As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2010 forum badges

14567810»

• TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the possible questions with their answers have been posted somewhere in this thread

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    too bad we cant prove we're on the back of the badge -.- xD

I suppose if you're trading buttons you could. I've got 150 buttons that say Cronus on them.

Though I remember the questions being very simple so I'm sure everyone will be fine.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I know I'm just slightly self defeating and lack self confidence in my memory XD But I should be able to remember the questions especially because they're pretty much the same as last year XD

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I know I'm just slightly self defeating and lack self confidence in my memory XD But I should be able to remember the questions especially because they're pretty much the same as last year XD

Or are they? I'm actually working on some new ones, all of which will be posted this coming weekend.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not a big fan either but I felt it was my duty lol

I shall attend next year when i have more money to spend on not eating lol

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
    edited August 2010
    New questions for badges folks! Read them and memorise the answers if you have to! Note that you only need to answer ONE of these questions in order to get a badge from the BYOC desk. Unless you're being interrogated by BigRed that is, who will probably demand you answer all 12, in less than 20 seconds, whilst being hung upside down over a pool of concentrated hydroclauric acid. The meany.
    1) Name an unofficial PAX Prime community event:

* West Coast Train Trip
    * Cross Country Super Trip
    * Canadian Super Trip
    * Pre-PAX Dinner
    * Post PAX Party
    * Cookie Brigade
    * Westard Aviation Networking Group
    * The Triwizard Drinking Tournament
    * Girls Meet Up
    * Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour
    * PAX Prime Assassins

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) Name the primary forum admin

Moe Fwacky

5) What colour scheme are the forums in?

Blue with white text.

6) What does 'W.A.N.G' stand for?

Westard Aviation Networking Group

7) Why do some forum threads have the word [Prime] as a prefix in their titles?

They are threads that relate to PAX'10 in Seattle as opposed to PAX East in Boston.

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that sell crunchy and sweet foodstuffs for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie (& Biscuit) Brigade

9) How many names are printed on the back of the PAX Prime 2010 Forum Badge?

10) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

11) What is there a picture of on the reverse side of the PAX Challenge Coin?

A Nintendo DS

12) At what price can PAX Passes be sold on the PAX Forums?

Face value.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• mavrick88mavrick88 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Unless you're being interrogated by BigRed that is, who will probably demand you answer all 12, in less than 20 seconds, whilst being hung upside down over a pool of concentrated hydroclauric acid. The meany.

As i read that I had the godfather theme playing and it fit perfectly.

mavrick88 on
    I was driving some out-of-towner friends around, and I kept complaining about being blinded. They responded with "You see, where we come from, people tend to wear Sunglasses." I retorted with a simple "You people tend to have sun."
  • Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Forum Badge, PAX badge and assassins badge. I'm gonna be full up on insignia this PAX. See you guys at the dinner.

Gene Parmesan on
  • JediknightkarlJediknightkarl Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Last year i was the First to get one from BigRed. Apparently if you catch him off guard he only asks one.

Jediknightkarl on
    damn...bit my tongue....i hate that.
  • MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I could, it's the name on my driver's license and work photo ID.

I get asked for ID a lot anyway when I'm asking people at comic and scifi conventions to sign stuff to Mary Sue.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MarySue wrote: »

I could, it's the name on my driver's license and work photo ID.

I get asked for ID a lot anyway when I'm asking people at comic and scifi conventions to sign stuff to Mary Sue.

Wait, that's your real name? That's awesome!

(I have some fanfiction I might ask you to sign. ;))

Heleor on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My last name is Gan which is about as close and I can get

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    edited August 2010
    Can't wait to get these this week!

(Also can't let this thread be dead. :P)

Heleor on
  • omeromeomerome Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I cannot wait for PAX. This is my first time so I'm getting a bit of the jitters but it's a good feeling. 8-)

omerome on
  • hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thank you so much kropotkin! Hope to meet you at pax. You can always spot a group of school girls (9) and men in Kilts (4) on Friday, you've definitely deserved a cookie from the cookie brigade. Thanks.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DustinMMOMFGDustinMMOMFG Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is it too late to get on these kro? I was on the PAX East one and would love to be involved again! Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again at-show. Cheers!

-DustinMMOMFG

DustinMMOMFG on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not speaking for Kropotkin here, but they were already printed (I know, I have them at my house!!), so I would assume nobody else is being added.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited August 2010
    Is it too late to get on these kro? I was on the PAX East one and would love to be involved again! Looking forward to meeting up with you guys again at-show. Cheers!

-DustinMMOMFG

Provided you're going to the Pre PAX Dinner or taking part in the CCST/CST/WCTT you get a badge prior to PAX Prime starting. Otherwise you can pick one up from PAX Prime itself at the BYOC desk from 12pm Friday 3rd September. You will have to answer 1 of 12 questions before you get a badge. This is in order to prove you are indeed a member of the PAX forums.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

-DustinMMOMFG

Provided you're going to the Pre PAX Dinner or taking part in the CCST/CST/WCTT you get a badge prior to PAX Prime starting. Otherwise you can pick one up from PAX Prime itself at the BYOC desk from 12pm Friday 3rd September. You will have to answer 1 of 12 questions before you get a badge. This is in order to prove you are indeed a member of the PAX forums.

Myself and Robziel will probably be hitting up the BYOC desk to get ours since we'll be getting in to late on Thursday to make the pre-pax dinner.

Really looking forward to getting one.

ransim on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

-DustinMMOMFG

Ohhhh I see... so who'd you send the badges to for the CST? I wanna know who I should be asking for one...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
    edited August 2010
    Serenity wrote: »

Ohhhh I see... so who'd you send the badges to for the CST? I wanna know who I should be asking for one...

That would be Tr0tsky :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• The ClingerThe Clinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have to admit, I wasn't expecting the answers of the questions to be posted in this thread.

The Clinger on
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    kropotkin, you are one of my favourite people in the whole world right now! I totally did not expect to get on the back of the badges when I missed the cut-off! You rock. :)

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • CougRonCougRon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Picked up my BYOC badge, but unfortunately they didn't have the forum badges. Hopefully I can pick it up a the desk tomorrow.

CougRon on
    edited September 2010
    CougRon wrote: »
    Picked up my BYOC badge, but unfortunately they didn't have the forum badges. Hopefully I can pick it up a the desk tomorrow.

The forum badges will be available from the BYOC desk from Midday Friday 3rd September.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the badge, kropotkin! :D

ACC3SS on
  • CougRonCougRon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    finally picked up my badge. And there was much rejoicing.

CougRon on
  • AlphonsisAlphonsis Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Picked up my badge. Thanks Kropotkin! Oh, and I _love_ the double wide holder!! ^_^

Alphonsis on
    vhkbviT.png
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kropotkin, you'll be thrilled to know that every badge was taken and accounted for at the end of the Pre-PAX Dinner. Thanks so much for doing these again.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited September 2010
    Got my Forum Badge for the year!! THANKS ALOT Kropotkin! :D

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • itashaitasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah I couldn't get one I was on my was sat and someone said they ran out :,( dang I'll have t try next year o guess

itasha on
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    kropotkin:

Thanks again for the AWESOME badge. Super professional, and was a great way to recognise other forum dwellers :) You, sir, are definitely full of awesome and win. Next year, I'd be happy to help pass them out by carrying some in my Bag o' Holding.

MelesMeles on
    edited September 2010
    itasha wrote: »
    Ah I couldn't get one I was on my was sat and someone said they ran out :,( dang I'll have t try next year o guess

You were miss-informed. There were over 150 badges left when I picked up the remainder on Sunday afternoon.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

edited September 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »
    Kropotkin, you'll be thrilled to know that every badge was taken and accounted for at the end of the Pre-PAX Dinner. Thanks so much for doing these again.

Not a problem. I'm looking to do the same for PAX East 2011.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• itashaitasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What! Ah man that bites!

itasha on
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, thanks Kropotkin, they are awesome and worked perfectly with the passes.

Steel Fire on
    edited September 2010
    Definitely a great idea, kropotkin. I loved the fact that the badges were safe and could easily be removed for singings and such. :)

Heleor on
  • PimpMethodPimpMethod Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thank you for the Badges Kropotkin. I did meet one person with a badge btw.

PimpMethod on
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    PimpMethod wrote: »
    Thank you for the Badges Kropotkin. I did meet one person with a badge btw.

Me and Robziel ran into a few forum people at random with our badges. Thanks! :mrgreen:

ransim on
This discussion has been closed.