As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monday Night Combat: Now with Steam group!

• Options
    SamuraiGattsSamuraiGatts Bearded Bully Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've thought about switching controls to tactical too. How many of you guys use tactical vs the default?

SamuraiGatts on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    What's the difference with tactical? I'm quite satisfied with the current controls.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Skills are on the bumpers and the R. Analog click. It feels weird as fuck. After about an hour it was okay. Assault still plays better with default.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Skills are on the bumpers and the R. Analog click. It feels weird as fuck. After about an hour it was okay. Assault still plays better with default.

Oh, ew.

I mean, it might work fine, but that doesn't sound good on first impressions.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »

Oh, ew.

I mean, it might work fine, but that doesn't sound good on first impressions.

I mean try it. You getting on? We could go private crossfire.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Nah, have to head off to uni now :(

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Nah, have to head off to uni now :(

Oh yeah well.... :?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tactical is great for assaults, it lets them jump/hover, aim, and shoot all at the same time.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I can do that with Default.

Edit: Anyone can.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Does the Assault's Jetpack not work the same as the Tank and Gunners?

Kor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Jump button twice makes you hover.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You can't jump and aim at the same time unless you use the claw grip thing, which is super awkward feeling for me.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    uhhh Uber didn't patch overtime did they?

I joined a game tonight right before it went into overtime. Shields were up on both moneyballs, tons of jackbots everywhere, Jackbots got into the enemy base and took the Shields down and we won, played a few more games but none went into overtime.

Was it just a glitch because I joined near the end or something? or did Uber patch Overtime so that the moneyball shields don't go down automatically?

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am almost positive they can't ninja patch that.

But if they did, then kudos to them. That would make overtime really interesting...

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I remember the money ball shields going down instantly at PAX still.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So has it been confirmed or addressed anywhere that they ninja patched a TON of new Mickey Cantor?

Because I play fairly often and I am hearing HILARIOUS shit Ive never heard recently.

"This match brought to you by Grenade 3 Sports drink -- FIRE IN THE HOLE!

...your hole."

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    So has it been confirmed or addressed anywhere that they ninja patched a TON of new Mickey Cantor?

Because I play fairly often and I am hearing HILARIOUS shit Ive never heard recently.

...your hole."

I don't think I've heard it either. Would be pretty cool if this is the case.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Dammit, you guys are going to make me play this instead of going to bed to see if anything is different.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    KillerBeeGeesKillerBeeGees Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

...your hole."

Pretty sure I heard this one a while back, just maybe much less frequent?

KillerBeeGees on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

...your hole."

Pretty sure I heard this one a while back, just maybe much less frequent?

Half of it sounds familiar, but the your hole part doesn't.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've thought about switching controls to tactical too. How many of you guys use tactical vs the default?

Went to tactical right off the bat since that's the only way you can aim and use skills at the same time. That's useful for, well, just about every skill.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I've noticed with a lot of Mickey Cantor's sound bites that there are variations in what he exactly says. Like, sometimes when he talks about how he's "never seen anything like this before!" he fesses up to having been a male dancer and sometimes he doesn't.

There's also a handful of sound bites from him that I've heard only once or twice, they might just have rarer triggers.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    "Sign up to win a chance to be Bullseye!"
    "Bet that fan regrets winning the Bullseye contest!"

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The most common difference I hear is

"Grenade III, an explosion of flavor... IN YOUR MOUTH!"
    "Grenade III, an explosion of flavor... in your mouth?"
    "Grenade III, an explosion of flavor... in your mouth.

Kor on
  • Options
    enderjsvenderjsv Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kor wrote: »
    The most common difference I hear is

"Grenade III, an explosion of flavor... IN YOUR MOUTH!"
    "Grenade III, an explosion of flavor... in your mouth?"
    "Grenade III, an explosion of flavor... in your mouth.

Is there really a difference in how he says it? I've never noticed.

enderjsv on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It's the volume.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I've noticed with a lot of Mickey Cantor's sound bites that there are variations in what he exactly says. Like, sometimes when he talks about how he's "never seen anything like this before!" he fesses up to having been a male dancer and sometimes he doesn't.

I like to think of the times when he avoid referring to his past career as foreshadowing.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I wonder if this game is gonna survive past the Halo Reach release. Somehow, I don't have a lot of faith it will.

enderjsv on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'm not going to stop playing MNC because REACH is out. I know most of the people I play both with are going to continue with MNC.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, I'm slightly worried about the player base taking hit, especially as someone who plans to play MNC and doesn't plan on playing Reach.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I like Halo as much as the next guy, but I really liked this game because of how different it is. I'm kinda tired of games where getting kills seems to be the only strategy anyone cares about. Not that Halo doesn't have good objective games... just nobody plays them. No one I know, anyway.

enderjsv on
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm not even getting Reach right now.... I'm way too busy with Recettear, MNC, Spider-man Shattered Dimensions (which I haven't even had a chance to open yet) and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

Halo is fun and all, but its like today's comic mentions... its only REALLY great when you have friends who are also getting it.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    enderjsv wrote: »
    I like Halo as much as the next guy, but I really liked this game because of how different it is. I'm kinda tired of games where getting kills seems to be the only strategy anyone cares about. Not that Halo doesn't have good objective games... just nobody plays them. No one I know, anyway.

Perhaps you should look for games in the PA Halo thread. We love our objectives.

Kor on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I feel like MNC is slowly slipping away from me. I wish it was all shiny and new again. It's just so good.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I still can't get enough of this game. Its the only shooter I've ever played in which I don't care if my team wins or loses. Don't get me wrong, I don't want my team to lose and I do play to win. BUT, if my team does lose, there are so many other enjoyable things that happen in this game that make me look back fondly on said game.

That's why even after I get Reach tomorrow, I will always come back to this game. Halo always brings the hardcore competitiveness out of me and I can only take so many consecutive games of that.

MNC will be the break I usually need from Halo.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    REACH might be a good thing for MNC, a lot of the kill based players might jump shark while we get to keep the team based goodness.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    REACH might be a good thing for MNC, a lot of the kill based players might jump shark while we get to keep the team based goodness.

No, not at all. Logged on to play earlier, everyone I had been playing MNC with is playing reach. Searched the meta tags, nothing but reach :(

Tommatt on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well at least a few of us stalwart few have no plans of going to Reach.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Reach was inevitably going to be a big black hole for a large amount of people, but that doesn't mean MNC is dead, not by a long shot. Hopefully the patch comes out soon, too.

I'd be trying to get some games in, but I have barely enough time to play anything as it is at the moment.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I cannot wait for the patch to land, I almost always play in PUGs and really am tired of the exploiters.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski