As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Playstation Store Thread - Use the New Thread!

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, with Plus, how do you set up the auto-download feature? I had heard that was something it could do.

Neurotika on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    So, with Plus, how do you set up the auto-download feature? I had heard that was something it could do.

It's in Settings/System Settings. There will be a yellow plus icon next to it.

You can set what time you want your PS3 to turn on and download as well.

I'm still debating on whether or not I should get PSN Plus, but to be honest automatic downloading isn't really much of a selling point for me.

SmokeStacks on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Alright god damn it sony will not allow me to give them my money. I double checked their rules for typing in a billing address, I double checked and character for character used the address my bank had on file and it still wouldn't take it. And there's no way to troubleshoot since you get locked out of doing anything after two or three unacceptable address attempts.

I finally went to my bank and updated my address which takes two days so we'll see what happens... but seriously Sony's billing setup is pretty messed up

initiatefailure on
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sony is having a sale for the Playstation's 15th anniversary.

Suikoden is the first PS1 game on sale and Super Rub A Dub is 50% off.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sony is having a sale for the Playstation's 15th anniversary.

Suikoden is the first PS1 game on sale and Super Rub A Dub is 50% off.
    If I had the ability to gift purchases I'd pick up a couple extra copies of Suikoden. I want #2 gawshdarmit!

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    edited September 2010
    Super Rub A Dub is awesome.

SmokeStacks on
  • FlapkeFlapke Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So, there's no Move stuff in there yet, right? I just got my controllers in the mail, but nothing to do with it, except zip around the XMB. Patch for RE5 won't be out for another 9 days :/

Flapke on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Flapke wrote: »
    So, there's no Move stuff in there yet, right? I just got my controllers in the mail, but nothing to do with it, except zip around the XMB. Patch for RE5 won't be out for another 9 days :/

Correction: Patch for RE5 Gold. Capcom can't be fucked patching in Move support for the regular version of RE5.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • FlapkeFlapke Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Flapke wrote: »

Correction: Patch for RE5 Gold. Capcom can't be fucked patching in Move support for the regular version of RE5.

Ah, that's pretty silly. Luckily I do own the gold version.

Flapke on
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wonder if they're going to leave Suikoden on sale for the whole thing, or if they're going to change the sale every day or something.

Rizzi on
  • TomaToma Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    TerRover is awesome and people should buy it. (Spoiler for stuff I feel I should say about it that distracts from my original point)
    It's a great physics platform game. Very much like Gish and Loco Roco. Controls are a bit tough to learn at first, but their worth it. Some levels will test your patience though, so I feel there should be a pretty fair warning on it. What's worse is that you can spend 10 minutes trying to do one thing, then suddenly you get it done in one other try, only taking seconds.

To warn again, patience required, but well worth it.

Toma on
    tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm buying suikoden because I have 4 dollars on my account and I'm too poor to afford anything higher than that. Hope it's worth it!

Inkyblots on
    edited September 2010
    I didn't like Suikoden much, but it's a very well made RPG. It's definitely worth picking up for $3, because if you like it you'll probably love it, and if you don't like it you're only out three bucks.

I was able to pick up a £20 European PSN card online, so I am currently downloading Outrun Online Arcade, Front Mission 3, and Kurushi Final (Intelligent Qube), all of which are not available on the US PSN. Suck it, licensing.

I actually own a physical copy of Front Mission 3, but it'll be nice to be able to leave it in it's case, as well as being able to play it on the PSP if I ever end up rebuying one.

I gave serious consideration to buying Party Time with Winnie the Pooh, however.

SmokeStacks on
    edited September 2010
    I didn't like Suikoden much, but it's a very well made RPG. It's definitely worth picking up for $3, because if you like it you'll probably love it, and if you don't like it you're only out three bucks.

I was able to pick up a £20 European PSN card online, so I am currently downloading Outrun Online Arcade, Front Mission 3, and Kurushi Final (Intelligent Qube), all of which are not available on the US PSN. Suck it, licensing.

I actually own a physical copy of Front Mission 3, but it'll be nice to be able to leave it in it's case, as well as being able to play it on the PSP if I ever end up rebuying one.

I gave serious consideration to buying Party Time with Winnie the Pooh, however.

What.

Rizzi on
    edited September 2010
    I was making a subtle jab at the fact that, while the European PSN has a few awesome exclusives, on the whole their selection suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

uuuuuuuuucks.

SmokeStacks on
    edited September 2010
    Inkyblots wrote: »
    I'm buying suikoden because I have 4 dollars on my account and I'm too poor to afford anything higher than that. Hope it's worth it!

Suikoden's a good game. A bit dated and I remember the translation being kinda eh but still good.

Now Suikoden 2 on the other hand, is one of the best RPG's ever. And if you've got a Suikoden 1 completed save handy, it's even more awesome.

Unco-ordinated on
    edited September 2010
    Oh man, I was under the understanding that European PS1 games purchased from the PSN would work fine on a US PS3 as long as it was displaying in high def, but even though I'm outputting a 1080p signal through HDMI I still get an error that says "You cannot play this game at the current video output setting. (80028f10)", which is the generic error code that is displayed when you are trying to play 50hz PAL games on a 60hz NTSC TV.

Googling the error code seems to result in a lot of people having the problem with SDTVs, but no one having the problem with HDTVs.

Lame.

SmokeStacks on
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    All PAL PS1 games are hard coded 50Hz. Yet another reason why the Saturn > PS1!

Sorry :(

Moioink on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Got a pretty big update here for The Drop.
    PlayStation Network

Worms 2: Armageddon — Featuring an in-depth single-player Campaign Mode, Tutorials and Firing Ranges along with multi-player online and offline game modes, it is now even easier to jump in and get involved with the world of Worms, with full trophy support and customization options.

My Aquarium — Owners can choose the fish that will live in their aquarium and what decorations they’ll get to enjoy. You can choose the glass color, lighting, background design, style of gravel, rocks, or plant life for the world their fish will inhabit and can mix and match different fish in up to 6 individual aquariums.

Space Invaders Infinity Gene — Space Invaders is back with a new twist! Unlock new stages, new power ups, and new features. Challenge Mode pits you against 99 randomly-created stages. And Music Mode generates custom stages based on music stored on your console.

PlayStation Classics

Soviet Strike — The Soviet Union has crumbled into tiny pieces. With security measures being taken for granted, terrorists seize upon the opportunity to steal nuclear warheads and it’s up to you to stop them. Strap yourself behind the controls of a Super Apache attack helicopter and fly into five different Eastern European regions.

PlayStation minis

Caterpillar — Is a fast-paced, arcade / puzzle game that pits you against relentless caterpillars. Your only weapons are your quick reflexes and creativity. With four exciting game modes matched with three different skill levels, you’ll enjoy virtually unlimited gameplay.

Panda Craze — Your goal is to help Tik-Ling make it home to her Bamboo Forest. But watch out, as Evil Zoo Keepers keep popping up all over the place trying to capture her. Enjoy seventy-five levels of puzzle / platform action which will challenge both your reflexes and your creativity as you use quick moves and tools to slip away from those dastardly Zoo Keepers!

Also listed as far as PSP games go is, Phantasy Star Portable 2, Gladiator Begins and Cabela’s North American Adventures. I would imagine PSP2 and Gladiator Begins would both go up on the store Tuesday, but dunno explicitly at this point.

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I really like the look of Space Invaders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ5tHJTeWEE

Diarmuid on
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well I was playing xenogears but because the gear upgrading system is terribad I'm stuck on the vierge fight and have no way of getting past it. Looks like it's time to boot up suikoden.

Inkyblots on
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ...Okay, who got Bullet Hell in my Space Invaders?

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    space invaders infinity gene looks totally awesome. definitely buying that. plus worms 2... worms is always fun. tempting.

i wonder how soviet strike holds up? i was a pretty big fan of the old strike games on the snes, but i never played the ps1 iteration(s?). that series could use a reboot i think, but only if they stuck with the isometric style.

Ah_Pook on
    edited September 2010
    Blog Update is live.
    PlayStation 15th Anniversary PSone Classics Sale – Castlevania: SotN (now $4.99, original price $9.99) & Castlevania Chronicles (now $2.99, original price $5.99)

Updates

Monkey Island Special Edition 2: Lechuck’s Revenge – Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Age of Booty – Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Mega Man Maverick Hunter X – Sale (now $9.99, original price $19.99)
    Megaman 9 – Sale (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
    Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars – Permanent Price Drop (now $19.99, original price $29.99)

-(PS3) My Aquarium ($4.99)
    -(PS3) Space Invaders Infinity Gene ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Worms 2: Armageddon ($14.99)
    -(PS3) Tumble ($9.99)
    -(PS3) Demos for NBA 2K11, FIFA Soccer 11, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Worms 2: Armageddon, Racquet Sports, Eye Pet, Tumble

-(PSOne) Soviet Strike ($4.99)

-(Bundle) Megaman 9 – DLC Bundle ($4.99)
    -(Bundle) Megaman 9 – Themes Bundle ($5.99)
    -(Bundle) Monkey Island Special Edition: 1 and 2 Bundle ($7.49)
    -(Bundle) Cuboid Ultimate Bundle ($12.99)
    -(Bundle) Magic Orbz Extreme Bundle ($12.99)
    -(Bundle) Magic Orbz Level Bundle ($4.99)
    -(Bundle) Mahjong Tales Wisdom Bundle ($10.99)
    -(Bundle) Smash Cars Extreme Bundle ($12.99)

-(PSP) Phantasy Star Portable 2 ($39.99)
    -(PSP) UFC Undisputed 2010 ($39.99)
    -(PSP) Cabela’s North American Adventures ($19.99)
    -(PSP) Gladiator Begins ($34.99)

-(Minis) Caterpillar – Minis ($4.99)
    -(Minis) Panda Craze – Minis ($4.99)

Mega Man 10 Avatars ($0.49) (x4)
    File size: 100 KB

Street Fighter Avatars ($0.49) (x3)
    File size: 100 KB

Christ, that's an update there. Some Move stuff up early for anyone (anyone?) who picks up Move on the 19th or before. Righteous looking Space Invaders game. Worms 2. Demos everywhere. Every PSP game that came out this week. Nice Anniversary sales, too. Wow.

Darth_Mogs on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Seriously PSN still won't accept that my cards are in fact valid. It's even worse since you can only try three times within a 24 hour period to change your billing. I have $16 left on a network card but just want a damn card attached so I don't have to worry about the stupid unnecessary middle man that is the wallet.

initiatefailure on
    edited September 2010
    bought infinity gene and SOTN. i doubt i'll ever play SOTN, but its such a great game why not pick it up for five bones...

Ah_Pook on
    edited September 2010
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    bought infinity gene and SOTN. i doubt i'll ever play SOTN, but its such a great game why not pick it up for five bones...

I already own a disc only copy that is in pretty bad shape. I got it from a friend who didn't take very good care of his stuff. I'd gladly pay five bucks to not have to worry about something happening to my only copy.

Why do you doubt you'll ever play it? It's an incredible game.

SmokeStacks on
    edited September 2010
    It's one of my favourite games of all time.

Rizzi on
    edited September 2010
    oh ive played through it a bunch of times before, i just dont see myself wanting to play it again any time soon is all

Ah_Pook on
    edited September 2010
    also, space invaders infinity gene is pretty fucking awesome so far

Ah_Pook on
  • PalomPalom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Double-dipped on Monkey Island Special Edition. Been waiting for it to come down in price so I could have it on PS3 rather than PC.

I've never had problems with the wallet on PSN before, but it's pissing me off now. I bought that PSP golf Mini a couple weeks ago for $1, which made me put $5 in my wallet, so I had $4.01 left. Now that wasn't enough for Monkey Island, so I had to put another $5 in so I could buy a $4.99 game. Now I have $4.02 in my wallet. This is stupid.

Palom on
    edited September 2010
    Palom wrote: »
    Double-dipped on Monkey Island Special Edition. Been waiting for it to come down in price so I could have it on PS3 rather than PC.

I've never had problems with the wallet on PSN before, but it's pissing me off now. I bought that PSP golf Mini a couple weeks ago for $1, which made me put $5 in my wallet, so I had $4.01 left. Now that wasn't enough for Monkey Island, so I had to put another $5 in so I could buy a $4.99 game. Now I have $4.02 in my wallet. This is stupid.

My understanding is that credit card companies charge a flat rate plus a percentage of the total transaction to process an order, so if a card company is charging $0.15 plus 3% and you buy an avatar for $0.50, you've significantly cut into the profit margin. Not so much if you buy a $10 game.

This is why most convenience stores have a minimum limit for debit/credit purchases, usually $3 or $5. It's also why XBLA and Virtual Console/WiiWare use points.

PSN's minimum purchase amount is $5, so if you want to buy a PS1 game at $5.99 you can pay $5.99, but if you want to buy a theme for $0.99, you have to be charged $5, and have the remainder in your wallet.

Hey guys, did you know that My Aquarium lets you take screenshots and video of your aquariums? Yeah, you can even upload the video to Youtube ingame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqe4rVkYDzY

SmokeStacks on
  • UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How long is Symphony of the Night going to be on sale for?

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
    edited September 2010
    How long is Symphony of the Night going to be on sale for?

Looks like a week since Suikoden is back to regular price.

Darth_Mogs on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SOTN is a great deal for $5

Chronicles is poop from a butt and I regret paying $6 for it

UnbreakableVow on
    edited September 2010
    I figured SotN at $5 would get some people talking and buying. Like I said before, get on it this week if you want it, since last week's stuff (At least, Suikoden, am on the PSP store at the moment) is back to normal.

Speaking of the PSP store, has anyone played What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord?! 2 and/or Fat Princess: Fistful of Cake? Considering we have WDIDTDT,ML and Fat Princess for PS3 on the recommended list, I was considering putting both of them in as well, but I've not heard, well, anything on them.

Edit: Started my sprucing up of the Games post of the OP. Added a What's New part that I'm still thinking out, some games (mostly Unco's suggestions) and fixed a few prices. If there's anything incorrect (Price, Missing Features, Features that are wrong) and there likely will be, just let me know so I can fix it up.

Darth_Mogs on
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    PAL update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/15/heads-up-game-store-update-15th-september-2010/
    Special Offers

(Offer prices available until the 29th of September)

PAIN (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
    PAIN - Amusement Park (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
    PAIN - Movie Studio (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
    Peggle (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
    Mega Man 10 (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
    Age of Booty (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
    World of Pool (PSP) (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £4.79/€5.99)
    Stateshift (PSP) (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £4.79/€5.99)
    WWII: Battle Over the Pacific (PSP) (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £4.79/€5.99)
    Vibes (mini) (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.49/€2.99)

‘Talk Like a Pirate Day’ Celebrations!
    (Offer prices available until the 22nd of September)

The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
    Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: Lechuck’s Revenge (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
    Monkey Island Special Edition Bundle (The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2) (Introductory Offer for one week only £6.29/€7.99)

Downloadable Games (PS3)

Tumble (£7.99/€9.99) Move controller required
    Flight Control HD (£3.99/€4.99) Move controller compatible
    Space Invaders: Infinity Gene (£7.99/€9.99)
    My Aquarium (£3.99/€4.99)

minis (PS3/PSP)

Panda Craze (£3.99/€4.99)

PSP Essentials

Championship Manager 2007 (£7.99/€9.99) - Not available in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Switzerland and Turkey

Move Demos (PS3)

Heavy Rain Move Edition
    Echochrome ii
    Beat Sketcher
    Sports Champions
    Kung-Fu Rider
    Start the Party!
    The Shoot
    TV Superstars
    Racket Sports - Not available in Russia

Demos (PS3)

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - Not available in Germany
    FIFA 11 - Not available in Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates
    PES 2011
    NBA 2K11
    Space Invaders: Infinity Gene

Still no Castle Crashers (I might put money on a 2011 release).

But we do get Space Invaders: Infinity Gene, lots of sports demos and the Enslaved demo.
    There's also some Move games and a lot of Move demos.

Not a lot for the PSP bar a mini and a price reduction on a nearly four year old game that's kinda pointless.

As usual there's Rock Band, LBP and ModNation etc. DLC that I didn't put on the list cos I'm lazy today.

Diarmuid on
  • MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've stopped buying PSN games on release. There's just no point when you can get them for half price a few months later.

Space Invaders Infinity Gene will be mine... eventually. :P

Moioink on
    edited September 2010
    Monkey Island 2 shall be mine! I was hoping they'd drop the price on Tales of Monkey Island too but I guess I'm out of luck there.

Otherwise eh, I'll wait to see what people say about the Enslaved demo before bothering to download it. Don't want to download a couple of gigs for 3 or so minutes of gameplay like the Heavenly Sword demo. Plus I hear it's pretty mediocre anyway.

Unco-ordinated on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I already own Maverick Hunter on UMD but at $10 I'm tempted to buy it and sell/goozex my UMD copy so I can play it on my Go.

Also never played SOTN. Might give it a shot.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
This discussion has been closed.