As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Get in Line Games - LOCATION UPDATE

ticorahticorah Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
Hi all~

For those of you who have been to PAX before, Get in Line Games will be back this year for fun game play while you wait in the long lines.

---
LOCATION UPDATE:
Get in Line Games will be in the Queue Room at the Convention Center on Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. We will be there starting at 8am to run the line game experience before doors open. Please bring your phones and wireless devices to play the games with other PAX Attendees. (We will not be located at Benaroya.)

---

When you play games, you earn 'Tix' which are entered into raffles throughout the weekend for awesome Penny Arcade Merchandise.

If you want to earn MORE tix while you are waiting, we will be running sign-ups and twitter contests to earn more tix.

Follow @getinlinegames for more information & announcements on when this will happen.

We will also be allowing sign-ups on our mobile website so that you can play the games with your dsi's, itouches, ipads, etc. (wifi permitting). Info to follow on that as well. (feel free to msg us beforehand on twitter or at info@evilgeniusdesigns.com)

See you next week (in line, gaming or at the parties)!
Tracy

Tracy Kobeda Brown | CEO, Evil Genius Designs, Inc. (Maker of Get in Line Games)
www.getinlinegames.com
email: info AT evilgeniusdesigns DOT com[/email] | twitter: @getinlinegames
ticorah on

• Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Looks niiiice, let's hope I can answer some questions.. or probably fail at both the challenge and raffles... never won a raffle yet, maybe this PAX!

Edit: Followed!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    All of a sudden all I hear in my mind is...

...IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

Masquerade78 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Funny... I still hear leekspin... (I know - it is sad...)

ticorah on
    Tracy Kobeda Brown | CEO, Evil Genius Designs, Inc. (Maker of Get in Line Games)
    www.getinlinegames.com
  • Options
    journies_endjournies_end Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sweet, I only had a number pad phone at PAX East, now with a keyboard phone I should be able to get a few more tix (hopefully!)

journies_end on
    Totally pumped for PAX Prime 2010
    Tweet me @journies_end
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Are you guys going to be at the Keynote line as well, or only the Expo hall line?

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    lemongrenadeslemongrenades Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Followed. Can't wait to win junk!

lemongrenades on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can i suggest this year, for the youtube game, less overused meme videos and more random funny ones?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I almost feel sorry for twitter. with all the companies using it for promotions. :)

Solelron on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Are you guys going to be at the Keynote line as well, or only the Expo hall line?

We are finalizing the details and I will be tweeting it Thursday night.

ticorah on
    www.getinlinegames.com
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, will you guys have a mobile site this year for entering/voting on stuff? Texting if you're not from the US = $Texas.

MrBartokomous on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Can i suggest this year, for the youtube game, less overused meme videos and more random funny ones?

Absolutely! I will make sure leekspin is in every voting selection. (Just kidding...)

We will actually be opening sign-ups for an advisory board so that people can make suggestions (like this) so look for sign-ups in the lines as well.

We did change out a lot of the videos for East and for this Prime (so if you have some suggestions, go ahead and send me a PM.) We do keep some of the favorites because of the pop culture sing-a-long value, but I promise there are many, many more this year.

The terminal asked me to send you this as a sample of our videos for prime:

xo,
    Tracy

ticorah on
    www.getinlinegames.com
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Solelron wrote: »
    I almost feel sorry for twitter. with all the companies using it for promotions. :)

Trust me... they love it. It is part of their evolving business model.

ticorah on
    www.getinlinegames.com
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, will you guys have a mobile site this year for entering/voting on stuff? Texting if you're not from the US = $Texas.

Yes, there will be a mobile site this year for playing the games as well. The games can be accessed through wireless devices with browser capabilities... (e.g. DSi's, ipads, netbooks, etc.) using the PAX wifi.

We are putting final touches on the mobile components and will tweet/post/advertise them in the lines as well.

ticorah on
    www.getinlinegames.com
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ticorah wrote: »

Absolutely! I will make sure leekspin is in every voting selection. (Just kidding...)

We will actually be opening sign-ups for an advisory board so that people can make suggestions (like this) so look for sign-ups in the lines as well.

We did change out a lot of the videos for East and for this Prime (so if you have some suggestions, go ahead and send me a PM.) We do keep some of the favorites because of the pop culture sing-a-long value, but I promise there are many, many more this year.

xo,
    Tracy

I understand putting the popular sing a long songs on there. The problem is you put them against other less widely distributed videos, so they always win. Mybe this year, put all the sing a long vids in the same face off, and let some new funny vids shine.

Just a thought, and no matter what, thank you for these games. They were the best addition to pax last year.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

xo,
    Tracy

I understand putting the popular sing a long songs on there. The problem is you put them against other less widely distributed videos, so they always win. Mybe this year, put all the sing a long vids in the same face off, and let some new funny vids shine.

Just a thought, and no matter what, thank you for these games. They were the best addition to pax last year.

Totally agree! We didn't expect to see the same people in line so much so this year we have 10x the content changes.

And thanks for the compliment... it means a ton!

Tracy

ticorah on
    www.getinlinegames.com
  • Options
    automaticjimautomaticjim Tampa, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sweet! I won a PAX scarf in Boston.. Hoping to win some more in Seattle! :P

automaticjim on

See you at PAX Prime!
    Twitter - Automaticjim
    Steam - Outbreak

If you’re winning, play safe and keep the game clean and simple. If you are losing, take risks and complicate the game.
  • Options
    Get in Line TerminalGet in Line Terminal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look forward to seeing you all again this year, 1 week and counting...

Get in Line Terminal on
  • Options
    thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You guys made my PAX 09 experience soo great (I was the swedish chef) and I'm sooooo glad to see you back.
    I'll also be back. :)
    occasionally in chef attire.

thespiffyneostar on
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look forward to seeing you all again this year, 1 week and counting...

oh snap, not you.
    you're scary, and cannot come.
    that malicious green terminal text has haunted my dreams for a full year.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I vote we change the name of Terminal to 'Val'.

(those who know will understand) :)

Solelron on
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I prefer GLaDOS...

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    ChibipandoraChibipandora Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Followed!!

It's a rare thing when you're looking forward to standing in line, but you guys do a wonderful job of working with our anticipation and giving it a fantastic outlet!

I hope someone on the advisory board can advocate for the shorties. It's not a problem most of the time, but some people are less awesome than others about letting me move to where I can see. :?

Chibipandora on
  • Options
    Get in Line TerminalGet in Line Terminal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Followed!!

It's a rare thing when you're looking forward to standing in line, but you guys do a wonderful job of working with our anticipation and giving it a fantastic outlet!

I hope someone on the advisory board can advocate for the shorties. It's not a problem most of the time, but some people are less awesome than others about letting me move to where I can see. :?

People who get in others ways will be made fun of by yours truly :)

Get in Line Terminal on
  • Options
    journies_endjournies_end Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

People who get in others ways will be made fun of by yours truly :)

You are my new hero <3:D (5'4" here, I'm 26 but I'm teeeeny)

journies_end on
    Totally pumped for PAX Prime 2010
    Tweet me @journies_end
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Won a poster last year. Need another.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    lindethierlindethier Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yay! Looking forward to standing in line! :)

lindethier on
    1386815.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    We will definitely be in the Queue Room in the Convention Center. I'll post the exact line times on Thursday, but we will be there bright and early on Friday to start line entertainment before the expo hall opens.

Remember to bring your devices fully charged!

ticorah on
    www.getinlinegames.com
  • Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Remember to bring your devices fully charged!

And a spare battery/charger.

My batteries never made it through a whole day last year.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    New subject line: added locations

ticorah on
    www.getinlinegames.com
This discussion has been closed.