As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is there a recording of the PAX Late Show?

kylechukylechu Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
I'm sad that I missed it, and I'm wondering if there's a place to watch it. I've been searching, but nobody seems to have a copy of it.

kylechu on

• Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe there was any professional-level recording going on during that panel. I was managing Pegasus at the time. Unless I'm wrong, you're going to be looking for handheld stuff from other attendees. Good luck!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There was actually 3 cameras recording it. no idea if its getting released though.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    PAX Late NightPAX Late Night __BANNED USERS new member
    edited September 2010
    BigRed is correct, if you were in the theater at the time you would have noticed the 3 semi shoulder PMW EX3's on tripods.

We'll have it out relatively soon, the idea is to let everyone get nostalgic for PAX and release it. Keep your eyes on the forum.

4972709797_d1961316c2.jpg

Khoo Edit: Sorry, you didn't get banned for posting anything inappropriate. Your username implied that you're an official part of PAX, which you are not. Go ahead and re-reg under an alt thanks.

PAX Late Night on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, screw me, right? Listen to those much smarter people up above.

Arco on
  • Options
    MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BigRed is correct, if you were in the theater at the time you would have noticed the 3 semi shoulder PMW EX3's on tripods.

We'll have it out relatively soon, the idea is to let everyone get nostalgic for PAX and release it. Keep your eyes on the forum.

4972709797_d1961316c2.jpg

Fuck yeah, you are awesome! I'm sad I missed this, but I had to choose one night of concerts and I chose Friday (Scott Kurtz panel had nothing to do with that decision, no way ;) ). I really wanted to see the PAX Late Show for Molly though...

MJPM on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • Options
    AprecheApreche Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Being one of the two hosts, I honestly have some anxiety about how this video will turn out. Part of the late show was good, but honestly not all of it was our best. Even so, many things can be fixed during post-production, so you can all be the judges. We all worked hard on it and did our best, and I give big thanks to everyone who participated. We learned a metric ton, so we will definitely do much better if PAX ever lets us try again.

I know PAX records audio of all panels, but I wish they would do video of all panels. We got lots of complements about our game mechanics and mechanism design panel, so I wish I had video of it.

Apreche on
  • Options
    kylechukylechu Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh hey, I really enjoyed that game mechanics panel.

I was that dickhead that had to leave halfway through the panel because my friend had to get home. :(

Is there a place I could get audio/video/anything from that panel? I really want to hear the part I missed.

kylechu on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Is there a place I could get audio/video/anything from that panel? I really want to hear the part I missed.
    The best I can do is give you a link for the slides. If anyone finds a recording, let me know. I would have recorded it myself, but I was busy :)

https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dg8gss5b_201cknbnng8

Apreche on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Oh wait, wait. This wasn't in Pegasus. I'm all sorts of dumb.

Arco on
  • Options
    papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Arco wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe there was any professional-level recording going on during that panel.

I'm HURT.
    I think we got this one, actually. If not, we need it. Anyone with footage, please let us know.

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    papaprinny wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I don't believe there was any professional-level recording going on during that panel.

I'm HURT.
    I think we got this one, actually. If not, we need it. Anyone with footage, please let us know.

We did get this panel on film, and it will be on the Community DVD. Looks like they got their own professional recording of it too. No worries guys.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm sorry! I wasn't insulting your professional acumen or anything, I really am just dumb! lol.

Don't listen to anything I say! I'm back in the real world and reeling from lack of PAX.

Arco on
  • Options
    KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh wait, wait. This wasn't in Pegasus. I'm all sorts of dumb.

i'm with you, i thought this was about the kurtz panel saturday night at first.

Kjeldor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Wait a second. Which panel are you talking about? This thread is for the late show, but we were being off-topic and talking about the mechanism design panel. Is the mechanism design panel on the community DVD?

Apreche on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, a bit confusing here.

The PAX Late Show Recording Session will be on our DVD's, not the mechanism design panel, which I'm not even sure I remember hearing about.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
This discussion has been closed.