As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cake vs. Pie! [Mini Phalla] -Game Over! Serial Killer Victory, I guess Mafia wins too

15678911»

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My Internet died yesterday like 20 minutes before the vote close or so for a while, otherwise I would have been here to check and change my orders :(.
    Darian wrote: »
    So... kime tried to convert a SK day one, and then a mafia day 2? Nice aim!

I have a gift!

Edit: And oh yeah, roman, your cover kind of fizzled the last couple days. Good effort though :P. I just still thought you'd be too worried about the mafia, 'cause I still thought they were the dominant power. Nor did I think there were two of you in a faction. But next time

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Megatin wrote: »
    Ummm...usually someone has to survive from that faction to win. I suppose that if you think about it that way, both Cake and Pie fulfilled their secondary conditions. :P

Well, CapFalcon was alive. He wouldn't have survived today, but he was alive with all his victory conditions fulfilled. Either way, though, I lose :)

He would have died tomorrow, and Day 5 would have been really dumb, so I decided to let the carnage end today. I thought my post was pretty clear about what was going on. Poor Lemonbar, all alone in the corner.

but our win condition didn't mention killing or outnumbering the SKs.

Dunadan019 on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    First time running a Phalla guys, so let me know what I did wrong, besides all the busdrivers.

From my perspective, we (SKs) should of gotten cover roles, rather than one of us a guard, the other a vig, it should of alternated who did what each night, to make us not pretty much screwed as soon as the vig died.

From a game perspective, i think you tried too hard to give everyone something to do (which is important). Perhaps you could have given some people even/odd day abilities rather than have a mess of too many specials.

That's good, I like even/odd day powers. I mainly did that because I hate being a vanillager.

I had a hard time deciding how to give you guys cover roles in a faction game, and it was only today that I figured it out. Next time for sure...

You should of just told us of a pie/cake that wasn't in the game...Thats the only reason i made this junk up because if i'd picked something already in the game, i'd be insta-exposed.
    Megatin wrote:
    Megatin wrote:
    So, your post absolutely reeks of you being mafia and you'll eat the vote tonight.

Nothing could be more pleasing for me (the mafia part, you dieing is irrelevant), as you see, i'm in a pretty shitty scenario, which i'm going to bitch the host out for come post game, still trying to make the best of it.

I'm a gingerbread man, and a vengeful one at that. I fit into no categories and am pissed at the cookies for excluding me (go figure).

I know that there are two serial killer cookies and i need to survive to see them die and then leave the game victorious. Why one of their kills looked like it was done by ice-cream i dunno.

The catch: I don't have a kill, only a nightly seer for cookie crumbs. So like, i guess i have to make friends and hope they'll kill them for me.

At the moment i know Rawkking Goodguy is not a cookie, but that's about it.

Anyway, at the moment i'm not looking for anything other than to not die from you guys.

Should one of your teammates want to get in touch with me after your death, the password Cookie Monster will suffice.

Cheers.

Bad news for you: your mafiadar is broken. I have no known teammates since, as I said, cake started out unmasoned.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

God damn it daniant and this bullshit role.

errr...sorry about that, good luck anyway, i'd take my vote off you but in the chance that you are mafia i dont wanna be an easy wagon target. Also, it wouldn't really matter anyway, you're going to eat the vote anyway i'd start planning for that now, and have some fun with it or try and mason your team etc.

Yeah, we'll see what I can manage. I figure even if the vote doesn't get me the mafia will, since I'm a seer.

romanqwerty on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    First time running a Phalla guys, so let me know what I did wrong, besides all the busdrivers.

The busdrivers were fine, but I busdrove myself with Lucedes day 1 as well! If the kills got split into two by busdrivers, shouldn't the seers have been split as well? :P

I think you took the right approach in giving the mafia and serial killer abilities, with their sizes and with *everybody* having an ability it was practically a necessity.

Only other thing is whether the mafia/SKs got cover roles. Duny's rhubarb pie was pretty good if he made that up, unfortunately for him I was already in contact with kime :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, for a village this powerful, a three person mafia is pretty small.

Capfalcon on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

The busdrivers were fine, but I busdrove myself with Lucedes day 1 as well! If the kills got split into two by busdrivers, shouldn't the seers have been split as well? :P

I think you took the right approach in giving the mafia and serial killer abilities, with their sizes and with *everybody* having an ability it was practically a necessity.

Only other thing is whether the mafia/SKs got cover roles. Duny's rhubarb pie was pretty good if he made that up, unfortunately for him I was already in contact with kime :P

Right, but I busdrove as well. That's why it got split.

Capfalcon on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Duna is technically right.

Mafia and SKs tie! Kinda!

daniant on
    edited September 2010

From my perspective, we (SKs) should of gotten cover roles, rather than one of us a guard, the other a vig, it should of alternated who did what each night, to make us not pretty much screwed as soon as the vig died.

From a game perspective, i think you tried too hard to give everyone something to do (which is important). Perhaps you could have given some people even/odd day abilities rather than have a mess of too many specials.

That's good, I like even/odd day powers. I mainly did that because I hate being a vanillager.

I had a hard time deciding how to give you guys cover roles in a faction game, and it was only today that I figured it out. Next time for sure...

You should of just told us of a pie/cake that wasn't in the game...Thats the only reason i made this junk up because if i'd picked something already in the game, i'd be insta-exposed.
    Megatin wrote:
    Megatin wrote:
    So, your post absolutely reeks of you being mafia and you'll eat the vote tonight.

Nothing could be more pleasing for me (the mafia part, you dieing is irrelevant), as you see, i'm in a pretty shitty scenario, which i'm going to bitch the host out for come post game, still trying to make the best of it.

I'm a gingerbread man, and a vengeful one at that. I fit into no categories and am pissed at the cookies for excluding me (go figure).

I know that there are two serial killer cookies and i need to survive to see them die and then leave the game victorious. Why one of their kills looked like it was done by ice-cream i dunno.

The catch: I don't have a kill, only a nightly seer for cookie crumbs. So like, i guess i have to make friends and hope they'll kill them for me.

At the moment i know Rawkking Goodguy is not a cookie, but that's about it.

Anyway, at the moment i'm not looking for anything other than to not die from you guys.

Should one of your teammates want to get in touch with me after your death, the password Cookie Monster will suffice.

Cheers.

Bad news for you: your mafiadar is broken. I have no known teammates since, as I said, cake started out unmasoned.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

God damn it daniant and this bullshit role.

errr...sorry about that, good luck anyway, i'd take my vote off you but in the chance that you are mafia i dont wanna be an easy wagon target. Also, it wouldn't really matter anyway, you're going to eat the vote anyway i'd start planning for that now, and have some fun with it or try and mason your team etc.

Yeah, we'll see what I can manage. I figure even if the vote doesn't get me the mafia will, since I'm a seer.
    daniant wrote:
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    daniant wrote:
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    Dunadan019 wrote:
    daniant wrote:
    Name: Cheescake
    Faction: Mafia
    Role: Vig
    Primary Victory Condition: Kill or outnumber Cake and Pie!

Posing as Cake or Pie, you really don’t fit in either category. But you are delicious. Each day, you may choose one player to kill. In addition, the mafia has one group vig daily. You are masoned with Brownie (Ebfan) and Lemon Bar (Capfalcon).

Kill Romanqwerty

what happened to my kill?

There must have been a guard or a roleblock. :P

Can we get some cover roles?

Ask and ye shall receive. Angel Food Cake, Rhubarb Pie, Custard Pie, Carrot Cake are not taken.

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, like I said. I didn't get the cover role thing until today. My bad. Sorry.

Gingerbread is pretty creative though.

daniant on
    edited September 2010

woot!

the best kind of correct!

Dunadan019 on
  • MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I see how it is, ignore me and listen to duna, fine :-p

Megatin on
    edited September 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Ask and ye shall receive. Angel Food Cake, Rhubarb Pie, Custard Pie, Carrot Cake are not taken.

I was wondering how the hell you got that list...

Oh, and Mafia Proboard, Confections of Chaos!

Capfalcon on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Basically, that whole Megatin ruse, was a...

huge component of why we lost

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited September 2010
    I read that 20% Mafia is normal. Unfortunately, I took that as 20% of the village, not 20% of the total amount of players.

daniant on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

woot!

the best kind of correct!

I claim moral victory!

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited September 2010

everything about the busdriver actions was true.....

I was just hoping that the pie player who was a busdriver got killed already......

I should have gone with the roleblock but the busdriver was just a more convincing story.

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2010
    oh and Daniant, can you add the mafia to the title?

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2010
    Spoit wrote: »

Yes, it was very hard to recover from that. But oh well, Farangu just gets a grudge for next time :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited September 2010

I think the biggest component of why the village lost was inactive guards, personally. Take a look at the spreadsheet.

This has really helped me learn how to play in a faction game. It was so obvious to me the clues people were giving day 1 about what faction they belonged too (and who wasn't doing that). I loved running this game guys, thanks for playing!

daniant on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yeah; village idiots don't have the village's interests at heart, though. He was doing fine playing to his own win condition.

Darian on
    edited September 2010
    kime wrote: »

Yes, it was very hard to recover from that. But oh well, Farangu just gets a grudge for next time :P.

killing almost all the vigs and seers on day 1 and 2 was pretty good....

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2010

Oh I'm not saying it was the only component :lol:, you guys did well too.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Was there anything else I could've done to convince you all that he was lying, or was I pretty much screwed regardless?

Megatin on
    edited September 2010
    Was there anything else I could've done to convince you all that he was lying, or was I pretty much screwed regardless?

there are ways......

you probably still would have died though.

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2010

there are ways......

Yeah, there's really no set strategy for getting out of that. When you get called out as someone saying you were seered as mafia, it's hard to stay alive.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited September 2010

Oh I'm not saying it was the only component :lol:, you guys did well too.

we only killed 6 people all game long, alot of it was just luck in this case.

I can see us having lost pretty quickly.

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2010

there are ways......

Yeah, there's really no set strategy for getting out of that. When you get called out as someone saying you were seered as mafia, it's hard to stay alive.

however, every action has it's consequence. people are now less likely to believe Farangu in the next games.

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2010
    I gotta say, It would have been funny if farangu had accidently picked a mafia member for his gambit.

he would be a VI stuck as a network head.

Dunadan019 on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I totally panicked about that for the whole day.

Turns out I accidentally picked what would have been a critical part of the network.

Whoops!

Farangu on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So who was the silly goose that vigged me Day 1? Because yes, you caused us both to lose by doing that.

The Anonymous on
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well i killed the wedding cake, and yes I was the cake vig :(

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    A faction of Serial Killers?

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • CrumbleCrumble Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well i killed the wedding cake, and yes I was the cake vig :(

Well, grudged I suppose. :)

Crumble on
    edited September 2010
    Daius wrote: »
    A faction of Serial Killers?

Isn't that a contradiction in terms?
    Yeah, it's more like a second mafia faction, really.

Edit: Which was already discussed in the sign-up thread, woops.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited September 2010
    if you want, you can think about a SK as a standalone mafia anyway so making it a mason pair is fine especially for bigger games, I did it in ghostbusters so it isn't exactly new.

with the mafia being undersized and the SK being oversized, it pretty much was a wash.

Dunadan019 on
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yea, for a 22 player game, masoned SK's(essentially a second mafia) AND a village idiot kinda made it hard for the village to get anything done, I think.

Farangu on
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the info guys. I didn't realize 10% SK was too many.

And I just love Village Idiots for some reason.

daniant on
  • DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Demurist did not guard for the last two nights. :(

Well on Tuesday, I straight up forgot. :P

Last night, I remember typing up the PM, but I guess I forgot to send it.

P.S. Sorry for not trusting you kime... :mrgreen:

Demurist on
    sig.jpg