As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Acquisitions Incorporated gave us the bug

ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
My fiancée and I have been interested in playing D&D for awhile now, but the panel at PAX really put the bug in us. We could always play together, but it would be a lot more entertaining if we were part of a group. We're in NOVA, but being transplants, neither of us knows anyone outside of our respective offices. How can we go about finding people to play with? Weekend meetings would be awesome, but we don't really have time to start until after the wedding next month.

Any advice?

Artereis on

• Options
    Spokane_SnowManSpokane_SnowMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Find out if your town has a comic/game shop.

Most will run different games almost every day of the week.

Even if they don't, it would be a great place to throw up a flyer saying your looking for people to game with.

Spokane_SnowMan on
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think a comic/game shop is a good idea. There are also websites for it. I remember some webcomic putting up a link to a cleverly named website specifically for finding a tabletop group, but I don't remember it. In briefly trying to find it I came across this, which looks promising but I can't vouch for.

Red Raevyn on
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pen and Paper games is a good resource for finding folks in your area to play.

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    janesongjanesong Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    My husband and I have also caught the bug. Thanks for the links above. We don't know of anyone who would want to join us locally in the Vancouver BC area.

I just started listening to the podcasts as I am totally new to this world. It is awesome to experience this new game with Mike.

janesong on
This discussion has been closed.