As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Murder Most Phalla, a tale of Sherlock Holmes - VILLAGE WIN (Day 6)

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    kime wrote: »
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    I guess Demurist has been investigated by now, and no one is kicking up a fuss, so...

Dogbone

No. Bad train of thought. I do think we should trust Demurist... carefully. There are many scenarios in which no one would be speaking out against Demurist at this point:
    • The seer is dead
    • The seer did not target Demurist last night, either because they trust him, were roleblocked, redirected, etc
    • The seer wants a moutpiece to speak out against Demurist, but said mouthpiece does not exist yet/anymore
    • Demurist is a thrall

etc.

It's likely Demurist is safe, and that he was seered last night. But not guaranteed.

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear. I'm giving demurist some rope. If dogbone is good, we're going to have words tomorrow.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Demurist claimed a role that is still active in the game (mentioned in the narration).

No one else has stepped up to contradict him.

Therefore, it seems likely that he is who he says he is.

Plus, you're an outed baddie and we shouldn't even be listening to you, Jack.

Darian on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I guess Demurist has been investigated by now, and no one is kicking up a fuss, so...

Dogbone

No. Bad train of thought. I do think we should trust Demurist... carefully. There are many scenarios in which no one would be speaking out against Demurist at this point:
    • The seer is dead
    • The seer did not target Demurist last night, either because they trust him, were roleblocked, redirected, etc
    • The seer wants a moutpiece to speak out against Demurist, but said mouthpiece does not exist yet/anymore
    • Demurist is a thrall

etc.

It's likely Demurist is safe, and that he was seered last night. But not guaranteed.

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear. I'm giving demurist some rope. If dogbone is good, we're going to have words tomorrow.

It was directed to the village as a whole, not you specifically.

Darian: MUAHAHAHA, you can't stop me! 'sides, apparently I didn't post my reveal in flashy enough colors, no one else noticed. I will survive to the end and misdirect the village the entire time!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Demurist claimed a role that is still active in the game (mentioned in the narration).

No one else has stepped up to contradict him.

Therefore, it seems likely that he is who he says he is.

Plus, you're an outed baddie and we shouldn't even be listening to you, Jack.

I agree with the points you have said here. I want to add that he also said he was roleblocked which would imply that his basis for vouching for daniant is a little mysterious.

durax on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    He also said he was masoned...

Darian on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Okay then, !Dogbone

durax on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm glad it seems we're at least somewhat skeptical of Demurist. I still feel like it could be a weird gambit by the mafia.

Something that's bothering me is why didn't the mafia kill him? It's possible he has a guardian, but it didn't seem like any kills were missing.

Another thing that's striking me is that if he IS telling the truth, and he's masoned with (at the very least) a vig, and a seer right from the start, possibly a guardian. That's a really powerful good guy network, which means that there are probably quite a lot of evils to make up for it.

I know someone (who I'm guessing helped check the phalla) mentioned this was a high-powered phalla, so arguably this lends credence to Demurist's claims.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    I'm glad it seems we're at least somewhat skeptical of Demurist. I still feel like it could be a weird gambit by the mafia.
    Why would they sacrifice Jdark to save demurist? I suppose he could have some special baddy power, but at best that gets them 1 bandwagon kill before we turn on him for asking us to vote out a villager/whore.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So everyone is just following the lead of someone that just says I did something? Let's say I'm mafia then what he is saying is that the mafia gets individual kills. If that is the case then there have been two mafia kills each night. We got rid of Jdark last night so if I am mafia then the mafia is gone?

Also if Demurist has a seer power himself (because what kind of special only gets a one time ability and nothing else) he also said he was roleblocked last night. He has not come out and said I was seered unless I've missed something.

This all seems rather spurious at best. How many specials can there be? Overpowered or not there have already been two special deaths. I am guessing Watson was the vig and his fiancee sounded like she was the seer from the narration.

Obviously the village is going to follow whatever it wants, but this is a lot of sheeping and little thinking.

Because I don't want to die unjustly I will throw a vote on Daniant

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Another thing that's striking me is that if he IS telling the truth, and he's masoned with (at the very least) a vig, and a seer right from the start, possibly a guardian. That's a really powerful good guy network, which means that there are probably quite a lot of evils to make up for it.

My sense of symmetry demands that the other pair of the masons also have a limited use power.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow. That was some pretty poor defending Dogbone. Not that you have much chance regardless but that wasn't very convincing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Agree with DA poor show on the defence Dogbone. In fact if you turn up as NOT mafia I'll be surprised.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Something that's bothering me is why didn't the mafia kill him? It's possible he has a guardian, but it didn't seem like any kills were missing.

Often the mafia will not target the network head for fear of losing their kill to a guard (since it's standard for the head to be guarded). This can sometimes lead to an interesting game of chicken where the network uses the guard for someone else, but runs the risk of the mafia taking a chance kill against the head. It's fun :P.

Also, we want a clear second place. It's always a good thing to have a clear second place.

I suggest myself :P.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Why would they sacrifice Jdark to save demurist? I suppose he could have some special baddy power, but at best that gets them 1 bandwagon kill before we turn on him for asking us to vote out a villager/whore.

Yeah, I agree, but honestly that's the only point that's really keeping Demurist from definitely being evil. jdark did have a bit of a bandwagon at the time, so maybe they figured it was too much of a gamble to have all the mafia try to start a new bandwagon on a completely different target, and they figured it'd be more worthwhile to sacrifice one of them to lend credibility to Demurist.

I am, however, perfectly willing to admit that is a bit far-fetched, and voting out Dogbone makes sense. I think we should probably be getting more information from Demurist, but waiting a day to see what happens makes sense.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Often the mafia will not target the network head for fear of losing their kill to a guard (since it's standard for the head to be guarded). This can sometimes lead to an interesting game of chicken where the network uses the guard for someone else, but runs the risk of the mafia taking a chance kill against the head. It's fun :P.

Also, we want a clear second place. It's always a good thing to have a clear second place.

I suggest myself :P.

Second place shouldn't matter, because order of operations states the vote comes first.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Yeah, I agree, but honestly that's the only point that's really keeping Demurist from definitely being evil. jdark did have a bit of a bandwagon at the time, so maybe they figured it was too much of a gamble to have all the mafia try to start a new bandwagon on a completely different target, and they figured it'd be more worthwhile to sacrifice one of them to lend credibility to Demurist.

I am, however, perfectly willing to admit that is a bit far-fetched, and voting out Dogbone makes sense. I think we should probably be getting more information from Demurist, but waiting a day to see what happens makes sense.

Also, please note that even if Dogbone is evil, Demurist is not cleared. If Demurist received the info from another player who has not seered him (possible, it's only day 3), then Demurist would have little choice but to pass it on or else risk the seer's suspicion. If he were mafia, he'd have to condemn Dogbone. Again, not likely, just something to keep in mind.

Akimbo: I've learned to always have second place. It doesn't hurt us, and sometimes hosts are mean.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Can I say with 100% certainty that dogbone is mafia? Absolutely not. I am told that he can kill, and his methods match that of the Moriarty gang. I would really like for this to be true, if not, someone has some explaining to do...

Consider this my test.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think you would all be much better chasing Daniant the ripper. I hope she mutilates you all.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Nah, we already know kime is the ripper. Thanks for trying, though.

Darian on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    !Dogbone

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    okay I revealed as the ripper DAYS ago

subtly. None of this brashness of these Americans

psh

kime stop trying to steal my thunder or I'll be forced to thrash you

dogbone, as I like to trust people who claim to be seers

if he dies evil, then +1 demurist, but I can't think of a situation where you'd know HOW he kills and in what style, but not know who he is

Raneados on
  • Options
    jimtopiajimtopia Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Retract daniant. Dogbone your attempt at defense fails to convince me of your innocence.

jimtopia on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    arrgh i will cut out your loins

Yeah, that was too subtle.

Darian on
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Let's give a round of applause for Dogbone, the world's most obvious mafia!

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah yeah. Well I will enjoy tormenting Watson AND his doxie in hell. That's right. I called for their deaths as well.

:evil:

There is no stopping this wagon now.

Does anyone want to know who dies tonight? BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Um...you?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well of course ME silly pancake man. I will be food for the hound.

However I will not be the only one feeding the worms.

I wish Holmes would come out and play though. Silly goose hiding behind everyone else.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    okay I revealed as the ripper DAYS ago

subtly. None of this brashness of these Americans

psh

kime stop trying to steal my thunder or I'll be forced to thrash you

YOU HAVE NOTHING ON ME

I TEAR, MUTILATE, AND RIP

RAWRRRR

Dogbone33 wrote: »
    Yeah yeah. Well I will enjoy tormenting Watson AND his doxie in hell. That's right. I called for their deaths as well.

:evil:

There is no stopping this wagon now.

Does anyone want to know who dies tonight? BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Not me, muahahaha!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have a crazy hunch about Dogbone.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Crazy ripper of cakes. You have a 1 in 16 chance of dying tonight. Hope you are well frosted. Hope you are ALL well frosted.

Ask Watson how efficient I am. Oh wait you can't.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Crazy ripper of cakes. You have a 1 in 16 chance of dying tonight. Hope you are well frosted. Hope you are ALL well frosted.

I can't die, I'm Jack the Ripper. I never die.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Yeah, I definitely have a feeling now. Something about this post just reeks of mafia to me. He's even got the standard evil boilerplate tactic of threatening our lives with a mafia kill. This is a good hunch, I think.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I know who lives and who dies. I will let you all know in a little over two hours.

Can you wait that long?

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    But we could die before then!

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If I can find my giant bottle of syrup and a fork you may be dead from my gluttony.

YUM

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    If I can find my giant bottle of syrup and a fork you may be dead from my gluttony.

YUM
    snack.png

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    You have competition. I'm pretty sure the hound wants my trachea tonight.

I will neuter that bastard first.

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    dogbone for mafia, see i knew i was right

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    tick, tock....

Dogbone33 on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Who are we putting in second place for the eventuality that Dogbone is actually Moriarty himself and can escape the vote?

Darian on