As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Valkyria Chronicles Thread: >Be teenage girl from another universe.

• MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Only reason I could think to go H-AT is vs multiplayer. Laying mines down could realy mess with your opponents scout rush.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Speaking of filthy Darcsens, I hear Capcom is rebooting Devil May Cry and they put a darcsen in the lead role of Dante.

What is this world coming to?

LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • PhantomOfTheKnightPhantomOfTheKnight Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Malechai wrote: »
    Only reason I could think to go H-AT is vs multiplayer. Laying mines down could realy mess with your opponents scout rush.

...bah; Strategy/Tactical RPGs don't need no damn multiplayer. :evil:

PhantomOfTheKnight on
    sig.gif
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I cant help but think whoever goes first in vs. would win

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    Rent, I told you to get Anthem Elites and Medics. You still haven't gotten them yet?

nope

1279016883_steve-jobs-on-iphone-deal-with-it.gif

Rent on
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I assume you're trying to show me something.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
    edited September 2010
    Also you guys should totally use my VC2 avatars, I spent a lot of time making them!

Rent on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    but you're nice/mean/nice/mean/nice to me

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ErrorError Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    that is a spectacular first post there Rent

Error on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    To continue the discussion in the last thread:

I thought the PSP 3k was fully hacked by now? Is it still limited to some degree?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

I thought the PSP 3k was fully hacked by now? Is it still limited to some degree?

I haven't been following the scene all that much until VC2 dragged me back in, but my impression was that on the 3000 and PSP Go, you can do literal homebrew (as in unsigned code), but you can't create your own digital versions from UMDs and play games off of the memory stick, which is what the vast majority of people are interested in. My info may be outdated, though.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
    edited September 2010
    meh don't really need to continue THAT kind of dicussion. too lazy. I just want a psp that doesn't shut off randomly and since i'm at it, a/v out. and that new screen is nice. but I'm only gonna play like 1 game every 3 years

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man. I hate loading times. I think I'll stick to my fat. I doubt the 2k is that much of an awesome upgrade.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    meh don't really need to continue THAT kind of dicussion. too lazy. I just want a psp that doesn't shut off randomly and since i'm at it, a/v out. and that new screen is nice. but I'm only gonna play like 1 game every 3 years

I need to stop being lazy and get extension cables for my component out on the PSP 2K; I can hook it up and it's fairly okay looking, but the short cables mean I sit two feet away from my 40" LCD. :? Truthfully, though, I love having my PSP to play untethered while watching TV alone or with my wife when she's watching something else. I'm a portable man through and through.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
    edited September 2010
    psp2 is out (phan star port 2) maaaybe might help me replace my psp and play more vc2 in the future and maybe vc3 hm

but what the fuck all these games i want to play came out in the past 30 days

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Lunker wrote: »
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

I haven't been following the scene all that much until VC2 dragged me back in, but my impression was that on the 3000 and PSP Go, you can do literal homebrew (as in unsigned code), but you can't create your own digital versions from UMDs and play games off of the memory stick, which is what the vast majority of people are interested in. My info may be outdated, though.

That's... shit, that's exactly what I wanted to a 3000 for.

My major problem with the Go is that I can't get Tenchu: Shadow Assassins for it. My plan was to buy myself a small library of UMD titles and load them all on to a memory card for a 3000 - is that unfeasible?

Edit: are we allowed to talk about this?

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There is one massively awesome reason to upgrade Armor Techs to Tech Elite.

Flash Grenades.

They're VC2's Smoke Rounds, preventing any interception fire. I mean interception fire is pretty tame in VC2 but sometimes there are gatling bunkers and tanks so welp.

Maddoc on
    edited September 2010
    Once an armored tech throws them, are they effective during that entire player phase? Like, can my armored tech throw one, and that protects a scout for a flag rush?

Chance on
    edited September 2010
    then there's V2's and bosses which have painful interception fire

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Common Darcsen Features:
    • Dark blue colored hair (hence the term 'Dark Hair'
    • No last name (their last names were taken away as punishment for their crimes during the Darcsen Calamity)
    • Looks unwashed, dirty
    • Rancid smell, (combination of their lack of hygiene and the stench prevalent to their race)
    • Shifty or 'untrustworthy' eyes
    • A hunch
    • Generally ugly or misshapen features
    • Shawls, worn around their necks (possibly as a form of communication of state secrets?)

Guys, i'm a little worried. I meet some of those listed...am, am I a darcsen? Oh no!

edit: Crisis averted! A shower cleared most of that up.

Still ugly though. :( Oh well.

Elderlycrawfish on
    edited September 2010
    I'm not racist! My best friend is a Darcsen!

Lunker on
    edited September 2010
    hobbified wrote: »
    I edited some pixels. This should blend better against dark backgrounds like the forums.

valkyria-chronicles2bigmod.png

oh thanks for this btw

also some of y'all should start making VCII sigs

come on

come on

Rent on
    edited September 2010
    I wonder if the main character of 3 will have a last name

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    bonus
    scrapped ideas I had before settling on "racist paranoia-inducing recruiting monologue reminiscent of post pearl harbor america/Nazi germany" for OP:
    • MSPA parody OP
    • gonzo OP akin to last year's (felt it'd be a retread)
    • some sort of song parody (felt tired)
    • recording something and making a mini-LP of VC2 (Too much work)
    • anger filled OP marking a stereotypical rant about how much VC2 sucks (in that same vein thought about copying henroid's avvie, title, location, and sig and making a parody whine post about VC 2 and 3 being on psp)

fun facts
    • I originally had in post two pureauthor's post from last thread with all of the extra explanation from neogaf about vc3, and the chrono's original op post (seen from post two in the last thread), and i also originally was gonna explain who the three main characters are in vc3 but i hit the character limit so that all got cut
    • otakud00d is a rad dude who gave me most of the screenshots you see in post two and gave me a lot of info on how the elite classes work. everyone thank otakud00d is a rad guy
    • engineers suck

Rent on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Best OP ever?

Or ...

Best. OP. Ever?

I'm going with the second one, because ...
    Mooi-OOOINK!

Elvenshae on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    bonus

fun facts

This is like a commentary track and dvd extra bonus features. For an OP. Incredible.

Eagerly awaiting the Criterion edition. Or Extended Director's Cut.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also you got some of the recruitment requirements wrong even though I went through the trouble to post all the requirements for every recruitable character in the last thread so that's pretty cool.

I don't feel slighted or anything.

Maddoc on
    edited September 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Also you got some of the recruitment requirements wrong even though I went through the trouble to post all the requirements for every recruitable character in the last thread so that's pretty cool.

wait

what

ed: seriously no idea what you're talking about here

Rent on
    edited September 2010

wait

what

Took me a second to find it,
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=16466543#post16466543

also did a quick edit to fix a name that I wasn't sure of when I posted that.

Maddoc on
    edited September 2010

wait

what

Took me a second to find it,
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=16466543#post16466543

also did a quick edit to fix a name that I wasn't sure of when I posted that.
    okay added

at this point guys, though, post 2 has hit char limit. nothing else can be added. only corrections and fixing errata is allowed

Rent on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I swear I have the absolute worst luck with characters getting hospitalized during their own classmate missions. D: Its the only time I lose people, when its their own big time to shine.

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited September 2010
    Look

sigs

avanandzeri.png
    avanjamill.png
    avanrifle.png
    chloe1.png
    chloe2.png
    cordelia-1.png
    lavinia-1.png
    opening.png
    potpourri1.png
    rene1.png
    rene2.png
    rosie2.png
    vario-1.png
    zeriglasses.png

minisigs
    trio.png
    rosie1.png
    groupshot.png
    avanandmelissa.png

new, better transparency so sig makers can make sigs! (thanks hobbified)

vc2logofinal.png

hey third post guy I might need you to be the sig and avatar hoster guy! are you okay with that?

also, GET VC II SIGS YOUSE

Rent on
  • Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    With the description of the Nameless, it looks like VC3 could go the way of The Dirty Dozen, which would be a very nice change of pace for the series. There better be some crazy bastards in the squad (like Telly Savalas level at the least).

Getting back to VC2; just finished up the November mission after some attempts.
    Not because it was particularly difficult, but Audrey just kept on sniping my base defenders. Basically had to bust Audrey first (which was relatively easy thanks to Noel being an awesome Lancer Elite) before trotting Zeri to the waypoint.

I believe the game pretty much hates Engies as well. They always get robbed of credits after missions, and they're pretty much the class with the least amount of upgraded squaddies (3 in my case).

Also, it was nice to get Faldio and Selvaria this week, but damn if I'm gonna spend more time just to build them up. I'm having enough issues upgrading the Edy Detachment as is.

Doctor Fink on
    PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
    edited September 2010
    I'm mostly keeping them benched on account of terrible potentials and Lancers being only sparingly useful at best for the first, and because Scouts just aren't that great unless they're Snipers and I already have enough awesome Snipers.

Sadly the next password character we're likely to get is a Lancer as well, but maybe his potentials will be less awful at least.

And I'll probably set up a VC2 avatar/sig when I get home.

Maddoc on
    edited September 2010
    Fuck year new sig.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    If anyone could make me a sig out of this image,
    20100904173850_0.jpg

I would love you forever.

Physically, if you can manage to even get her quote in there without it looking terrible.

Maddoc on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    also, GET VC II SIGS YOUSE

Thats more like it! Too bad I don't like any of the characters in the ones you've done, because they're pretty darn neat. I'm gonna have to wait until the fanart machine picks up a bit. The lack of good VCII stuff depresses me. We just get tons of Selvaria from VC1 and Yuliana because they both fight nicely into the Mistress Funbags category that fan artists are so very fond of. I may just make a new VC1 sig and call it a day.

EDIT: Actually I found a pretty good Coleen fanart, but I haven't seen a lot of the character in game to know if I'd like her past her visual design.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited September 2010
    I just gotta get every character done. That'll take me a while. Tell you what. What character you want done?

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    Quick question, guys: is there any real issue with the 2000 (super shitty screen or something) that would prevent one from really wanting one over the 3000?

I can pick up a 2k today for 100 even, a 3k would start at 169.

Chance on
  • MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Theres weird clipping on the 3000, theres a bit of a blur effect on the 2000. They're both fine.

Edit: Clipping is the wrong word. When the screen moves, light black lines appear in some games, its sort of odd. The 2000 would blur at those same points.

Mattakuevan on
This discussion has been closed.