As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I like drawing robots, mech and demonic things

• Options
    travistravistravistravis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BeautifulMonster.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Your anatomy seems a little uncertain at times, but your balls out whackyness is really neat. Have you ever done comics work?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac167/thehappyskull/BeautifulMonster.jpg

If you click this link and don't zoom in it looks smoother around the edges. I think I'd rather sell them privately to galleries. I'm not interested in comics much any more. One thing I know, get good enough and you can sell them any where and use them for anything, and I don't care what that is so long as I can continue drawing them.

travistravis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DemonClockColour.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    wow, I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet in this thread, but have you seen the graphic novel "Hard Boiled"?

I think it would be right up your alley.

I really dig the super busy, hyper detailed nature of your work! Keep it up!

brokecracker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Is it like the film?

travistravis on
  • Options
    brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    oh no, it is drawn by Geof Darrow, written by Frank Miller, and amazing. Not to be read for the story as much as to be pulled into the artwork.

brokecracker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    HellClocks.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    MabelmaMabelma Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's amazing, I love it. Keep up the great work. The only thing I can see wrong would be the bottom pipe just doesn't belong I think it would look better without it.

Mabelma on
    Have some time, check out my blog
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's the penis arm though. It's two arms, two tool arms, two legs and a penis.

travistravis on
  • Options
    Automatic JackAutomatic Jack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's the penis arm though. It's two arms, two tool arms, two legs and a penis
    It's refreshing to finally hear someone admit that the penis appendage was intentional.

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ships.jpg

For the guy that said I should draw a tank that might work lol ;)

Untitled-3.jpg

Succubus.jpg

Spinner.jpg

SpinningHellWheel.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    bullethellcharacter.jpg

bullethellspitout.jpg

Leg eye thing.

eyecockmonster.jpg

thing.

succubus.jpg

Succubus

badasssuit.jpg

scanned suit

travistravis on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    mechpaniccolour2.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    you continue to be awesome at drawing things

Food on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The use of figure and ground in that image is really interesting! Although because the the machinery on the right has lines it seems a little out of place now.

Flay on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This is all awesome, but I would like to see you incorporate some harder edged objects in future.

More like this one.
    Untitled-3.jpg

The hard edges on the tracks breaks up the gloopyness, which makes it less confusing on the eyes unlike when you have a monotony of rounded edges.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I wasn't sure if I did the robot Miller style if it would far away enough. To push it into the distance I generally used thinner lines and less graduation.

eyecockmonstercolour2.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Holy shit.

I love your stuff. I want to see what you can do with some digital painting, do you have a tablet/photoshop or anything comparable?

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yep, your linework is still ridiculously cool.

Carry on. :^:

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Holy shit.

I love your stuff. I want to see what you can do with some digital painting, do you have a tablet/photoshop or anything comparable?

Congratulations 100th poster!

I like using corel paint shop pro and the free paint.net. On photoshop are there tools that mimic painting? I learnt and colouring from painting with acrylics. A bit of college and a bit more copying the Blade Runner cover. I might go back to it. I can't remember which one it was but on of these pics I thought would look cool acrylic painted. I don't think they've beaten it on computer yet. Not that I can paint as well as that guy that did those computer paintings for that Marvel book. Though that may have been hand painted. I'd have to dig them out to get the name.

Anyway, if I did that, it would not look good. It's more fun to watch someone else do it properly.

travistravis on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm really into drawing. Especially right now. There's no time for any other thing. Except 3D things.

Its the clock one, I was thinking of painting the clock one.

travistravis on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I might draw something for the 200th post. I like round numbers and the number 200. Unless Tesco give me a job. Won't need to do this anymore lol. Actually if it continues at the same rate there should be almost 200 uploads on photobucket then.

travistravis on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    you are
    so
    weird

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    RubberAC wrote: »
    you are
    so
    weird

I'll take that as a compliment.

Anyway, giant flying turtle attack

turtle.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    turtle2.jpg
    :mrgreen:o_O:winky::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz::...: :zzz::zzz::zzz:

travistravis on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Okay, I have a task for you. Not for you to get better or anything, just because I think it'd be awesome:

So, take a really famous religious painting, and then replace all the figures and important elements with these strange stream-of-consciousness drawings you do. Just trust me; it'll be fun

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Okay, I have a task for you. Not for you to get better or anything, just because I think it'd be awesome:

So, take a really famous religious painting, and then replace all the figures and important elements with these strange stream-of-consciousness drawings you do. Just trust me; it'll be fun

I'll take you word for it

travistravis on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I'll take you word for it

Does that mean you'll do it? Because it's a good idea.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    nope it dont

maniczombie.jpg

demonhellcastle.jpg

book.jpg

rockethands.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Goddammit.
    Cool new stuff though.

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'll be more explicit for him:

Just take thirteen of the crazy organisms you've already drawn and put a long table in front of them. The Last Supper, by travistravis. Aaaaaand done.

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I don't know why I would do that though. I don't know what it is trying to say and it's not my idea.

travistravis on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't know why I would do that though. I don't know what it is trying to say and it's not my idea.

It'd give your drawings a little more impact to put them into a powerful composition.

But fuck "saying" stuff. Making sense out of nonsense is what viewers are for.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That's sort of my point. I'm not really trying to say anything and don't really intend to through the medium of illustration. If you start using religious paintings as a guide people will start to wonder if there is a political, social or theological motive behind it.

travistravis on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That's sort of my point. I'm not really trying to say anything and don't really intend to through the medium of illustration. If you start using religious paintings as a guide people will start to wonder if there is a political, social or theological motive behind it.
    I do get a bit giddy when I'm imagining there's a universe your creations would live and breath in.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Or you could state that you have no such motives. But what does it really matter anyway? Is it that bad if someone reads unintended themes into your work?

Paradise on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    I do get a bit giddy when I'm imagining there's a universe your creations would live and breath in.
    You and travis should definitely check out SCUD : The Disposable Assassin if you've never heard of it before.

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Been busy working on things. Also have been trying to find another wensite other than photobucket, one that has a shorter address.

anyway new thing

littledeathtankwithelectricspikes.jpg

and old things scanned or made less murky

veteranhunter.jpg

badassyoji-1.jpg

masterdaemonknight3333.jpg

travistravis on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dude I looooove your stuff!

when I look at your pieces, I am immediately reminded of the character designs and concept art from the first Kingdom Hearts game(link), is Tetsuya Nomura an influence in your style?

VALVEjunkie on