As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DEAD THREAD] Caves of Phalla

FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Critical Failures
Approved by Gnasty.

ATTENTION LIVING PLAYERS: DO NOT READ THIS THREAD. AT ALL.

That is all.

FunkyWaltDogg on

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, what do you guys think about tonight's deaths? I'd like to believe that I was killed because of my inestimable brilliance.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I was stupid enough to post a lot. :/

However, I was feeling the poetry.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So...why did I glow blue? Any ideas?

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

I assumed that meant you were a special. The only other thing I can think of is that you counted as the dead human for the cultists, and it was part of the summoning ritual.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007

I assumed that meant you were a special. The only other thing I can think of is that you counted as the dead human for the cultists, and it was part of the summoning ritual.

Well, I wasn't a special, just a normal human. Summoning ritual makes sense, but that's kinda depressing if that's all, and didn't Squashua die before me? I'd just assume that the first member of a race to die would be the one that counted for the cultist.

Buzz Buzz on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think that I died because I made a post which said, essentially, Fucking gnomes and their Napoleon complexes.

Kind of dumb of me. Of course the little freaks are going to take umbrage at that. :P

I like this game though. Peppy. Quick.

GrimmyTOA on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    I was stupid enough to post a lot. :/

However, I was feeling the poetry.

I was stupid enough to sign up as me and not as either of my alts, Defender or Keith.

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    I hope you learned a valuable lesson, Squashua. But I am not sure what that lesson should be.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007
    I hope you learned a valuable lesson, Squashua.

Finding people out as badguys in other Phallas gets me targeted in future Phallas?

Yeah, good lesson.

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    I hope you learned a valuable lesson, Squashua.
    Being the player most forumers have a grudge against yet surviving "settle your grudge" Phalla gets me targeted in future Phallas?

Yeah, good lesson.

Fixed.

Seriously though, I won't be bandwagoning you without cause in the future. I only did it this time because I thought it was both appropriate and funny, and because I know you're a good sport.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007
    So, Grimmy, why did you two knock me off? What did I do that was so wrong? If it compromises the other player's identity, you probably shouldn't tell me, but I'm really curious.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    Hate to disappoint, Buzz Buzz, but in this Phalla my partner and I did the first kills pretty much randomly. Sorry that we ended up knocking you off -- I guess that's two Phallas now where that's happened on the first night. It's not personal, I assure you.

Of course, in Vampire my (old) partner and I did it intentionally to get people thinking about Space Phalla.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, Plutonium told me that that was the plan in VtP. And ugh. Randomly? Seriously, you know just how to make me a sad sad panda.

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    I know, I know, it was a cop out. Think of it this way though: The whole universe thought you were too big a threat to leave alive? Could be?

Sorry man, it didn't even occur to me how often you die at the beginning of games until the narration went up. If I'd have remembered I'd have tweaked the RNG results a bit.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited May 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    The whole universe thought you were too big a threat to leave alive?
    Mmm...yes, that's good for the ol' ego. :)

And if it happens again, then I'm gonna hafta start acting like Munkus. I guess that means talking like a Japanese tourist...or something.

I even constructed a plausible argument in my head for why you guys killed me. I was against the metagaming, which, if neither of the cultists are Inquisitor's roommate, might have meant that I was a gnome and knew the details behind the roommate situation, due to one of the other gnomes being Inquisitor's roommate. Therefore, in order to smack down a gnome, you attacked me. Of course, since that wasn't what you guys were thinking, this entire train of thought falls apart immediately. :)

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    Heh. It could have been true though. Would you like me to pretend that I thought it was? I'm happy to, if you'd like.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited May 2007
    Now now, indulging my delusions isn't going to help anyone. I just need to deal with reality. :)

Buzz Buzz on
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So now I am dead.
    I only wanted to live.
    Heart missing from chest.

Srsly, this makes 2 games in a row(3 total) where I've died the first night.

[edit]Also, people to need to pay more attention to details.

Last Son on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just want to tell you guys that I know everyone's secrets, and this feeling of power is super awesome. Running a phalla is going to be so much fun.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    goddamn thorpe going AWOL on the gnomes.

Unknown User on
    edited May 2007
    Howdy gnome. Nice try, douchebag. :)

It's looking good for that remaining cultist. Human, Plane-Walker, Gnome, and Half-Gnome, all toast.

Buzz Buzz on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    Let me just say that the one thing I liked about space phalla was the alternates incase someone had to drop out. Losing a seventh of your team due to inactivity really hurts.

Unknown User on
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    damn you robothero!

Serpent on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dammit Grimmy

You got me killed, even while dead.

Plutonium on
  • SnacksOnAPlaneSnacksOnAPlane Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man. :(

You are a Plane-walker!
    You do not fully exist in the physical realm, making you partially immune to all physical attacks. You cannot be killed by the Gnomes—however, if you are targeted by the Gnomes your role will be revealed in that night’s narration. You are on the side of the humans.

NOTE: If you are being guarded by the shield and have multiple attacks directed at you, the shield will block the Gnomes’ attack and the second attack will go through.

D:

SnacksOnAPlane on
    ~ * P R E S T I D I G I T A T I O N * ~
    edited May 2007
    Man. :(

You are a Plane-walker!
    You do not fully exist in the physical realm, making you partially immune to all physical attacks. You cannot be killed by the Gnomes—however, if you are targeted by the Gnomes your role will be revealed in that night’s narration. You are on the side of the humans.

NOTE: If you are being guarded by the shield and have multiple attacks directed at you, the shield will block the Gnomes’ attack and the second attack will go through.

D:

Could have made a good network mouthpiece if you'd have logged in sometime.

Squashua on
    edited May 2007
    Heh. Sorry Plutonium. That was unfortunate -- especially 'cause I didn't actually do anything. :P

GrimmyTOA on
  • SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i wonder why i died :(

I mean i barely started playing... today was going to be my day!

Serpent on
  • GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mother's day weekend is not a good time to host a Phalla, it seems. Inactivity is rampant and multiple people seem to have a lot of shit going down in their lives right now.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, it kinda stinks Gnasty. I was all ready for your game, and then the cultists RNG me, so I try to be active in Les Phalles, and no one's active over there. Your topic's moving pretty slowly, which is rather sad, since I liked the flavor of your game and think that the villagers could be playing a stronger game than they currently are. That said, there was a bit of bad luck for at least one of the village specials that I know about, so they haven't had everything going for them in terms of network building.

Darn stinkin' cultists. Next Phallanoia, I think I'm gonna have to !zap GrimmyTOA. Just letting you know, Grimmy. Ya ain't gonna live through day 1. :P

Buzz Buzz on
    edited May 2007
    Just letting you know, Grimmy. Ya ain't gonna live through day 1. :P

I sincerely hope we're on the same team then -- and provably so -- at the beginning of next game. Then who's laughing? Me.

That's who. :P

I'm sorry the Phalla's going slowly, Gnasty. The forum downtime coupled with the end of term (for some people) and Mothers' Day (for most people -- hopefully) ... it's unfortunate. Especially given how good the mechanics/style for this game are.

Hey... I've got an idea. Feel like bringing us all back to life? We'd liven up the thread, cause bona fide havoc amongst the living, and... well that's it. I don't see a downside to it though, really. Beyond undoing all of your hard work and aggravating a whole lot of people. Those are minor concerns though, obviously.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited May 2007
    It would spice things up to resurrect you, Grimmy. I could do some fun things with that.

We'll see. (Yeah, probably not gonna happen. But you can dream.)

EDIT: Actually now I have a good idea. I was already planning on doing something when the cultists achieved 75% of their goal, but now I have a much, much better idea. Unfortunately, Grimmy, it doesn't involve you coming back to life.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
    edited May 2007
    Booooooooooooo! :D

GrimmyTOA on
  • Abraham F. HawkAbraham F. Hawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well,

damn it.

What killed me? Stupid blue text.

Abraham F. Hawk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007
    Well,

damn it.

What killed me? Stupid blue text.

You must have given off a Gnome-ish vibe, because the vigilante decided to stab you to death.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How does frandelgearslip know what snacks power was, unless he's reading this thread?

I don't rememeber snacks stating his power in the main thread, unless it got spread out through PMs.

I dont know man, Dead threads seem like such a liability.

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    How does frandelgearslip know what snacks power was, unless he's reading this thread?

I don't rememeber snacks stating his power in the main thread, unless it got spread out through PMs.

I dont know man, Dead threads seem like such a liability.

Nah, Snacks posted it in the main thread after he died (WTF, by the way?)

So long as no one posts the name + role of a living player, I don't think there will be any issues. Most of what gets posted in these threads is stuff the living players could figure out if they were smarter.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007
    You're probably right.

Totally bummed I had to drop out.

I know people said I could just have not mentioned it and try to forget what I saw, but like, there's no way to really have it not influence my actions.

It just kind of taints the whole thing you know? If I thought the person was guilty of my own deduction I would still be hesitant to implicate the person in a vote because in the back of my head I would be wondering if I would have chosen the person without that knowledge.

I am gonna be extra careful next phalla.

Inquisitor on
    edited May 2007
    You're probably right.

I know people said I could just have not mentioned it and try to forget what I saw, but like, there's no way to really have it not influence my actions.

It just kind of taints the whole thing you know? If I thought the person was guilty of my own deduction I would still be hesitant to implicate the person in a vote because in the back of my head I would be wondering if I would have chosen the person without that knowledge.

You were put into a hard situation that really sucked. For what it's worth I think you made the right choice.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    edited May 2007
    You're probably right.

You were put into a hard situation that really sucked. For what it's worth I think you made the right choice.

<3

We can be special buddies next phalla!

Inquisitor on