As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Murder Most Phalla, a tale of Sherlock Holmes - VILLAGE WIN (Day 6)

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    PsychoLarry

I'm glad to see Sir Fabulous was bad as well, that vindicates my line of reasoning even more.
    I realize I'm a biased source here, but you're only killing a villager when you kill me. With only 7 of us and presumably 3 kills per night (vig, mafia, vote) I wouldn't recommend killing me because I didn't vote for jdark before he was confirmed bad guy.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    at this point I'm not even sure if Holmes is in this shindig, I could definitely see it being a giant tease and not including someone as him

which would be, frankly, hilarious

also why does everyone want to Include irene adler in everything

she was in like ONE story, and a short one at that

also: haha Emik Kime

also also: does this prove durax as village-aligned? It doesn't specifically say she's innocent, but it says she's a toffer. Some sort of delayed public seering?

Holmes talks about Adler a lot in other stories. Yeah it's possible she isn't in this, but it seems like a lot goes on every day behind the scenes, plus we know it's a 'high-powered phalla' so it's just sort of a guess.

The thing about Holmes is that it seems like the good guys have an idea of who is doing stuff to kill people? Demurist's orders seem to indicate they know who is killing, and in what method. I don't recall him ever coming out saying "so-and-so is mafia", he instead said stuff like "so-and-so killed using the moriarty gang method". That reeks of a Holmes power, to me.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    PsychoLarry

I'm glad to see Sir Fabulous was bad as well, that vindicates my line of reasoning even more.
    I realize I'm a biased source here, but you're only killing a villager when you kill me. With only 7 of us and presumably 3 kills per night (vig, mafia, vote) I wouldn't recommend killing me because I didn't vote for jdark before he was confirmed bad guy.

I'm going on what I perceive to be the best lead. If you have a better lead, I'll listen, but I'd rather have some evidence than none at all.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    is rane clear, cause i like voting for rane

M.D. on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i know you do, Defecation

i know you do

I don't work fridays so I'll be up and about today, with some luck

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    my guess is capfalcon and or durax

also raneados I believe has never actually been evil

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

The narration seems to indicate durax is a villager. Why do you think otherwise?

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Psst.
    SkyCaptain wrote: »
    In other news, Scotland yard released the toffer Durax, after she was detained two nights ago by the late Inspector G. Lestrade.

Also, I was the second person to vote for T_A yesterday. Obviously a mafia move. I am curious about your reasoning for thinking I'm evil.

Let's go through the list.

3 - Raneados
    11 - Capfalcon
    14 - AkimboLegs
    15 - Mr. Defecation
    18 - enlightenedbum
    21 - durax
    22 - PsychoLarry1

If Akimbolegs is mafia, he's the worst mafia ever by outing a mafia member with pretty solid reasoning.

Durax is vindicated by narration, as shown above.

So, that leaves us with

3 - Raneados
    11 - Capfalcon
    15 - Mr. Defecation
    18 - enlightenedbum
    22 - PsychoLarry1

Now, let's [strike]steal[/strike] UPDATE akimbolegs' detective work with this smaller list and known mafia.

Voting Day 1:
    Rane: Ringo
    Cap: Toxic Toys
    Mr. D- kime
    ebum: Toxic Toys
    PLarry: Sir Fab

addendum:
    known mafia vote patterns:
    Dogbone: Mr. D
    SirFab: Akimbo
    jdark:
    jimtopia: devoutlyapathetic
    Anon: kime

Day 2:
    Rane: toxic toys
    Cap: jdark
    Mr. D- dogbone
    ebum: rane
    PLarry: Demurist-> Mr. D

addendum:
    Dogbone: Demurist
    jdark: Teucrian -> Demurist->jdark
    jimtopia: Teucrian
    SirFab: jdark
    Anon: Teucrian->Demurist->jdark

Day 3:
    Rane: daniant->Dogbone
    Cap: Dogbone
    Mr. D- Dogbone
    ebum: Dogbone
    PLarry: Dogbone

addendum:
    Dogbone: daniant->Dogbone
    jimtopia: daniant->Dogbone
    SirFab: Dogbone
    Anon: daniant->Dogbone

People that voted Demurist before he came out:
    Anonymous
    PsychoLarry1
    (Dogbone)
    (jdark)

To me, day 2 is particularly telling. PsychoLarry1 changed his vote off of Demurist like a good little villager, but didn't put it on jdark. Also, while not posted (largely because almost everyone voted for T_A!), on Day 4, Psycholarry voted for T_A after four votes were placed on him AND the network had damned him.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The evidence points to !psychoLarry1 though I do think Rane has been unusually non-interactive this game.

durax on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    !psycholarry also strikes me as the best lead.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    WORDS WORDS HAMS PSYCHOLARRY

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Suit yourselves, but you're wrong. Not that it matters, but I throw out a vote for enlightenedbum because why not.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Do you have any evidence to support the accusation of someone else?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Do you have any evidence to support the accusation of someone else?
    I'll admit that you and Akimbo make a pretty compelling case. If I weren't me, and therefore knew I was innocent, I'd probably vote for me too. I don't have and evidence per se, but let's see what I can come up with.

3 - Raneados
    11 - Capfalcon
    [strike]14 - AkimboLegs[/strike] Would have to be pulling of a hell of a xanatos gambit
    15 - Mr. Defecation
    18 - enlightenedbum
    [strike]21 - durax[/strike] Not cleared, but less likely
    [strike]22 - PsychoLarry1[/strike] I know I'm not evil

The thing I notice is that Rane voted for Daniant along with 3 of the mafia before switching to Dogbone (but so did Akimbo Legs and Durax). This could be a mafia attempt to push a bandwagon before momentum built for Dogbone, much like they did with Teucrian on day 2.

Beyond that it's a bit of a crap shoot. Everyone's votes are all over the place on day 1 and 2 and after that it's pretty much a solid block vote. You could argue that The_Anon and Mr. D both voted for Kime on day one, but Dogbone voted for Mr. D so that's not especially conclusive. Mr. D also didn't go along to vote for the_Anon last night.

It's pretty thin, but I reread the thread, and there's not much else to go on. Most of the survivors have been so quiet there's no real suspicious posts to use beyond vote patterns.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    durax wrote: »
    The evidence points to !psychoLarry1 though I do think Rane has been unusually non-interactive this game.

:x

for the last few weeks I've been working 2pm - 1am EST mon-thurs, with the occasional day on saturday or sunday

I've been threatened with firing several times, so I've been a little busy freaking out outside of that

and I am seriously not a morning person so i rarely post before going to work

unless I've been planning to be mafia several weeks before I was mafia :V

psycholarry

is there anyone left who WAS in contact with the network? And if there's a current network, even better! Even as villagers? I mean obviously don't come forward publicly, or even privately without seerings, as that'll paint you a huge target, but you kinda have the most info right now

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I've never started a game as evil mafia, I don't think

I got converted once

and last game I was in, i was spider jerusalem, but that's the good side, and I'll hit you if you say otherwise

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Welp, that's that then. Good luck finding the last baddy/baddies guys.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Vote closed... narration to follow.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Day 6 - Moriarty Gang Members Take Revenge
    News Briefs
    by: Emik Kime

The leaderless members of the Moriarty Gang struck out blindly, ending the lives of two more whores in the ironworks districts. Elsewhere in the city, another toffer was found mangled and torn apart by the Hound. Citizens are encouraged to travel in twos and threes at sunset, an hour or so before the curfew at night.

The Dead
    PsychoLarry1 (Toffer) - Torn apart and mangled by the Hound
    Durax (Ladybird) - Shivved with a screwdriver
    AkimboLegs (Dollymop) - Beaten and left in an alley

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    before i head off to work, I have to vote

I didn't want to be first, but I won't be back until like 30 minutes before vote close and that's too stupidly late

Okie dokie. This is the last night, guys, we need to hit the last mafia tonight. According to last night's narration, they're still hitting 2 people a day

3 - Raneados
    11 - Capfalcon
    15 - Mr. Defecation
    18 - enlightenedbum

that's all of us

I think Capfalcoln is safe. He's not throwing off a bad vibe and I can't really find anything that would suspect him

Enlightenedbum has voted for me before, but that's not a reason to grudge him, it's too late for that sort of thing. Next game, though!

Mr. Defecation has continually light-heartedly posted about the game. It's not really damning by itself, and it's kinda his thing, but he's also basically ignored all evidence and just thrown his vote away some times. He's subtly accused a few people, and he just sort of genially nudged suspicion here and there

dogbone voted for Mr. D very early on, again, almost haphazardly, which seems like a good way to try to establish credibility with the least amount of risk of getting his fellow mafia bandwagoned, just in case if even came down to it. In this case it has!

Capfalcoln, I will say if you've put that much trouble into seeming innocent and you turn out mafia, I will absolutely be impressed :/ kinda

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, here's the thing.

Mr. D isn't evil. Mr. D is simply a prostitute. How do I know this?

It's elementary...
    At this, the "woman" whips off his wig and shawl.

arthur-conan-doyle-sherlock-holmes.jpg

So, that leaves us with Ebum and Raneados. There is not nearly enough time remaining to conduct a proper investigation, so we must gather what scant evidence we have. I personaly lean towards !Ebum.

Why, you ask?

...Honestly, I don't have irrefutable evidence. However, I'm inclined to view Raneados' Day 3 dani vote as a villager who is trying really hard to use their vote well. Ebum doesn't really seem to be voting seriously, what with poor reasons and late votes after bandwagons have long since been decided.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rane is evil!

first off I voted for dogbone day 2, I also had no idea dogbone voted for me day 1.

anyhow, Sherluck hams is here now

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    A little over four hours to vote close...

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    well since he says hes holmes and knows im a hooker ill vote ebum

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i still think rane is evil cause now he's trying to associate me with dogbone out of the blue which no one has attempted till now to get votes rollin

has he been this active behind voting?

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I think Mr. D is the right choice. I'm just your average every day street prostitute.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I think Mr. D is the right choice. I'm just your average every day street prostitute.

So, you don't really care that I'm Sherlock, and I investigated him, right?

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sorry, I didn't hit the spoiler. Than it's !Raneados

I'm tired and exhausted and in a football coma.

Woooooo Denard Robinson.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    work is poop

always remember that

I am RIDICULOUSLY not convinced ebum is the last baddy. Because that means my mafia-radar sucks and that I suck. Mr D I hope you can forgive me

Cap, I am glad you're around, even if my thoughts are wrong

my only regret is that I was not sherlock holmes, because i love him more than all of you combined

enlightenedbum

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    !Raneados

Clarification denied my ass!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Weee! No ninja!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Vote is closed... narration to follow.

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh man

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, it's down to whatever the tie mechanic is, unless Sherlock is really Moriarty.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    moriarty already died, so it looks like the village wins!

enlightened you are the worst badguy ever

edit: hmm

edit edit: wait isn't this a 2-way tie between myself and enlightenedbum?

cap i hope you haven't completely fucked the village or i am pretty sure several people will be quite cross with you

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, my view is that I had a 50/50% chance. I was really torn between the two of you.

So, if it was a random person died to the vote, it was the about the same odds. If both of you die, everyone wins!

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oooOOOooo
    Regardless, I think it's the epitome of game balance when it all comes down to the wire like this.
    Good Show!
    oooOOOooo

durax on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    that's true!

although one of these days I would much enjoy surviving a phalla

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Day 6 - Moriarty Gang Disbanded! Dr. Watson Lives!
    by: Emik Kime

The Hound caught the last of the Moriarty Gang with his trousers around his ankles. Raneados and Enlightened Bum, a high priced toffer, were found mauled, eaten, and torn apart by the Hound. Raneaods sacrificed the ladybird for a brief attempt at freedom... but the Hound quickly chased down the pantless gang member in front of several witnesses. The black, shaggy creature, bigger than a horse, raced off into the night after the death of Rane.

In other news, Sherlock Holmes has announced the miraculous recovery of Dr. Watson, whose death had been faked to safeguard his life against further attacks by members of the Moriarty gang.

The Dead
    enlightenedbum (Toffer) - Mauled and partially eaten by the Hound
    Raneados (Moriarty Gang Member) - Chased down and slaughtered by the Hound

The Citizens of London Win!

Capfalcon (Sherlock Holmes)
    Mr. Defecation (Prostitute)

SkyCaptain on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Name: Sherlock Holmes (Capfalcon)
    Faction: Citizen, Protagonist
    Abilities: Deductive Reasoning, Mason

Deductive Reasoning: Once each night, you can select a player and learn their identity based on observation and interaction.

Mason: You are masoned with Dr. Watson (Notch).

Win Condition: Remove Professor Moriarty and his criminal gang from the city by any means before they take over the streets.

Name: Dr. Watson (Notch)
    Abilities: Defend, Mason

Defend: Once each night, you can select a player other than yourself and prevent them from being killed, wounded, or arrested.

Mason: You are masoned with Sherlock Holmes (Capfalcon).

Engaged to Mary Morstan: If Mary Morstan is removed from the game, you lose your ability to defend others.

Win Condition: Remove Professor Moriarty and his criminal gang from the city by any means before they take over the streets.

Name: Mary Morstan (ronrab)
    Abilities: Connections

Connections: If you're arrested by Scotland Yard, you can use your connections to Dr. Watson and high society to get out of jail. However, your name and role will be revealed in the narration.

Engaged to Dr. Watson: If you are removed from the game, Dr. Watson will be inconsolable with grief and will be unable to use his ability for the rest of the game. If Dr. Watson is removed from the game, you gain his ability to defend others using your connections, but only for yourself and Sherlock Holmes.

Name: Langdale Pike, reporter for the London Times (kime)
    Faction: Citizen, Reporter
    Abilities: Investigate, Narrate

Investigate: Once each night, you can select a player and investigate them to find out if they used an ability to kill another player in the game.

Narrate: Once per game, you may add to the narration before it is posted and accuse someone of being Jack the Ripper. If you're wrong, you're removed from the game in disgrace for libel. This action takes place before any other actions. Each night, you may also add a nonsense news blurb to the narration, but it cannot contain any relevant information regarding the game. This is just an opportunity for you to have fun with the role.

Win Condition: Reveal the identity of Jack the Ripper in the narration before he's killed or before Sherlock Holmes or Scotland Yard captures him.

Name: Wiggins (Teucrian)
    Faction: Citizen, Baker Street Irregular
    Abilities: Streetwise

Streetwise: Once each night, you and your army of street urchins can select two players. Any action that targets one player is targeted against the other player and vice versa.

Name: Inspector G. Lestrade (Demurist)
    Faction: Citizen, Scotland Yard
    Abilities: Detain, Mason

Detain: Once per game, you may select one player to detain for questioning for 24 hours. The selected target may not vote or take any actions on the following day. On the day after that, the target is released from custody and their identity is revealed in the narration. If you detain Sherlock Holmes or Dr. Watson, you will be removed from the game in disgrace.

Mason: You are masoned with Inspector Bradstreet (daniant).

Win Condition: Remove Professor Moriarty and his criminal gang from the city by any means.

Special Win Condition: Arrest Professor Moriarty and any current members of the Moriarty Gang before before Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson can reveal the Professor's identity.

Name: Inspector Bradstreet (daniant)
    Faction: Citizen, Scotland Yard
    Abilities: Arrest, Mason

Arrest: Once each night, select one player to be arrested and thrown into jail, whether or not the charges they're accused of are true.

Mason: You are masoned with Inspector G. Lestrade (Demurist).

Win Condition: Remove Professor Moriarty and his criminal gang from the city by any means.

Special Win Condition: Arrest Professor Moriarty and any current members of the Moriarty Gang before before Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson can reveal the Professor's identity.

Name: Professor Moriarty (Sir Fabulous)
    Faction: The Moriarty Gang, Antagonist
    Abilities: Mastermind, Research

Mastermind: Once each night, you may use your network of contacts to prevent one player from using their ability that night.

Research: Once each night, you may select one player and learn their hidden faction.

Win Condition: Defeat the Protagonists and Scotland Yard and outnumber the remaining Citizens.

The Gang: Sir Fabulous, The Anonymous, jimtopia, Dogbone33, jdarksun, Raneados

Name: Colonel Sebastian Moran (The Anonymous)
    Abilities: Defend, Snipe

Defend: Once each night, you can select a player other than yourself and prevent them from being killed, wounded, or arrested.

Snipe: Once per game, you can select one player and remove them from the game using your signature "air rifle". This attack is unblockable, however... your role name (not forum name) will be revealed in the narration after you use this ability.

Win Condition: Defeat the Protagonists and Scotland Yard and outnumber the remaining Citizens.

Name: A Goon in the Moriarty Gang (jimtopia, Dogbone33, jdarksun, Raneados)
    Abilities: Mob

Mob: Once each night, any surviving Goons can select two targets to be removed from the game.

Name: Jack the Ripper (DevoutlyApathetic)
    Faction: Serial Killer (You will be seered as a Citizen)
    Abilities: Murder

Murder Most Foul: Once each night, you may target one player and remove them from the game. This attack is unblockable by guards.

Win Condition: Murder (not vote out) three prostitutes and survive to the end of the game. You lose if the reporter for the London Times puts your identity in the Narration.

SkyCaptain on