As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

NH meetup! -- w00tstock @ Boston October 31st, Funspot @ NH November 20th!

VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in PAX Archive
=== NH PAX MEETUP! ===

CURRENT ACTIVITY:

The w00tstock meetup is coming to Boston on October 31st: tickets will be on sale soon!

The Funspot meetup will be coinciding with Heels' organized event, on Saturday, November 20th, 2010. Further details forthcoming!

We'll be going to Funspot, the largest Arcade in the world!

We're also in the works of planning get-togethers to coincide with NH NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) meetups!

--- (Original Post follows) ---

This weekend I was talking with Blain, and it sounds like they're having a blast and the Sacramento meetups are growing by leaps and bounds! I miss having that meetup (it's one of the few things I miss about Sacramento ;) ), and so I figured I'd give a shot here and see if anyone in the New Hampshire area would be interested in starting a PAX-related meetup!

We could do all sorts of things, like:

* Go do some fun activity (hit a local arcade, head to the theater together, hang out for a while, LAN party, hiking(?) etc...)

* Participate in other nerd-friendly events (perhaps we could form a PAX NaNoWriMo writers' group and join in on the NH regional meetings?)

And other things as well!

I guess the important question is... is anyone here from NH, and of that would any of you be interested in such meetups?

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
VThornheart on

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I live in NH! I'd definitely be interested in hanging with some local PAX peeps. But I am lacking in car/transportation. Basically, I won't be able to join unless the meetup is in the Nashua area or someone else can come get me.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm in Mass but close enough to the NH border that I'd be willing to join the shindig. Perhaps drag Atlusbro along ;)

burnttoast45 on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Woot! That'd be awesome on all counts! =)

So... what do you guys think of doing a NaNoWriMo group/PAX meetup hybrid in November? Or should we take baby steps first? ;)

VThornheart on
    edited September 2010
    So... what do you guys think of doing a NaNoWriMo group/PAX meetup hybrid in November? Or should we take baby steps first? ;)

That's the national novel writing month, right? I'm not much of a writer myself. I wouldn't mind contributing some editing or something though.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm in Mass but close enough to the NH border that I'd be willing to join the shindig. Perhaps drag Atlusbro along ;)

WHY AM I GETTING DRAGGED INTO THIS

Atlus Parker on
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How about a trip to Funspot?

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited September 2010
    Because it's awesome and you want to come along! =)

... right? =)

EDIT: Whoa! I don't think I've ever actually been to Funspot! I just looked it up, it sounds fantastic! Yes, let's do this! =)

For those who didn't know (such as myself until just now), it's apparently the largest arcade in the world!

http://www.funspotnh.com/

They're up in the white mountains so it may be a little bit of a drive for most of us, but not too bad (perhaps an hour or so from most spots in central, eastern, and western NH it looks like)

VThornheart on
  • BackwoodsBackwoods Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ukiyo e wrote: »
    How about a trip to Funspot?

This was my immediate thought when I read the thread title.

I like the NaNo idea too!

Backwoods on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    They're up in the white mountains so it may be a little bit of a drive for most of us, but not too bad (perhaps an hour or so from most spots in central, eastern, and western NH it looks like)

If we go in early to mid-october it will be a very scenic drive with the leaves changing.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited September 2010
    Ooh, that'd be awesome!

Okay, let's do it! What would be a good weekend for everyone? How about a Saturday? That'd give us:

October 2nd
    October 9th
    October 16th

To choose from. I'm up for any of those days!

VThornheart on
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I shall watch this thread, I love the guys at the American Classic Arcade Museum (it is located at Funspot.)

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm pretty much good whenever. VT. you may want to post in the MA facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=396063749851). I'm sure there are some people who would consider driving up.

burnttoast45 on
    edited September 2010
    Columbus Day is the 11th of October. It's not a very busy weekend travel/vacation wise so the 9th seems like a good candidate to me.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited September 2010
    I would love to come along. If anyone is coming from southern NH or northern MA and wants to give me a ride (I will pitch in gas money), please pm me. I can't drive :(
    My town has it's Pumpkin Festival the 8th-10th, so I'd prefer not to go that weekend, but even if it is that weekend, I'd probably still come.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    punzie wrote: »
    I would love to come along. If anyone is coming from southern NH or northern MA and wants to give me a ride (I will pitch in gas money), please pm me. I can't drive :(
    My town has it's Pumpkin Festival the 8th-10th, so I'd prefer not to go that weekend, but even if it is that weekend, I'd probably still come.

I would be able to get you no problem as I live just over the border but it depends on when the meetup is. I'm pretty busy for the next month so I may not be able to attend anyway.

Atlus Parker on
  • RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This would be a 2 hour drive for me but I'm going to talk to the bf and see if he would be interested

Rayze on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sadface. I work on Saturdays.

:(

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • BackwoodsBackwoods Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    juju wrote: »

vacation day :)

edit: where are you from atlus? i grew up in pelham.

gnardog edit: can't wait to play arcade ghosts n' goblins uih!

Backwoods on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MTSonic11MTSonic11 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Funspot is one of the best places on earth. I haven't been in about 6 years, I live much farther away now.

I will be terribly jealous of any of you guys and gals who go!

MTSonic11 on
    edited September 2010
    Well, let's see how things go, it may not necessarily be a Saturday... Heels just PM'd me about a possible larger get-together in November, and if that ends up happening we can go a little later and make that our meetup. Hopefully he'll have more info soon!

VThornheart on
    edited September 2010
    Is anyone planning on going to the Boston w00tstock? I'd be interested in meeting up withe some fellow PAXers there.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is anyone planning on going to the Boston w00tstock? I'd be interested in meeting up withe some fellow PAXers there.

Never heard of it. What's the deal?

Rayze on
    edited September 2010
    Rayze wrote: »

Never heard of it. What's the deal?

w00tstock is a show put together by Paul & Storm, Wil Wheaton, and Adam Savage (Mythbusters). It's usually about 3 hours of music, stories, and humor. The most recently announced shows (including Boston) are without Wheaton, but each date has a different stand in. Bonus: Boston's show is on Halloween!

The info on Boston and the other recently-announced shows: http://w00tstock.net/2010/09/09/new-w00tstocks-good-news-bad-news-and-more-good-news/

w00tstock homepage: http://w00tstock.net/

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I will likely be attending the Boston w00tstock with a handful of enforcers.

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
    edited September 2010
    w00tstock would be a lot of fun! Ooh, it's on halloween too!

So for more info on the current situation, Heels has something awesome planned regarding a possible Funspot meetup in late November!

In the meantime, perhaps we could make w00tstock a "new england meetup" then? =) What do you guys think?

VThornheart on
    edited September 2010
    w00tstock would be a lot of fun! Ooh, it's on halloween too!

In the meantime, perhaps we could make w00tstock a "new england meetup" then? =) What do you guys think?

I'm all for a w00tstock meetup! (which is probably obvious since I brought it up) I really want to go and figured there'd be some crossover between w00tstock fans and PAX fans. I'd also love to talk/coordinate costumes with people. All the costumes I've come up with so far would work better with a group.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited September 2010
    Totally true, and awesome! =)

I'll see if my wife's up for going... one way or another though, even if I can't go I'll definitely do whatever I can to help organize this as a meetup =)

VThornheart on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Backwoods wrote: »
    juju wrote: »

vacation day :)

Vacation days? No way! I burned those all at Prime ;)

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
    edited September 2010
    I just wanted to mention to anyone thinking of going to Boston w00tstock: tickets are suppose to go on sale next Wednesday.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
    edited October 2010
    punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So, is the meetup just at w00tstock, or are you guys doing something else too? Because I'd love to go, but I can't do anything on Halloween.

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm down for a NH meet-up at FunSpot! I can't go on Halloween, though....I live in Salem, so I'll be trapped and don't want to navigate the drunken horde on the way back. I like the idea for a late November meetup, though....I know this cuts it kinda close, but how about November 26th/27th?

acumen101 on
    Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

edited October 2010
    Knoland wrote: »
    So, is the meetup just at w00tstock, or are you guys doing something else too? Because I'd love to go, but I can't do anything on Halloween.

I'm pretty sure VThornheart is still trying to setup a Funstop meetup.
    I was suggesting w00tstock as another meetup.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • KnolandKnoland Hungry Hungry Hippo VermontRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Knoland wrote: »

I'm pretty sure VThornheart is still trying to setup a Funstop meetup.
    I was suggesting w00tstock as another meetup.
    Ah ok. I'd LOVE to go to Funspot! I was going to go last year, but work got in the way. Also, it turned out no one showed up.

Knoland on
    PAX EAST 2014: Ticket/Enforcing[x] Hotel [x] Travel [x]
    edited October 2010
    Aye, Heels is planning something for Funspot and we're definitely going to join with him on that!

I encourage everyone who can to go to W00tstock too! I don't think I'm going to be able to make it sadly (wife recently reminded me that my birthday is on October 30th and there's already things planned eek! =) ), but I'll cheer you guys on! =)

VThornheart on
  • mpsmps Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    We are working with Heels on a special announcement for a PAX-East party at ACAM. We should have an announcement here in another day or two. Just getting the details worked out.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors
    The American Classic Arcade Museum @ Funspot
    www.classicarcademuseum.org

mps on
    edited October 2010
    Ooh, awesome! That's so cool! =)=) We eagerly anticipate it! =)

VThornheart on
  • mpsmps Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The date is set -- Saturday, November 20th, 2010. Mark your calendars.

Details here very soon.

Mike Stulir
    Board of Directors
    The American Classic Arcade Museum @ Funspot
    www.classicarcademuseum.org

mps on
    edited October 2010
    Ooh, awesome! Woot! =)

VThornheart on
  • ascholzkascholzk Registered User new member
    edited October 2010
    @punzie pumpkin fest!? Are you from Keene?

ascholzk on