As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Lair of the Shadow Broker rules and you should buy it

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    renegade soldiershep lost his eyebrows on virmire.

ever since, he's been angry at the universe.
    6070MassEffect2-2010-09-01-03-04-25-14.png

where did you get the beret?

sorry for the late reply

i did a google search for mass effect 2 head morphs, i'd heard some stuff about them

this was very helpful

http://www.onthexbox.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106717&postcount=1024

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    the official forums said LotSB can be done before the suicide mission, but the dialogue is weighted towards post-suicide mission

How will that work exactly? Will the installation of the DLC alter the scene you get with Liara after helping her out with her two Illium side-quests or what?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    0007fullglasses.jpg
    Deal wit'it

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Maybe if you complete her quest you can run Lair of the Shadow Broker or something? It's all speculation at this point.

Unrelated: soooo glad summer session classes will be over by the time the DLC drops, so I can set at my computer stabbing the F5 button until it's released and then play myself sick. No need to waste time in class when I could be playing some Mass Effect!

PS, 5 week quarters are haaaard after 16 week semesters O_o

edit:
    0007fullglasses.jpg
    Deal wit'it

Those are quite possibly the ugliest glasses I have ever seen.

Orca on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    My money is on the SB being someone we don't know.

Or barla von

For some reason, I have a strong impression that the Shadow Broker will be Liara's "father". She's a pureblood, meaning Matriarch Benezia melded with a fellow asari to produce Liara, which is frowned upon in their society. Liara's stated that she never knew her "father". I figure the Shadow Broker has to be an asari or something else that's extremely long-lived, because only members of those races would really know how to lay out long plans -- and they have long memories. Also, asari children get traits from both their parents, and we've now learned that Liara takes to information brokering like a duck to water.

Anyway, that's my guess.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Also, asari children get traits from both their parents, and we've now learned that Liara takes to information brokering like a duck to water.

This is a good guess. It was really interesting playing ME2 and seeing how ruthless Liara was on Nos Astra. It would be an intriguing twist.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well you see the world of intrigue isn't that different from a dig site

does the analogy make any sense? No. That's why Liara's the master of intrigue.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Or barla von

For some reason, I have a strong impression that the Shadow Broker will be Liara's "father". She's a pureblood, meaning Matriarch Benezia melded with a fellow asari to produce Liara, which is frowned upon in their society. Liara's stated that she never knew her "father". I figure the Shadow Broker has to be an asari or something else that's extremely long-lived, because only members of those races would really know how to lay out long plans -- and they have long memories. Also, asari children get traits from both their parents, and we've now learned that Liara takes to information brokering like a duck to water.

Anyway, that's my guess.

wrTQt.jpg

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dashui wrote: »

Or barla von

Anyway, that's my guess.

wrTQt.jpg
    imagesthis-2dlooks-2dshopped_thumbn.jpg

Emporium on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Win.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know what you're implying there, Emporium. That's totally a leaked screenshot from Lair of the Shadow Broker. Star Wars and Mass Effect crossover confirmed.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    Maybe if you complete her quest you can run Lair of the Shadow Broker or something? It's all speculation at this point.

Unrelated: soooo glad summer session classes will be over by the time the DLC drops, so I can set at my computer stabbing the F5 button until it's released and then play myself sick. No need to waste time in class when I could be playing some Mass Effect!

PS, 5 week quarters are haaaard after 16 week semesters O_o

edit:
    0007fullglasses.jpg
    Deal wit'it

Those are quite possibly the ugliest glasses I have ever seen.

you they're ugly?
    tobad
    0007fullglasses.jpg
    Deal wit'it

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    ImperiusVImperiusV Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Damn it, Buttcleft, you're a loose cannon! The 80's are over!

By the way, did my code for that armor and weapon work? How are they?

ImperiusV on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ImperiusV wrote: »
    Damn it, Buttcleft, you're a loose cannon! The 80's are over!

By the way, did my code for that armor and weapon work? How are they?

they worked, havnt used them yet i had to uninstall me2 to keep it from sucking up all my time

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Shepard looks blind

of course with the revenant, that doesn't matter

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The Revenant. Why use anything else?

Orca on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    the revenant on the collector ship was actually pried from the dead hands of a crippled blind child, who accidentally got her crutch stuck in the trigger and murdered over one thousand collectors before her colony was abducted

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The Locust is the gun that killed two presidents.

The Revenant killed two species.

Orca on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    -Tal wrote: »
    the revenant on the collector ship was actually pried from the dead hands of a crippled blind child, who accidentally got her crutch stuck in the trigger and murdered over one thousand collectors before her colony was abducted

I heard "crotch" in my head and had to double back.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    PopesnaxPopesnax Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The Mattock is better.

Popesnax on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know. I like both.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Popesnax wrote: »
    The Mattock is better.

The matlock is a gun for invalids and old people.

Juc on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I just read Retribution. Illusive Man: still a dick.
    At the end, when he thought he needed to smooth things over with Aria, I thought he was going to offer her daughter's killer, which seemed an otherwise pretty pointless kill, but apparently having unlimited money is pretty good too. At least this means we might be able to fight Kai Leng in DLC or ME3, N7-a-N7.

Was that power Grayson used on Anderson supposed to be reave?

Also that little conversation towards the end is making the reapers sound like religious zealots, which I hope is a ruse.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Grayson?
    grayson.jpg

Auberon on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, I just read Retribution. Illusive Man: still a dick.
    At the end, when he thought he needed to smooth things over with Aria, I thought he was going to offer her daughter's killer, which seemed an otherwise pretty pointless kill, but apparently having unlimited money is pretty good too. At least this means we might be able to fight Kai Leng in DLC or ME3, N7-a-N7.

Was that power Grayson used on Anderson supposed to be reave?

Also that little conversation towards the end is making the reapers sound like religious zealots, which I hope is a ruse.

i think it was supposed to be warp. sounded like a warp from the description.

soldier insanity update: this is easier than my infiltrator on normal. :\

i've died a few times doing silly silly things, but on the whole this is easy mode. slow-mo has its appeal, but i miss....i dunno, challenge? hopefully horizon will bring back some of the madness.

at least with a sentinel you still knew your enemies could kill you. adrenaline rush is like pause, fill target with mattock shots, unpause.

combine that with incendiary ammo and i'm just racing through missions. this will probably be my shortest playthrough.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    if SB is liara's dad, i'll have killed both her parents and she will love me for it

Nuzak on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nuzak wrote: »
    if SB is liara's dad, i'll have killed both her parents and she will love me for it

Wouldn't her DAD be kind of a bigger deal than her mother?

C2B on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    C2B wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »

Wouldn't her DAD be kind of a bigger deal than her mother?

You mean her other mother? :winky:

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Stupid Adept on Insanity!

Well, not stupid. Singularity still rocks, even with defenses. Anything that can lock a krogan in place long enough for me to murder it is a-okay in my book.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Or barla von

Imagine if it turns out barla von is in fact, Liaras dad..

Oh the references to darth vader that could abound... not only that but the voice, with the breathing..

Please bioware, let barla von not only be the shadow broker but also Liaras pop.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    SurfaceBeneathSurfaceBeneath regular
    edited September 2010
    GrimReaper wrote: »

Or barla von

Imagine if it turns out barla von is in fact, Liaras dad..

Oh the references to darth vader that could abound... not only that but the voice, with the breathing..

Please bioware, let barla von not only be the shadow broker but also Liaras pop.

Now this is a retcon I can get behind!

SurfaceBeneath on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Auberon wrote: »
    Grayson?
    grayson.jpg

Grayson?
    robin.jpg

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    LeinnaLeinna Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Liara's other parent was an Asari.

That's why she's a filthy pureblood! :P

Leinna on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ...Don't really know where this Liara's dad thing came from. But man does it sound lame.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If it's anyone we've seen before, it's going to be the Consort.

I can't be the only one who noticed how hurried and almost cautious the Consorts e-mail sounded.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    NeliNeli Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It is Shepard

Shepard is the shadow broker. Mental illness is involved

dun dun dun dun

Neli on
    vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    soldier insanity update: this is easier than my infiltrator on normal. :\

i've died a few times doing silly silly things, but on the whole this is easy mode. slow-mo has its appeal, but i miss....i dunno, challenge? hopefully horizon will bring back some of the madness.

at least with a sentinel you still knew your enemies could kill you. adrenaline rush is like pause, fill target with mattock shots, unpause.

combine that with incendiary ammo and i'm just racing through missions. this will probably be my shortest playthrough.

If you're looking for a challenge, Soldier isn't going to give it to you. It's fun to fill stuff full of bullets, but it's even easier than Adept. You can pretty much steamroll everything.

Orca on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Neli wrote: »
    It is Shepard

dun dun dun dun

Oh no, he can't be. I already roleplayed him as the man behind the illusive man in my playthrough.

But, to contribute something: It's most probable one of the council members. (human or alien depending on your choice in ME1)

C2B on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It is Shepard

dun dun dun dun

Oh no, he can't be. I already roleplayed him as the man behind the illusive man in my playthrough.

But, to contribute something: It's most probable one of the council members. (human or alien depending on your choice in ME1)

It can't be one of the Council Members. The Shadow Broker was doing his thing before the events of ME1, and if it was a Council Member he would potentially be dead in the second game.

Which rather contradicts a lot of stuff.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    It is Shepard

dun dun dun dun

It can't be one of the Council Members. The Shadow Broker was doing his thing before the events of ME1, and if it was a Council Member he would potentially be dead in the second game.

Which rather contradicts a lot of stuff.

Maybe it is shifting. Going back to that the shadow broker is a necessary evil. Maybe it's a position that is shifting through an outside force that upholds the title who approach those with political power. So, maybe a member of the new human council has now the role of the "Shadow Broker".

C2B on