As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(Doodle) All Night Long (NSFW)

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    It is supposed to be pretty hot, Added some blues to see how it looks, I kinda dont have a preference one way or the other at this point, but the variation is probably better:
    orangeswblue.png

Iruka on
  • GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    4987507549_e72b140c45.jpg

Something ive been working on as a warm up off and on the past couple days

Greatnation on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    mario25.jpg

orangeswblue.png

4987507549_e72b140c45.jpg

DMAC on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well Mario's outfit certainly is... form-fitting

Iruka I think the blues are servicing the image nicely.

Fugitive on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Heh. It's based on this classic Mario art:

Mario_SMB.png

DMAC on
  • LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    lovin the mario..

Updated garphics reel
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub2OWAMZe_A

Leggraphics on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There's some obvious edits in the music towards the end Legg, but apart from that not too bad. Of course I've nothing to compare them with, so I'm assuming this is on par with industry standard?

Mustang on
  • r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i'd say it's probably still too long legg. all you want to show case is youre absolute best stuff. i'd scrap the pant walk cycle, the dog getting up, the clothes floating and the tyres morphing into a smilie face.

r-jasper on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Great nation - that is freaking awesome. I love the tones

Acrylic B&W painting working on

So far just building up the face gradually. trying to get the values consistant.

After using oils for such a long time, i realise how annoying it is that acrylics go on the board very bright, but dry darker. Its particularly bad with Black and Whites. Very hard to manage.

mr-eastwood.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh man iruka i love that tiger

mcRJT.jpg

quick fanart, wished i could fix his head but i accidentally saved the jpeg version over the .psd :<

mensch-o-matic on
    edited September 2010
    i accidentally saved the jpeg version over the .psd

How the hell did you manage that? Are you sure it's not still in the folder?

Mustang on
    edited September 2010
    Mustang wrote: »
    i accidentally saved the jpeg version over the .psd

How the hell did you manage that? Are you sure it's not still in the folder?

sorry, i was unclear; i saved the jpeg first and later closed photoshop without ever having saved the psd version

usually i save as a psd like halfway through a pic but this one was quick and i was reckless, whoops

mensch-o-matic on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i really dig the face but the neck area is lookin' broken

Projeck on
    edited September 2010
    Projeck wrote: »
    i really dig the face but the neck area is lookin' broken

thats what i wanted to fix

didnt realize the head was placed wrong until looking at it again like an hour after i deleted the psd :T

its actually annoying me more the more i look at it, i might honestly just go back and try to fix it anyway maybe tomorrow

mensch-o-matic on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    mechanic1.png

pose from this
    0000-8504-4%7EPin-Up-Girl-Army-Air-Force-Posters.jpg

mully on
    edited September 2010
    She's got some pretty hefty cleavage going on, which probably wouldn't happen considering that open jacket doesn't look like it's providing a whole lot of support.

And I don't know if you're trying to capture the spirit of the image or just the pose, but if you're going for the cheerful variety of pinup you should broaden her smile. Just turning up the corners would be a huge improvement.

Otherwise it's coming along nicely! The face looks great.

Fugitive on
    edited September 2010
    you're right - i will make her smile, i have a habit of drawing pouty sultry females instead of happy ones
    and yeah, trust me, i know the reality of the cleavage but it's for art

mully on
    edited September 2010
    Get some control + T going to minimize that maximus gluteus.

I wish I could control + T some of my body parts, digital characters don't know how lucky they've got it.

Mustang on
    edited September 2010
    mully wrote: »
    you're right - i will make her smile, i have a habit of drawing pouty sultry females instead of happy ones
    and yeah, trust me, i know the reality of the cleavage but it's for art

I think the problem is, she's turned 3/4, but the cleavage meets at this perfect tangent in the middle. It's fine to have the unrealistic mushed-up boob effect, but it probably needs to overlap, since cleavage is, after all, what happens when the breasts get smushed together.

Uhhh, this may actually look worse I don't know, but I'm just trying to illustrate my point.
    mechanic1.png

Fugitive on
    edited September 2010
    i like that better fug, you're right
    breastology yo

mully on
  • El Diablo of artEl Diablo of art Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    steps.jpg

Just doodling, any tips on lighting or colours would be appreciated :)

El Diablo of art on
    edited September 2010
    reminds me of the batcave from batman animated series and batman of the future. Thr ground and shadows look good, but id reconsider that piece of rock in the foreground. It looks off. Scrap it or do some more research of icey caves. As for colour, purple works nice, but some more rock colours like blue, brown and more greys would definately add depth.

Check out these images from Uncharted 2. This is the definition of 'Concept Art', none of that sci fi random photo texture crap :) (which i am guilty of)

damn saved as png. 1meg soz

Untitled-1-2.png

winter_combat_knight on
  • El Diablo of artEl Diablo of art Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    steps_02.jpg

Thanks WCK those are really helpful! I'm eyeing up those icicles they look cool :) Heres another wip before I go to bed.

El Diablo of art on
    edited September 2010
    of course they look cool, they're icicles

mully on
  • desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This page contains a good amount of awesome.

Much of it belongs to Mully.

desperaterobots on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

So far just building up the face gradually. trying to get the values consistant.

After using oils for such a long time, i realise how annoying it is that acrylics go on the board very bright, but dry darker. Its particularly bad with Black and Whites. Very hard to manage.

mr-eastwood.jpg

It might just be me but his right eye looks really funky. Like maybe too high?

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    smof wrote: »

mr-eastwood.jpg

Funny, actually; I was thinking the eyes were the strongest part of the likeness. The jaw/mouth (lips in particlar) don't say Clint to me.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • ObilexObilex Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    roadg.jpg

I read somehwere that one of the best ways to learn more is to teach others, so I recorded my painting and rambled for 25 minutes. God bless anyone that sits through it all.

http://vimeo.com/14968055

Obilex on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    alright that is some badass atmosphere

Tattoo for Stale, who is having what will very likely be his last solid meal very soon
    igxic8.jpg

Tam on
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    holy shit thats fucking depressing. whats the name of his disease?

Kendeathwalker on
    edited September 2010
    i drew this
    he is from a dream i had
    i have decided that if i ever have a regular comic, this will be my dog, the hammerhead dog, and his name will be .... help me decide. #1 choice right now is 'binky', care of feebsicle

60531_10150261142190176_652880175_14827648_4284731_n.jpg

ps tam i love that, i hope he gets it tattooed!
    though you might want to make an 8bit version, just in case

mully on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    that is scary and adorable

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Hey Mullster, on your last pinup, small crit:

I think that the contour of the thigh and butt on the right are a pushed a bit too far out in comparison to the rest of the body- it almost makes it look like that hip bone is pushed out and a bit back from where it should be. What you might consider is either thickening the torso and arms to match, or pulling that contour in a touch.

Quick paintover (with Fug boobs):
    Mully_PinUp.jpg

I also might try to push a straight in the contour where she's sitting on whatever it is she's sitting on, just to show that there's a bit of, uh, give there- unless she has literal buns of steel.

(God I'm really trying to do my best to not come across as "hurrr drawing my the kind a lady I'd personally like to bone" here, and despite my best efforts I'm not entirely sure I'm succeeding. Next time just draw a lady with an extra eye or something so I can say something productive without fumbling around awkwardly like a cartoon Englishman trying to figure out how to properly approach the subject of lady butts.)

(And if you can't do that, at least just draw more ladies. You draw nice ladies, lady.)

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    holy shit thats fucking depressing. whats the name of his disease?

I'm not sure which of his diseases is doing in his ability to eat solid food, but suffice it to say the Universe has been trying to kill Stale since he was born- which he has brushed off with an emphatic "Fuck you". Also he's achieved more in his life than most of us have dreamed of. Dude is truly remarkable.

Also, mully, he's getting the tat done tomorrow, in fact.

Tam on
    edited September 2010
    Thats a really sweet tat tam, and man I've never been so depressed for a dude. Makes me feel like a weenine for complaining so much while giving up soda. Cant wait to see it actually done, but I hope time slows down as Stale eats his final meal.

Obilex, that is my favorite of your environments, its a good balance of texture and smoothness with strait up good lighting.

Me? crappy faces today:
    studiesface1.png
    These are all refs but I wont post the refs cause they look nothing like the refs. I have to get better at measuring.

Iruka on
    edited September 2010
    smof wrote: »

I worked on his eyes some more last night. May have been an issue with the values. i painted them in almost entirely black outlines. blended the tones a little and made them more 'squinty'

squidbunny - yeah you're right about the mouth. i think it should be thinner. ill fix it tonight.

mr-eastwood-2.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
    edited September 2010
    Clint eastwood does sorta have weird squinty eyes, but I do think that eye is too high, It just doesnt look like its conforming to the right slant.
    wckcrit.png

Iruka on
  • ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tam, that was really nice of you.

Poor guy.

Paradise on
    edited September 2010
    Next time you do a reference piece WCK I want you to reference an asaro head.

Mustang on
    edited September 2010
    Weeeeee
    run.gif

edit in, guy faces:
    Faces.png

Iruka on
This discussion has been closed.