As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blogfolio (this time with pics)

FalvesFalves Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Artist's Corner
My previous thread got locked for not having pics, my bad for not reading the rules.
A few assorted pics then:

pyramid_song.jpg

e_company.jpg

muse.jpg

7samurai.jpg

bes_ferias.jpg

MIT_Tobias_cor_2.jpg

neves2.jpg

motelx_2.jpg

lh_2.jpg

More here:
http://filalves.blogspot.com/

Enjoy. :)

Falves on

• Options
    CountBlackulaCountBlackula MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I like how you draw people. The last comic is really interesing, too. Can you explain why the animal-people are there, though?

CountBlackula on
    8JHfoFW.png Dom's Sketch Cast
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Really great variety here. I like the first and second ones best.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is freaking awesome
    bes_ferias.jpg

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you all for your words.

@NakedZergling
    That's the oldest stuff, previous millennium work. :P

@CountBlackula
    That one's tricky, I didn't write the story, but here goes:
    In Rousseau's Social Contract he mentions the part of Homer's Odyssey where the Cyclops eats the greeks and he makes a paralel where we are like cattle waiting to be eating by the Cyclops.
    So, in that page, everyone is cattle mindlessly waiting to be eaten by the imaginary Cyclops, except of course the 2 main characters.

Hope that was clear, also English is not my first language so forgive my spelling. :P

Falves on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wont comment on every single one of these, but they are definitely of an overall excellent quality, so I hope you stick around and post more update.

The first one captured my attention, its a nice sketch though the thick border outlines seem to detract rather than add.

Second one has a really nice composition.

Third one blows my mind. Great colors, you define shapes very well without lines.

I see you're from Portugal, I hope to travel there at least once, so I can see the motherland.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    what is up with that hand in #3?

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    BusyBee168BusyBee168 Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Those were great pictures. You've got talent man. Kudos to you. :)

I particularly like the third drawing and and the comic trips. I like the blend of color on the third one and sharpness of images on the comic strip stands out. :)

BusyBee168 on
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not bad, new guy... not bad at all....

#4 and the zombie cab driver are my favorites, even though the cabbie is reminiscent of Death and Taxis.

Paradise on
  • Options
    AimAim Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Paradise wrote: »
    Not bad, new guy... not bad at all....

#4 and the zombie cab driver are my favorites, even though the cabbie is reminiscent of Death and Taxis.

Not sure if it's a zombie... I've seen plenty of cab drivers that look like that in Lisbon.

Aim on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Again, thank you for the kind words. :)

@Moly: I guess I went for the "classic" middle and ring finger together look but might have screwed it up a bit.

@Earthwormadam: You should. ;)

@Paradise/Aim: It is a zombie, tho I wasn't familiar with that movie (google showed me it's a movie). It's part of a set of 3 illustrations that were made to promote a horror film festival here in Lisbon. Here are the other two, a barber and a "fado" singer:

motelx_3.jpg

motelx_1.jpg

Enjoy.

Falves on