As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Pre-PAX Dinner 2010 Thread - *Food Registration - CLOSED*

1789101113»

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did someone say Brawndo?! Cause I could use some of what plants crave!

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I recently found out that I may be a little late to this, how late could I theoretically show up before it's a pain in the butt for people?

(I need to pick something fairly important up at 5 at the grand hyatt)

Juc on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It won't be a pain in the butt at any point. :) Food may be a little cold depending how late you really are, but if your name isn't crossed off on the list, you'll get your food pass. :)

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I may not have access to my hotel room to shave and change before 4:00pm, so I anticipate not rolling in till 5:30 or later.

I just hope they're still be some of Coldbrew's Brawndo left. It's got electrolytes.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    edited September 2010
    Considering the dinner doesn't start until 5:00pm, you should be fine. :)

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited September 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »
    Considering the dinner doesn't start until 5:00pm, you should be fine. :)

Ah, for some reason (probably the fact I just got up 15 minutes ago) I was thinking 4.

Carry on then. :D

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll be getting in around 5:30, hope no one minds me bringing my carry on since I don't have time t o drop by my hotel :)

Gene Parmesan on
  • DarkZeroPTDarkZeroPT Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    I'll try and be there around 5 too, as I'm hungry too, and the jetlag doesn't help. D;

And dammit, forgot to tell I bought on August 23rd, hours before ending. So...I'll be with my brother. Mai gode. 8D;;

DarkZeroPT on
  • xythenxythen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thank you so much to the organizers of the dinner! It was great fun, with some yummy lasagna!

Long Live the Pre-Pax Dinner!

xythen on
    edited September 2010
    Indeed, my thanks to beta_angel and the other organizers, you guys did an awesome job.

While I didn't have much time at the dinner (due to Slytherins preparing to move out), the lasagna was damn tasty, and worked as a good cushion for much alcohol on the TWDT afterwords.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The dinner was both fun and delicious! Fantastic job, beta_angel and volunteers.

ACC3SS on
  • MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thank you very much beta_angel and everyone else who helped! Met some good people, and had some very awesome food. It definitely started my PAX out right!

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
    edited September 2010
    Thank you guys for making it out. I'm really glad everything seemed to go smoothly and I didn't hear any complaints (but if there are some, please PM me so I can try to fix them up for next year).

I really appreciate each and every one of you who made it out and allowed this tradition to continue.

I promise that next year will be even better, as I learned a TON about how to properly set this up.

Honestly, I was totally thrilled with how everything went off, it was great to meet all of you and I hope to see you more!!

Remember, this dinner doesn't happen with you and this community really is a one of a kind. I will do my very best to keep this tradition going for PAX Prime and I would love to help out with PAX East. For as long as this community wants this tradition, I will push to keep it going, just like the originators did with this dinner.

Thanks again,

Pre-PAX Dinner Crew

P.S. ACC3SS? Those wings were great, even re-heated and yeah, they were hot but *delicious*. I zipped right through them and loved every burning second. The timbits were bitchin' too. Thanks so much.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • JucJuc EdmontonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dinner was great, and I got to give away like a bajillion temp da2 tats so that was cool too.

Juc on
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thank you guys for making it out. I'm really glad everything seemed to go smoothly and I didn't hear any complaints (but if there are some, please PM me so I can try to fix them up for next year).

I really appreciate each and every one of you who made it out and allowed this tradition to continue.

I promise that next year will be even better, as I learned a TON about how to properly set this up.

Honestly, I was totally thrilled with how everything went off, it was great to meet all of you and I hope to see you more!!

Remember, this dinner doesn't happen with you and this community really is a one of a kind. I will do my very best to keep this tradition going for PAX Prime and I would love to help out with PAX East. For as long as this community wants this tradition, I will push to keep it going, just like the originators did with this dinner.

Thanks again,

Pre-PAX Dinner Crew

P.S. ACC3SS? Those wings were great, even re-heated and yeah, they were hot but *delicious*. I zipped right through them and loved every burning second. The timbits were bitchin' too. Thanks so much.

Not trying to be spammy, but I need to find someone that can get me the foodie buttons and also swap for the "warrior needs food badly" button. I will be dressed as a little sister in a BioShock cosplay group, please find me if you can! Anyone that wants to trade but cannot find me can PM me for my cell number

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
    edited September 2010
    Not spammy at all.

I have all of the buttons you're mentioning. heh. I will be around and I'll look for the little sister today!

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That was the meatiest and cheesiest lasagna ever. just the way I like it.

EskimoDave on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Great Lasagna...

Next year the venue needs to be wheelchair accessible though.

parabola on
    edited September 2010
    parabola wrote: »
    Great Lasagna...

Next year the venue needs to be wheelchair accessible though.

Yeah, you're not kidding. That was a total fuckup on my part, and I really do apologize. It will *not* happen again.

GalFriday - I kept my eyes out for you all day today, asked 3 different Little Sisters if they were you, but they weren't. I'll be at BYOC tomorrow around 11:00am and will gladly trade you buttons then.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Thank you for putting on a great event! :)

I totally wish I had your tolerance for spicy food.

ACC3SS on
  • DJBreslinDJBreslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just wanted to say thanks on this. It was great. Ran smooth, food was good, easy to find... just perfect!

DJBreslin on
  • refragrefrag Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The Pre-PAX Dinner was incredible this year. Very very well run. Great food. Fun venue. Good music. It was amazing to arrive, get food immediately and have a lot of time to chillax with peeps and get some serious button trading in.

A round of applause to all the organizers!! Huzzah!

See you next year.

refrag on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It was a great dinner this year. I'm glad things worked out so well. I even managed to run into Red Halo on my way there. Though the large Slytherin banner didn't hurt there :)

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    PHOTOS!

As always, publically viewable but tag yourselves. :)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2589581&id=5724132

Heleor on
This discussion has been closed.