As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Small World] Game 6, Round 1: Clear skies.

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited October 2010 in Critical Failures
OP was stolen from Valkun's pocket by Gandalf the Crazed, whom I drugged and stole it for myself.
smallworld.jpeg
sw_tl_cover.jpg

Introducing the Champions

In order to give the game a bit more variety, as well as offer a neat prize for winning, this game will be the first to have a contribution from the first winner of my PbP. Every winner will have the opportunity to submit their own special power or race to the game, so play smart.

This game will be a normal game with all expansions.

What the?
Small World is a game of territory domination with an emphasis of strategic thinking over random dice rolls. Each player will be able to select from a number of randomly generated races which combine the race's abilities with a special power to generate combinations ranging between ho-hum and outstandingly powerful. However, you have to decide when to abandon your current race in favor of a new one as the original lacks the power to expand or outlives its usefulness.

How do I join?
People can sign up until 11:59pm EST on Thursday the 26th. After that, I will randomly choose five victims to play for everyone else's viewing entertainment.

Once a round ends, I will update the map, set the current event and reveal the upcoming event.

Guidelines for playing:
The initial race/special power stack will be randomized. There will be tables listing all the race/abilities and dice rolls on invisible castle will determine which one appears next. I'll handle generating the first six. Whenever a player selects a new active race from the stack, it is their responsibility to generate a new race. Discarded powers/races will be put into new stacks with a fixed order in case we run through the random ones.

Players can make their own rolls for final conquests/berserk (roll 1d6, 4,5,6 = 0) and are responsible for reposting the game summary with their additions/alterations. Post how many points you earned for your turn, but keep the total to yourself. At the end of the game, we'll reveal how many points we've earned. There is no way to stop it, but it is against the spirit (and rules) of the game to keep a running total of other players' points.

To keep the game flowing faster, each retreating unit from conquered regions will go to the region with the least defense that does not contain an immunity token like the dragon, hero, or halfling hole. Water regions are considered immune as well. Multiple retreating units will each check for whatever is lowest at the time they are placed.

Useful Links
Rules
FAQ

Race Summary:
1. Amazons (6) Use 4 Additional Amazons during conquest.
2. Dwarves (3) Collect 1 extra coin for each mine, even in decline.
3. Elves (6) Do not suffer losses when conquered.
4. Ghouls (5) Act as if active when in decline.
5. Giants (6) Conquer adjacent to occupied mountains at -1 units.
6. Halflings (6) First conquest may be anywhere. Place a hole-in-the-ground tokens in each of the first two regions conquered. These regions are immune to conquest and/or powers of enemy players.
7. Humans (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Farmland region.
8. Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.
9. Ratmen (8) Have more tokens than other races!
10. Skeletons (6) Create 1 additional skeleton during redeploy for each 2 occupied regions conquered this turn.
11. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active token adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
12. Tritons (6) Require one less token to conquer coastal regions (this includes regions adjacent to the lake).
13. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. A region with a lair requires one extra token to conquer. These stay even in decline, but are removed if there are no trolls present in the region.
14. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.

EXPANSION RACES:
15. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
16. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
17. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
18. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
19. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.

CHAMPION RACES:
20. Bullywugs of Lodwilk (6) Require one less token to conquer regions, but other players require one less token to conquer Bullywugs at any region except swamps.
21. Fairies of SlickShughes (?) ???

Special Power Summary:
1. Alchemist (4) Collect 2 exta coins at the end of each turn while active.
2. Berserk (4) You can use the reinforcement die for every conquest and roll before selecting the region.
3. Bivouacking (5) During redeploy, place or move the 5 Encampment tokens in your region(s). Regions with these tokens require one more token to be conquered. You may have multiple encampment tokens in each region.
4. Commando (4) Regions require one less token to conquer.
5. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
6. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one token. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
7. Flying (5) You may conquer any region except water even if they are not adjacent.
8. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
9. Fortified (3) Once per turn, place one Fortress in a region you control (max 1 per region, 6 total). Each fortress token generates one extra point if the race is active and regions with fortress tokens require one more token to conquer (even in decline).
10. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions cannot be conquered and are immune to enemy powers.
11. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
12. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
13. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
14. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
15. Seafaring (5) You may conquer and occupy water regions. This lasts even in decline.
16. Spirit (5) This race does not count for your declined race limit. (Keep this power when in decline)
17. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
18. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
19. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.
20. Wealthy (4) Collect 7 extra coins at the end of your first turn active.

EXPANSION POWERS:
21. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
22. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
23. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
24. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
25. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
26. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
27. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

CHAMPION POWERS:
N/A

The Map:
defaultmap.jpg

The Territories By Quadrant:

NORTHWEST
A. Drake Sea
1. Dragon Coast
2. Witch Marsh
3. World's End
11. Windmillia
12. Westros (1) Lost Tribe
13. Rush Valley (1) Lost Tribe
14. Warlock Falls
15. Rolling Flats (1) Lost Tribe
16. Ent's Harbor
17. Swamps of Despair (1) Lost Tribe
18. Leyland
45. Norfolk (1) Lost Tribe

NORTHEAST
4. Northwoods
5. Ghitu Highlands (1) Lost Tribe
6. Ghitu Lowlands
7. Doveland
8. Secluded Swamp (1) Lost Tribe
9. Mount Mithril
10. Iron Spine
43. Waterwood
44. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
19. Piercing Delta (1) Lost Tribe
20. Rivertown
21. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
22. Crackling Steppes (1) Lost Tribe
23. Burning Steppes
24. Falling Leaves (1) Lost Tribe
25. Saint's Pride
34. Secluded Vale
35. High Peaks
36. Misty Vale
37. Mid Peaks
38. Southpeak
B. Rainbow Lake
C. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
26. Valorock
27. Wool Road (1) Lost Tribe
28. Deathmaw
29. Raptor's Nest
30. Platinum Plateau (1) Lost Tribe
31. Quicksilver Forest (1) Lost Tribe
32. Midland (1) Lost Tribe
33. Engorged Marsh (1) Lost Tribe
39. Lowlands
40. Tranquil Expanse
41. Dryad's Retreat (1) Lost Tribe
42. Silver Mist

YL9WnCY.png
Sterica on

• DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    reserve up

I'll happily play again, but would like to let new players have first chance.

Darian on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    reserve up

I'll happily play again, but would like to let new players have first chance.

Ditto. Also I've got a pretty firm idea on what my champion race will be, I'll pm it in later this afternoon.

SlickShughes on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    Is everyone tired of Small World?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've never played before, but I've been interested in trying it out. Sign me up.

The Everyman on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ill sign up as well, the semester just started but I think Ill have time.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited August 2010
    Well, sign-ups close soonish, so I hope we can do better than this by then.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll sign up, and can even set up my board to match the game state to give me a better idea of what the fuck is going on!

Pinfeldorf on
    edited August 2010
    Today's been rough, so I'll start up Round One tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry for the delay.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited August 2010
    Round One of Eight

1. TheEveryman (TheEveryman in decline) <---Yer up!
    2. Void Slayer (Void Slayer in decline)
    3. SlickShughes (SlickShughes in decline)
    4. Darian (Darian in decline)
    5. Pinfeldorf (Pinfeldorf in decline)

Current Combos
    Historian Kobolds: 16 Tokens, 0 VP
    Berserk Goblins: 10 Tokens, 0 VP
    Underworld Giants: 11 Tokens, 0 VP
    Commando Ghouls: 9 Tokens, 0 VP
    Bivouacking Skeletons 11 Tokens, 0 VP
    Heroic Gypsies 11 Tokens, 0 VP

Race Summary:
    6. Halflings (6) First conquest may be anywhere. Place a hole-in-the-ground tokens in each of the first two regions conquered. These regions are immune to conquest and/or powers of enemy players.
    7. Humans (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Farmland region.
    11. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active token adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
    12. Tritons (6) Require one less token to conquer coastal regions (this includes regions adjacent to the lake).
    13. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. A region with a lair requires one extra token to conquer. These stay even in decline, but are removed if there are no trolls present in the region.
    18. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
    19. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.
    20. Bullywugs of Lodwilk (6) Require one less token to conquer regions, but other players require one less token to conquer Bullywugs at any region except swamps.
    21. Fairies of SlickShughes (5) All magic regions are considered adjacent. Whenever you conquer a magic region, place a fairy ring token there. A Fairy Ring Token increases the number of tokens required to conquer it by one. Discard a Fairy Ring token when its region is abandoned, conquered or the fairies go into decline.

Special Power Summary:
    5. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
    6. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one token. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
    7. Flying (5) You may conquer any region except water even if they are not adjacent.
    9. Fortified (3) Once per turn, place one Fortress in a region you control (max 1 per region, 6 total). Each fortress token generates one extra point if the race is active and regions with fortress tokens require one more token to conquer (even in decline).
    12. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
    14. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
    15. Seafaring (5) You may conquer and occupy water regions. This lasts even in decline.
    16. Spirit (5) This race does not count for your declined race limit. (Keep this power when in decline)
    21. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
    22. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    23. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    25. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
    27. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

Current Event: None
    Upcoming Event: Blue Genes - Players secretly bid for the right to break up the current combos in order to create a combo of his or her own. The next time this player needs to select a new race, he or she will choose this created combo instead.

Notes: Your bid cannot exceed the amount of victory points you have. A minimum bid of one is required. All bidding will be done via PM.

The Map:
    defaultmap.jpg

NORTHWEST
    A. Drake Sea
    1. Dragon Coast
    2. Witch Marsh
    3. World's End
    11. Windmillia
    14. Warlock Falls
    16. Ent's Harbor
    18. Leyland

NORTHEAST
    4. Northwoods
    5. Ghitu Highlands (1) Lost Tribe
    6. Ghitu Lowlands
    7. Doveland
    8. Secluded Swamp (1) Lost Tribe
    9. Mount Mithril
    10. Iron Spine
    43. Waterwood
    44. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    20. Rivertown
    21. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    23. Burning Steppes
    25. Saint's Pride
    34. Secluded Vale
    35. High Peaks
    36. Misty Vale
    37. Mid Peaks
    38. Southpeak
    B. Rainbow Lake
    C. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    26. Valorock
    28. Deathmaw
    29. Raptor's Nest
    39. Lowlands
    40. Tranquil Expanse
    42. Silver Mist

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited August 2010
    This is what happens when I don't meet the promised ETA: gypsies in round one.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited August 2010
    At least they aren't berserk again.

Darian on
    edited August 2010
    But they are heroic, so they will probably be on the board longer.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    edited August 2010
    They may not be heroic, though, depending on who rearranges the traits, and how they do so.

Pinfeldorf on
    edited August 2010
    I'm pretty sure someone will pick them in Round 1. They're a solid combo.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited August 2010
    At least there are no were-white ladies.

Void Slayer on
    edited August 2010
    Were-white ladies are a trap; surely no one would fall for them again.

Darian on
    edited August 2010
    Already sent The Everyman a PM, so it won't be long before the countdown.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited September 2010
    Round One of Eight

TheEveryman has had to drop due to personal issues.

1. Rorus Raz (Rorus Raz in decline)
    2. Void Slayer (Void Slayer in decline) <---Yer up!

Current Combos
    Historian Kobolds: 16 Tokens, 1 VP
    Berserk Goblins: 10 Tokens, 1 VP
    Bivouacking Skeletons: 11 Tokens, 0 VP
    Heroic Gypsies: 11 Tokens, 0 VP
    Merchant Humans: 7 Tokens, 0 VP

Race Summary:
    21. Fairies of SlickShughes (5) All magic regions are considered adjacent. Whenever you conquer a magic region, place a fairy ring token there. A Fairy Ring Token increases the number of tokens required to conquer it by one. Discard a Fairy Ring token when its region is abandoned, conquered or the fairies go into decline.

Special Power Summary:

Upcoming Event: Blue Genes - Players secretly bid for the right to break up the current combos in order to create a combo of his or her own. The next time this player needs to select a new race, he or she will choose this created combo instead.

Notes: Your bid cannot exceed the amount of victory points you have. A minimum bid of one is required. All bidding will be done via PM.

Rorus Raz
    Took Underworld Giants for 2 VP
    Generated Merchant Humans

Two Tokens: Conquer Region 3 [2/11]
    One Token: Conquer Region 26 (3/11)
    One Token: Conquer Region 11 (4/11)
    Three Tokens: Conquer Region 10 (7/11)
    One Token: Conquer Region 8 (8/11)
    Two Tokens: Conquer Region 9 (10/11)
    One Token: Conquer Region 5 (11/11)

Seven Regions - 2 Races Skipped = 5VP

The Map:
    game61.jpg

NORTHWEST
    A. Drake Sea
    1. Dragon Coast
    2. Witch Marsh
    3. World's End 2 Underworld Giants
    11. Windmillia 1 Underworld Giant
    14. Warlock Falls
    16. Ent's Harbor
    18. Leyland

NORTHEAST
    4. Northwoods
    5. Ghitu Highlands 1 Underworld Giant
    6. Ghitu Lowlands
    7. Doveland
    8. Secluded Swamp 1 Underworld Giant
    9. Mount Mithril 2 Underworld Giants
    10. Iron Spine 3 Underworld Giants
    43. Waterwood
    44. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    20. Rivertown
    21. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    23. Burning Steppes
    25. Saint's Pride
    34. Secluded Vale
    35. High Peaks
    36. Misty Vale
    37. Mid Peaks
    38. Southpeak
    B. Rainbow Lake
    C. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    26. Valorock 1 Underworld Giant
    28. Deathmaw
    29. Raptor's Nest
    39. Lowlands
    40. Tranquil Expanse
    42. Silver Mist

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited September 2010
    Interesting interaction; Underworld makes them adjacent, so then you also get the "attacking an adjacent region from a mountain" bonus from your initial caverns/mountain.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, and it's a cavern, so it gets -2.

Though I admit to double checking my turn three times before posting. Can be a bit confusing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited September 2010
    So, what's up with Leaders? May we buy them, or are they nix?

Pinfeldorf on
    edited September 2010
    We haven't tried leaders in any of these games; I don't own the set, not sure whether or not Rorus does.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    It's a promo set, and it's really nothing special. I think you pay a VP to add an extra token that can be captured by opponents. I don't own it, and reviews were lukewarm. Didn't seem like it added enough to be worth incorporating. Perhaps some other PbP.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited September 2010
    Round One of Eight

Void Slayer: I have turned the race and power list into an HTML list, so just delete the selected race and you don't need to worry about changing the numbers. I found this very convenient in game 4, but if its a problem, I'll change it back on my next turn (it will take a bit of effort).

3. SlickShughes (SlickShughes in decline) <---Yer up!

Current Combos
    Berserk Goblins: 10 Tokens, 1 VP
    Diplomat Elves: 11 tokens, 0 VP

Race Summary:
    3. Halflings (6) First conquest may be anywhere. Place a hole-in-the-ground tokens in each of the first two regions conquered. These regions are immune to conquest and/or powers of enemy players.
    4. Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.
    5. Ratmen (8) Have more tokens than other races!
    6. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active token adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
    7. Tritons (6) Require one less token to conquer coastal regions (this includes regions adjacent to the lake).
    8. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. A region with a lair requires one extra token to conquer. These stay even in decline, but are removed if there are no trolls present in the region.
    9. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.
    10. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
    11. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.
    12. Bullywugs of Lodwilk (6) Require one less token to conquer regions, but other players require one less token to conquer Bullywugs at any region except swamps.
    13. Fairies of SlickShughes (5) All magic regions are considered adjacent. Whenever you conquer a magic region, place a fairy ring token there. A Fairy Ring Token increases the number of tokens required to conquer it by one. Discard a Fairy Ring token when its region is abandoned, conquered or the fairies go into decline.

Special Power Summary:
    2. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one token. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
    3. Flying (5) You may conquer any region except water even if they are not adjacent.
    4. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
    5. Fortified (3) Once per turn, place one Fortress in a region you control (max 1 per region, 6 total). Each fortress token generates one extra point if the race is active and regions with fortress tokens require one more token to conquer (even in decline).
    6. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
    7. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
    8. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
    9. Seafaring (5) You may conquer and occupy water regions. This lasts even in decline.
    10. Spirit (5) This race does not count for your declined race limit. (Keep this power when in decline)
    11. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
    12. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
    13. Wealthy (4) Collect 7 extra coins at the end of your first turn active.
    14. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
    15. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    16. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    17. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
    18. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
    19. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

Rorus Raz

Void Slayer
    Active race: Historian Kobolds (16) Tokens
    Decline race: nope
    Taking Historian Kobolds and a VP, rolling Diplomat Elves
    Conquests:
    38, 3 tokens
    37, 3 tokens
    35, 3 tokens
    34, 2 tokens
    25, 2 tokens
    24, 3 tokens
    No final conquest (kobolds are wimps!)

6 VP (regions) + 1 VP (race selection = 7 VP total

The Map:
    game61.jpg

NORTHWEST
    A. Drake Sea
    1. Dragon Coast
    2. Witch Marsh
    14. Warlock Falls
    16. Ent's Harbor
    18. Leyland

NORTHEAST
    4. Northwoods
    6. Ghitu Lowlands
    7. Doveland
    43. Waterwood
    44. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    20. Rivertown
    21. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    23. Burning Steppes
    24. Falling Leaves (3) Historian Kobolds
    25. Saint's Pride (2) Historian Kobolds
    34. Secluded Vale (2) Historian Kobolds
    35. High Peaks (3) Historian Kobolds
    36. Misty Vale
    37. Mid Peaks (3) Historian Kobolds
    38. Southpeak (3) Historian Kobolds
    B. Rainbow Lake
    C. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    28. Deathmaw
    29. Raptor's Nest
    39. Lowlands
    40. Tranquil Expanse
    42. Silver Mist

Void Slayer on
    edited September 2010
    Well I so wanted those giants, but at least i have doomed us all with diplomat elves. Its actually kind of funny that you could have taken every single underground region this turn with those giants, not a good move but still funny.

Void Slayer on
    edited September 2010
    It might have been, but with Skeletons available I didn't want to be too appealing.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Round One of Eight

Void Slayer: I have turned the race and power list into an HTML list, so just delete the selected race and you don't need to worry about changing the numbers. I found this very convenient in game 4, but if its a problem, I'll change it back on my next turn (it will take a bit of effort).

4. Darian (Darian in decline) <---Yer up!

Current Combos
    Cursed Orcs: 5 tokens, 0 VP

Race Summary:
    3. Halflings (6) First conquest may be anywhere. Place a hole-in-the-ground tokens in each of the first two regions conquered. These regions are immune to conquest and/or powers of enemy players.
    4. Ratmen (8) Have more tokens than other races!
    5. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active token adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
    6. Tritons (6) Require one less token to conquer coastal regions (this includes regions adjacent to the lake).
    7. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. A region with a lair requires one extra token to conquer. These stay even in decline, but are removed if there are no trolls present in the region.
    8. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.
    9. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
    10. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.
    11. Bullywugs of Lodwilk (6) Require one less token to conquer regions, but other players require one less token to conquer Bullywugs at any region except swamps.
    12. Fairies of SlickShughes (5) All magic regions are considered adjacent. Whenever you conquer a magic region, place a fairy ring token there. A Fairy Ring Token increases the number of tokens required to conquer it by one. Discard a Fairy Ring token when its region is abandoned, conquered or the fairies go into decline.

Special Power Summary:
    2. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one token. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
    3. Flying (5) You may conquer any region except water even if they are not adjacent.
    5. Fortified (3) Once per turn, place one Fortress in a region you control (max 1 per region, 6 total). Each fortress token generates one extra point if the race is active and regions with fortress tokens require one more token to conquer (even in decline).
    8. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
    9. Seafaring (5) You may conquer and occupy water regions. This lasts even in decline.
    10. Spirit (5) This race does not count for your declined race limit. (Keep this power when in decline)
    14. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    15. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    16. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
    17. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
    18. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

Rorus Raz

Void Slayer
    Conquests:
    38, 3 tokens
    37, 3 tokens
    35, 3 tokens
    34, 2 tokens
    25, 2 tokens
    24, 3 tokens

SlickShughes
    Taking the Berserk Goblins: 10 Tokens, earn 1 VP
    New Race: Cursed Orcs
    Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
    Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.

Promised myself I wouldn't do this again, I hate berserk rolls in PbP. Oh well, here we go...

Enter at 15 (berserk for 2) for 1 token
    Conquer 13 (berserk for 3) for 1 token
    Conquer 12 (berserk for 3) for 1 token
    Conquer 17 (berserk for 0) (goblin for 1) for 2 tokens
    Conquer 27 (berserk for 2) for 1 token
    Conquer 28 (berserk for 0) for 2 tokens
    Conquer 31 (berserk for 2) for 1 token
    Conquer 41 (berserk for 0) (goblin for 1) for 2 tokens

Earn 1 (race selection) + 8 (regions owned) = 9 Points

The Map:
    game61.jpg

NORTHWEST
    A. Drake Sea
    1. Dragon Coast
    2. Witch Marsh
    12. Westros 1 Berserk Goblins
    13. Rush Valley 1 Berserk Goblins
    14. Warlock Falls
    15. Rolling Flats 1 Berserk Goblins
    16. Ent's Harbor
    17. Swamps of Despair 2 Berserk Goblins
    18. Leyland

NORTHEAST
    4. Northwoods
    6. Ghitu Lowlands
    7. Doveland
    43. Waterwood
    44. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    20. Rivertown
    21. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    23. Burning Steppes
    36. Misty Vale
    B. Rainbow Lake
    C. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    27. Wool Road 1 Berserk Goblins
    28. Deathmaw 2 Berserk Goblins
    29. Raptor's Nest
    31. Quicksilver Forest 1 Berserk Goblins
    39. Lowlands
    40. Tranquil Expanse
    41. Dryad's Retreat 2 Berserk Goblins
    42. Silver Mist

EDIT: Forgot to generate new race, doing so now.
    EDIT again: done.

SlickShughes on
    edited September 2010
    Round One of Eight

5. Pinfeldorf (Pinfeldorf in decline) <---Yer up!

Current Combos
    Cursed Orcs: 5 tokens, 0 VP (three VP to skip)
    Hordes of Halflings: 11 Tokens, 0 VP

Race Summary:
    3. Ratmen (8) Have more tokens than other races!
    4. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active token adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
    5. Tritons (6) Require one less token to conquer coastal regions (this includes regions adjacent to the lake).
    6. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. A region with a lair requires one extra token to conquer. These stay even in decline, but are removed if there are no trolls present in the region.
    7. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.
    8. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
    9. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.
    10. Bullywugs of Lodwilk (6) Require one less token to conquer regions, but other players require one less token to conquer Bullywugs at any region except swamps.
    11. Fairies of SlickShughes (5) All magic regions are considered adjacent. Whenever you conquer a magic region, place a fairy ring token there. A Fairy Ring Token increases the number of tokens required to conquer it by one. Discard a Fairy Ring token when its region is abandoned, conquered or the fairies go into decline.

Special Power Summary:
    14. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    15. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
    16. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
    17. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

Rorus Raz

Void Slayer
    Conquests:
    38, 3 tokens
    37, 3 tokens
    35, 3 tokens
    34, 2 tokens
    25, 2 tokens
    24, 3 tokens

SlickShughes
    Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.

Promised myself I wouldn't do this again, I hate berserk rolls in PbP. Oh well, here we go...

Darian:
    Select Commando Ghouls: 9 Tokens, 0 VP
    Generate new combo: Hordes of Halflings: 11 Tokens
    [*] Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    [*] Halflings (6) First conquest may be anywhere. Place a hole-in-the-ground tokens in each of the first two regions conquered. These regions are immune to conquest and/or powers of enemy players.

Enter at 2 (1)
    Conquer 14 (1)
    Conquer 13 (2), remove a Goblin
    Conquer 11 (2), remove a Giant
    Conquer 15 (2), remove a Goblin
    Conquer 16 (1)

Score 6 VP (regions)

The Map:
    game61.jpg

NORTHWEST
    A. Drake Sea
    1. Dragon Coast
    2. Witch Marsh 1 Commando Ghoul
    11. Windmillia 2 Commando Ghoul
    13. Rush Valley 2 Commando Ghoul
    14. Warlock Falls 1 Commando Ghoul
    15. Rolling Flats 2 Commando Ghoul
    16. Ent's Harbor 1 Commando Ghoul
    18. Leyland

NORTHEAST
    4. Northwoods
    6. Ghitu Lowlands
    7. Doveland
    43. Waterwood
    44. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    20. Rivertown
    21. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    23. Burning Steppes
    36. Misty Vale
    B. Rainbow Lake
    C. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    29. Raptor's Nest
    39. Lowlands
    40. Tranquil Expanse
    42. Silver Mist

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Will take my turn later this evening, sorry if that inconveniences everyone, I'm at work and really need to see the whole board, as-is, to get a better idea of what the fuck I'm doing.

Pinfeldorf on
    edited September 2010
    Not a problem!

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    I need a neutral dude to handle this bid.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited September 2010
    Round One of Eight

1. Rorus Raz (Rorus Raz in decline) <----You're up!

Current Combos
    Cursed Orcs: 5 tokens, 0 VP (three VP to skip)
    Hordes of Halflings: 11 Tokens, 0 VP
    Ransacking Dwarves: 7 Tokens, 0 VP

Race Summary:
    2. Ratmen (8) Have more tokens than other races!
    3. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active token adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
    4. Tritons (6) Require one less token to conquer coastal regions (this includes regions adjacent to the lake).
    5. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. A region with a lair requires one extra token to conquer. These stay even in decline, but are removed if there are no trolls present in the region.
    6. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.
    7. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
    8. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.
    9. Bullywugs of Lodwilk (6) Require one less token to conquer regions, but other players require one less token to conquer Bullywugs at any region except swamps.
    10. Fairies of SlickShughes (5) All magic regions are considered adjacent. Whenever you conquer a magic region, place a fairy ring token there. A Fairy Ring Token increases the number of tokens required to conquer it by one. Discard a Fairy Ring token when its region is abandoned, conquered or the fairies go into decline.

Special Power Summary:
    14. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
    15. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
    16. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.

Rorus Raz

Void Slayer
    Conquests:
    38, 3 tokens
    37, 3 tokens
    35, 3 tokens
    34, 2 tokens
    25, 2 tokens
    24, 3 tokens

SlickShughes

Darian:
    Select Commando Ghouls: 9 Tokens, 0 VP
    Generate new combo: Hordes of Halflings: 11 Tokens
    [*] Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
    [*] Halflings (6) First conquest may be anywhere. Place a hole-in-the-ground tokens in each of the first two regions conquered. These regions are immune to conquest and/or powers of enemy players.

Pinfeldorf:
    Select Bivouacking Skeletons: 11 Tokens, 0 VP
    Generate new combo: Ransacking Dwarves
    [*]Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
    [*]Dwarves (3) Collect 1 extra coin for each mine, even in decline.

Enter at/Conquer 2 (3), killing a ghoul.
    Conquer 14 (3), killing a ghoul.
    Conquer 15 (4), killing a ghoul, one ghoul retreats to 16.
    Attempt to conquer 12 (1) but rolled a 4.

Collect 3 VPs for regions owned (total failure, but I won't retcon my race decision since I fucked up).

The Map:
    game61.jpg

NORTHWEST
    A. Drake Sea
    1. Dragon Coast
    2. Witch Marsh 4 Bivouacking Skeletons and Tent.
    11. Windmillia 2 Commando Ghoul
    13. Rush Valley 2 Commando Ghoul
    14. Warlock Falls 4 Bivouacking Skeletons and 2 Tents.
    15. Rolling Flats 4 Bivouacking Skeletons and 2 Tents.
    16. Ent's Harbor 2 Commando Ghoul
    18. Leyland

NORTHEAST
    4. Northwoods
    6. Ghitu Lowlands
    7. Doveland
    43. Waterwood
    44. White Crag

SOUTHEAST
    20. Rivertown
    21. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
    23. Burning Steppes
    36. Misty Vale
    B. Rainbow Lake
    C. Corner Sea

SOUTHWEST
    29. Raptor's Nest
    39. Lowlands
    40. Tranquil Expanse
    42. Silver Mist

Pinfeldorf on
    edited September 2010
    How are you killing my guys without using more tokens than that? Should be two + the number of tokens in the area you conquer (so two for empty, three for lost tribe or mountain or single token, four for two tokens, etc.).

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    How are you killing my guys without using more tokens than that? Should be two + the number of tokens in the area you conquer (so two for empty, three for lost tribe or mountain or single token, four for two tokens, etc.).

Oh Christ I forgot the rules. I'll redo my turn. I coulda sworn it was just +1 number of cardboard on the territory, but it's 1+x.

Okay, redid my turn. Sorry about the mixup, it's been a long time since I've actually gotten to play this game.

Pinfeldorf on
    edited September 2010
    Not a big deal; you did remember to put the extra skeleton down, I see (might want to include that +1 skeleton for killing in two regions in your turn summary).

Rorus, just PM your bid to admanb and/or Mordenthral, then post that you've done so. Then the rest of us can just PM our bids to you, and they can confirm your bid as needed.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    We bid on our turns right?

Void Slayer on
    edited September 2010
    Nope; the bidding happens right now. Each of us has available the initial 5 VP + whatever we made on our turn. Single silent auction, only the winner pays.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    Minimum bid of 1, by the way.

I'm afraid the new turn will have to wait until tomorrow.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited September 2010
    Not a single bid yet.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited September 2010
    Huh... are you ready to receive bids, then? I hadn't realized.

Darian on