As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime '10 Costumes

1161718192022»

• mikozillamikozilla Queen of Ferelden WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sassafras wrote: »
    I was dressed as Lilith from Borderlands. If you have a picture, can you post it? I only have two pictures of me at PAX thus far. Thanks!

I heard there was another Lilith running around, too, I wish I had seen her!

I went as Lilith on Saturday, I heard you were there another day and was super sad to have missed you! I wanted photos with any other Borderlands cosplayers I could find, which did not happen. :(

Sassafras wrote: »
    LaKangaRue wrote: »
    Sassafras- I just wanna say, you looked AMAZING. Never got a chance for a picture sadly :( I loved your wig! I'm not sure how you managed to get it so perfect haha

That might have been the other Lilith! I wasn't wearing a wig, it was my actual hair, very red, not much of a gradient. However, I saw a picture of a Lilith with a PERFECT wig. It was probably her! Thanks, though. :lol:

If that was indeed me, thank you! I had to hand color that wig with Copics. It was a PAIN, but worth it. <3

Lastly!! If anyone has any photos of me, please share! Again: I was Lilith (The Siren from Borderlands) on Saturday. I've found a few, but I am greedy and want more! ;3

mikozilla on
    edited September 2010
    chrisstie wrote: »
    I was Nidalee from League of Legends if anyone snapped any of me :) Thanks - alllllll of the costumes were amazing this year, the best I've seen so far so congrats on being awesome!

I. LOVED. YOU. You make me want to do the Cougar Nidalee so badly. I have one photo of you! :)

100_0108.jpg

mikozilla on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My brother wants me to do Shaco and his clone with him next year.
    But I kinda wanted to do PAX JAX and PAX 09 TF and I will be wearing my Halo armor so idk how I'd also do shaco. :/

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • StigmaticCorpseStigmaticCorpse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    It didn't come out great, but I got one:
    DSC01763s.jpg

Well that's definitely what I was asking for, thanks. :) I know a lot of people took pictures of her, though. Does anyone else have one?

StigmaticCorpse on
    Omeganaut 2005 - MotionSupremacist
  • xibalbaxibalba Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Xestrix wrote: »
    Here is literally the only decent picture I got from PAX:
    BestPAXCosplay.jpg

Does anyone know who the cosplayer is?

Yup, this is her :)

http://www.cosplay.com/member/181504/

Unless, of course, you meant that awesome dude holding the fairy, in which case, I am he :P

i saw her in the video Holmes did for Destructoid.com

did any one grab a picture of the girl dressed as a sentry gun from Portal??? i only saw her once and wouldve snapped a pic but i was rushing to get to the Portal 2 booth :(

xibalba on
  • DustcatDustcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Looking for pics! We were this Normandy crew late afternoon/evening on Friday. I only had three fingers per hand and a helmet on my head so I definitely couldn't navigate a camera. I'm finding all kinds of great costumes from photos that I couldn't see that day.

Great job everyone!
    Dustcat wrote: »
    I think we're ready for PAX.
    Elevator.jpg

Dustcat on
  • FenrisknightFenrisknight Token Canadian CanadianRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Someone should set up a delicious with tags for all the pax cosplay, there are some great pictures floating around!

Fenrisknight on
    edited September 2010
    S2000Gan wrote: »
    My brother wants me to do Shaco and his clone with him next year.
    But I kinda wanted to do PAX JAX and PAX 09 TF and I will be wearing my Halo armor so idk how I'd also do shaco. :/

If you have the time to create both (start now! lol), you can always wear one for 1 or 2 days, the other the last day. I used to do 2-3 costumes for each Sakura Con, wearing a different one each day. I'm going to start working on my Blood Dragon ME2 armor soon and then try to crank out either Woad Ashe or Cougar Nidalee. Go, go multi-costumes!

That said, I DEMAND YOU DO SHACO(S) OR PAX JAX. :O

mikozilla on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I Love ashe Used to play her alot but she keeps getting nerf'd which is stupid becasue she's not OP
    MF is fun, squishy but fun.

Not sure about PAX Jax because the skin is kinda too Cardboard Samurai and not LoL enough
    Problem with doing shaco is I'm kinda sick of working with Fabric TF was hard.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • KnifeySpoonyKnifeySpoony Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Looking for pics! We were this Normandy crew late afternoon/evening on Friday. I only had three fingers per hand and a helmet on my head so I definitely couldn't navigate a camera. I'm finding all kinds of great costumes from photos that I couldn't see that day.

Great job everyone!
    I think we're ready for PAX.
    Elevator.jpg

I saw you guys one day, but unfortunately you were crossing the street towards the Sheraton while we were going in the opposite direction to the convention center. With so many people around I couldn't get a shot. D:

Your costumes were freaking amazing though.

KnifeySpoony on
  • Mr.SaturnMr.Saturn Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Hey everyone! I was there on Sunday as Johnny "Akiba" Sasaki from MGS4. I found one picture of myself in one of the Facebook galleries mentioned on this board but I had a dozen or so people ask for photos. Anyone have any others?

Mr.Saturn on
  • rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Something I wondered about, BTW, would be having a designated area for cosplay photos. Those of us who are into getting a lot of photos could hang around there and cosplayers could come to us when in their own time, rather than being continually stopped to ask for photos. Thoughts anyone?

rnicoll on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    rnicoll wrote: »
    Something I wondered about, BTW, would be having a designated area for cosplay photos. Those of us who are into getting a lot of photos could hang around there and cosplayers could come to us when in their own time, rather than being continually stopped to ask for photos. Thoughts anyone?

I dunno. As a cosplayer, it's flattering to be stopped all the time. It's part of the reason I do it. :)

Heleor on
  • ElgaladwenElgaladwen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I think it would be cool still to have a meetup of some sort, and both cosplayers and photographers would know that that is a good place to be to get pictures/see other costumes/etc. I think no matter what, though, aside from them banning all photographs within the convention center, there is no way to avoid having photos taken.
    I mostly cosplay because I like the challenge of creating the costume and representing the character, so I'm flattered, too when people like my costume enough to ask for a picture, even if that isn't the main reason I do it. I know not to go in costume if I actually want to get somewhere without being stopped, and I think most of the cosplayers are the same way.
    So in short, cosplay photo area or not, photos are still going to happen around the convention, though it still might be a good idea, just for fun!

Elgaladwen on
    OddishSmallSprite.gif
    Be the very best. Like no one ever was. http://paxpokemonleague.net
  • SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If I had a booth I would have part of it set up as a backdrop for cosplay photos. It would guarantee you a steady stream of traffic.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Heleor wrote: »

I dunno. As a cosplayer, it's flattering to be stopped all the time. It's part of the reason I do it. :)

I suggested this very thing. I was thinking of just an out of the way spot in the corner of the queue room that was setup all weekend with good light and a neutral backdrop. We could all still walk around and have people stop us (which I like too) but this would just add to the fun.

I also suggested a "fashion show" or "costume review". No contests because then people wouldn't think their costume was good enough or something dumb like that.

Drain on
    N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • chrisstiechrisstie Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It would be cool if people could build part of a booth to be like a blister pack themed with the PAX logo much like how they do the blister pack action figure booths at Star Wars Celebration/Star Wars weekends at disney.

Basically it looks like a giant action figure box and you stand inside of it. Maybe something like that but a box of a video game or mini fig and you just insert yourself for photos.

chrisstie on
  • itashaitasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Already starting making costume for next year. And working on building some chi ears for someone I met this year I making them have a micro cam in a ear so she can shoot pics of people from her head I think it be neat and a video jack that would be on a retractable wheel to hook her into a tv or comp to shoot video lol. I have the micro cameras already 1 video 1 camera but I need a shell. Does anyone know where to find some plastic chobit ears? Plz help I wan these ready for her for the Sakura con next year.

itasha on
  • NewtsalotNewtsalot Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Hey all just for fun I am also putting in a photo request - if anyone happens to have shots. I was dressed as Claire Redfield from RE2. I know there were actually two running around but I was the one with pink shorts and glasses. I was also with Leon Kennedy (costume from RE4) so there are probably shots of both of us posing.

It was my first time cosplaying which turned out to be a blast. Also first time to PAX so there was a whole bunch of new and not a lot of thinking about using my camera >< The costumes of everyone were very impressive, there was a lot of detail in most.

Thanks all!

Newtsalot on
This discussion has been closed.