As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition :

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The reservation for the private areas at my place is confirmed.

Any games we wish to use must be checked out while the leasing office is open (Before 7pm). They do have Rock Band, but only with one set of drums and guitar. Another guitar and possibly different discs (Anyone have Lego Rock band?) would be appreciated.

They warned me heavily about underage drinking. If you're under 21, please be marked and don't drink. Either that, or do it upstairs in my room then come back down to rejoin the party.

Heleor on
  • S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    where is this event at Heleors? I'm not sure I can make it on the 18th tho :( my friend is going to college so I want to hang out with him he would probably be interested in the gathering on the 18th but I'll have to talk to him about what the plan is for the weekend, So what is the plan for what's going on at this gathering anyway? BBQ I heard and something about tabletop games, what games? and anything else?

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • RedwingedblackbirdRedwingedblackbird Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You're right about the LAN parties... that they need to be organized, given the amount of time and effort required to set up and run one. I've talked to BigRed and a few others, and figure that you need at least 10 people for the event on the 2nd, for it to be worth the work of setting up a LAN. So we'll see...

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    With regard to PC and LAN play at the event on October 2nd... I would encourage people to bring their laptops or computers if they want to PC game. I'm bringing my Macbook (which I also run windows on) so I can play games like Quake Live. But don't count on there being a LAN just yet; because setting up a LAN takes a fair bit of planning, time, and work. As I'm sure most of you already know. So after talking to BigRed and others who have allot of experience setting up LAN's; we figure that we'll need at least 10 people to 100% for sure bring their computers.. in order to make it worth setting up a LAN. With 10 people, we'd have just enough to play games like L4D2, Team Fortress 2, and others that don't require many players.

Now we can still have PC gaming if we have internet, we just might not have a LAN. Those who bring their computers might just play games online like they would at home, and perhaps add each other to their respective friends lists in order to play together. So make sure and post if you are 100% sure you're going to bring your computer. That way, we can see if we are going to get enough to justify a LAN, and everything that goes into setting one up.

Thanks!

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    The event's at my place - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149622411735358

It's directly downtown - 2-3 blocks from the convention center. BBQ, Tabletop Games, and a 60'' screen playing Rock Band or any other game we choose.

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    Do you guys need guitar for Rock Band? I can bring L4D2, Halo 3, GoW2, Aliens vs Predators, Ghostbusters, Bioshock 2, and MW2... for the xbox. Do you want another xbox for link play or should we just stick with one?

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    There's only one TV, so...

Heleor on
  • SashaSasha Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    With regards to games, I am bringing Dominion and possibly Settles of Catan. If we decide to set up Smash, I can also bring that along with Gamecube controllers.

Sasha on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Azazel wrote: »
    I hate this thread.

Anyone interested in Taco Poker?

Ooohh. Tacos! I'd totally be down for this

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • KaneKane Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am a huge CCG/TCGer as well, so assuming I will be there, will have Magic and WoW cards with me! Could bring spare decks if anyone is interested. :)

Kane on
    edited September 2010
    I'm always up for playing Magic, but never up for buying my own cards. I suppose others may be the same way. :p

Although speaking of Magic, my friends had the most epic game about half a year ago - they each played a single-color deck and arranged themselves as in the Magic logo, playing a 5-player game. I thought it was amazing.

(Please continue RSVP-ing!)

Heleor on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Since heleors thing is in the 2nd post, im not going to bother putting it in the OP :P

I dont have facebook so im not rsvping there, but ill likely go anyway.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Reckon I'll trot out my green deck and Archenemy for you folks if it comes to that.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited September 2010
    Red: Wow you're lazy. Will see you there then. The place is 2 blocks westish of the convention center bus stop.

Feel free to invite friends, too! The reservation went through so as long as we don't destroy the place we're fine. :D

Heleor on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    No idea if I can make it or not, but I put myself down as a maybe.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
    edited September 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    Red: Wow you're lazy. Will see you there then. The place is 2 blocks westish of the convention center bus stop.

Feel free to invite friends, too! The reservation went through so as long as we don't destroy the place we're fine. :D

Im not as lazy as the people who are too lazy to read the 2nd post ;-)

I also don't use facebook so...

BigRed on
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BigRed wrote: »

I tried to tell them back in the last thread. A lot of us don't use that site, and this is why we have a thread.

Houn on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Houn wrote: »
    BigRed wrote: »

I tried to tell them back in the last thread. A lot of us don't use that site, and this is why we have a thread.

Also: Facebook SUCKS for keeping track of events, even if you use Facebook.

Facebook is total dickwolf.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
    edited September 2010
    But I love facebook for events. It keeps a list of everyone who's coming [and has facebook] for you! Without it, I have no freaking idea how many people are coming. :P

I guess I can use this thread for communication as well, though.

Who's coming, who's bringing what, anyone bringing friends?

Heleor on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    But I love facebook for events. It keeps a list of everyone who's coming [and has facebook] for you! Without it, I have no freaking idea how many people are coming. :P

I guess I can use this thread for communication as well, though.

Who's coming, who's bringing what, anyone bringing friends?

Count me in as a Maybe +1 or 2. If I can go, I/we will bring either beer or sausages. Maybe both.

MetaverseNomad on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    AAaaaand: two potential events:

1. Friday Happy Hour on Sept. 17th
    2. Puyallup Fair on Saturday, Sept. 25th. We can meet up in Seattle and carpool down, or just meet down there.

Gauging interest. Anyone interested?

MetaverseNomad on
    edited September 2010
    Happy Hour sounds like a good idea. If we can pull it off. It seems like every time we plan one it never actually happens. Lets make this one different.

Though Friday is a very poor day for it. A lot of people aren't going to be able to make it until an hour or two after happy hour ends because of work and traffic. We should make it a Saturday or a Sunday so that everyone working Mon-Fri can make it. That would give us either October 2nd or September 19th as good dates for the happy hour.

I do love the fact that all of our events involve booze :)

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think this is a good time to remind you local Freezepop fans that they are playing at El Corazon on Monday the 27th at 8pm. Tickets are $12. Hopefully I'll see some of you there.

Tickets.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ooooh, I will consider this. We're doing an event with the dogs and won't be home until 5pm or so, but we might give it a shot. :)

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    I think this is a good time to remind you local Freezepop fans that they are playing at El Corazon on Monday the 27th at 8pm. Tickets are $12. Hopefully I'll see some of you there.

Tickets.

oh i will be there!

hyrulehero96 on
    Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
    edited September 2010

Tickets.

Awesome reminder Coldbrew. $12 isn't too bad either. If a lot of us go we could organize this and meet up for dinner beforehand.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cronus wrote: »

Tickets.

Awesome reminder Coldbrew. $12 isn't too bad either. If a lot of us go we could organize this and meet up for dinner beforehand.

That would be awesome, we should do this.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • asleepypandaasleepypanda Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Planning on moving to seattle soon if this new job I interviewed for pans through and I with get to go to the gatherings!

asleepypanda on
    fss.png
  • Aidan_Aidan_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cronus wrote: »

Tickets.

That would be awesome, we should do this.

I cannot afford it, but I don't care. I love Freezepop.

Bring your PAX badges so we can recognize each other!

Aidan_ on
    Do what now?

"I aim to misbehave."
    - Capt. Mal Reynolds
  • CrabblesCrabbles Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I'm still new to the forums, but I'd love to do the BBQ on the 18th. Unfortunately I am running a DnD game that day. Hopefully you guys won't think me too newb to attend the October 2nd action.

Crabbles on
  • Aidan_Aidan_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Crabbles wrote: »
    Man, I'm still new to the forums, but I'd love to do the BBQ on the 18th. Unfortunately I am running a DnD game that day. Hopefully you guys won't think me too newb to attend the October 2nd action.

October 2nd what-now?

And I RSVPed for the Sept. 18th shindig. Thanks Heleor!

Aidan_ on
    Do what now?

"I aim to misbehave."
    - Capt. Mal Reynolds
  • KaneKane Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Looks like I may have to bow out of the 18th event. Too much other stuff going on that weekend.

Kane on
    edited September 2010
    Aidan_ wrote: »
    Crabbles wrote: »

October 2nd what-now?

And I RSVPed for the Sept. 18th shindig. Thanks Heleor!

People are supposedly planning something on Oct 2, but nothing's been made official yet?

If there's anything I learned from planning this so far is that I should've planned it further in advance. :P

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    I'm trying to get something together on the 2nd... Basically a day of tabletop gaming, console gaming, and whatever else we can do. Right now, the working plan is to use the Sheraton Lobby for tabletop, like we did at during PAX. Along with a large hotel room for console gaming/link play. Since the Sheraton is a block from gameworks... that is also a potential activity. We are looking into other venues which might be better. But that's the plan until we come up with something better. The facebook page for the event is http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=153200951374572, if you care to RSVP.

Redwingedblackbird on
    edited September 2010
    In case people are lazy and didn't reply to the facebook event.

The party this weekend is on Saturday at Noon.
    Bring things to cook, and/or things to play.

Location: 1823 Terry Avenue. Seattle, WA 98101. Apartment 1201 is what you buzz in.
    The party is on the 11th floor.
    In case you can't buzz in, call 443 676 1455

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=149622411735358

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    Or that some people dont use facebook :P

BigRed on
  • KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In case people are lazy and didn't reply to the facebook event.

We use this thread because we didn't *want* to use Facebook.
    Some events make their way to Facebook, but in general people to check this thread for Seattle PAXer Get Togethers...use this thread. :mrgreen:

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • aquaoneaquaone Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll be there at some point in the afternoon, leaving for a little bit ~5:30, then coming back later, if that's OK. I can bring darn near any board game you want, m:tg stuff, soda, food, or anything else that's needed. Just let me know what to bring!

aquaone on
    edited September 2010
    I don't think anyone's claimed non-alcoholic drinks. I know BA's bringing her kid along for at least a bit, so it may be a good idea. :)

Board games and meat are a good idea, as well as anything that may be more healthy (gasp)

Heleor on
    edited September 2010
    Ill bring a bottle of something delicious for the worthy and maybe a few packs of pop.

BigRed on
This discussion has been closed.