As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Open Beta ends the 19th; Wutai server! Server change for live?

• Options
    funkydue01funkydue01 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh blah sorry my chars name is "Renov Duck" oh and I'm standing right over you.

funkydue01 on
    Game ID's
    (FFXIV:Renier Avanti - Wutai) (WoW:Kaelos - Malorne) (SC2: funkydue.219) (360/Steam: funkydue)
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Has anyone played around with repairing equipment yet?

Does it require a certain lvl to do? Can a blacksmith repair weapons AND armor? Or is it limited to blacksmith repairing weapons and armorer repairing armor?

Danke!

Also you can remove the brackets from my name in the OP!

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    ZypherIMZypherIM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, this latest patch is just owning my system. Everytime I try to change zones it locks my computer.

ZypherIM on
  • Options
    scharaajscharaaj Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    jogernaut wrote: »
    Wow, I got hit by a terrible bug. I got disconnected by the server maintenance last night and when I logged back in I'm lying on the ground like I'm dead but I still have half my hp and now it's not letting me return or teleport.

I'll probably just reroll.

This is from the SOE website about the update this morning:
    Status
    2010/09/06 02:10 from FINAL FANTASY XIV
    All Worlds Emergency Maintenance Completed (Sep. 6)
    We were experiencing technical difficulties where players are unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV, but we are happy to announce that these issues have been addressed.

However, a possibility of character data being broken due to the issues has been confirmed. To prevent any further damage, we have rolled the character data back to the data from Sep. 5, 2010 19:00 (PDT).
    In case the character was created on affected worlds after the above hour, an error message will appear when you select the character on character selection menu. To address this issue, please delete the character and create again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Affected Worlds]
    - Cornelia
    - Kashuan
    - Gysahl
    - Mysidia
    - Istory
    - Figaro
    - Wutai
    - Trabia
    - Lindblum
    - Besaid

[Date & Time]
    From Sep. 5, 2010 20:08 to Sep. 6, 2010 2:00 (PDT)

[Details]
    Unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XIV

I am pissed because I was having a TON of fun on my conjy. Those SOE jerkfaces (since i prolly cant use the names i would liek to call them =p)

scharaaj on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    So reroll it.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Any idea how long their failed password account lockout lasts for?

NM, got tired of waiting and just forced a password reset.

Rakeeth on
  • Options
    a puddlea puddle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm just glad they caught that shit before release. People would lose their minds if they had character rollbacks a few days after playing.

a puddle on
  • Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Might want to update the OP with the fact that Open beta is closed. They don't tell you until you already sign up...

Indica1 on

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    SparserLogicSparserLogic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Anyone else noticing that the game is a LOT less laggy since the most recent patch?

Like, even the interface is moving more smoothely. Maybe its just me?

SparserLogic on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Might want to update the OP with the fact that Open beta is closed. They don't tell you until you already sign up...

Closed how? Did they stop giving out keys again? Because they've done that multiple times now. The beta itself is still running, just released another patch today.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So like, what am I supposed to...do as a Goldsmith? The intro fight thing was really disappointing, doing 1 damage by throwing rocks. I like the idea of a class that doesn't only fight, but do I just do nothing but craft?

Caswynben on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Caswynben wrote: »
    So like, what am I supposed to...do as a Goldsmith? The intro fight thing was really disappointing, doing 1 damage by throwing rocks. I like the idea of a class that doesn't only fight, but do I just do nothing but craft?

Well yeah, a Goldsmith is a crafter. If you want to fight people you need to get a real weapon and go to it. Luckily you are not forced to either do one or the other. Just pick up the weapon of choice and you can equip it and go start killing things. Then when you want to go back to crafting sweet accessories you just equip your goldsmith tools and away you go.

Starting as a crafting class is a bit tough because of that first fight. But once you get past that one the first quest they give you is a crafting one, and not the combat one that the combat classes get. Once you get through a bit of the initial story quest you'll get a nice wad of cash that you can use to buy a weapon if you so choose.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Jubal Indios in Ul'Dah... I rerolled from Lalafel.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't get the most recent patch. Is there a megaupload of the file somewhere?

Topia on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay patched and good, but I just tried to log in, got a few errors, then a world not available error.

Worlds down for others too?

Topia on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    World server down?

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    According to this site http://www.ff14news.com/serverstatus/ they shouldn't be.

*Edit* Of course that site says they've been up for the past 9 hours which is not correct, so...who knows.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wend down for me too.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    cyfircyfir Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Seriously, how the tar do you change keybinds? I found the menu, but I can't actually figure out how to rebind a key. Also, are there any graphics settings to adjust beyond the 8ish toggles like shadows and physics?

cyfir on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    cyfir wrote: »
    Seriously, how the tar do you change keybinds? I found the menu, but I can't actually figure out how to rebind a key. Also, are there any graphics settings to adjust beyond the 8ish toggles like shadows and physics?

There are a fair amount of graphics adjustments. Open the FFXIV Beta Config program and you can mess with the settings.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    TenexTenex Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Getting lobby errors again when trying to login. I swear Square doesn't want me to play this game for some reason. Also, anyone else using XBox360 controller to play the game? Trying to see what would be the best way to config the buttons

Tenex on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

There are a fair amount of graphics adjustments. Open the FFXIV Beta Config program and you can mess with the settings.

Nice to know there's an external config program :/ Thanks though! Any idea on why I can't figure out the keybinds?

cyfir on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Nice to know there's an external config program :/ Thanks though! Any idea on why I can't figure out the keybinds?

The option to keybind is in there, but I don't believe the ability to actually edit them is implemented yet. At least I couldn't figure out how.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tenex wrote: »
    Getting lobby errors again when trying to login. I swear Square doesn't want me to play this game for some reason. Also, anyone else using XBox360 controller to play the game? Trying to see what would be the best way to config the buttons

key-en15.jpg

Topia on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay. I'm level 6 now and I've finished all of the guildleves I got for the Camp Rock outside of the port city.

What do I do now? Am I supposed to wait 48 hours until I can do the same quests again? The next set appear to be for players 10+...

Am I missing something here or do they just want me to log out and not play?

Note: I rolled this toon on Palamecia and the server seems to have zero lag issues and almost no downtime so if ya'll are looking for a backup toon outside of Wutai, hit up Vallya Dailron.

SparserLogic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

The option to keybind is in there, but I don't believe the ability to actually edit them is implemented yet. At least I couldn't figure out how.

I have no idea how that happens... It's not like saving keybinds is a time-intensive thing to program :/

cyfir on
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There's a wave of mods already:
    Windower
    Hardware Mouse
    Priority Booser

Between those and the performance improvements of the last patch, I'm very pleased with the way this is starting to turn out.

Turkey on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I have no idea how that happens... It's not like saving keybinds is a time-intensive thing to program :/

I would imagine it is not a high priority at the moment.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ZypherIMZypherIM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    At level 6 you can probably do the level 10 camp ok. Your options to raise your rank in whatever class is pretty much grind at this point, or to raise phys level you could do some crafting stuff. Theres a bunch of leves in the dat files that we don't have access to as well I believe.

ZypherIM on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ZypherIM wrote: »
    At level 6 you can probably do the level 10 camp ok. Your options to raise your rank in whatever class is pretty much grind at this point, or to raise phys level you could do some crafting stuff. Theres a bunch of leves in the dat files that we don't have access to as well I believe.

Shouldn't I keep my physical level in line with my job level though?

I imagine being a level 10 character and a level 1 gladiator would be pretty useless.

SparserLogic on
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So has anyone noticed that there are many more leves for each camp beyond the one's you get initially? I've done a bevy of 3 leves out of Emerald Moss twice and each time the leves were all unique.

user on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I imagine being a level 10 character and a level 1 gladiator would be pretty useless.

You can't keep your physical level in line with your job they gain at different exp rates. Besides in order to be decent at your main job you'll need abilities from other jobs. Also crafting will net you physical exp as well.

As for your example. 1GLD/10 would have very nice stats (since your physical level determines your stats) and would only be useless in that you have few abilities to work with. But you could use the abilities of your other class as well.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    scharaaj wrote: »
    Wow, I got hit by a terrible bug. I got disconnected by the server maintenance last night and when I logged back in I'm lying on the ground like I'm dead but I still have half my hp and now it's not letting me return or teleport.

Status
    We were experiencing technical difficulties where players are unable to access FINAL FANTASY XIV, but we are happy to announce that these issues have been addressed.

However, a possibility of character data being broken due to the issues has been confirmed. To prevent any further damage, we have rolled the character data back to the data from Sep. 5, 2010 19:00 (PDT).
    In case the character was created on affected worlds after the above hour, an error message will appear when you select the character on character selection menu. To address this issue, please delete the character and create again.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Affected Worlds]
    - Cornelia
    - Kashuan
    - Gysahl
    - Mysidia
    - Istory
    - Figaro
    - Wutai
    - Trabia
    - Lindblum
    - Besaid

[Date & Time]

[Details]

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XIV

I am pissed because I was having a TON of fun on my conjy. Those SOE jerkfaces (since i prolly cant use the names i would liek to call them =p)

omfg so I finally got on last night and crafted and they rolled everythig back. fuck you SE.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Greg USN wrote: »

Status

[Affected Worlds]
    - Cornelia
    - Kashuan
    - Gysahl
    - Mysidia
    - Istory
    - Figaro
    - Wutai
    - Trabia
    - Lindblum
    - Besaid

[Date & Time]

[Details]

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XIV

omfg so I finally got on last night and crafted and they rolled everythig back. fuck you SE.

FFS it's a beta. They also had a glitch that corrupted characters forcing them to be rerolled. This is the entire purpose of a beta, to have this happen BEFORE release.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Greg USN wrote: »

Status

[Affected Worlds]
    - Cornelia
    - Kashuan
    - Gysahl
    - Mysidia
    - Istory
    - Figaro
    - Wutai
    - Trabia
    - Lindblum
    - Besaid

[Date & Time]

[Details]

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XIV

FFS it's a beta. They also had a glitch that corrupted characters forcing them to be rerolled. This is the entire purpose of a beta, to have this happen BEFORE release.

just frustrated man. i got on at like 3am and played till 430. leveled goldsmithing and weaving a bit. I never would have bothered if i knew they were going to roll back.

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So if you crash or lag out during a leve quest, you lose the ability to complete that one? Or at least it seems that way since I crashed during one and its greyed out now. Logging in right away with 20 mins left on it, and it wasnt active still.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited September 2010

You can't keep your physical level in line with your job they gain at different exp rates. Besides in order to be decent at your main job you'll need abilities from other jobs. Also crafting will net you physical exp as well.

As for your example. 1GLD/10 would have very nice stats (since your physical level determines your stats) and would only be useless in that you have few abilities to work with. But you could use the abilities of your other class as well.

So, my punches from my pugilist class will be available with a sword and board equipped?

That's kind of odd... Or did you mean that that empty bar below my action bar is available? Not sure when I'm going to get something for that...

Also, God the idea of crafting in this game sends shivers of horror down my spine. The ui is soooo terrible and unresponsive, the LAST thing I want to do is waste my time clicking through ui windows to craft wooden swords and linen leggings...

Is crafting required in this game? If so it may be the wrong game for me after all.

SparserLogic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Badwrong wrote: »
    So if you crash or lag out during a leve quest, you lose the ability to complete that one? Or at least it seems that way since I crashed during one and its greyed out now. Logging in right away with 20 mins left on it, and it wasnt active still.

You should be able to go back to where you got it and regain it. If you are in a party though you can pick up where you left off by accessing the crystal where you started the leve so long as others in your party still have it active.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Badwrong wrote: »

Yep. Try again in 48 hours.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
This discussion has been closed.