As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Kingdom Hearts - Re: Coded is out! Dream Drop Distance trailer is in!

• MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rent wrote: »

don't get the 2000, screen sucks

Great, I thought I was all set and now you have me doubting myself.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Apparently I can just re-download what I bought on a PSP-3000. I'm starting to think getting that PSPgo was a terrible fucking decision.

Edit: And of course everything I have saved on my current games will be gone if I re-download them. Arrrrrrgh.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Apparently I can just re-download what I bought on a PSP-3000. I'm starting to think getting that PSPgo was a terrible fucking decision.

prrrrretty much

VALVEjunkie on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yep
    MarioG wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »

don't get the 2000, screen sucks

Great, I thought I was all set and now you have me doubting myself.

psp2000-vs3000-screen-comparison.jpg

psp3000vs2000_14.jpg

psp-2000-vs-psp-30011.jpg

Rent on
  • Radikal_DreamerRadikal_Dreamer Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Edit: And of course everything I have saved on my current games will be gone if I re-download them. Arrrrrrgh.

Can't you just plug the Go into the computer, drag the saves off, then plug your new PSP into the computer and put them on that.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    See I didn't realize all Sony systems have the same downloading features, I thought the go was special in that regard.

Ugh, I'm going to BMt in mid-December so I guess I can splurge a little and enjoy myself before then but I'm still irritated about the whole thing. And I'm not sure this one game I want to play is worth the $150 but damn does that PSP-3000 bundle pack look nice.

Edit: Not really that computer savvy Dreamer but thanks for letting me know about that option, my dad could help me to figure it out.

wirehead26 on
    edited September 2010
    having owed four, one of every generation (besides Go), I would say that the PSP isn't really worth it as a device to own

but if you have to go with one, the 3000 is the way to go

Rent on
    edited September 2010
    See I also have a DSi, but honestly I'm getting a bit bored of that when I compare it to how nice PSP games look and the fact that I don't use the cam and sound feature much. Don't get me wrong DS has great games but I only have 3 at the moment and really I only play Dragon Quest 9 currently. I might just bite the bullet, trade in my Go, DSi, and 3 games for the KH BbS PSP bundle.

wirehead26 on
    edited September 2010
    Oh god, should I invest in a 3000? Why do you do this to me, Rent? Why?

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

edited September 2010
    See I didn't realize all Sony systems have the same downloading features, I thought the go was special in that regard.

Ugh, I'm going to BMt in mid-December so I guess I can splurge a little and enjoy myself before then but I'm still irritated about the whole thing. And I'm not sure this one game I want to play is worth the $150 but damn does that PSP-3000 bundle pack look nice.

Edit: Not really that computer savvy Dreamer but thanks for letting me know about that option, my dad could help me to figure it out.

Shouldn't really need to be savvy. Unless the go is wacky and different from the fat one that I have you should just be able to just go to settings and hit usb connection, plug in the usb cord into a computer, double click on the drive icon that comes up on your desktop (or in my computer, depending), and find the PSP save data (in the folder PSP, then SAVEDATA), and copy everything there to wherever on your computer. Then do the same thing with your new PSP except copy that data TO the SAVEDATA folder.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Dammit I don't see a USB port on the go unless I'm missing it.

wirehead26 on
    edited September 2010

I guess the Go has a proprietary port, so you'll have to buy or get a hold of Sony's official cable for that.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited September 2010

I guess the Go has a proprietary port, so you'll have to buy or get a hold of Sony's official cable for that.

OK I'm getting rid of this thing out of fucking principal.

Edit: OK just so I understand this, all the PS1 stuff I have on PSPgo I could have had on a 3000?

wirehead26 on
    edited September 2010

Edit: OK just so I understand this, all the PS1 stuff I have on PSPgo I could have had on a 3000?

yes

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited September 2010

yes

... And the regular PSP stuff like Chains of Olympus and GTA? Stuff I downloaded that is, non-UMD.

wirehead26 on
    edited September 2010

yes

... And the regular PSP stuff like Chains of Olympus and GTA? Stuff I downloaded that is, non-UMD.

Yep. Though you have to have a memory card in it big enough, and the Go starts with 16 gigs. If you get one in the bundle with the 3000 it isn't going to be 16 gigs.

Radikal_Dreamer on
    theincidentsig.jpg
    edited September 2010

yes

Yep. Though you have to have a memory card in it big enough, and the Go starts with 16 gigs. If you get one in the bundle with the 3000 it isn't going to be 16 gigs.

The 4 gig one the KH bundle comes with might be able to hold all my stuff, I haven't got that much and I can afford to lose a few things.

wirehead26 on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hooray, there are people who care about this.

I'm all set to pick it up in K-mart tomorrow with the $20 gift card I got from Other M. I'm psyched about it, even though I know nothing of how it actually plays. Did they really manage to cram a complete KHII experience in a UMD, or are there some cutbacks I'm not aware of (smaller levels, etc)?

I'm especially excited because it's the first KH game in like forever to not re-use the same damn areas from the first two games. Instead we get brand new worlds and enemies to fight, so saying that the game is deserving of being called Kingdom Hearts III seems certainly warranted.

It's just too bad there's only one FF cameo. Being a prequel, this seemed to be the perfect opportunity to elaborate on Cloud and Sephiroth's backstory.

Something that, yes, I do indeed care about. How couldn't I after seeing that awesome KHII cutscene?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I heard The Gooch is basically Kingdom Hearts Auron-like in this.

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    edited September 2010
    Also, I've been considering getting a 2nd PSP to use for....legitimate reasons.

It's been a bit of a pain to review PSP games from sites that give me direct download links when my firmware isn't up to date.

What pray tell is the cheapest price for a 3000 these days?

edited September 2010
    probably cheaper than getting a pspGO

Amazon is listing them at around 150-160 on the low end.

Beezel on
    edited September 2010
    I know it's short, but Traverse Town is still one of my favorite town themes ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dLcaymXzqw

Also, Nomura's stories are excellent.

You know why? Because they're not boring.

People fail to understand that just because something is well-written, it doesn't make it good.

edited September 2010
    So Nomura is basically Dean Koontz is what you're saying.

Beezel on
    edited September 2010
    I'm saying you're playing a game where you team up with Goofy and Donald in a battle against Sephiroth.

What more do you want!?

edited September 2010
    Hey.
    Hey.

Goofy and Donald are -hardcore-

Beezel on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hooray, there are people who care about this.

I'm all set to pick it up in K-mart tomorrow with the $20 gift card I got from Other M. I'm psyched about it, even though I know nothing of how it actually plays. Did they really manage to cram a complete KHII experience in a UMD, or are there some cutbacks I'm not aware of (smaller levels, etc)?

Yeah, most levels seem to be a bit smaller than most in KH2, sadly, but still, the game seems to be pretty good up to where I played, and three stories instead of one will probably make up for that fact in game time terms.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    edited September 2010
    Shorter levels is actually a positive, considering how barren many of KHII's areas were.

Also, it blows my mind that a statement like the one I posted above is so commonly accepted now. Talk like that during 1998 and you would most likely be lynched from the internet itself.

Edit: Also, as fan arrangements go, this is pretty darn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQKEZI_UhZI

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Xion's theme oh god.
    The worst part about playing 358/2 Days was the same problem with most midquels. While you didn't know the ending, you knew how everything was going to end up already if you played KH II.
    You knew there could be no happy ending. Xion disappears and Roxas gets trapped in a computer and Axel loses his only friend. You knew it all was going to happen from the very beginning, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You are destined to fail.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    edited September 2010
    TDawg wrote: »
    Xion's theme oh god.
    The worst part about playing 358/2 Days was the same problem with most midquels. While you didn't know the ending, you knew how everything was going to end up already if you played KH II.
    You knew there could be no happy ending. Xion disappears and Roxas gets trapped in a computer and Axel loses his only friend. You knew it all was going to happen from the very beginning, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. You are destined to fail.
    In many ways, it's an even bigger downer ending than CC.

CC's the better game though. By a lot.

edited September 2010
    Xion's theme oh god.

The ending to that game is brutal.
    Alright, my last week of summer! I hope we finally hit the beach! :cry:

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    What I want to know is if I really need to beat KH2 before playing this. Or 358/2.
    BbS's "true" ending spoils pretty much everything in KH2's ending. If you're going to play both games, for the love of God play KH2 first.

As for Days...all you need to know is this. We do not ever talk about the alleged game supposedly called "Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days". Ever.

Also,
    FUCKING TRANNY.

The Anonymous on
  • Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Thinking about getting this. The last game I played on my PSP was Lunar. Shame about the no download thing. The digital version of Lunar played so much better than the UMD one.

I just can't believe anyone would buy a Go. Why would you pay $80 more for a version of the system that does less?

Orochi_Rockman on
    edited September 2010
    Thinking about getting this. The last game I played on my PSP was Lunar. Shame about the no download thing. The digital version of Lunar played so much better than the UMD one.

I just can't believe anyone would buy a Go. Why would you pay $80 more for a version of the system that does less?

I was an idiot that's why, although I only paid around $130 for it. Right before work today I'm going to trade in my go and DSi for the KH PSP bundle though. Originally I was going to keep my DSi but I might as well start learing to accept loss due to me going to BMt in 3 and a half months. Plus I get more credit.

wirehead26 on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I dunno, it looks pretty cool and if any other company did it it would be a good idea

they've just screwed it up really badly

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Speaking of day 1 purchases, I'm fortunate enough to be living in a PAL country, so naturally I've got the Collector's Edition pre-ordered. Hopefully EB stocks memory sticks though, because I'm still on my 32MB stick and I've heard that a 600MB Data Install is the only way to go. :(

The Anonymous on
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MarioG wrote: »
    Xion's theme oh god.

The ending to that game is brutal.
    Alright, my last week of summer! I hope we finally hit the beach! :cry:

358/2 was so depressing for a game you already knew the ending to. You had this little bit of hope that maybe they would've done something with the story to at least make it sort of happy. They could change the plot if they wanted, it was their game! It didn't have to be sad right? Well guess what player. It DOES have to be horribly depressing in every way. So deal.

Gilder on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So what Disney worlds are in this one?

Hell, what Disney worlds are in 358/2? I need to get around to that one sometime.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    edited September 2010
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Hell, what Disney worlds are in 358/2? I need to get around to that one sometime.

Um...Agrabah, Wonderland, Neverland, Colosseum, Halloween Town, Twilight Town, Beast's Castle, The World That Never Was

Rent on
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    As for BbS:

Land of Departure (Original World)
    Radiant Garden (Original World)
    Keyblade Graveyard (Original World)
    Destiny Islands (Original World)
    Mirage Arena (Original World)
    Disney Town (Mickey Mouse & Friends)
    Olympus Coliseum (Hercules)
    Enchanted Dominion (Sleeping Beauty)
    Castle of Dreams (Cinderella)
    Deep Space (Lilo & Stitch... actually, it’s mostly just Stitch)
    Dwarf Woodlands (Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs)
    Neverland (Peter Pan)
    100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh)

Also, go here to see my take on this game.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So the DS one is kinda a retread while the PSP one goes into new territory.

And a Stitch world. Son of a bitch. I may have to buy a PSP for this.

Your summary of the previous games is pure awesome, by the way.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293