As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Let's Play] Fallout 3 - DLC: Point Lookout: All sets!

• atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    youtube wrote:
    Failed (unable to convert video file)

hmm, that's a new one, will have to re-upload later, don't have a copy with me.

atat23 on
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's a lot of teddy bears...

Craigopogo on
    edited August 2010
    I've been finding at least one per set, who ever was in charge of placing the random Misc items everywhere was obviously fond of teddy bears.

I must have shown about 18 hours of playtime here but the time on my save is 24 hours iirc, the difference comes from a lot of selling items, getting rid of pre-war books and scrap metal, I shudder to think how much of that actually comes from the time it took to set up all those teddies so they're all sitting neatly. I mean the physical manipulation of items outside of the inventory it a bit of a nightmare. :D

atat23 on
    edited August 2010
    I've always felt that one of the things Bethesda did really well was portraying the various denizens of the wasteland as some kind of insane. Nice to see you keeping up that tradition :)

Craigopogo on
    edited August 2010
    pfft, I'm not insane, at least that's what the Teddy bears tell me anyway :P

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    ok, finally got around to fixing set 19 part 3, sorry for the delay!

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    short on the updates this week (blame Minecraft), I'll hopefully be back to full form next week:

Set 20: Big Trouble with Small Mines

atat23 on
  • NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh god fights with overlords are just so awkward and funny

all three of you just looking each other in the face and holding down the trigger from less than 5 feet until one of you falls down

Nuzak on
    edited September 2010
    they just take too much damage, the gatling laser did practically nothing!

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    Also update!

Set 21:Nuka Threesome

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    Maybe it's all the quests that have made me way over powered?

Set 22:Reilly's Retardation

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    1 step closer to having to do the main quest line.

Set 23: Got Wood?

atat23 on
  • Re: nholderRe: nholder Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is the best quest.

It really makes me wish they would've added more trees and greenery. The engine really does show color incredibly well.

I'm also enjoying how often you're updating. WELL DONE GOOD SIR.

Re: nholder on
    edited September 2010
    well, on the topic of updates:

Set 24: DISHing Out Damage

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    That is the best quest.

It really makes me wish they would've added more trees and greenery. The engine really does show color incredibly well.

It really is the best, It seemed really short since I knew what to expect though. It would have been amazing if they had of had some DLC centered just around the oasis, like Herbert/bob/harold had pollinated and given other trees across the wasteland consciousness or something, that's just me grasping for a longer oasis quest though.

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    back to the main quest line:

Set 25: Games Inside Games

atat23 on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    atat23 wrote: »
    back to the main quest line:

Set 25: Games Inside Games

Unsettling German scientist inside little girl body is unsettling.

I absolutely love this LP. I had virtually no prior knowledge of this game until I started watching this and now I am considering buying a copy or borrowing my friend's. Your doing a great job with this, atat. And you seem to have a set up every day!

Keep it up, can't wait to see more.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited September 2010
    thanks Corehealer, alway nice to hear that someone's enjoying it!

You really should try and play it though, the LP doesn't do it justice, a big part of the enjoyment in Fallout 3 is the exploring, seeing an interesting looking building in the distance and fighting your way across the wasteland to explore/loot it. Also because of time I'm rushing through logs and the information on terminals and the like, there's a butt load of little back stories to each place. It's just awesome[/fanboy]

I'll try and keep the updates coming daily, sad to say though that we are nearing the end, the main quest line isn't that long and there are like two side quests left to do. Plus no quest takes long when you have a kick ass Plasma rifle and a combat shotgun wielding, near invincible ghoul in power armour at your side.

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    warning, it's longer than the last couple of videos:

Set 26: The Waters of Strife

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    All marked side quests are now done:

Set 27: Vault lol

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    I do a mixture of finishing up with some collectibles while showing off what the weapon crafting system has to offer:

Set 28: Pick and Mix

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    Blame alcohol for the lack of weekend updates :P

Set 29: Wazers! pew pew!

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    God, fuck Little Lamplight. It's easily the worst place in the game.

It's just a collection of irritating NPCs spread over a way-too-big map. They're almost all insufferable assholes. Mayor McCheese is the worst. I wish there was a way to like... divert the mutants in Vault 87 into Lamplight Caverns so you can get the GECK while the super mutants are busy eating the children.

Craigopogo on
    edited September 2010
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    It's just a collection of irritating NPCs spread over a way-too-big map.

too right, I was just lucky I bumped into the Mayor when I did, If I had of went any of the other ways I could have been wandering around for ages!

atat23 on
  • stfuadstfuad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Next best thing? placeleveledactoratme 94ecc

stfuad on
    edited September 2010
    come on now, if I'm not using mods I'll hardly be using the console to make life easier :P

I think my editing is getting worse:

Set 30: Beginning of the end

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    Last update, showing the final mission and the ending movie. The broken steel DLC kinda overlapped at the end so I couldn't find a good place to stop :D

Set 31: Prime is my Homeboy

As I said in the video, if there's enough demand to do the DLC I may play through it but my main goal was to just play the main game. Again though after a 30-ish hour LP I'll leave it for a while to let people catch up (and to have a little break)

Some of the DLC may not be that interesting to LP, like raven rock, some of them are just hallways and I was kinda struggling to come up with anything during that set :D

Anyway with all that said, I really hope you guys enjoyed everything and thanks for watching!

atat23 on
  • KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm only half way through the LP and it's going to take me a while to finish watching it, but I've enjoyed what I've seen so far. Thanks for playing it for us.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
  • GreenishGreenish Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Great LP! I thoroughly enjoyed your play style and commentary. I was only able to make it through Fallout 3 once and when I did I played with a good karma character so it was great to see your evil/don't give a fuck run. I think I might buy the game for myself based on part by this LP. I was also very impressed with your dedication to this project and the almost daily updates were great. Take a break, you've earned it. If you decide to go through the DLC or any other future project you may be thinking of, I'll tune in for sure.

Greenish on
    edited September 2010
    I should really be on commission for this :D

I'm really glad it's inspired people to play it or play it again though since one goal of LPing in my mind is to show off a games qualities and hopefully it's awesomeness. It's easy to do with Fallout 3 though, so my job was easy.

atat23 on
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you do the DLC, be sure to show off how utterly game-breaking it can be if you do it early.
    A stealth suit that means I can hit people in the face, and they still can't see me to fight back? Funny, but slightly unbalanced.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah the Chinese stealth suit kinda ruined the game for me, so I won't use it anymore. In fact, I usually don't buff up my stealth too high because it eventually becomes way too easy to sneak up on just about anyone or anything.

As for the LP I've been trying to keep up, but it hasn't been easy! Even less so because now I've started playing FO3 again myself, giving me less time to watch the final two sets I have to go. I went with a heavily-modded version of course, but given how many times I've played through this game (rarely to the end but still), it's a real testament to its greatness that I will go through, update all the mods, and start a new game once more. :P

If you're not sick of the game at this point atat23, I think you should play through some of the DLC at least. Point Lookout still has a lot've the open-world feel to it, so I don't think you'd run out've things to say as you might in Operation: Alaska or Mothership Zeta. Broken Steel and The Pitt are kinda in the middle... they do mix it up a bit but it might start to feel a little confining, I don't know.

Anyways, I've really enjoyed the LP and am sorry that it has to end. At least I've got a couple more sets to keep me going, and with New Vegas on the way I'll no doubt be engrossed soon anyhow. :)

Toxic Pickle on
    edited September 2010
    no way, I never get tired of Fallout 3.

I'm less familiar with the DLC, having only played it once, I never went back to it because it was fairly unimpressive. Point Lookout is definitely the exception though and it has some really nice parts to show off, if I do play them all that one will have to be last as it's how all the DLC should have been.

atat23 on
  • HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I feel bad because I've been following this since the second set and never posted in the thread, but I absolutely loved this LP. It actually made me go dig up Fallout 3 again and start replaying it. I missed out on a lot of stuff the first time around, and learned a lot from watching you play.
    At any rate, I would love to at least see the Broken Steel stuff if you ever decide to do the DLC lets play.

Hybrid on
    edited September 2010
    yeah i'm pretty much decided I'll do it at some point as i'm getting the fallout itch again

atat23 on
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    atat23 wrote: »
    yeah i'm pretty much decided I'll do it at some point as i'm getting the fallout itch again

I look forward to watching it in the future.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
    edited September 2010
    ok, updated the OP with the DLC plan.

I started with Broken Steel since it's more or less a continuation of the main story. I actually have the first set recorded and it's looking like it will be at least 3 sets. I will upload those videos tonight and probably continue playing tonight and have one set up per day.

Sorry to get anyone excited thinking there were updates, just wanted to update you so you can get voting :P

What I want from you guys is to tell me which one you want me to do next, if i was playing through them myself I'd probably leave the best to last, the best being Point Lookout but I'll play them in the order you want to see.

I'm really too hard on them all, they all offer fun, interesting experiences, keep that in mind when I'm tearing them to shreds during my LP. We Irish just love complaining.

atat23 on
    edited September 2010
    If you're saving the best for last you should do The Pitt as second last, and get Operation: Anchorage and Mothership Zeta out of the way first.

I think The Pitt is pretty brilliant. Apart from the ingot hunt it has a great atmosphere and tone. I really like the way it looks, all fiery and dirty.

Craigopogo on
    edited September 2010
    my sentiments exactly (except I'm scared of entering the Pitt :(), If no one else weighs in with their vote I may do Zeta first just to break up all the military type missions.

Anyway, first set of broken Steel:

Set 1: How's it feel to be DLC?

atat23 on
    edited October 2010
    A real close call at the end of this one.

Set 2: Electric Boogaloo

atat23 on