it up here and today.

Maria___1__Wellcome_to_Kela_P0_by_Felixader.jpg

Maria___1__Wellcome_to_Kela_P1_by_Felixader.jpg

Maria__1_Maria___Page_2_by_Felixader.jpg

fELIXADER on

• Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I see where you are going with this and I really do like the idea. The unfortunate thing is you don't currently have the skill to get what is in your head onto the page.

Your biggest failing right now is that you have an extremely limited understanding of colour and how it behaves. At the moment you're colouring with only local colour (IE grass is green, sky is blue, sky bus's are yellow), but an objects colour is effected by more than just what colour it is painted. It is effected by it's environment, so you need to consider the colour of the light source, the ambient colour (on a bright clear day the sky will envelop the environment in blues, in the late afternoon a red sky will bathe it in oranges) and reflected light (light bounces off an object much like a mirror, so if your bus was close to a bright red car, some of those reds would bounce back onto the bus, and alternatively from the bus back onto the car).

I hope that gives you a little to think about, when your walking about try to pick up the colour of things and how light will make it behave differently, you may think that grey cloud looks grey, but look again, it's probably purple.

So remember three things; local colour, ambient colour and reflected colour.

Mustang on
  • Options
    fELIXADERfELIXADER Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    I see where you are going with this and I really do like the idea. The unfortunate thing is you don't currently have the .....

........, when your walking about try to pick up the colour of things and how light will make it behave differently, you may think that grey cloud looks grey, but look again, it's probably purple.

So remember three things; local colour, ambient colour and reflected colour.

Thanks for the feedback and the advice.
    And yes that's rigth i don't have the abillity to bring what i am aiming for from my head over to the (digital) paper.

And that is what this Story is for. While i still want to make a compelling story with interesting characters i mainly do it to get better in the process.
    And feedback, like that wich you provided, is very important for this.

fELIXADER on