As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dead Man vs Discovery Channel(exploitation movies)

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TLB I love how patriotic you are.

Liiya on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    nobody wants to talk about sigmoid curves with me :(

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    shut up, nerd

we're talking about tits in here

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Framling wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    There was also a report that he felt the Discovery Channel should not be promoting human reproduction, as babies are filthy parasites and are detrimental to the planet

J...Jordyn?

Look, any reasonable person with a firm grasp of the concept of an exponential curve understands this.

thing is, it's not an exponential curve, it's a sigmoid curve, and the population will stabilize at 9 billion whether you have babies or not. The only way it won't is nuclear warfare.

No, no, no, I don't mean population. I mean babies are gross.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oh well yeah

that's undeniable

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Scooter wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    yeah, that's a great way to get people behind your cause, dude

taking hostages

why didn't anyone think of this before?

A recent hostage situation (last week) in Taiwan? I think? Was a police officer taking a busload of civilians hostage because he thought he was wrongfully fired.

His terms were he wanted his old job back.

Nah, somewhere way more inept, Thailand or something. Worst SWAT team ever from what I'd heard.

it was Philippines and the hostages were largely from hong kong

Franko on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am more American than Hulk Hogan and Rocky driving a Hummer painted up like the stars and stripes leading a pack of bald eagles through the walls of the Kremlin

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Faricazy wrote: »
    fari you are fired

HOW RUDE

why are you not clearing out your desk

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Babies are the worst

they can't even talk

KalTorak on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am more American than Hulk Hogan and Rocky driving a Hummer painted up like the stars and stripes leading a pack of bald eagles through the walls of the Kremlin

FUCK YEAH

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I agree with this.

TLB is pretty fuckin 'murican

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    whenever I enter a room this plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wiYdUe36_Q

without fail.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oh well yeah

that's undeniable

Besides, we're surely only a few years away from the Singularity.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    ZionnerZionner Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys =) - I posted in the other thread in Debate + Discussion, but it seemed as though it wasnt going anywhere, so I decided to re-post it here (Sorry if I aint supposed to do so, I'm new around here, If so, I wont do it again!) =) - Heres the post:

I hate it when people take current problems (such as overpopulation) and decide to "fix" them through such methods. Especially the birth control section. Now I have to admit I 'agree' with the fact that something needs to be done about the population growth rate. Perhaps in certian situations it may be better if we were to... play down the significance of having children. Now I am not trying to say that we change all programs on birth in order to disencourage having children, like this guy was, especially since programs on having children can be extremely helpful to couples who have decided to have children.

Which leads me onto my second problem with what he said. "Humans? The planet does not need Humans" - Now, while we really arent needed on the planet, it really bothers me that this would even make a diffrence to him! It's really quite mindblowing that he said this! As (perhaps with one or two exceptions) there is no species currently that stands as a requirement for continued life on this planet... So why point it out? Does that statement mean we as a species shouldnt go on? If so, than surely all other species that aren't "required" for life on the planet must be in the same situation?!

Lastly (and I only just noticed this) - Is he directly demands that people stop breeding! "Find solutions for Global Warming, Automotive pollution, International Trade, factory pollution, and the whole blasted human economy. Find ways so that people don't build more housing pollution which destroys the environment to make way for more human filth! Find solutions so that people stop breeding as well as stopping using Oil in order to REVERSE Global warming and the destruction of the planet! " I'm sorry but just...What?! I really I just... Dont know what to say, I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open at this statement. I cant believe people really believe things are this simple!

Anyway, What do you guys think?

Zionner on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i think ur fat

Franko on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    yeah i think we are all pretty much in the "this guy is a fucking nutso" camp

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oh well yeah

that's undeniable

Quit nerdin' it up, nerds.

we're talking about tatties in here

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Kari Byron's hot, sure. Anyone denying that is a fool of the highest order.

But probably the foxiest TV nerd I can think of has got to be Jessica Corbin, from the ScreenSavers back in the day.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I think, Zionner, it is a case where when someone gets an idea stuck into their head its damn near impossible to get it out or changed out of stubbornness, even if it is a pretty far-fetched idea.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Liiya wrote: »
    I think, Zionner, it is a case where when someone gets an idea stuck into their head its damn near impossible to get it out or changed out of stubbornness, even if it is a pretty far-fetched idea.

INCEPTION

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

INCEPTION

I've not seen that yet, it came out later than in the USA and it was that or Toy Story 3. Tory Story 3 won.

Liiya on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

INCEPTION

http://www.instantinception.com/

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    whenever I enter a room this plays

snip

without fail.

I hear ya man!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oh well yeah

that's undeniable

nah, moore's law will be a sigmoid curve too, and it'll probably flatten out well before the kind of computing power necessary for a singularity type event becomes available

we're just headed for a boring ol' techno dystopia dominated by the surveillance industrial complex

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    oh well yeah

that's undeniable

nah, moore's law will be a sigmoid curve too, and it'll probably flatten out well before the kind of computing power necessary for a singularity type event becomes available

we're just headed for a boring ol' techno dystopia dominated by the surveillance industrial complex

You and your sigmoid curves! You're a sigmoid curve!

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    and then Tossrock was the logistic function.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Zionner wrote: »
    Hey guys =) - I posted in the other thread in Debate + Discussion, but it seemed as though it wasnt going anywhere, so I decided to re-post it here (Sorry if I aint supposed to do so, I'm new around here, If so, I wont do it again!) =) - Heres the post:

I hate it when people take current problems (such as overpopulation) and decide to "fix" them through such methods. Especially the birth control section. Now I have to admit I 'agree' with the fact that something needs to be done about the population growth rate. Perhaps in certian situations it may be better if we were to... play down the significance of having children. Now I am not trying to say that we change all programs on birth in order to disencourage having children, like this guy was, especially since programs on having children can be extremely helpful to couples who have decided to have children.

Which leads me onto my second problem with what he said. "Humans? The planet does not need Humans" - Now, while we really arent needed on the planet, it really bothers me that this would even make a diffrence to him! It's really quite mindblowing that he said this! As (perhaps with one or two exceptions) there is no species currently that stands as a requirement for continued life on this planet... So why point it out? Does that statement mean we as a species shouldnt go on? If so, than surely all other species that aren't "required" for life on the planet must be in the same situation?!

Lastly (and I only just noticed this) - Is he directly demands that people stop breeding! "Find solutions for Global Warming, Automotive pollution, International Trade, factory pollution, and the whole blasted human economy. Find ways so that people don't build more housing pollution which destroys the environment to make way for more human filth! Find solutions so that people stop breeding as well as stopping using Oil in order to REVERSE Global warming and the destruction of the planet! " I'm sorry but just...What?! I really I just... Dont know what to say, I'm sitting here with my mouth wide open at this statement. I cant believe people really believe things are this simple!

All your words are pollution man! You are part of the problem. You and babies. Disgusting babies.

Babies EVERYWHERE!

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    precious global resources

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Machismo wrote: »
    Zionner wrote: »

All your words are pollution man! You are part of the problem. You and babies. Disgusting babies.

Babies EVERYWHERE!

We should all make babies as a show of solidarity.

Just like when french fries became freedom fries. except it is easier to make a baby than yell freedom fries into the loudspeaker at the drive though.

Spacehog on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    there is too much math and not enough beer in this thread

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    alternatively:

dude probably has a real doll that looks like this

29att03.jpg

God damn it.

New fetish.

That is horrifyingly disturbing.

yet still more appealing than Kari " My voice makes men commit suicide" Byron.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ok so what's the bet on what's in the "cannisters?"

my money is on "his own poop" which he intends to take out at some point and show the employees as "proof" that humans are disgusting and need to die

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    SpacehogSpacehog Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    ok so what's the bet on what's in the "cannisters?"

my money is on "his own poop" which he intends to take out at some point and show the employees as "proof" that humans are disgusting and need to die

baby food and breast milk.

or rusty nails and marbles.

Spacehog on
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Spacehog wrote: »

Babies EVERYWHERE!

We should all make babies as a show of solidarity.

Just like when french fries became freedom fries. except it is easier to make a baby than yell freedom fries into the loudspeaker at the drive though.

Well, look at where you make that statement. We aren't exactly the pinacles of the species.
    [SIZE="-20"]everyone except me, that is.[/SIZE]

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LordaenLordaen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Squirrels in the canisters.

I'd also like you folks to know that this is an incredible thread. Well done.

Lordaen on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Three hostages were rescued from the headquarters of the Discovery Channel in Silver Spring, Maryland, Wednesday afternoon after police shot the man who was holding them, Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger told reporters Wednesday.

"The suspect is in custody," he said. Manger said he had no information about the suspect's condition.

A device being carried by the man emitted smoke after the man was shot, Manger said.

"The device appeared to go off," he said. "We haven't confirmed that as of this time. We saw some smoke, may have heard a pop."

A number of other devices in backpacks believed to belong to the man have to be rendered safe, he added. It was unclear whether the devices were explosive, he added.

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    aww I was wrong about the cannisters

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hooray nobody was blown up.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    score one more victory for man

fuck squirrels

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    aw man , its over already?

Franko on