As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition :

BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
rawr!

For the time between PAX Prime and East.

Events:

Sat Jan 15th:
Cabsy is in town and its MoeFwackys bday party
http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=17856001#post17856001

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
BigRed on

• SilentgreenSilentgreen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This is the continuation of "people who live in seattle" thread, and the party that was being planned therein.

This is the link for the facebook event for the get together on September 18th at Heleor's place.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149622411735358

Please sign up or message him if you are coming.

Silentgreen on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yup, first event is on the 18th, at my place. Please RSVP!

Heleor on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Heleor is a jerk for hosting events when I can't make it. What a jerk. It's like he's a jerk or something. ;-)

Houn on
    edited September 2010
    I'll hold more, don't worry. I'm paying for this place, I may as well abuse the amenities. :P

Heleor on
  • yabukasigiyabukasigi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    well my thread died :(

yabukasigi on
  • RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This thread is also a continuation of the discussions about the all day tabletop, LAN, and console gaming event in Seattle, now scheduled tentatively for the October 2nd. The facebook page for this event is http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=153200951374572. We may end up using the same location for the event on the 2nd, as for Heleor's event on the 18th. So I would encourage people planning on going to one event, to go to try and go to both!

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    You should post the link for Heleor event on my event's facebook page, tentitvely sceduled for October 2nd right now. That way, we could possibly get more people to both events :)
    This is the continuation of "people who live in seattle" thread, and the party that was being planned therein.

This is the link for the facebook event for the get together on September 18th at Heleor's place.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149622411735358

Please sign up or message him if you are coming.

Redwingedblackbird on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BigRed, it's about time. We're how many days past PAX Prime now? :p

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited September 2010
    This thread is also a continuation of the discussions about the all day tabletop, LAN, and console gaming event in Seattle, now scheduled tentatively for the October 2nd. The facebook page for this event is http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=153200951374572. We may end up using the same location for the event on the 2nd, as for Heleor's event on the 18th. So I would encourage people planning on going to one event, to go to try and go to both!

I would go to the tabletop thing, but sadly I don't know how to play. I still need to learn.

Silentgreen on
  • SashaSasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I would go to the tabletop thing, but sadly I don't know how to play. I still need to learn.
    It's okay, we can all teach :). (It's not like any of us know how to play all the tabletop games, anyway, so everyone is always learning.)

Sasha on
  • hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

this sounds epic!

hyrulehero96 on
    Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
    edited September 2010
    Sasha wrote: »

It's okay, we can all teach :). (It's not like any of us know how to play all the tabletop games, anyway, so everyone is always learning.)

I shall go then.

Silentgreen on
  • TranceAddictFoXTranceAddictFoX Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm gonna see what I can do about attending both of those. All depends on my work schedule. I pretty much had to cancel going to Warped Tour and Hempfest just so I could go to PAX (it was totally worth it btw). So I'm not sure if I could secure more time off so soon. I put maybe on both facebook pages and I'll update them to "yes" if I get the green light.

TranceAddictFoX on
  • AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aw, I was going to be all like, "Hey y'all I wanna come play in your reindeer games!" Then you go and make it the day I'm going to be moving.

I want to meet up with my Washington PAXers.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sigh... Totally takin a buddies girlfriend out to improv the 18th :( its her bday and she doesnt game so I cant subject her to nerdism. She may stab me.

Sarahstrasza on
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I could do the 18th. And I have some non-Forumers who may be interested in attending if this is open invite. We're usually hanging around playing Rock Band anyway on Saturday nights.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    beta_angel wrote: »
    BigRed, it's about time. We're how many days past PAX Prime now? :p

I was going to wait until I actually hooked my computer back up after PAX but moe made me make the thread earlier.

BigRed on
  • KaneKane Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm in for both barring any unforeseen events!

Kane on
    edited September 2010
    Enigmas wrote: »
    I could do the 18th. And I have some non-Forumers who may be interested in attending if this is open invite. We're usually hanging around playing Rock Band anyway on Saturday nights.

Since I'm not trying to stuff everyone into my room, it's definitely open invite! The more the better. :)

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    For the event on the 2nd... For now, we're still keeping the Sheraton Lobby/hotel room as the primary idea for the tabletop and console gaming. But the apartment complex party/media/conference rooms would be better, so we'll continue to look into holding it there. I would like to start getting a list of what games those who are interested plan on bringing? This is especially necessary with the console gaming, since we will need consoles, monitors/TV's, network cables, one or more hubs, and several copies of whatever games we want to play. We don't need xbox live to play, just then gear to system link. I've never done system link play with PS3, but I assume it's a similar set up. We're not sure yet if we can do a LAN, since the power usage may cost more if we do it the apartment venue mentioned above. But team fortress 2 is pretty cheap for xbox, so we wouldn't need a LAN to play that game. So if everyone could post what they intend to bring, then I can consolidate the lists and post it here and on the facebook page for all to see.

Redwingedblackbird on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've got Orange Box for 360, as well as on my Lappy, so I can bring both. As for Tabletop, take your pick, I've Munchkin and Star Munchkin (Each with a few of the expansions.) I also have Munchkin Quest and it's lovely expansion. Also, if people are willing to throw down some RP, I've got 4e, Dark Heresy, and for something a lot more light-hearted and less intensive, Paranoia. :mrgreen:

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How much is power for said event?

BigRed on
    edited September 2010
    I have no idea. They didn't say there was any extra charge, but I'm still wary of doing full setup, especially since they only allow reserving for 24 hours.

Heleor on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I hate this thread.

Anyone interested in Taco Poker?

Azazel on
    edited September 2010
    Azazel wrote: »
    I hate this thread.

How do you play Taco Poker?

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited September 2010
    Matev wrote: »
    Also, if people are willing to throw down some RP, I've got 4e, Dark Heresy, and for something a lot more light-hearted and less intensive, Paranoia. :mrgreen:

Oooo, RPGs, me likey. I have Kobalds Ate My Baby!, which I've been looking to run for a while.
    I'd also be interested in Paranoia. There are so many indie ones I've been jonesing to try.

Enigmas on
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

• RisiaRisia Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm a total forums lurker, but I'm also an Eastside resident and want to get to know my fellow Seattle PAX folks better. I've tentatively signed up for the LAN/Tabletop event.

I can bring Carcassonne (the big box) and Monty Python Fluxx.

I'd love to play other tabletop & RPG games (especially like to try Paranoia!).

Risia on
    edited September 2010
    Also, if people are willing to throw down some RP, I've got 4e, Dark Heresy, and for something a lot more light-hearted and less intensive, Paranoia. :mrgreen:

Oooo, RPGs, me likey. I have Kobalds Ate My Baby!, which I've been looking to run for a while.
    I'd also be interested in Paranoia. There are so many indie ones I've been jonesing to try.

From what I read of Kobolds, it'd be hilarious to try.

I <3 Paranoia so much. My favorite way of describing it is "The Marx Brothers and the 3 Stooges get jobs in Orwellian London.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited September 2010
    I hate this thread.

I hates yooooou.

(Why are we hating on each other again?)

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    I <3 Paranoia so much. My favorite way of describing it is "The Marx Brothers and the 3 Stooges get jobs in Orwellian London.

Yes. This, so much so.

Enigmas on

edited September 2010
    Well... this is only supposed to be a 24 hour event anyway. I don't think we would get banks of PC's... We've already got 13 atendees and 7 maybes... But I want to be on the safe side and assume only half of the people that RSVP as attending will actually show, because I know stuff happens and people have to drop out of events sometimes. So I don't think we're going to get more than 5-10 computers if we did do a LAN. People are alreadly intersted in this without LAN being for sure. I just want to have all 3 gaming worlds there, if possible. So people can switch instead of playing one type of games all day. So how would I go about reserving some of those rooms? Or do you have to be a resident of the apartment to do that?

Heleor wrote: »
    I have no idea. They didn't say there was any extra charge, but I'm still wary of doing full setup, especially since they only allow reserving for 24 hours.

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    You have to be a resident to reserve things, which is the only reason it's so cheap.

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    I figured that would be the case... which means we would need someone who lives there to reserve it. Do you pay the deposit in cash, card, check? And when do you pay the deposit?

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    I'll thinking of bringing my Laptop for PC gaming and my Xbox with the flollowing games: Halo 3, Bioshock 2, Ghostbusters, Gears of War 2, Modern Warfare 2, Rockband 2, and the possibly the Orange Box and Halo Reach if I buy them before then. I also have 3 controllers and can probably bring a guitar for Rockband.

AS for tabletop games, I was thinking of bringing Axis & Allies Pacific, and buying Battlestar Galactica.

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    For the BBQ I'd prefer it to be a more social thing - I'd rather people didn't set up their computers, but obviously I wouldn't stop them.

Tabletops are what I'm hoping people bring lots of!

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    That's what I figured... you're just looking for basically an evening get together to hang out and socialize over tabletop games, that don't require extensive set up... not a whole day an dnight of gaming, like I am. So setting up computers wouldn't be worth it. I should be able to show, and I'll bring a couple table top games in addition to some food item to contribute.
    For the BBQ I'd prefer it to be a more social thing - I'd rather people didn't set up their computers, but obviously I wouldn't stop them.

Redwingedblackbird on
  • kiiilekiiile Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Count me in for Paranoia too. Been wanting to play ever since I heard about it.

kiiile on
    edited September 2010
    kiiile wrote: »
    Count me in for Paranoia too. Been wanting to play ever since I heard about it.

Excellent~! The Computer always needs new su- I mean, Troubleshooters....:mrgreen:

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited September 2010
    That's what I figured... you're just looking for basically an evening get together to hang out and socialize over tabletop games, that don't require extensive set up... not a whole day an dnight of gaming, like I am. So setting up computers wouldn't be worth it. I should be able to show, and I'll bring a couple table top games in addition to some food item to contribute.

Yup! I'm not saying LAN parties aren't fun - but they need to be organized with more than a week and some change in advance.

Heleor on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I hate this thread.

Yes, and I'd better be able to go this time. >.<
    Wait, wasn't it pancakes or something last time?
    I'm confused. Like a Haiku but not.

MetaverseNomad on
This discussion has been closed.