As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Third Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament (Enrollment Closed)

• Options
    StarDancinStarDancin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aereus wrote: »
    There are some Gryffindor pictures but as long as I'm head of house our focus will always be on SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS. :lol:

tbsp.smugmug.com/
    arcticxc.smugmug.com/

Oh man wow thank you for this. Ahahaha. I was hoping I would get to see the CCP party pictures.

I'm going to TRY to take a picture for every shot I take next year. My pictures/video might end up exclusively being *of* shots, but it'll still be a step in the right direction. And help me remember how much I'm drinking.

Pure awesomeness! I actually found a decent photo of me-I'm the muggle in the purple shirt smiling with the silver necklace-I had a incredible time that night!

StarDancin on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    juju wrote: »
    I spent the entire time apologizing to the bouncer when we clashed with Slytherin. Hufflepuff and Slytherin alike TOTALLY jumping out of windows with open containers of alcohol.

I don't know about the open containers of alcohol but I jumped into a window for some tho.
    Sorry for that now that I remember/think about it.
    Crispy262 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the video Binkley! How many drunken Hufflepuff's does it take to figure out a GPS?? we made to Barca eventually LOL

Shout out to my boy Adestar for seeing my through to the end! Also big props to our super House girl JuJu^^

The frat guy's name was Garrett but I didn't see him after Clever Dunne's. Good times!

Crispy!!! Man going to have to hang out again brother. Fun night!

adester on
  • Options
    BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Binkley I think you gave me your Child's Play donation in a bag of fives ;)

I will totes def help out in running Hufflepuff next year... or maybe I should defect? ;)

Yeah like every week starting a while back I would just throw a five-dollar-bill in a bag and that was the end result.

Also you can't defect, you're the rock of Hufflepuff. Without you who knows what's gonna happen to this house?! ;-)

adester wrote: »
    ah man. I was hanging out with you at the first bit and at interview with the bartender. The guy with the glasses from Ravenclaw was my challenge too.
    I don't know what happen to the frat boy at the end but I didn't see him at all during pax.

Yeah I never saw that guy (Garrett) again after Clever Dunnes where we did Jager out of his hip flask. He vanished into the night!
    Crispy262 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the video Binkley! How many drunken Hufflepuff's does it take to figure out a GPS?? we made to Barca eventually LOL

Shout out to my boy Adestar for seeing my through to the end! Also big props to our super House girl JuJu^^

The frat guy's name was Garrett but I didn't see him after Clever Dunne's. Good times!

Yeah you don't have to tell me. :P Without your help there would be no ending to this video. :mrgreen:

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I finally got around to watching that video Brinkley. It was pretty good. I liked the little interview you had with Fernando. I used to be a regular at that bar and he is a great guy.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I've been putting this post off because unfortunately it means that our wizarding fun is over for the year but here goes:

I want to thank each and every witch, wizard, and muggle that came out and joined for The Third Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament. Without you this would not happen. Whether you volunteered to lead a house, threw a few bucks in the donation bucket, or simply showed up to drink you helped make this event happen. Honestly, if not for the TWDT I probably would not make the trip out to Seattle year after year. Seeing so many people having fun makes me so glad that organizing the bar crawl fell into my lap. I'd hate to think of life without a TWDT. :lol: With that out of the way, let's get onto the meatier bits of this post.

House Totals

Two weeks ago, when Slytherin's leadership said that they were going to make a major comeback this year and win the House Cup most people laughed. But if you could have seen the conviction in their eyes when tey told me this you would not have doubted them for a moment. And to prove it, they now have a new glass to drink out of!
    41266_427957656709_689996709_5485919_6480624_n.jpg

Congratulations to Slytherin! All your hard work paid off this year and has set the bar for all other houses to follow!

House Totals
    Slytherin: $945.45
    Gryffindor: $686
    Hufflepuff: $647.97
    Ravenclaw: $376.25

Hogwarts School of Drunken Revelry Total: $2655.67 (Before administrative fees)

Nearly $2700 raised for charity by a bunch of surly drunks? What is the world coming to? Considering there were less than 400 of us and only had 5 hours, this is absolutely amazing! Every time I think that it isn't possible to top a previous crawl's total you do it anyway! Our drunken antics have now raised over $4000 total for Child's Play. You should all pat yourself on the back and anyone presenting a bar crawl button is always entitled to a free hug from me (One per customer, please). For those of you who cheered for me during the Q&A when I threw the big sack o' cash at Gabe & Tycho, thank you! The light was really bright and throwing me off my game. It's not because I was nervous and sleep deprived. Nuh uh! ;)

Feedback

So here's the part where I ask for your feedback about what you liked about the TWDT and more importantly what you didn't like. Specifically, I am looking for feedback about the drinking challenges, bars, house leadership, and anything else you want to add. Now before I get a bunch of PMs complaining about the crowding issues allow me to apologize in advance. Neither myself nor anyone else expected this years bar crawl to balloon to the point where it imploded in on itself. I already have a plan in place for next year to correct this and will still allow for the same number of students. I've already bounced the idea off a lot of people and have received very positive feedback so I will be testing the format at the 2011 Pokecrawl.

Heads of House: We will be needing more leadership for the 4th annual TWDT. Keep in mind anyone you want to nominate.

Pokecrawl

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the Pokecrawl has entered the preplanning stage. The 2010 Pokecrawl was fun but an absolute mess. To add to that, this year's Pokecrawl is going to be in a completely different location. Because of this, I have already started scouting locations and have an Inside Bro helping with this. Unfortunately, there isn't anything near the hotels so there will be some travel involved at the end either by the red line or by taxi. The crawl will be starting and ending earlier so people can catch the red line. Once I put up the thread I will be looking for more volunteers to lead the groups as well as sober volunteers who can help herd cats at the end of the night.

Thanks again everyone for another great bar crawl and I hope to see you all at The Fourth Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament if not at Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Yay! Congratulations everyone, that is awesome!

Also, don't fear the Red Line in Boston! It will be the golden carriage that skirts us away to drinking goodness! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I think we should have a permanent GPS guy/girl for the group thats sober to make sure we all make it without touring the city. :D

On the side note It was an awesome time. I've been all over the world with all kinds of people and I gotta say that was one of the most fun nights I've ever had.
    It was worth missing a few hours of pax for.

adester on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think we should have a permanent GPS guy/girl for the group thats sober to make sure we all make it without touring the city. :D

On the side note It was an awesome time. I've been all over the world with all kinds of people and I gotta say that was one of the most fun nights I've ever had.

missing a few hours of pax??????

Shade on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Shade wrote: »

Apparently people miss part of PAX due to TWDT hangovers. That's the kind of accomplishment I put on my resume. :lol:

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    AereusAereus CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Apparently people miss part of PAX due to TWDT hangovers. That's the kind of accomplishment I put on my resume. :lol:

The worst hangover of my life came from the Pokecrawl earlier this year. Missed several hours of PAX while I laid on the bathroom floor trying to make a literal map of everything I drank the night before.

There was a lot of gray area, but I know it ended with a Zombie cocktail and shouting Journey so A+ success.

Aereus on
    Twitter is serious business.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Shade wrote: »

haha. I went back to sleep man.
    Jager bombs, Guinness, blue moon, Irish car bombs, couple double shots, and pitchers (whatever that was) of beer.
    Then donkey fart and patron to finish it all off.

adester on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    donkey fart

Please expand on this. D:

Aereus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Aereus wrote: »
    donkey fart

Please expand on this. D:

I'm guessing its something like a duck fart?
    I think Baileys was in it, it possible has Kahlua but tasted like 151 in it or something.
    I doubt it was 151 but what do I know. I don't even know where that bar was and I stumpled into the ladies bathroom. Thats a story in its own.

adester on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Any night where a bunch of Canadians get drunk enough that we forget all our modesty and self-effacement and belt out Oh Canada at the top of our lungs at our final bar (Cafe Met) is a good night for me.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pics! (TWDT starts about 1/4 the way into the album) Be warned, limited photography skills + alcohol = blurry blurry photos ^^;

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2753807&id=10015712&l=d92bd92bc6

AltDelete on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love you guys. <3

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I didn't wake up hung over, but I'm pretty sure I woke up still drunk.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I woke up still drunk.

That's even better.

Aereus on
  • Options
    SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Ditto.

SlickShughes on
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Ditto.

Thirded.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pokecrawl

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

My best guess, if you're referencing the Red Line, I'm *hoping* that you're talking about using them Central Sq-Harvard Sq bars along Mass Ave. Am I warm?

And that would make me *so* happy since I live walking/easy cabbing distance from there. <3

Can't wait to see y'all on Team Green, the best team ever.

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    And that would make me *so* happy since I live walking/easy cabbing distance from there. <3

Oooooh lucky! :3 I won't feel bad challenging you knowing you can walk home. XD

Aereus on
  • Options
    delicious3.14delicious3.14 Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Can't wait to see y'all on Team Green, the best team ever.

Now I'm super excited too! I'm glad you had a blast on our team, you made the best alcoholic Togepi ever! :mrgreen:

delicious3.14 on
    PAX East '11 Pokecrawl || Team Green B Poke Prof.
    PAX Prime '10 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Ravenclaw House!
    PAX East '10 Pokecrawl || Team Green PokeAsst♀
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Feedback (from our group of four in Hufflepuff):

The Chapel - It was a slow start to the evening, with our head boy and head girl arriving about 15 to 30 minutes late. Our head boy didn't seem to realize that he was, in fact, the head boy (or perhaps it was a clever ruse, in which case, well played sir!). In any case, the bar was understaffed and several people who ordered food and/or drinks either got their orders messed up, or didn't get them at all. The only saving grace was the generous donation of our (incognito) head boy buying a massive round of Vodka shots for the entire team. It was crappy Vodka, but crappy or not it was free (to us). We actually left The Chapel about 10 minutes early because it was such a horrible place. Overall impression: awful

The Elite - On our way to The Elite, we were apprehended by several Ravenclaws who old us that The Elite simply couldn't handle the number of people we had, and suggested we split off and go to Clever Dunne's. We really enjoyed that bar last year, and it was next on our list, so we quickly agreed. Overall impression: poor

Clever Dunne's - We loved this bar last year (and actually stayed here for TWO challenges). We still enjoyed it this year. But, after being at Clever Dunne's for over two hours, we decided to go over to The Elite. No joke, that place is TINY. Luckily, we snuck in after the last wave of Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff had left, but well before the next wave of Gryphindor/Hufflepuff arrived. We had a nice time chatting with a lonely gay man who tried hitting on me (until he learned that I was part of a couple). After that we went back to Clever Dunne's, just missing the Gryphindor wave's arrival. Overall impression: good

The Elite (again?) - the line outside the bar was atrocious. I was slowly walking past when a friend from a prior lifetime recognized me and shouted out my name ("Hey, Stupid!" actually isn't an insult to me, you know). I grabbed her and we escaped back to Clever Dunne's where we caught up on old times and shared a drink or two. Overall impression: poor

Barca - Our Head of House was nursing a broken foot, so we didn't even make it to this final bar. Which is too bad, because this was probably my favorite bar last year. We did walk TO Barca, to retrive one of our PAX group who had gone on ahead of us. We went in, grabbed him, and walked home. Overall impression: poor

Good points:
    + was able to make new friends
    + was able to reconnect with old friends

Bad points:
    - The Chapel; Can we not include this bar next year? Really.
    - Our team never actually went to The Elite, even though this bar was on our docket TWICE
    - Our team never actually went to Barca, one of our favorite bars from last year.
    - Our house never went to The Crescent, the kareoke bar. This denied our entire house a group sing-a-long opportunity.
    - Too many people in each house. We actually did better after the team separated into little cliques of 10-12 and we kinda stuck with those people.
    - Our head of house had limited mobility and our head boy was passed out drunk by 11PM, leaving our house with no leadership and only minimal direction. We had to ask the opposing house's what the challenges were!
    - We spent the entire night (outside of the first 30 minutes) at Clever Dunne's. It's a fine establishment, but we signed up for a pub CRAWL, not a pub SIT. As a result, we didn't drink all that much and no one in our group had any trouble getting up for breakfast at 8AM the next morning.

Also, I didn't know it at the time, but I was a carrier for some sort of cold bug. I was feeling out-of-sorts all day on Friday - vertigo, nausea, blurred vision, not just a hangover - and it really hit hard on Tuesday when we got home. I managed to infect my entire gaming group (they are all deathly sick this weekend), and I'm sure more than a few people on my team and at PAX. If anyone ended up with a really nasty ear/throat bug, that was my fault. I apologize for that. I honestly did not know I was sick. If it's any consolation, you should be past the worst of it by the time you read this.

Overall, I'd give this year's pub crawl a grade of a D+
    It wasn't a complete failure, but it certainly wasn't anywhere near the highlight that last year's pub crawl was. In retrospect, I think we would have had more fun staying at our hotel and playing board games, and mixing our own drinks.

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Stupid wrote: »
    The Chapel - It was a slow start to the evening, with our head boy and head girl arriving about 15 to 30 minutes late. Our head boy didn't seem to realize that he was, in fact, the head boy (or perhaps it was a clever ruse, in which case, well played sir!). In any case, the bar was understaffed and several people who ordered food and/or drinks either got their orders messed up, or didn't get them at all. The only saving grace was the generous donation of our (incognito) head boy buying a massive round of Vodka shots for the entire team. It was crappy Vodka, but crappy or not it was free (to us). We actually left The Chapel about 10 minutes early because it was such a horrible place. Overall impression: awful

The Elite - On our way to The Elite, we were apprehended by several Ravenclaws who old us that The Elite simply couldn't handle the number of people we had, and suggested we split off and go to Clever Dunne's. We really enjoyed that bar last year, and it was next on our list, so we quickly agreed. Overall impression: poor

Clever Dunne's - We loved this bar last year (and actually stayed here for TWO challenges). We still enjoyed it this year. But, after being at Clever Dunne's for over two hours, we decided to go over to The Elite. No joke, that place is TINY. Luckily, we snuck in after the last wave of Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff had left, but well before the next wave of Gryphindor/Hufflepuff arrived. We had a nice time chatting with a lonely gay man who tried hitting on me (until he learned that I was part of a couple). After that we went back to Clever Dunne's, just missing the Gryphindor wave's arrival. Overall impression: good

The Elite (again?) - the line outside the bar was atrocious. I was slowly walking past when a friend from a prior lifetime recognized me and shouted out my name ("Hey, Stupid!" actually isn't an insult to me, you know). I grabbed her and we escaped back to Clever Dunne's where we caught up on old times and shared a drink or two. Overall impression: poor

Barca - Our Head of House was nursing a broken foot, so we didn't even make it to this final bar. Which is too bad, because this was probably my favorite bar last year. We did walk TO Barca, to retrive one of our PAX group who had gone on ahead of us. We went in, grabbed him, and walked home. Overall impression: poor

Good points:

Bad points:
    - Our team never actually went to The Elite, even though this bar was on our docket TWICE
    - Our team never actually went to Barca, one of our favorite bars from last year.
    - Our house never went to The Crescent, the kareoke bar. This denied our entire house a group sing-a-long opportunity.
    - Too many people in each house. We actually did better after the team separated into little cliques of 10-12 and we kinda stuck with those people.
    - Our head of house had limited mobility and our head boy was passed out drunk by 11PM, leaving our house with no leadership and only minimal direction. We had to ask the opposing house's what the challenges were!
    - We spent the entire night (outside of the first 30 minutes) at Clever Dunne's. It's a fine establishment, but we signed up for a pub CRAWL, not a pub SIT. As a result, we didn't drink all that much and no one in our group had any trouble getting up for breakfast at 8AM the next morning.

Also, I didn't know it at the time, but I was a carrier for some sort of cold bug. I was feeling out-of-sorts all day on Friday - vertigo, nausea, blurred vision, not just a hangover - and it really hit hard on Tuesday when we got home. I managed to infect my entire gaming group (they are all deathly sick this weekend), and I'm sure more than a few people on my team and at PAX. If anyone ended up with a really nasty ear/throat bug, that was my fault. I apologize for that. I honestly did not know I was sick. If it's any consolation, you should be past the worst of it by the time you read this.

It wasn't a complete failure, but it certainly wasn't anywhere near the highlight that last year's pub crawl was. In retrospect, I think we would have had more fun staying at our hotel and playing board games, and mixing our own drinks.

I'm sorry your time that night was bad. If it was that bad of a time I would of left earlier then.
    I wouldn't expect a good time to be thrown at me, but the group I was around made a good time out of it anyways.

adester on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hey Stupid, running into you during our duels was the highlight of my evening as well. Hopefully you have more fun next year, and we can duel again!

Also, a random suggestion: I know that you guys already have head boy and head girl positions, but may I suggest the addition of a "Prefect" rank: Sub-leaders who can be relied on to have maps, lead earlier expeditions once some people have already dueled, and hang behind to pick up stragglers. I'd be willing to help out and make some big fancy silver-esque "P" buttons

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Posts like this really make me want to cry because I tried so hard to get to know everyone so I could make sure people could come to me. But I guess I missed a few here or there. Sadface.

Stupid, I'm really sorry you had a terrible time in Hufflepuff House. I feel personally responsible for it, but here's my POV that no one really knows except for Atlus, who I've been in relatively constant communication with post-PAX as to the goings-on in Hufflepuff. I feel I owe you guys an explanation.

Some responses to your post...
    It was a slow start to the evening, with our head boy and head girl arriving about 15 to 30 minutes late. Our head boy didn't seem to realize that he was, in fact, the head boy (or perhaps it was a clever ruse, in which case, well played sir!).

I was late, because I got lost. I informed the HoH via text and Twitter so she knew I was omw. I got no response. I too arrived to chaos. I never even met the Head Boy, although I did eventually find out what happened to him. I didn't even know who to look for because I didn't know who he was.
    (incognito) head boy buying a massive round of Vodka shots for the entire team. It was crappy Vodka, but crappy or not it was free (to us).

This is probably why I never met him.

As I am not from Seattle, and didn't meet the Head Boy, I had to stay behind to usher everyone and get the stragglers so I didn't notice the scene at Elite until I got there. Ravenclaw had already split up the team by the time I had made it and introduced myself, which was awesome.

I was trying to get out there and make rounds, telling people to get into Elite early if they wanted to complete challenges early at the bar and not get stuck at Clever Dunne's. Believe it or not, there were points in time where Elite had no lines in the second round of Elite as a bar (I didn't make the bar schedule for us, I just followed it... after what people said about Crescent it was a shame it wasn't one of our stops). I knew when looking at the schedule we'd be stuck at Clever Dunne's for 3 hours, so I let Hufflepuffs know 30 min that if they wanted change of venue they'd have to leave soon. I must've missed your team. :\

I also jaywalked and ran down the street between the two bars looking for the Gryffindor leadership to send them to Clever Dunne's. They thought we could do Elite at first by getting me to get some Hufflepuff to pair off beforehand, but Elite's barstaff wanted no part in moving the line along and by Bar 3 no one really had the presence of mind to complete their challenges and maybe move on to an overflow bar. Hence, Elite was packed, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Hufflepuff actually did make it to Barca. The Head of House should've told you, because she KNEW I was taking the team there... she gave me the buttons and materials to even do so. I know, because by that point, I was the only person running the team by this point. We made it there about 12:15-12:20 because it was a 15 minute walk, and I had about 40 people with me. I gave out Patronus buttons to everyone at Barca, and stayed until last call.

Again, I'm really sorry you had a shitty experience. My night ended up sober (the whole way through), fishing out my Hufflepuff comrade and one of my best friends from the emergency room because I lost him on the way to Barca. I wanted to go find him before he got into too much trouble but i had ~40 drunk people and a responsibility to get to Barca, finish the crawl and collect Child's Play donations ($120 at Barca alone, thanks guys). Luckily he landed in the arms of my best friends on the crawl who were in Ravenclaw who took care of him until the ambulance arrived.

I'm really, personally upset you had a bad time.

This was my first PAX Prime barcrawl. I was just a spectator at the Pokecrawl, and was asked to volunteer for the spot. I knew I had to stay relatively sober and tried my hardest. Little did I know I would be running the whole team by the end of the night. I know it's a position of responsibility to head up a barcrawl and I'm not upset I didn't get drunk. I knew it just probably wouldn't happen especially when I saw the size of the teams.

If I had known how things were on other teams, I would've done more, like make prizes or gifts to collect more money for Child's Play. Or a banner, or something. I was told to bring nothing with the exception of what Atlus sent in PMs to the leadership teams.

If anyone else had any serious problems with my leadership, let me know, either here or via PM. I can't say I had a great drunken time, but it was really you guys that tilted it towards the positive. I didn't take on Head Girl as a position because I am a Harry Potter fangirl or I like to powertrip -- it was just sort of given to me, and I really, really tried my hardest to do what I could under the given circumstances. I want to help out for next year's crawl as well as the Pokecrawl, so suggestions with what I could do to help improve your experience are more than welcome. I'm just so sorry it had to end up like that for you. I hope we can improve on it next year.

- juju

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    NullthreadNullthread Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Did the Bohemian Rhapsody awesomeness ever made it to be a linkable video on the interwebs?! That was the coolest thing ever. EVER.
    Pics! (TWDT starts about 1/4 the way into the album) Be warned, limited photography skills + alcohol = blurry blurry photos ^^;

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=d92bd92bc6

I actually came out in these pictures. As a little face. It's like spotting Waldo-- but only Mexican and not as interesting?

Nullthread on
  • Options
    HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Still waiting for the Bohemian Rhapsody video myself. I don't know if I'm more proud of being on stage for that or being on stage for the Omegathon. XD

Heleor on
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Having been sober myself the bulk of the evening, I saw first hand what juju was dealing with by herself. I think she did the best she could under the circumstances. She was pretty stressed by the time Gryffindor showed up at The Elite and Clever Dunnes. I don't even know how she managed to get that group over to Barca because people were wanting to wander off in every direction and then try and follow the Gryffindors in the opposite direction.

I think the question that could be asked is, if some of the Hufflepuffs were well aware their leadership was crippled, why didn't any of them step up to help out/fill in?

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Steel Fire wrote: »
    I think the question that could be asked is, if some of the Hufflepuffs were well aware their leadership was crippled, why didn't any of them step up to help out/fill in?

It's all ok to point fingers. You did happen to notice and I don't think it would of mattered what school you were if you did. I didn't know it was that bad actually. I was more trying to make sure the guys I was with weren't getting left.

adester on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also, I know from experience that it is really difficult to take impromptu control of a group situation, even if the leadership is down/MIA/in some sort of trouble. That's why I suggested a Prefect rank... if some random drunk suggests we skip a bar or leave for the next bar early people are unlikely to follow, but if they're in some kind of pre-established authority position it'll be easier for them to take over in a crisis.

In potter lore there are two prefects for 5, 6, and 7th form - so six total at any time, plus the head boy. I think having 4-6 Prefects per house would really help the organization. Also it might help if all the house officers had each other's cell numbers, in case of emergency change of plans/someone getting lost.

Prefects could sign off on scorecards, help out with button/scorecard distribution in the beginning, and lead smaller sub-groups. If a Head Boy or Head Girl is lost or has to step down/retire for any reason a Prefect could be appointed quickly to take their place, either temporarily or for the whole night.

Cultural Geek Girl on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

You're grading the pub-crawl?

o_O

theres-the-door-now-get-the-%25&@%23-out.jpg

EDIT:
    Supplying Atlus with constructive feedback benefits the TWDT. Being condescending, overly-negative and saying that you would have had more fun staying in your hotel room does not.

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also, I know from experience that it is really difficult to take impromptu control of a group situation, even if the leadership is down/MIA/in some sort of trouble. That's why I suggested a Prefect rank... if some random drunk suggests we skip a bar or leave for the next bar early people are unlikely to follow, but if they're in some kind of pre-established authority position it'll be easier for them to take over in a crisis.

In potter lore there are two prefects for 5, 6, and 7th form - so six total at any time, plus the head boy. I think having 4-6 Prefects per house would really help the organization. Also it might help if all the house officers had each other's cell numbers, in case of emergency change of plans/someone getting lost.

Prefects could sign off on scorecards, help out with button/scorecard distribution in the beginning, and lead smaller sub-groups. If a Head Boy or Head Girl is lost or has to step down/retire for any reason a Prefect could be appointed quickly to take their place, either temporarily or for the whole night.

I would be for that and would be one of the first to volunteer to help at the next prime. If needed maybe the pokecrawl.

adester on
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Good points:

Bad points:

GOD DAMN IT MAN. Heres a tldr of the aptly named "stupids" wall o text

TO MANY PEOPLE, SOME GUY SHOWED UP LATE!

This is a bar crawl mate the entire god damned point is to get a stupid number of people blind drunk if you don't like it go sit in some other bar then join up with the team. Also as atlus has said he will fix this at next years crawl it's not his fault the chapel had all of 2 servers. All the bars were warned many times and it being the third year they should know better.

So if you feel the need to "grade" the crawl how about you grade it oh how you lacked the balls to even stay at the last bar, man up close that fucker. The only reason any of you felt great the next day was probably because you got like 1 drink at each bar rather than getting 2 or three like most people did. I stayed at the chapel most all of the night and by getting 2-3 drinks a go i stayed "hydrated" the entire night.

So next year how about you print out the map and bar crawl info so if you and your cronies just have to be alone you can meet up with what ever team will have to deal with you next year. Other than that the doors over there i think you know how to use it.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    @Stupid: While I will address some of your points individually, please note that a lot of your complaints are directed towards the overcrowding we experienced. The bar crawl this year was too popular for its own good. This is a fact and we knew this going in. Obviously this was a litmus test for what the bars in Capitol Hill can and can't handle. They can't 200 of us at a time and even with contingency plans in place we just could not properly coordinate 400 drunk people at once. As I stated in my post requesting feedback I did say that we already have a plan in place for next year that we will be testing at East. It will allow for the same amount of people to attend but fix the crowding issues.

We will not be dropping any bars from the route. With the new format we will actually be adding more bars.

Which means we will be expanding the number of leadership roles and yes I have already added sober volunteers to help each house/team.

Hufflepuff? Not much I can really say here. Hufflepuff leadership was fractured from the get go starting with one head going down by the end of the first bar leading to a blown ankle and ending in someone being rushed to the ER. These were not easy circumstances for anyone to work under and by the time I finally met up with juju I was surprised that she was still standing. Even more amazing is the fact that she's coming back for more.

I do appreciate your feedback and honestly don't care that it's negative because I do care that everyone has the best experience possible. But please remember that we only get one shot at this a year and life is unpredictable. Also, my PM box. It is always open. :)

@Cultural Geek Girl & adester: I am definitely looking into sober volunteers and will be testing the idea at East. So fear not!

@juju: As I've told you before, you did everything possible under the circumstances and made sacrifices to stay with your house. It's unfair for anyone to ask anything more from you. You will always have a hug and a place in the bar crawls as long as I'm around.

@Everyone trolling: Is it bad when I'm the one asking people not to troll? :P

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll throw in my night. Ravenclaw representing! Ca-Caw!
    Got slightly lost on the way to the first bar.Turned out we were going the right way just not far enough.

Got to the first bar with Russian and Aussie in tow. Head girl was there handing out cards and taking donations(yay Sumi!) Passed the proper attire(we got stickers on our score cards btw).

$1 beers woot! $9 double shot special(my special was more like 4 shots due to me complimenting the bartenders tattoos). Passed first challenge! Met some (more) canadians! Hit on pretty shorted haired canadian(Mel?) to the annoyance of the guy she was with. Hit on the guy she was with(eric?) to the amusement of both!

To the next bar! Sing Kiss me I'm shit faces mixed with cawing! go wrong direction a few times but find the right place pretty quick. Next bar WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THE AWESOME THAT WAS US.

Luckily the next next bar was across the street. Intercept some puffer huffs and head inside. No tarantula tequila and I was sad...Made due with generic tequila. Drank more beer with Aussie and Russian. Drank BAD micro brew. Gettin a little fuzzy around this point. Attempt to breakdance outside on 40 degree hill. Failure! But comedic failure!

Next bar! a church thingy? Lost the canadians aww... OMG strobes lights! *DANCIN* Meet pretty girl(tasha?). Buy overpriced $6 single shot WTF? More beer???

Next bar: MothaFin karaoke! Found candians! Lost russain and Aussie, wait no there they are with old biker dude! Buy shots with random dude? MORE BEER!!11!!

WHERE AM I? No clue, follow the massive crowd. Am I still with the ravenclaw group? Tenitive Ca-caw: Crowd Caws back! Ok whew!

KISS ME! I'm SHIT FACED. I'm DRUNK SOILED and broWN!!....everyones singing in an irish accent now(mines scottish)

Cops pull up: Are you guys ok?

Me(still with a scottish accent): We're great but thanks for asking mate!

WahttehfuksgoinonanwatryougivingmehOhheyPATRON! SCORE CARD FULL ACHEIVMENT UNLOCKED : Alcoholism HERE HAVE A PWNY STATUE oh thank you Sumi your awesome! oh cool and a button(forgot to get my patronus button though).... I'll brb..

Trots over to an alley.

*HURKBLARG*

*BLARF*

Russian comes over: You ok?

Me: yeah, hold on one more *URKLEGLArP*

Me: Ok lets head home. Check out my statue

Russian: Thats fuckin awesome!

Me: I know, right?

Walk back to hotel singing kiss me I'm shit faced with random Ca-cawing.

Grade: Ravenclaw FUCK YEAH!.. wait no... +A!

Shade on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Steel Fire wrote: »

It's all ok to point fingers. You did happen to notice and I don't think it would of mattered what school you were if you did. I didn't know it was that bad actually. I was more trying to make sure the guys I was with weren't getting left.

It wasn't that bad for a long time. I was standing outside during 2nd challenge doing my thing, stampin' dem cards. Then the exponentially drunker kicked in.

I did ask for help from a few people over the course of the night but they were pretty blasted and of no help. By challenge 3, people were at least 4 drinks in, and most people were too impaired to help by that time.

Thanks for the thumbs up, Atlus. <3

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

I am not sure if he was the head boy or not as we met up with him at the Pre-Wizarding dinner and he made no mention of it there. Atlus handed me the Hufflepuff stuff and asked that I bring it over to the Chapel. I worked with Adestar to make sure everyone got a scorecard and house button. Once Tehnaki and JuJu made it to bar I handed over the envelopes to the proper leaders.

Not sure what else to say but sorry that you didn't have a super awesome time. Based on the circumstances, I think our team did about as good as it could. Thanks again to JuJu for holding everything together to the end - hopefully next year will be smoother :D

I am willing to help out as needed for !Hufflepuff's return to glory next year!

Crispy262 on
    vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    juju? I didn't get to meet you as I was in Slytherin, but from what I had heard and am reading now, you did the best you could do. You have absolutely nothing to be upset about because you had things working against you from the very start. Hufflepuff, very clearly, had it harder this year than any other house and considering that...well done.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
This discussion has been closed.