As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini] Murder Most Phalla, a tale of Sherlock Holmes - VILLAGE WIN (Day 6)

• Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Who are we putting in second place for the eventuality that Dogbone is actually Moriarty himself and can escape the vote?

BWUAHAHAHAHAHA wouldn't that just be the devil?

Dogbone33 on
    Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Obviously, we should put Kime, the Serial Killer in second.

Capfalcon on
  • Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    No don't threaten my favorite cake lover.

He just wants to rip and mutilate.

Oh and to make things complete Dogbone

Dogbone33 on

• DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think I might be better at this than the real Inspector Lestrade...not that there technically is a real Inspector Lestrade, but you know what I mean.

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Demurist wrote: »
    I think I might be better at this than the real Inspector Lestrade...not that there technically is a real Inspector Lestrade, but you know what I mean.

Tell me Inspector. Which whore will you be caught with tonight? You're a dirty boy aren't you?

Dogbone33 on

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This game needs a tabloid reporter role.

Capfalcon on
    edited September 2010
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

Tell me Inspector. Which whore will you be caught with tonight? You're a dirty boy aren't you?

What can I say? Lovin me some toffers!

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Dogbone33 wrote: »

What can I say? Lovin me some toffers!

Tsk, tsk. What WILL they say back at the yard? Respected inspector out whoring instead of catching those pesky criminals.

For shame.

Oh by the way did you remember to wear your iron underwear tonight?

Dogbone33 on

edited September 2010
    It's the final countdown! Did you all repent your sins?

For soon the body count goes up even more!

Dogbone33 on

• SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Vote closed. Narration will follow...

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited September 2010
    For shame the vote is closed and not one snarky parting shot. Silly geese all of you.

As your punishment you will have to wait for narration to know who dies. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH*cough* sorry dog hair in my throat HAHAHAHAHAHA

Dogbone33 on

• PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    not that there technically is a real Inspector Lestrade, but you know what I mean.
    As it turns out, the chief of police in the Commonwealth of Dominica is named Matthias Lestrade.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited September 2010
    Day 4 - Horrific Murders Continue

Headline News - Famed Reporter Murdered, Jack the Ripper Arrested! Murders Continue and London Bridge is Falling!
    by: The Editors and Langdale Pike (Posthumously)

Editor's Note- The story below contains fragments of the dying words of the brilliant reporter, Langdale Pike, RIP

It is with great sadness that the London Times must report the death of one of their own, Langdale Pike. Mr. Pike had run afoul of the Moriarty Gang and must have been silenced for information he took to the grave. The details of his death have been withheld out of respect for his peers and his family.

In other news, Inspector Lestrade was once again found in the company of a toffer. The Lady Sparkles Darian paid for the pleasure of the inspector's favor with her life. Sources inside Scotland Yard have confirmed the sniper kill with a small caliber bullet was the work of none other than Colonel Sebastian Moran, a known associate of Professor Moriarty. The shock of the sudden murder left the Inspector unable to act and the Colonel escaped before any other officers could arrive. It is believed the Inspector was the target of the assassination. Scotland Yard investigators are seeking the whereabouts of WIggins, a known associate of Sherlock Holmes, who was seen leading the Lady Darian to the Inspectors flat earlier that night.

Two more members of the Moriarty gang were found dead in the ironworks district. Dogbone33, known for his fetish for dog biscuits, was found savaged and mangled. Locals believe it is the work of a beast they are calling the Hound, after reputable witnesses saw a shaggy, wolf-like creature loping towards the slums. Jimtopia, the other goon of the Moriarty Gang, was found dead with his cock sliced off and stuffed into his own mouth and out a ragged slice through the throat. Inspector Bradstreet believed it to be the work of the Ripper and followed a trail into an abandoned warehouse.

Bradstreet's investigation into the brutal killing of prostitutes across the city struck gold late last night. Jack the Ripper was arrested by Inspector Bradstreet after a knockdown brawl that crossed rooftops, river docks, and every where in the streets. Swell gents and madams throughout the city breathed a sigh of relief, knowing their business and pleasure were spared further disaster and tragedy.

The Dead
    Dogbone33 (Moriarty Gang Member) - Savaged by what locals are calling the Hound
    jimtopia (Moriarty Gang Member) - Gutted and filleted like a fish, his cock shoved in his mouth
    Darian (Toffer) - Killed by a single shot with a small caliber rifle while servicing Inspector Lestrade
    Teucrian (Wiggins, Baker Street Irregular) - Discovered helping Sherlock Holmes by the Moriarty Gang. The whereabouts of the street urchin are unknown at this time
    Kime (Langdale Pike, London Times Reporter) - Beaten and bludgeoned to death, though he had enough time to scrawl out a few words for his final story
    DevoutlyApathetic (Jack the Ripper) - Arrested for crimes against humanity and depriving swell gents of their toffers

SkyCaptain on
    edited September 2010
    All pm's have been sent.

SkyCaptain on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    everyone went to bed as I get home, eh?

I'll have to amuse myself by writing a short monograph on the subject of blood spatter

"servicing inspecter lestrade" eh?

right under talk of cocks in mouths

skycaptain i see your game

in other news: that's a lot of goddamn dead specials in one turn, and i am DELIGHTED that wiggins was included in the game

the serial killer is out, taking a mafia with him

but we're still down some important roles

and Demurist +1

edit: oh wait toffer means prostitute
    shut up

Raneados on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shit, I forget the name of Moriarty's #2. Wasn't he a colonel who was a sniper though?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Colonel Sebastian Moran, had an air rifle, he was very high up there but i forget if he was Moriarty's #2

he was mentioned in the narration and Darian was killed by a small-caliber rifle that hasn't been in the narration before

edit: re-reading the narration it directly says Moran killed Darian

Raneados on
    edited September 2010
    So it does, I'm a slacker. I remember the story where he is introduced was a pretty good one.

enlightenedbum on
    edited September 2010
    OOOOoooOOOOOOOooo

Any messages for your Watson?

OOOoooOOoOOOO

Dogbone33 on

• AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sir Fabulous
    Raneados
    Capfalcon
    AkimboLegs
    Mr. D
    enlightenedbum
    daniant
    The Anonymous
    Durax
    PsychoLarry1
    Demurist

So we have 11 players, Holmes, Bradstreet, Moran, and Moriarty at the very least are among them. (edit:Forgot to mention Lestrade.)

It seems likely that Kime was the seer (or one of them, at least), so the network isn't like to grow any at this point. I guess I don't know if they got the seer results from last night

Postcounts (subtracting any made before PMs)

SirFab: 8
    Rane: 10
    Cap: 10
    Akimbo: 8
    Mr. D - 4
    ebum: 6
    dani: 6
    Anon: 20ish
    Durax: 6
    PLarry: 11
    Demurist: 15ish

Voting Day 1:

SirFab: Akimbo
    Rane: Ringo
    Cap: Toxic Toys
    Akimbo: ronrab
    Mr. D- kime
    ebum: Toxic Toys
    dani: abotkin
    Anon: kime
    Durax: ronrab
    PLarry: Sir Fab
    Demurist: PLarry1

addendum:
    known mafia vote patterns:
    Dogbone: Mr. D
    jdark:
    jimtopia: devoutlyapathetic

Day 2:

SirFab: jdark
    Rane: toxic toys
    Cap: jdark
    Akimbo: jdark
    Mr. D- dogbone
    ebum: rane
    dani: Teucrian->jdark
    Anon: Teucrian->Demurist->jdark
    Durax: capfalcon->
    PLarry: Demurist-> Mr. D
    Demurist: jdark

addendum:
    Dogbone: Demurist
    jdark: Teucrian -> Demurist->jdark
    jimtopia: Teucrian

Day 3:
    SirFab: Dogbone
    Rane: daniant->Dogbone
    Cap: Dogbone
    Akimbo: daniant
    Mr. D- Dogbone
    ebum: Dogbone
    dani: Teucrian->Dogbone
    Anon: daniant->Dogbone
    Durax: daniant->Dogbone
    PLarry: Dogbone
    Demurist: Dogbone

addendum:
    Dogbone: daniant->Dogbone
    jimtopia: daniant->Dogbone

People that voted Demurist before he came out:
    Anonymous
    PsychoLarry1
    (Dogbone)
    (jdark)

perhaps importantly - PsychoLarry didn't switch to jdark after Demurist's reveal, but switched to Mr. D. This might've been to hope that the bandwagon didn't switch to jdark?

People who jumped onto the jdark bandwagon only after he was already ahead (and after Darian posted his list of votes)
    Sirfabulous
    capfalcon
    anonymous
    daniant

With that, my vote is going to be for

The Anonymous

He has similar voting patterns as other mafia members, also this

jim: 6:01pm ->teucrian
    jdark: 6:17PM ->demurist
    anon: 6:26PM->demurist
    dogbone: 6:28PM->Demurist
    Psycholarry: 6:42PM->Demurist

normally I wouldn't think that mafia all voting together made any sense, but with jim, dog, and jdark all doing it within a few minutes of each other, it seems a little bit like a plan. I added PsychoLarry cause he has also popped up as suspicious.

Though knowing my luck I've probably pinged Holmes and Bradstreet.

AkimboLegs on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Akimbolegs because that is a long post to read

actually I read it and it makes sense but im a rebel

M.D. on
    edited September 2010
    I dunno. That post makes me think that you are Mr. Homes, Sir Akimbolegs. That's some pretty solid detective work.

I'm interested in hearing !T_A's story, though.

Capfalcon on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well then.

I'm voting The Anonymous.

Come on thread, look lively!

daniant on
    edited September 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    Come on thread, look lively!
    To be fair, some of us have our mouths too full to talk, if you know what I mean.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited September 2010
    This place is so quiet. I might as well come out with it now.

The Anonymous is responsible for the death of the whore who was pleasuring me last night. Which means that he is Moran. The bullet meant for me ended up plugging Darian instead. This mad man/buzz kill must be stopped!

Demurist on
    sig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    The Anonymous works then.

enlightenedbum on
    edited September 2010
    There's way too much whoring going on ITT.

daniant on
    edited September 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    There's way too much whoring going on ITT.
    Those are certainly words, but they don't make any sense together.
    !The Anonymous

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The Anonymous. I hope I don't need to explain.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited September 2010
    maybe I shouldn't play any more phallas until my work schedule is better

The Anonymous

Raneados on
    edited September 2010
    Tsk Tsk, 12 minutes left in the day and 2 of the 11 of us left haven't voted.
    Tsk...tsk

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited September 2010
    So, time to see the vote close, eh?

Capfalcon on
    edited September 2010
    Vote closed... narration will follow.

Sorry for the delay. Just got in to work.

SkyCaptain on
    edited September 2010
    No problem, it was just a slow day today. I was wondering if I missed some notice that the day close was postponed.

Capfalcon on
    edited September 2010
    Day 5 - Professor Moriarty Arrested!

Headline News - Professor Moriarty Arrested! Two Inspectors Slain in Shootout with the Moriarty Gang!
    by: Emik Kime

Breaking news! Professor Moriarty was arrested by Inspector Bradstreet today, who lost her life when Colonel Sebastian Moran and members of the Moriarty Gang attempted to break the Professor out. Inspector Lestrade was also slain in the shootout. Billy boys from the police reinforced the inspectors of Scotland Yard and drove off the Moriarty gang and quickly moved the Professor into a scure holding cell. Sherlock Holmes was also spotted at the scene, assumed to have been investigating the Professor's hideout.

The Hound claimed another victim last night as well. The Colonel was found sprawled out in an alley near the ironworks district. Investigators believe a bullet wound slowed him down and made him easy prey for the unnatural beast that has been stalking the streets of London. In other news, Scotland yard released the toffer Durax, after she was detained two nights ago by the late Inspector G. Lestrade. The mayor of London and many citizens have called for reform of the beleaguered department after the murderous and sordid events of the past week.

The Dead
    The Anonymous (Colonel Sebastian Moran) - Mauled and partially eaten by the Hound
    Sir Fabulous (Professor Moriarty) - Arrested by Scotland yard
    Demurist (Inspector G. Lestrade) - Slain in shootout
    Daniant (Inspector Bradstreet) - Slain in shootout

SkyCaptain on
    edited September 2010
    All pm's are out.

SkyCaptain on
    edited September 2010
    oOoOoOoOo
    That's right, who arrested Moriarty? Me baby!

Oh, I'm dead. So bittersweet.
    oOoOoOoOo

daniant on
    edited September 2010
    PsychoLarry

I'm glad to see Sir Fabulous was bad as well, that vindicates my line of reasoning even more.

AkimboLegs on
    edited September 2010
    I'm assuming there are probably two more banditos (would make 7 total), plus Irene Adler and Holmes?

Edited out some stuff, because I forgot about Jack the Ripper. 2 bad guys + Adler/Holmes makes sense for the remaining specials to me.

Anyway, my other guess would probably be Capfalcon, but that's got far less going for it than my previous hunches.

AkimboLegs on
    edited September 2010
    at this point I'm not even sure if Holmes is in this shindig, I could definitely see it being a giant tease and not including someone as him

which would be, frankly, hilarious

also why does everyone want to Include irene adler in everything

she was in like ONE story, and a short one at that

also: haha Emik Kime

also also: does this prove durax as village-aligned? It doesn't specifically say she's innocent, but it says she's a toffer. Some sort of delayed public seering?

Raneados on