As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX - Ubisoft College Students Job Offer

ShrieveShrieve Game DesignerCaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
(Mods – I PM’d Moe to check if it was cool to post here)

Hey PAX-goers! So some of you might have seen my post over in the G&T forums about a month ago about a position at Ubisoft for US college students. Thread here for reference. I actually hired someone through my posting there and I'd like to try to bring on a few more forum-goers for this Fall; posting on campus job listings has been real spotty so far.

Meeting applicants in person is always preferable to email and phone-calls, so PAX sounds like a great opportunity to meet anyone interested in the position. In the spoiler below is the job description we posted on a number of campuses; if you meet the requirements and would like to apply, print out your resume and type up a cover letter and we'll chat during PAX. Just ask for Taylor at one of the (3!) Ubisoft booths during exhibition hours.

My hours at the booth are not entirely set in stone, so reply in this thread or by PM that you're interested and when you think you might stop by; it will help me figure out when I need to be available for interviews. Oh and a few things to clarify since they were asked multiple times in the other thread:
  • The position is for students in the United States only (sorry for those of you up North)
  • We are looking for current, actively enrolled college students
  • We are looking for major college markets, so don't take it personal if I pass over you since you're at a Community college or ITT tech
  • We already have several dozen 'College Reps' across the US and we do not want them to overlap with the Digital Reps; in other words there are some large schools we wouldn't be hiring at (ex: Berkeley, Ohio State, Univ of Arizona)
  • The majority of your time will be spreading news and running promotions through online networks, not demoing games on campus or handing out t-shirts at football games; that would be our College Rep position
  • The online networks we want the Digital Reps to focus on are sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Campus Event pages, local blogs, etc; people on Destructoid, PA forums, IGN already know about Ubisoft games and don't need you spamming them with something the already read in a blog post: you're reaching out to people who do not check up on game websites twice a day (like us... sigh)

Anyways hope to see you guys at PAX Prime!
Ubisoft College Digital Representative]
Job Description

Ubisoft, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking enthusiastic, tech savvy college students to work as online brand ambassadors on their college campus.

The Ubisoft Digital Representative Program is an initiative to generate brand awareness among college students by creating an online community for Ubisoft in top college markets. Digital representatives will push out Ubisoft news and announcements and engage students with Ubisoft brands through various social networking sites, campus websites, and online campus media resources. As a Ubisoft Digital Representative candidates will work as temporary employees who report remotely to a Ubisoft Promotions Manager. Ubisoft will supply representatives with all Ubisoft product information and assets for use online as well as occasional promotional giveaway items and games.

Responsibilities:
• Generate mass buzz and awareness around Ubisoft games through online promotions
• Build a database of valuable active online fans within your college market
• Drive traffic to various Ubisoft websites and social networking groups
• Continue to grow all online college networks through various promotions on a regular basis
• Create a detailed conversation calendar for key Ubisoft titles working with Ubisoft to receive exclusive content
• Facilitate and grow involvement in mini games and online contests provided by Ubisoft
• Post questions and topics that spark engagement and provide rewards for active fans to encourage valuable interaction on social networking sites
• Track success of online promotions and submit recap reports to Ubisoft
• Provide ongoing feedback to Ubisoft regarding online promotions and campaigns

Qualifications:
• Must be extremely active on all relevant social networking sites on a regular basis (Facebook and Twitter and various blog sites)
• Must have access to a large social network of students online
• Must be tech savvy
• Motivated, ambitious and creative approach to executing online promotions
• Excellent written communication skills
• Must be able to think of creative ways to engage and encourage dialog with college students online
• Large online following is a plus (Social Networking, blogs, etc.)

About Ubisoft
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through its strong and diversified lineup of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 26 countries and sales in more than 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated revenue of 1,058 million Euros for the 2008–2009 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.

FkbtS.png
Shrieve on

• Options
    SamJacksonSamJackson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PM'd

SamJackson on
  • Options
    ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Damn not being at a major college. Military wont pay for one. :( I have the followers, and I can get more easily.

I am sad.

ZeroHourHero on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Only reason I'd ever want to work at Ubisoft would be to have the opportunity to take a sledgehammer to their DRM servers.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    tektek meh... WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Only reason I'd ever want to work at Ubisoft would be to have the opportunity to take a sledgehammer to their DRM servers.

^

tek on
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you already have a resume completed and don't mind writing a paragraph about why you think you'd be a good fit for the position Zero, I would have no problem sitting down to chat. If you feel like you can reach a large number of college students, we might be able to work something out. The majority of applicants from small campuses haven't been great, but I might make an exception depending on what I can see.

And yeah, yeah, DRM: rabble, rabble, rabble, etc.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    I would be totally interested in this if I hadn't just graduated two weeks ago.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This would be super fun to do if I wasn't at med school now which is vastly smaller than undergrad colleges.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is it worth applying if I'll be graduating in December? I'm assuming you're looking for someone that'll actually be in college for a longer duration than just a few more months.

Lumenadducere on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    We're usually looking for someone who will be around until next Spring.

However, we have had people recommend a replacement for when they graduate, and passed the position on to them. If there's someone else at your school who would be reliable, interested, and experienced enough for the job, it may be something we could look into.

Considering your location I'm guessing UC Davis?

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yup, UC Davis. Graduating December 11th so the length of time I'd hold the position would be fairly short, and I don't know if I have anyone I'd be able to recommend as a replacement. It sounds like a great job, though, and I think it's absolutely fantastic that you're offering it - goodness knows I've had plenty of trouble finding an unpaid internship within the industry, let alone a paid job. If anyone out there is reading this thread and considering applying I'd highly recommend doing so.

Lumenadducere on
  • Options
    The Chop SueyThe Chop Suey Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    sign me up! :)

The Chop Suey on
  • Options
    GhandiGhandi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Portland State University here! Would love to do winter-whenever :3 if possible

Ghandi on
    xbl: Ghandi5
    steam: Nemesis_21
    origin: Ghandi5
    twitter: @maxaguirre5

RCTID
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey guys thank you for all the interest! Just an update for those who might stop by:

I should be around the booth during Exhibition hours the majority of Friday and Saturday. Like I said just stop by and ask for Taylor. Or you can try looking around for me as well. (check my FB page in my signature as a reference I guess)

Thanks again everyone!

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Thanks again to everyone I spoke to at PAX! It was a lot of fun holding interviews during the convention compared to over the phone.

And for anyone who might be interested in the position but was not able to meet with me for any reason, I can still conduct the usual interview process with you. If you think like you would be a good candidate PM me and I will send you my work email address for you to send your resume and cover letter.

Thanks guys!

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
This discussion has been closed.