As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WRAITH VICTORY!!!!!!!] KoPv.1: The Caves of Phalla

• DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    gnomes are notorious post editors

Unknown User on
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    !RETRACT VOTE CELEBRIM!

!VOTE SQUASHUA!

minigunwielder on
  • minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I didnt want to get in trouble for double posting.

minigunwielder on
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    !Vote Squasha It seems like everyone wants him dead and no one else seemed to jump out as "gnomish" to me yet.

Typhus733 on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    !retract Squashua and !vote for roommate visiblehowl

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    !Vote Squasha ...no one else seemed to jump out as "gnomish" to me yet.

It doesn't count as a vote unless you get the second "U" in there.

Squashua on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »

O rly?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2007

O rly?

O rly? I 'ardly know 'er!

Squashua on
  • frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Gnasty wrote: »
    You are allowed to post or PM your role PM if you want to.

To: Squashua
    Subject: Caves of Phalla Role PM

You are actually a Dwarven Gnomesniffer!

You and two fellow Gnomesniffers have infiltrated the tourist group based on rumors of gnomish subversion. Unfortunately, you were not fast enough to prevent the initial attack and at the moment, with suspicions high, you must proceed with caution. Double-unfortunately, you're not exactly sure which humans your fellow Gnomesniffers are disguised as. Once per night you may select a target and detect whether or not they are a Gnome. You will receive no other data other than whether or not they are a Gnome. Your goal is to eliminate the Gnomish threat.

All Specials PM me now! :winky:

Yeah this is good enough reason to kill squashua:

!kill Squashua

I wonder how many non-humans there are, because the cultists win conditions sound a little easy to win. (since they might only have to kill 5 or so people).

frandelgearslip on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I wonder how many non-humans there are, because the cultists win conditions sound a little easy to win. (since they might only have to kill 5 or so people).

But there are only two of them. Unless they have a seer or something, that sounds like a pretty bad deal for them.

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
    edited May 2007
    You are allowed to post or PM your role PM if you want to.

To: Squashua
    Subject: Caves of Phalla Role PM

You are actually a Dwarven Gnomesniffer!

You and two fellow Gnomesniffers have infiltrated the tourist group based on rumors of gnomish subversion. Unfortunately, you were not fast enough to prevent the initial attack and at the moment, with suspicions high, you must proceed with caution. Double-unfortunately, you're not exactly sure which humans your fellow Gnomesniffers are disguised as. Once per night you may select a target and detect whether or not they are a Gnome. You will receive no other data other than whether or not they are a Gnome. Your goal is to eliminate the Gnomish threat.

All Specials PM me now! :winky:

Yeah this is good enough reason to kill squashua:

!kill Squashua

This is a good reason not to reveal your race eh.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2007

O rly?

Just a stab, but being first day and all it's better than any other guess I can make.

Inquisitor is from LA, visiblehowl is too, afaik. Didn't find anything to contradict such living arrangements as roommates with a brief search, so it's a not bad first day lead compared to RNGing it.

Squashua's antics is a good bandwagon too though, whatever.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2007
    Adrien wrote: »

But there are only two of them. Unless they have a seer or something, that sounds like a pretty bad deal for them.

But they don't have to kill there targets themselves, anybody can kill them. There targets just have to die at the hands of anybody. Simply by random chance I think they have a pretty good chance to win if they can stay alive (which isn't that hard look at the cultist in rygar's game).

frandelgearslip on
    edited May 2007

But they don't have to kill there targets themselves, anybody can kill them. There targets just have to die at the hands of anybody. Simply by random chance I think they have a pretty good chance to win if they can stay alive (which isn't that hard look at the cultist in rygar's game).

I didn't make that interpretation.

Gnasty? I read it as the cultists had to make kills on each race directly. Yes?

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Just a stab, but being first day and all it's better than any other guess I can make.

Inquisitor is from LA, visiblehowl is too, afaik. Didn't find anything to contradict such living arrangements as roommates with a brief search, so it's a not bad first day lead compared to RNGing it.

That's a little metagamey, I think...Inquisitor bowed out so that the information wouldn't influence the game, and now you're trying to make it influence the game. :(

Buzz Buzz on
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

OP wrote:
    For the DSDMT to be resurrected, at least one member of every race must be killed. As long as at least one cult member is alive when this goal is achieved, the cult will win the game.
    It sounds to me like anyone can do the killing.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007

If the cultists have to make the kills directly, then it is kind of simple to prevent them from winning by the village and the other factions and the gnomes killing all the specials of a particular race before the cultists have the chance to.

frandelgearslip on
    edited May 2007
    Attention Hu-Mon villagers: Keep a good eye on anyone jumping on the "Squashua" bandwagon this late in the game who isn't doing it out of Phallanoia vengeance, and you'll have a good "gnome suspect list" after tonight's narration reveal.

Especially investigate those who try to put actual credence behind my "Dwarven Gnomesniffer" claims.

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I think Gnasty needs to clarify that bit as it's open to either imo.

And I wondered about the roommate thing but for the same reasons that he dropped out I have a hard time ignoring it. It's hard to take things back after the fact in a game where mystery is the mechanic, would have been best to not detail the situation around it but again, too late now.

Please note that I'm making the the connection and vote based purely on public info on the PA forums and I don't have any insider info on Inquisitor and his roommate.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2007
    Attention Hu-Mon villagers: Keep a good eye on anyone jumping on the "Squashua" bandwagon this late in the game who isn't doing it out of Phallanoia vengeance, and you'll have a good "gnome suspect list" after tonight's narration reveal.

Uh no the dwarven sniffer bullshit (especially after phallanoia) is justification enough for anybody to kill you.

I was going to vote for somebody else, because you get bandwagoned every game, but that bullshit was enough to convince me that you need to die.

frandelgearslip on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

That's a little metagamey, I think...Inquisitor bowed out so that the information wouldn't influence the game, and now you're trying to make it influence the game. :(

Yeah, well, he shouldn't have volunteered any information at all, to be honest. Now I'm going through and looking for people who signed up specifically for this game, on the off-chance that the roommate is someone who was looking over his shoulder at previous games...

Hi, Lignisse! I make !vote for you.

And that's probably not very fair. However...I'd be surprised if only 2 of 50 people in this game lived in LA. Big town.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Question for Gnasty
    Are all item holders human
    Or are some badguys?

Last Son on
    edited May 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Yeah, well, he shouldn't have volunteered any information at all, to be honest. Now I'm going through and looking for people who signed up specifically for this game, on the off-chance that the roommate is someone who was looking over his shoulder at previous games...

Hi, Lignisse! I make !vote for you.

And that's probably not very fair. However...I'd be surprised if only 2 of 50 people in this game lived in LA. Big town.

Yeah, I have eliminated many people but I had to pick someone.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I !vote Squashua for destruction.

My zap failed to kill you, Squashua, so now I must relieve my hatred through other means, no matter how indirect. This bandwagon is shaping up nicely.

I refuse to engage in a conversation involving whether I am/am not a specific person's roommate rather than one involving whether I am/am not a gnome.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited May 2007
    We also have to assume, considering the nature of the information given and his humanity, that the roommate is bad for our collective health. At this point I'm guessing cultist.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, like I said, it's hard to ignore the information he fed us. The way he made it sound, it had the biggest impact on the game possible pretty much. Knowing one out of two cultists would be such a thing.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, like I said, it's hard to ignore the information he fed us. The way he made it sound, it had the biggest impact on the game possible pretty much. Knowing one out of two cultists would be such a thing.

He shouldn't have worded it the way he did. Just a simple, "Uh, I saw someone else's PM and need to drop out" likely would have sufficed. The how and why of the circumstances notwithstanding.

Heck, a private PM to Gnasty could have handled it without any of us even knowing.

Squashua on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The cultists do not have to be the ones who kill the different races.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    We could just not go looking for people's locations. That would make it pretty easy to ignore the information.

It's just bad form working like this, and although Inquisitor might have been able to handle it better, he didn't, so now we're here.

That said, I'm probably not going to convince anyone that we shouldn't web detective Inquisitor to find out who he lives with, so bah to you all.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    I !vote Squashua for destruction.

My zap failed to kill you, Squashua, so now I must relieve my hatred through other means, no matter how indirect. This bandwagon is shaping up nicely.

I refuse to engage in a conversation involving whether I am/am not a specific person's roommate rather than one involving whether I am/am not a gnome.

Stating that you're metagaming (acting on pre-game attitude) and then refusing to metagame (not acting on location investigation) in the next sentence/paragraph? Man, that is SO hypocritical. :winky:

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    We could just not go looking for people's locations. That would make it pretty easy to ignore the information.

It's just bad form working like this, and although Inquisitor might have been able to handle it better, he didn't, so now we're here.

He could have ignored that he saw the PM too then. My point being that it's hard to ignore info and "play right" after the fact. I doubt I was the only one tempted by this.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2007
    The cultists do not have to be the ones who kill the different races.

That's good to know.

D:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2007

He could have ignored that he saw the PM too then. My point being that it's hard to ignore info and "play right" after the fact. I doubt I was the only one tempted by this.

You weren't. I was tempted by it too. Then I thought about it, realized that it wasn't really the way the game was meant to be played, and decided against searching around for info on it. Obviously my beliefs aren't yours, nor should they necessarily be, but I still think that it's the wrong way to play this game.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    I have no interest in looking for people's RL locations. Freshly-joined players? That's a little more notable.

tuxkamen on

• AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

If he'd said it explicitly, yeah. But it's easy enough not to go around trying to figure out who he was talking about.

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
    edited May 2007

It's like reading the "dead thread". What was that comment someone made about reading the dead thread to "cheat"? Like, it was uberlame or something?

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    I'm weak then. Curiosity of it all got me.

It wasn't anything complicated, I'm not some cybersleuth.

OH GOD NOT A STALKER OK D:

:^:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I cast three !votes for Squashua. Although I probably should follow up on the locations, seeing as I was a member of the Voyage to Phalla network. I think I'll just leave locations alone this time.

Frosteey on
    edited May 2007
    EVERYONE POST YOUR CITY.

This meme will never die.

(Ok let it die)

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I kinda forgot I was in this game. Sorry. I don't know what's up with the Squashua bandwagon, so I'm going to leave it alone and !vote for GrimmyTOA. He's got shifty eyes.

Cantide on