As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kamen Rider Double/OOO: Bro, Have You Seen My Underwear?

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's a good tunnel to start things off.

Owenashi on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    They continuously reuse locations in Rider/Sentai. Tokyo is only so big, after all. Here's the most obvious example. Spoilers ahead, most likely.
    This one even points out the same fact in the description.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXb73y27Wuw

About a minute in.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzgIyMP2s7A

Right at 50 seconds. Notice that they teleport to it with no explanation at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ycyxiSdx-4

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There was a time a few years ago when I was wild about Kamen Rider. I watched Kamen Rider Kabuto as soon as I could find a new episode. I would then re-read my favorite part of Kamen Rider Spirits and play Viewtiful Joe while waiting for the next episode to show up.

I'm just not feeling it anymore. I haven't watched anything since Kabuto, and even re-watching that is weird.

DouglasDanger on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kinda want to watch Kabuto after VV, because my understanding is that it is epic.

DarkPrimus on
    edited September 2010
    I've caught the first couple episodes of Kabuto. I certainly like the concept of a super-speedster Kamen Rider, but I heard the lead character could be a bit annoying with his his 'can't-do-wrong' attitude. It does seem OOO is borrowing a note from Kabuto's monsters when it comes to how the lead villains create their monsters-of-the-fortnight.

Owenashi on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, pretty much of all of the main characters were annoying. The armor designs were really cool, the monsters were neat, and the fights were pretty great.

DouglasDanger on
    edited September 2010
    It looks like they plan to use OOO's Medals not just as parts of the OOO-Driver toy belt but also for a new arcade game.

kroooarcadegame.jpg

Not that they're giving up on the current Ganbaride card-scan game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXlGeQ2MNo

Owenashi on
    edited September 2010
    I bought Ganbaride for DS. It's pretty awesome.

Kabuto is a great series. It just takes a turn for the horrible around 2/3 through. Still has good moments, just a lot of crap that makes no sense. And plot threads get abandoned continuously. The ending makes up for it a bit, though.

And Kagami/Gatack is a total bro. Basically, just pretend he's the plucky main character with a heart of gold and Tendou/Kabuto is the dick 'rival' character and the series is much, much better.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    And Kagami/Gatack is a total bro. Basically, just pretend he's the plucky main character with a heart of gold and Tendou/Kabuto is the dick 'rival' character and the series is much, much better.

This is very accurate. Especially as Kagami redeems just about everyone in the series. You'll notice when people rise above their pettiness it's when he's around.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
    edited September 2010
    Hmmm, as tributes go, this isn't half bad. Plus the way Toei's reacting to KR-vids on Youtube, I'm surprised it's still on.

Warning: the video shows off spoilers about the whole series

Owenashi on
    edited September 2010
    Sorry for the double-post but the second episode of Kamen Rider OOO was subbed today, with a version (either Overtime's or TaCoBar's) popping up on Youtube. Best to watch it before it's yanked, especially since it has a pretty nice fight at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6UbRQAXOE

Owenashi on
    edited September 2010
    Rgreg is a gentleman and a scholar.

He's gone through like six accounts to keep uploading W and now OOO.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I had some Kamen Rider soda today. That was pretty tasty. There are 9 random cans, and I got KamenRider BLACK. Tasted like Jones Bubblegum.

Mortal Sky on
    edited September 2010
    That episode was really good.

Anyone who isn't watching this and has any possible interest should really watch the first two episodes. Get in on the ground floor while you still can.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    2443.jpg?v=1

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Here's something I didn't think anyone would bother subbing. It's a little silly but it showcases Double's Gaia Memories decently. Doesn't look like they had money in it's production budget for all the usual special effects though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkZl4XlN9SA

Owenashi on
    edited September 2010
    That was pretty fun. It doesn't look like part two, with the food Dopant, is up yet.

I'm watching all of the Delusion Diaries now. They're great. Shotaro does an amazing Ryubee Sonozaki impression.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited September 2010
    Rgreg just posted the first subbed part of this week's episode. It seems like it'll take an hour or two for all three to pop up if it follows like his previous episode postings. He also made a notice that the vid-parts will be up only for 24 hours so view them as soon as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8d9r2DcN8

Also, a summary for the upcoming Double & OOO movie's stories has cropped up and has been translated. I don't know if it's 100% legit but here's Wikipedia's version of the plots.
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Like Kamen Rider × Kamen Rider Double & Decade: Movie War 2010, Movie War Core is split into three parts. The Kamen Rider Double portion of the film, written by Riku Sanjo, is titled Kamen Rider Double feat. Skull (仮面ライダーダブル feat. スカル, Kamen Raidā Daburu feat. Sukaru?). The story features Ryu Terui preparing for his wedding to Akiko Narumi. However, Shotaro Hidari and Philip are distracted by the presence of the Pteranodon Yummy (プテラノドンヤミー, Puteranodon Yamī?) who has somehow acquired the Memory Memory (メモリーメモリ, Memorī Memori?). The Pteranodon Yummy uses these powers to reveal to Shotaro and Philip the very first Dopant and what made Shotaro's mentor Sokichi Narumi become Kamen Rider Skull.

The Kamen Rider OOO portion of the film, written by Toshiki Inoue, is titled Kamen Rider OOO: Nobunaga's Desire (仮面ライダーオーズ ノブナガの欲望, Kamen Raidā Ōzu Nobunaga no Yokubō?). The Kougami Foundation has discovered the mummified remains of Oda Nobunaga and have created a homonculus android based on his memories named Nobunaga (ノブナガ?). They put Nobunaga in Eiji Hino's care, but when Nobunaga goes on a greed and desire based rampage due to the original's thirst for conquering, Eiji must stop Nobunaga before it is too late.

In the final portion of the film entitled Movie War Core (MOVIE大戦CORE, Mūbī Taisen Koa?), the evil Kamen Rider Core (仮面ライダーコア, Kamen Raidā Koa?), promoted as the first entirely CG evil Kamen Rider, is created from the memories of all of the older Kamen Riders. Kamen Riders Double and OOO must team up to defeat Kamen Rider Core, who wields the powers of the inner core itself, before the Earth is destroyed

Owenashi on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Antimatter on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Old news Anti.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    fuck yourself I just saw it today :x

Antimatter on
    edited December 2010
    So I found a place that had SH Figuarts Accel Trial for a decent price.

Why the hell do I keep wanting to buy all these Japan website-exclusive figures.

DarkPrimus on
    edited December 2010
    I broke down and preordered Kamen Rider Joker. $50 before shipping is even considered. And it won't even be out until February.

How much did Trial run?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited December 2010
    $78 shipped. And believe me you won't find a better deal on him.

I would like a Figuarts Weather Dopant to fight him, but that's an exclusive as well and the pre-order period is long past, so... yeah, probably not.

...I might pre-order Joker after Christmas, though. Or maybe I should actually buy regular Accel and CycloneJoker.

DarkPrimus on
    edited December 2010
    CSToys end their preorders on the 10th. I wouldn't expect anyone else to keep going much longer.

I'd go for the preorder over Accel at least, there tends to be plenty of him on eBay, and HLJ even puts him on sale. Cyclone/Joker is hard to find now, but he'll probably reappear if they keep making W movies. Joker is way too awesome to possibly miss, though.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited December 2010
    CycloneJoker is getting a January reissue.

DarkPrimus on
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    goddamn
    saw the OP and thought " oh goodness i bet VI will be all over these gorgeous asian dudes" then i refresh and realize ive been gone all night and were on like the sixth page

anyway power rangers were neat when i was young

RubberAC on
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think this thread may have been the beginning of the dark path I choose to take Rubber.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Goddamn
    origin story
    well i can see how

RubberAC on
  • CrashmoCrashmo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hahaha they've gone pirate

I wonder how many settings are left that they can use

Crashmo on
    polar-bearsig.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Crashmo wrote: »
    Hahaha they've gone pirate

I wonder how many settings are left that they can use

Not just pirates but possibly reality-hopping pirates. Kaizoku Sentai Goukaiger seems to be for Super Sentai what KR-Decade was to Kamen Rider. Possibly with the whole 'transform into other heroes' bit. And when it comes to Super Sentai, there's a lot of heroes to change as the poster below shows.

goukaigerposter.jpg

Talk about your Forever Red. Their Megazord looks to be pretty cool too in it's original form.

ban13477.jpg

And by 'original form', I mean that it looks like they'll be recreating Zords of old that will be able to link up to it. Like the Red S.P.D. Ranger's Delta Runner 1 Zord.
    65103216502.jpg
    ban13484.jpg

And to make this post more topic-friendly, take a look at the latest previews for the Double/OOO crossover movie which promises to show the origin of Double's Kamen Rider Skull, the debut of OOO's second Rider and possibly OOO's mid-season upgrade, the Red Core Medal Combo. I put the second one in the box due to the preview image showing off the movie's final villain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOiKgjXbiw0&feature=player_embedded

Owenashi on
    edited December 2010
    Movie looks great!

Of course, we won't be able to see it for like a year. Unless it gets onto YouTube early, like the W/Decade movie did. The Den-O/Diend movie is just now available. Still waiting on the A to Z movie.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited December 2010
    So guys they are making another Skull Figuargs, from the upcoming W/OOO film. It's an exclusive like the first but if you hurry up you can get it ordered without having to pay ridiculous secondary market prices!

DarkPrimus on
    edited December 2010
    It seems the Double/OOO crossover movie, Movie War Core, did pretty well in Japan as it's the number-one movie at the moment. Of course Toei's didn't waste any time announcing the next Kamen Rider films. Double's getting at least a pair of straight-to-DVD movies under the banner title 'Kamen Rider Double Returns'. However, both movies are like Den-O's recent Episode Trilogy in that the stories feature Riders other then Double. In this case it'll be Double's 2nd Rider, Accel, and the villain of Double's solo movie, Kamen Rider Eternal. While Eternal's story (The Beginning of N is the End of E) will act as an origin story and possibly feature the prototype for the Gaia Memory, Accel's (Sacrificing A for A) is rumored to feature their next version, the T3 Gaia Memory. What's confirmed is that Accel's getting a third form to transform into, seen in the box below...
    The name for the form is (rumored at least to be) Accel Booster.

kamenriderdoubleaccelbo.jpg

Toei also has plans for a special Kamen Rider movie to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the franchise, complete with setting up a site with a very brief video-teaser. Not much else is known at the moment though the teaser does seem to indicate that the original Kamen Rider and at least Den-O's time machine, the Denliner, will be involved. For those unfamiliar with the original Kamen Rider, here's a look at the show's opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIo6mS1rw8

Owenashi on
    edited December 2010
    They'd better make a Figuarts of that new Accel form, is all I'm sayin'. I know it will be an exclusive, that is no obstacle to me. I have Trial form already.

DarkPrimus on
    edited December 2010
    I preordered the shit out of Skull the moment I heard about the new one. He'll go very nicely with the matte Joker I'm also waiting on.

Something that was pointed out to me recently, about the Double movie titles.

Kamen Rider W RETURNS
    Kamen Rider W FOREVER : A to Z/The Gaia Memories of Fate
    Kamen Rider *OOO & W* Featuring Skull : Movie War Core
    Kamen Rider W : BEGINS Night

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited December 2010
    Uhm... what about the movie titles?

RETURNS is going to be a series of DTV movies so it's not quite the same as the theatrical releases, and Begins Night was part of a feature with that Decade movie and the crossover bit...

I need to order a matte Joker too, and get a CycloneCyclone/JokerJoker pack... so I can have matte Joker with matte Skull and shiny Joker with shiny Skull... oh god my OCD will kill my wallet.

DarkPrimus on
    edited December 2010
    Think about another heroic detective. One that's also related to the word Joker.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited December 2010
    I wouldn't mind having a Skull figure myself. This special figure of Double's super-form based on it's appearance in his solo movie is pretty nice too.
    kamenriderwgoldextremef.jpg
    kamenriderwgoldextremef.jpg

I wouldn't mind having this S.I.C. (a line of figures with serious if tweaked detailing) version of Double either, though I think the effect-stand around it belongs to another line's Double.

kamenriderdoublesiccycl.jpg

Heck, I'd pay a few bucks just to have this sitting on my desk.

kamenrideroooankhfiguar.jpg

Anyone got a clue what the stand says under Ankh's misspelled name?

Owenashi on