As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So you have to hold Move like a remote?! Not a gun handle?

driver01zdriver01z Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Games and Technology
Am I the only one who didn't realize this? I haven’t been looking at all the pics/vids of Move cause I hate to spoil everything when I get something new, so that's one thing. But, it looks like you hold Move upright in The Fight… and the Archery game, holding upright like a bow… I assumed upright was normal. But now I'm reading an article and realizing -
I mean I didn't even think of the shooting mechanic being like this, that's so unintuitive. So apparently this is how you will have to hold Move in SOCOM 4, Res Evil 5, MAG, Killzone 3 etc - like a remote, instead of UPRIGHT LIKE A GUN GRIP LIKE ITS FUCKING SUPPOSED TO BE?! I may be regretting my Move preorder for this simple mechanic.
If aiming is tracked by the camera looking at the ball… I assumed it can see a glowing ball whether remote-held or handle-held, I mean it still looks like a ball to the camera. Maybe this is Sony's way of selling you yet another accessory, those gun-attachments, which I may end up getting if it allows me to hold Move like I was expecting to.
I guess I'm just venting but was wondering if other people are going to be surprised by this.

driver01z on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    So maybe I'm wrong, which would be good. In the new Time Crisis you have to hold it like remote apparently. But maybe in other games you can hold it like holding a gun handle, instead of remote-hold. I really don't know, I haven't really seen videos of it. Anyone know, or have any thoughts? And here I preordered Move, shipping today I'm assuming.

driver01z on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The triggers and other buttons aren't positioned such that it would be comfortable to hold like a gun grip. There's a button on top for your thumb and a more vertical trigger, essentially so it feels similar to a regular game controller. (Also, so that it's as much like the Wii remote as possible.)

But it would feel seriously weird pretending that there's a barrel you're pointing at things when there really isn't one. There's nothing wrong with pointing straight at the screen.

I thought somebody had one of these in the works for the Move as well:

nykoperfectshotwii20071.jpg

But again, notice the problem of most of the buttons being on top of the remote instead of accessible around the grip.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yeah there's attachments:
    http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Shooting-Attachment-3/dp/B003O6E46S/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284743678&sr=8-6
    http://www.amazon.com/MOVE-Precision-Shot-3-Playstation/dp/B003UF24SI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284743678&sr=8-5

And I was wondering about that problem too, how do you manage when you're holding the gun attachment handle AND using subcontroller AND you have to Press X To Not Die.
    And an example of my expectations:
    http://www.technewsdaily.com/sony-debuts-motion-controller-for-ps3-100311-0303/
    Here's one site, with 3 pics in the middle of the page, I assume those are all giving you an idea of Sports Champions. In each, Move is held flush with the golf club, pingpong handle, sword, shield. I assumed it would be the same with guns, flush with the gun handle.
    Dunno. I guess I'll find out how acceptable it is when it arrives.

driver01z on