As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Exclusive/Debut - SSFIV Chun-Li FightStick TE "S" ! (Pics Inside)

MarkManSDTMarkManSDT Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
Hello my PAX loves <3 !

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on the debut/exclusive that Mad Catz will have at PAX!

SS48838_ChunLi.jpg

The Chun-Li Super Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition "S" will be exclusive to PAX and the GameShark store (http://store.gameshark.com) and will be limited edition, just like the Femme Fatale stick last year.

Available on PS3 and Xbox 360.

Each stick is individually numbered.

Want one? Stop by the Mad Catz booth. While you're at it, try out Rock Band 3 <3 !

- MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
MarkManSDT on

• Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wanted a good stick for forever, but still priced so far outside of my budget. :( The Femme Fatale ones went quick last year.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I picked up a Femme Fatale stick last year. Unfortunately didn't notice that the box had a split down one of the corner seams when I bought it. Still holds together just not as pretty as something that expensive should be ;-)

Just a question here, why have the limited sticks been the SF females? I would absolutely KILL for an Akuma stick ;-) All black, red accents, you get the drill :-)

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MarkManSDT, since you claim to love arcade sticks so much, you must have pictures of your arcade stick collection.

Can you show them to me/us?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    MarkMasSDT, since you claim to love arcade sticks so much, you must have pictures of your arcade stick collection.

And this isn't even half of it.

That Chun-Li stick looks amazing. Looks like you guys returned to the TE1 design. 8-)

I also heard these will be the last TE sticks produced for a while so folks better get them now... ;-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That is one sexy peripheral.

God, if only I had enough extra scratch.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i bought the tourney edition "round 2" stick a month ago, it broke after a week, and ive spent the last month trying to call their coustomer support and never getting through. Im burned on madcatz for life.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i bought the tourney edition "round 2" stick a month ago, it broke after a week, and ive spent the last month trying to call their coustomer support and never getting through. Im burned on madcatz for life.

Holy Hell dude wtf did you do to it? Both my tourney sticks have been put through some rigorous gaming sessions and are still in perfect condition.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Holy Hell dude wtf did you do to it? Both my tourney sticks have been put through some rigorous gaming sessions and are still in perfect condition.

I didn't do anything to it. Pulled it out of the box, used it for like an hour and didn't mash on it or anything. Picked it back up 3 days later, and the two buttons that are for the triggers didn't do anything.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Well, that's not good. Email me your info or PM me your info and I'll have customer support contact you.

Also let me know where you purchased it from. Thanks.

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    MarkManSDT, since you claim to love arcade sticks so much, you must have pictures of your arcade stick collection.

Haha, yes I 'claim' to love arcade sticks.

I don't have current pics. That pic B:L posted was from years and years ago.

Right now I have about 207 arcade sticks in my collection. And it's growing by the week.

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, I got some goodies to give away too!

What should I give away!?

I got shirts. Keychains, and a ton more stuff!

HRMMM!

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    MarkManSDT wrote: »
    Also, I got some goodies to give away too!

What should I give away!?

I got shirts. Keychains, and a ton more stuff!

HRMMM!

Any chance you have any empty Femme Fatale display boxes to give away? ;-) I could bring my busted one as an exchange! :-D

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't, sorry :(

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I didn't do anything to it. Pulled it out of the box, used it for like an hour and didn't mash on it or anything. Picked it back up 3 days later, and the two buttons that are for the triggers didn't do anything.
    You know, those buttons (assuming they are regular arcade buttons) are pretty simple; if it's just the button that's the problem, you might be able to fix it yourself.

Here's a picture of a standard arcade button and switch (and nut):
    P1_LRG.jpg

The switch will be at the bottom of the button. See those three metal things sticking out of the switch? Wires attach to two of them, often connected with "quick disconnects", which are easy to attach and remove. What may have happened is one of the wires came off the connectors on two of the buttons, and being quick-disconnects you could just push them back on.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    kazuokazuo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You know, those buttons (assuming they are regular arcade buttons) are pretty simple; if it's just the button that's the problem, you might be able to fix it yourself.

Here's a picture of a standard arcade button and switch (and nut):
    P1_LRG.jpg

The switch will be at the bottom of the button. See those three metal things sticking out of the switch? Wires attach to two of them, often connected with "quick disconnects", which are easy to attach and remove. What may have happened is one of the wires came off the connectors on two of the buttons, and being quick-disconnects you could just push them back on.

That's actually more like a Happ-style American button, which Mark's sticks do not use. His sticks use Sanwa (Japanese) parts, so the button will look more like the one on the left:

15fkpco.jpg

Even so, what you suggested is a likely cause--the quick disconnects probably came loose. Either way, I would hold off on opening the thing up as it is still under warranty. It's entirely possible it could be a pcb issue (though it is most likely just the disconnects coming loose).

Mark: Wanna hang out thursday at the Bar Crawl? I'll hit you up LOL

kazuo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    kazuo: sup homie!

Hope you've been well. Thursday night I'm stuck doing work meetups/dinners.

I hope I can make it out, just hit me up via text/twitter.

MarkManSDT on
    - MarkMan @ SDTEKKEN.COM
This discussion has been closed.