As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SEGA Community Event @ PAX 2010 - Thanks to all PAX Attendees! We had fun!

2»

• Yue FairchildYue Fairchild The Ace of Hz Philadelpha, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Coming for sure! I'm playing Ecco 1 and 2 on the plane trip to PAX, maybe I should bring them?

Yue Fairchild on
  • SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    dude... i totally want that sweater dealy!

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • BelgandBelgand Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ahhh! This looks like fun, but I don't want to miss the concert that night. Well, I desperately want to miss Frontalot so I might stop by if it looks like I actually stand a chance of getting in for JoCo.

They really need to stop making the concerts good or only have one night of concerts so we actually have some free time during the weekend to do these sorts of things.

Belgand on
  • trickycooljtrickycoolj Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I miss my Dreamcast(s). The first one I had about 8 years ago broke after the legendary Night of 200 Fights wherein we played two-hundred matches of Soul Caliber. We wanted to see what would happen when the fight counter hit 100. Turns out it just rolled back to 1. After we discovered that, we decided to do it again. Dreamcast stopped playing the game after that and about 2 weeks later stopped playing anything.

Wow... I thought my friend and I were the only ones that did that one faithful day off from high school. He hated the fact that I could always beat him with Sung-Mina over and over again with one move, so we turned it on infinite to see how long it would go, or how long he could stand getting beaten by a girl. I think we had around 75 wins each.

trickycoolj on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My holy grail is a Sega Nomad. I've always wanted one.

The_Reflection on
  • StarDancinStarDancin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sega has given me many fond memories of my childhood. I"ll see if I remember about this event on Saturday-hopefully I'll make it over.

StarDancin on
  • Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Look how long it took the internet to mature to a point where online console gaming is now commonplace. Those devices were in a way, ahead of their time.

Sega was always far and away ahead of their time. The Activator? "Motion" control a step up from the power glove (haha). The Nomad? You mean I don't need to buy the same game over again to play it portable? Sega Channel? Like 50+ changing games a month for $15/m. It makes me sad Nintendo cannibalized Sega...But I suppose it's fitting and they still live on in Publishing and Development,

Bladed Cicada on
  • ClumsyorchidClumsyorchid Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok, so small update to our event - I've posted a blog on a few of the packages we'll have to pass out in our raffle. We have some really nice stuff here:

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/09/01/sega-pax2010-swag-update-part-1/

Here's a preview, featuring one of my favorite prizes which is easily one of the hardest to see go (it's awesome):

The Bayonetta pack, which features a life size replica gun, weighted perfectly, and expertly modeled after her in game pistols - here's an image:

4927272547_c0a21d27fa_z.jpg

Click into the blog for the full descriptions, we'll have more on the way tomorrow leading into the PAX event on Friday.

Clumsyorchid on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
  • cove_kidcove_kid Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can honestly say this will be the event I am most excited for this weekend. I'm hoping to get there before the doors open to ensure that I can get it since its limited capacity.

Would be awesome to win something in the giveaways.

cove_kid on
    PAX East 2010 Omeganaut
    Team 16: Guitarist for The Clap Trap
  • AtomicGaryBuseyAtomicGaryBusey I put on my robe and wizard hat. Beautiful Lynnhood, Wash.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh sweet monkey Jesus. I was depressed that there was going to be a lack of party @ GameWorks what with Turbine no longer throwing them, then Sega comes along and infuses a 1,000 ton dose of awesome into the biggest event of my year.

GO SEGA!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

AtomicGaryBusey on
    fss_overall.png
  • ShiinaBatShiinaBat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh god, you guys are giving away one of the Scarborough Fair guns? I desire it so badly! D:

I'll have to be sure to get there early, so I can attend for sure.

ShiinaBat on
    zqKoGoV.png
    edited September 2010
    ShiinaBat wrote: »
    Oh god, you guys are giving away one of the Scarborough Fair guns? I desire it so badly! D:

You have no idea how sad and happy I am to see this go - it's a true gem.
    Oh sweet monkey Jesus. I was depressed that there was going to be a lack of party @ GameWorks what with Turbine no longer throwing them, then Sega comes along and infuses a 1,000 ton dose of awesome into the biggest event of my year.

GO SEGA!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

This is beautiful - so beautiful that I'm going to print it out and put it on our wall. Thank you, sir!

Clumsyorchid on
    edited September 2010

You have no idea how sad and happy I am to see this go - it's a true gem.

Yes, they're absolutely gorgeous~

It's too bad that the Climax Edition was only released in Australia and New Zealand. I was considering importing one, but $150+ CAD AND shipping on top of that is a little too steep. D:

ShiinaBat on
    zqKoGoV.png
    edited September 2010
    It's too bad that the Climax Edition was only released in Australia and New Zealand. I was considering importing one, but $150+ CAD AND shipping on top of that is a little too steep. D:

Not sure if this is an aside, but to clarify, the Climax Edition gun is vastly inferior to this version that we're giving away. This is an prop gun, created in a very small batch - maybe 10 to 15 total exist. This is life sized, nearly a foot long and very heavy, as you'd expect :).

It's awesome!

/edit - here's a picture we did with the replica gun and the Climax Edition gun (the smaller one) - Sorry for the mess, we're in the middle of swapping some cubes around in the office:

4949379399_91a766ab3b_z.jpg

Clumsyorchid on
    edited September 2010

Not sure if this is an aside, but to clarify, the Climax Edition gun is vastly inferior to this version that we're giving away. This is an prop gun, created in a very small batch - maybe 10 to 15 total exist. This is life sized, nearly a foot long and very heavy, as you'd expect :).

It's awesome!

/edit - here's a picture we did with the replica gun and the Climax Edition gun (the smaller one) - Sorry for the mess, we're in the middle of swapping some cubes around in the office:

<image was here~>

Oh wow, I didn't even consider that it wasn't a Climax Edition gun. You're correct, this one appears to be far superior to the Climax version. Thank you very much for the picture and clarification!

ShiinaBat on
    zqKoGoV.png
    edited September 2010
    Happy to, there was no better way than to show you!

Clumsyorchid on
    edited September 2010
    Please have more Sega events outside of PAX forever??? It would be ever so swell. (to clarify, at games works/ in seattle. K, Thnx.)

Bladed Cicada on
    edited September 2010
    Gah, I wish we could! This our first event of this type for the community team here, we would love to do more, but we'll probably mix it up a bit.

Clumsyorchid on
  • LordDHMDLordDHMD Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have a concern. I am at gameworks currently and they are saying the sega event is closed to the public. Maybe that is because I am asking the bartender? Any clarification on a guest list?

LordDHMD on
    edited September 2010
    LordDHMD wrote: »
    I have a concern. I am at gameworks currently and they are saying the sega event is closed to the public. Maybe that is because I am asking the bartender? Any clarification on a guest list?

From 8pm on it's open to the public. We'll have some early access in the beginning which does have a guest list, which might be where the confusion lies.

8pm to 1am is 100% free and open to the public - until we run out of space!

Clumsyorchid on
  • strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hot damn. I needs me some Scarborough Fair.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ok, so small update to our event - I've posted a blog on a few of the packages we'll have to pass out in our raffle. We have some really nice stuff here:

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/09/01/sega-pax2010-swag-update-part-1/

Here's a preview, featuring one of my favorite prizes which is easily one of the hardest to see go (it's awesome):

The Bayonetta pack, which features a life size replica gun, weighted perfectly, and expertly modeled after her in game pistols - here's an image:
    4927272547_c0a21d27fa_z.jpg

Click into the blog for the full descriptions, we'll have more on the way tomorrow leading into the PAX event on Friday.

:-O Holy Prizegasm Batman, that's insanely epic. Whoever wins that is gonna go nuts, I just hope I get my hands on one of those sweatshirts! Must Have!

Teknotronic on
    edited September 2010
    Gah, I wish we could! This our first event of this type for the community team here, we would love to do more, but we'll probably mix it up a bit.

Well if there's anyway to drum up support for this count me in! 8-)

Bladed Cicada on
    edited September 2010
    Come out to the event to support us and have fun! That's the main goal at the moment :) - Also, drop by the booth and say hi, we'll have the whole community team at the show.

Clumsyorchid on
    edited September 2010
    http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/09/02/sega-pax2010-–-swag-update-–-part-2/

New blog with more prizes - posting on the phone so you'll have to click in for the pictures - here's a snapshot:

Sonic Swag Packs
    SEGA Saturn Pack
    And a Dreamcast pack complete with a Yu Suzuki signed Shenmue!

Epic

Clumsyorchid on
  • ElektroDragonElektroDragon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My first console that turned me into a gamer was the Sega Master System, and I love Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing! My wife was a huge Genesis fan! You better let us in! :)

ElektroDragon on
  • KaneKane Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    WTF? Came by at 10:30 and they were turning away anyone without a wrist-band. Did not get in. :(

Kane on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thank you so much for the BEST PAX party I have ever been to.

The_Reflection on
  • cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    gotta give big ups to SEGA for throwing one of the best PAX parties i've been to!!! my friends and i got in line at 7PM and was really debating if it was worth it but once we got in it was more than i expected, free play for two hours, free food and 2 free drink tickets (4 since my bro doesn't drink, score!) and being able to hang out with fellow PAXers was awesome!

i was hoping to win anything in the raffle as the sweater was pretty awesome but no luck :( then i saw on late sunday they were throwing some into the crowd but i couldn't nab one either, being short sucks

anyways, one the best part of the party was playing the UFO Disney catcher game. hearing the heartbreak of seeing that damn toy slip from the claw and the cheers of victory of getting one was great. i was watching this guy from NY (unfortunately i don't remember his name) use all his credits and not get anything for his efforts. i stepped up and on my first try got a mickey and a pluto, needless to say the reaction was great with high fives all around. i offered one of them to the guy as his previous attempts cleared the way and made it easier for myself to win. it was great moment, and we exchanged victory hugs haha.

cedelacruz on
    edited September 2010
    Ok, updates are in order - big, huge, gigantic THANK YOU to every PAX attendee that visited our booth and attended our event on Saturday. We had a ton of fun in Seattle on the floor and a ton of fun on Saturday meeting SEGA fans from all across the country.

We posted a blog yesterday with photos from the event and the show, take a look and post any photos you have of your own.

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2010/09/09/sega-pax-2010/

Clumsyorchid on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks again, Clumsyorchid and SEGA for a fantastic party!!!! We all had a great time!

I got my most favorite PAX swag from that night (Tails plushie; the game is mine!)

Even though I was *one freaking number away* on the first draw of the prize lottery! Dangit!

MetaverseNomad on
  • adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks again, Clumsyorchid and SEGA for a fantastic party!!!! We all had a great time!

I got my most favorite PAX swag from that night (Tails plushie; the game is mine!)

Even though I was *one freaking number away* on the first draw of the prize lottery! Dangit!

Yeah I was one number away myself. 883 instead of 884. I think it was dreamcast package.

Think my best thing out of that night was the Sega hoodie and my clacking teeth toy from the reward booth. :)

adester on
  • createacatcreateacat CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    When will the prize packages that were won going to be sent out?

createacat on
    https://twitter.com/createacat1
    PAX Prime Attendee: '10, '11, '12, '13 / PAX East Attendee: / PAX Aus Attendee:

My Digital Pin Lanyard
This discussion has been closed.