As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX Prime Cookie/Biscuit Brigade 2010!

123457»

• Options
    astillacastillac Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So I just finished checking my email filters, and I've found that there's a @cookie_brigade that someone is using. Who is running this one? Anyone know? (I don't know why it didn't come up in my search on Twitter.)

astillac on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, I'm not sure! Hypatia, did you make a twitter account at one point?

Also, all Brigadiers: be sure to fill out the survey! You should have received a link to it through the Google Group by now! We're looking for your stories of both wonder and woe, to help improve our efforts next time around and spread the word about the cool things that happen with the Cookie Brigade!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I was going to suggest a Cookie Brigade twitter account too! I was without a smart phone or computer for the duration of PAX, so the twitter would have really helped.

I had many people who said they wanted cookies but didn't have money to donate, and I still gave them cookies (most of them dug some change out of their pockets afterward). One those people was Tycho! He almost refused to take any cookies from me because he didn't have cash to give to Child's Play. I told him that by setting up the charity, he already gave more than enough and was deserving of all my cookies!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hmm, I'm not sure! Hypatia, did you make a twitter account at one point?

I did set up a twitter account but it isn't a Cookie Brigade specific one (Hypatia_PA), I think the cookie_brigade one might be run by Sgt. Auberie, but that could be completely wrong!

Hypatia on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ah, we'll ask on the google group, and see who's it is =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey cookie brigade chefs. If you aren't in on the google group and are interested in getting involved in an AWESOME super secret project (and don't mind sharing your recipes) PM me and I will get you information. I won't post details in here, but you can ask VT, this has the potential to be SOOOO cool!

Also, I need information on how the brigade got started for this project. Whose idea was it originally?

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
  • Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey everyone, just wanted to say thank you for everyone's work and it was awesome fun being in cookie brigade!!!

My favorite story for this year was how I sold out of cookies and raised $300 in less than 10 minutes waiting in line for the Bungie panel Saturday and having an Enforcer help me out by attracting people with her yelling and making it so people wouldn't swarm me!!!

arwen_doll16_LOTR on
    I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Woot! That's awesome Arwen! =) I'm really glad you had a great time, and you did awesome! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys! So the 3.14 Bakery in White Center helped the Brigade out by donating 12 dozen cookies. Now they've been NOMinated for Evening Magazine's Best Bakery in Western Washington!

Help vote, please! The more business they get, the more cookies they can afford to donate next year! Instead of 4 boxes of cookies, maybe 4 dozen boxes!

http://ctvr.us/314bakery

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Cool! Voted! Now about these 4 dozen boxes of cookies.... ;)=)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Shaddz wrote: »
    Hey guys! So the 3.14 Bakery in White Center helped the Brigade out by donating 12 dozen cookies. Now they've been NOMinated for Evening Magazine's Best Bakery in Western Washington!

Help vote, please! The more business they get, the more cookies they can afford to donate next year! Instead of 4 boxes of cookies, maybe 4 dozen boxes!

http://ctvr.us/314bakery

Done, and I even dropped something onto Twitter. Hopefully they win.

ransim on
This discussion has been closed.