As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Valkyria Chronicles Thread: >Be teenage girl from another universe.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    Quick question, guys: is there any real issue with the 2000 (super shitty screen or something) that would prevent one from really wanting one over the 3000?

I can pick up a 2k today for 100 even, a 3k would start at 169.

The 3000 just has a microphone built in, and the screen is better. Brighter, more vibrant, with anti glare if you are outside with it. Some people have problems with visible scan lines, but I've also been told the issue is totally overblown.

Personally, I have a 2000 have have zero problems with the screen, unless I'm outside, like at a bus stop. Then it's near unusable.

-Loki- on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I have both, and side by side the scan lines on the 3000 are noticable but you'll forget all about them while playing.

That said, 2000 is a fine purchase too and I have no real issues with the screen. 3000's screen is sharper but it's not really night and day or anything.

Maddoc on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »
    If anyone could make me a sig out of this image,
    20100904173850_0.jpg

I would love you forever.

Physically, if you can manage to even get her quote in there without it looking terrible.

marion-1.png

<< my attempt

Rent on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    I just gotta get every character done. That'll take me a while. Tell you what. What character you want done?

Don't sweat it. I'm not far enough into the game to really grow attached to the characters yet, I just know which ones I wouldn't want a sig of (Avan) and which ones just plain rub me the wrong way (Chloe). I haven't met the guy with the die, but I usually like scruffy gambling dudes so as long as his potentials don't suck when I met him then I could see him growing on me.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited September 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    Quick question, guys: is there any real issue with the 2000 (super shitty screen or something) that would prevent one from really wanting one over the 3000?

I can pick up a 2k today for 100 even, a 3k would start at 169.
    Rent wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Apparently I can just re-download what I bought on a PSP-3000. I'm starting to think getting that PSPgo was a terrible fucking decision.

Yep
    MarioG wrote: »

don't get the 2000, screen sucks

Great, I thought I was all set and now you have me doubting myself.

psp2000-vs3000-screen-comparison.jpg

psp3000vs2000_14.jpg

psp-2000-vs-psp-30011.jpg

Rent on
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That is awesome and I'll be setting that as my signature as soon as I get home. <3 Rent

Does anybody remember exactly what she says when her Gun Crazy potential activates?

Maddoc on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wow the 2k's screen is shit.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah ty Rent.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • hobbifiedhobbified Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Chance, don't forget that if you want to do downloaded stuff on a 2000 or 3000 you'll have to pick up a decent memory card for it. The go has 16GB flash builtin, which is the only thing about it that's awesome. The other models have nil.

The 8GB sticks are pretty affordable though if you buy online. Try to find one with reviews saying it's pretty fast, because there are some slow ones out there and they suck to use.

hobbified on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but from a hardware standpoint, there's a lot going for the Go.

It's just utterly and completely overshadowed by the way Sony shitted all over it. :P

And the 2000 screen really isn't that bad. Comparatively in those shots, it seems pretty washed out, but in actual usage you probably wouldn't be sitting there saying "damn, these strawberries don't seem vibrant enough".

Elderlycrawfish on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thanks to this thread, I'm playing VC1 again. Never beat it, and my PS3 had to be replaced, so I'm starting over from scratch. Can't believe how rusty I am, too. In the first skirmish map, Alicia was knocked out and Marina was killed. D: I couldn't hit 'Load' fast enough.

Nightslyr on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    marion is all sorts of creepy.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Wren wrote: »
    marion is all sorts of creepy.

And Melissa isn't.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    no melissa is pretty creepy too.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Everyone is either creepy, annoying, or boring.

That goes for the VC1 cast too. And the Final Fantasy series. And all video games ever made.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
    edited September 2010
    Oh yeah, well you're creepy.

Yeah.

Maddoc on
  • MihashiMihashi Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Boy, Lavinia's Classmate mission complete potential is broken.
    It increases all her stats by quite a bit and it activates 100% of the time. Seriously, it does. This also means that she'll always say, "A DOZEN GHOST TANKS COULDN'T STOP ME!" every single time you use her after this happens. It gets a bit annoying after a while. Still, it's worth it just to see a Heavy Tank go down in 1 shot while you're aiming at the front.

Mihashi on
    MihashiBonne.png
    edited September 2010
    Rent, hurry up and you Anthem Elites and Medics so you can admit you were wrong and I'm right.

Pureauthor on
    edited September 2010
    So today's codes aren't quite as exciting as the last two sets. Just a few stickers.
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    Rent, hurry up and you Anthem Elites and Medics so you can admit you were wrong and I'm right.

So right.

Maddoc on
    edited September 2010
    nope
    28yNY.gif

Rent on
    edited September 2010
    Stickers? Wtf. Thanks for the heads up though, Maddoc.

Chance on
    edited September 2010
    Alright, I think my posting presence is now sufficiently [strike]unsettling[/strike] awesome.

Maddoc on
    edited September 2010
    Chance you should start making and/or using a VCII sig

:colbert:

Rent on
    edited September 2010
    Wrong board, bucko. That smiley doesn't exist here.

Also some fucker decided it would be fun to stroll into my base camp after 5 turns of hiding in the grass and doing nothing. Bleh.

Pureauthor on
    edited September 2010

Also some fucker decided it would be fun to stroll into my base camp after 5 turns of hiding in the grass and doing nothing. Bleh.

Ha ha, I've started just leaving a Gunner sitting in my base camp even if it seems like absolutely nothing is going on with that map. I figure if I could clear the remaining maps with six people I can manage with five.

Maddoc on
  • arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I get that too on missions I forget I need to guard my camp.

3-4 turns later? Mission restart!

Edit: I didn't see a easy Mellisa sig file to steal :(

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Maddoc wrote: »
    If anyone could make me a sig out of this image,
    20100904173850_0.jpg

I would love you forever.

Physically, if you can manage to even get her quote in there without it looking terrible.

So is this... ?

or is it... ?

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm having a lot of trouble telling whether that's a male or female character D:

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kainy wrote: »
    I'm having a lot of trouble telling whether that's a male or female character D:
    She's the daughter of a well to do galian family that just happens to be obsessed with guns. Her family drilled it into her that it's a bad thing for her to express her gun craze.

Short answer girl.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Excellent!

I feel a lot less gay for being slightly turned on then!

:winky:

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ha ha ha, a Crazy Taxi sticker. I have The Offspring in my head already.

ALL RIIIGHT! Let's go make some ca-razy credits!

Doctor Fink on
    PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
    edited September 2010
    Kainy wrote: »
    Excellent!

I feel a lot less gay for being slightly turned on then!

:winky:

Malechai lied

the pic was a straightness test

you failed

so, uh, you doing anything tomorrow night or...

Rent on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Am I the only one who wished VC2 had a Japanese language option? I've been looking forward to it for so long (got a psp specifically for it last year), it's been sitting in my house with no time to be played, and now the VA is grating on me at every turn.

Does the Asian release have an English subs options?

fadingathedges on
    edited September 2010
    Am I the only one who wished VC2 had a Japanese language option? I've been looking forward to it for so long (got a psp specifically for it last year), it's been sitting in my house with no time to be played, and now the VA is grating on me at every turn.

Does the Asian release have an English subs options?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqIGPwTUX1Y

Maddoc on
    edited September 2010
    After playing through VC1 in both English and Japanese, I can say I prefer the English voice acting by far. The Japanese track just doesn't give you subtitles for all the battlefield chatter, and there's where so much of the characterization is. Granted there's a lot more of it outside of the battle scenes in VC2, but you get my drift.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited September 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    After playing through VC1 in both English and Japanese, I can say I prefer the English voice acting by far. The Japanese track just doesn't give you subtitles for all the battlefield chatter, and there's where all of the characterization is. Granted there's a lot more of it outside of the battle scenes in VC2, but you get my drift.

limed and also fixed for everyone but the main characters, since nobody else showed up in any scenes ever due to the whole "can die permanently" thing.

Maddoc on
    edited September 2010
    Man am I the only one who looks at VC3's logo and goes "man it's totally like Sega is trying to make VC into their answer to FF"

If so I await VC3D eagerly

Rent on
  • Grayjack72Grayjack72 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I agree. You can't trust dem Dark Hairs! I hear that if you touch one, you become a mutant.

In other words, good work Rent!

Grayjack72 on
    edited September 2010
    Man am I the only one who looks at VC3's logo and goes "man it's totally like Sega is trying to make VC into their answer to FF"

Let's hope they do.
    If so I await VC3D eagerly

Ugh, I want 3D to die in a fire.

Also, get off my lawn.

Chance on
    edited September 2010
    5 years from now it will be VC:Modern Warfare. Gallia vs. Arab Terrorist Insurgents

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.