As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

my [chat] is a good one, but here is how it goes

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

That made me LOL.

Speaking of LOL, what is League of Legends like?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The tutorial Tarranon linked is good. Minecraft is a pretty simple game once you figure out the crafting recipes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Okay, uhm, crafting squares? What are those?

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    where can a man go to hide...from himself

Vegas

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Feral wrote: »

That made me LOL.

It's like Starcraft 2 except instead of controlling 200 mans and a base and an economy you control one really strong mans and fight other mans and kill their base.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    cass tell him about the move the guy has where it's like phwoooosh

tell him about that one cass

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Res wrote: »

Open your inventory (I believe the key is I) and above your inventory and to the left of your character is a 2x2 grid followed by a 1x1 square. The grid is the crafting area and it's where you place the materials to make something. The finished product comes out the other side.

WO
    OO > P, wood block is turned into a plank block (O means empty space)

PP
    PP > WB, plank blocks are turned into a workbench

PO
    PO > S, two planks stacked on top of each other are turned into sticks

PPP
    OSO
    OSO > PA, three plank blocks and two sticks are turned into a wooden pickaxe

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    oh i thought you guys were all playing minecraft together

i have trouble playing LoL these days. I sort of killed that game.

I have a server up at . . . . . . ... . . . . . . . . ... ................. . . . . . . .. VVVV

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    cass tell him about the move the guy has where it's like phwoooosh

tell him about that one cass

he goes phwoooosh and you go oh no my health bar and then he runs away and then four other mans come out of a bush and do terrible, terrible damage and then your team yells at you for feeding

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    phwooooosh, you say?

I like things that go phwoooosh.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Don't be a feeder.

It's creepy.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I only go to RPG.net for the motivational posters threads.
    RPG.net is terrible.

Such social retards.

I used to feel it was a shade better than ENWorld but now I'm beginning to think that may have just been Stockholm syndrome kicking in. I honestly don't really know a place that I'd like to discuss gaming, though, aside from a select few here in chat like you guys and poshniallo. (Even the D&D thread in CF, while it is leagues better than those places, tends to be a bit too nuts-and-bolts mechanical for me.)
    There should probably be a separate thread in CF for flavor and campaign considerations and such.

But such a thread would quickly fall off the front page and die in a forum that full of PbPs and Phallas.

The problem with fluff discussions is that there isn't anywhere to go after you share your idea and people say "oh that's neat."

Maybe someone should start a "Let's Build an Adventure" thread.

There is stuff to talk about to do with interactive narratology, DMing skills and so on. Similar to the discussions you'd have in an academic writing class. Well, a good one anyway. I bet if you could talk to someone like Naomi Novik or Chris Perkins they'd have some stuff to say.

For example, my party are mostly unaligned and a little shiftless. They're your stereotypical D&D treasure hunters. They're in a dungeon, there's a Big Bad at the end (Arun Vey, Mad Alchemist - I like to imagine that as a business card), but they don't really have any feelings for the guy except that he has phat lootz.

So every encounter leading up to that has something designed to make the PCs despise him. There was a magically locked box with a hint connected to beauty, which eventually was opened by a changeling PC taking on his face, which was the trigger to open it. There is an entire gallery devoted to portraits of him. There is a secret boudoir with a minibar containing love potions and draughts of forgetfulness (date rape kit, D&D style). There will be experiments by him that scare the party. Golemical copies of him will try to lure the PCs into traps. Horrible experiments containing skeletons of the PCs race.

My favourite trap at the moment has the PCs finding his research into nightmare golems (he has rage golems, time golems etc) and when a PC touches it I'll pass this note to the others:

'PC X is having a waking dream. The next few minutes are all in his mind. Please attack him and try to kill him. Nothing bad will actually happen - when he 'dies' he will actually wake up, shocked.'

Then the other 4 PCs will of course mince him. At the moment he goes down and starts to get pissed I'll interrupt and tell him he wakes up and is still holding the artifacts.

Hopefully enough of this shit will make the PCs really motivated to kill Arun Vey, Mad Alchemist.

So the thinking behind that is the kind of thing you could talk about in a 'fluff' D&D thread. It's not all just SkyCaptain not liking Mordenkrads.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    so I made a sand house on an island

I also made and placed a workbench but have no idea how to use it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    oh i thought you guys were all playing minecraft together

i have trouble playing LoL these days. I sort of killed that game.

do you need somewhere to hide

from the police

the cops don't scare me

but tell me this

where can a man go to hide...from himself

Inside the bottle.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    so I made a sand house on an island

I also made and placed a workbench but have no idea how to use it

Right click it.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Don't be a feeder.

It's creepy.

That was out of nowhere.

Feral on

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Don't be a feeder.

It's creepy.

you've really got nothing to gain by being one

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

LoL is Dota with heroes with more interesting mechanics, better balance, some nice core gameplay tweaks and features and a slightly annoying leveling system.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Don't be a feeder.

It's creepy.

What is a feeder? Breast feeding in public? Driving along a highway's feeder?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Niall is the bestest

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Don't be a feeder.

It's creepy.

What is a feeder? Breast feeding in public? Driving along a highway's feeder?

A feeder is someone who dies to the enemy team alot in DotA style games, thus feeding them exp and money.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Don't be a feeder.

It's creepy.

That was out of nowhere.

You get yelled at in LoL for feeding.

(he's not even reading your posts, Cass!)

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    Niall is the bestest

Might get fired today. Glad someone thinks I'm bestest.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also the joke was a comparison between feeding in LoL and someone who feeds another person in an attempt to get them fat.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Niall is the bestest

D:

I hope you aren't!

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also the joke was a comparison between feeding in LoL and someone who feeds another person in an attempt to get them fat.

and the person the 'feeder' is feeding is called a 'gainer'

great teamwork!!

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    okay I found out how

made a bunch of tools

it is night time

I am standing on top of my walls (as I have no roof) whacking at a spider when he gets too close

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    I only go to RPG.net for the motivational posters threads.
    RPG.net is terrible.

Such social retards.

I used to feel it was a shade better than ENWorld but now I'm beginning to think that may have just been Stockholm syndrome kicking in. I honestly don't really know a place that I'd like to discuss gaming, though, aside from a select few here in chat like you guys and poshniallo. (Even the D&D thread in CF, while it is leagues better than those places, tends to be a bit too nuts-and-bolts mechanical for me.)
    There should probably be a separate thread in CF for flavor and campaign considerations and such.

But such a thread would quickly fall off the front page and die in a forum that full of PbPs and Phallas.

The problem with fluff discussions is that there isn't anywhere to go after you share your idea and people say "oh that's neat."

Maybe someone should start a "Let's Build an Adventure" thread.

There is stuff to talk about to do with interactive narratology, DMing skills and so on. Similar to the discussions you'd have in an academic writing class. Well, a good one anyway. I bet if you could talk to someone like Naomi Novik or Chris Perkins they'd have some stuff to say.

For example, my party are mostly unaligned and a little shiftless. They're your stereotypical D&D treasure hunters. They're in a dungeon, there's a Big Bad at the end (Arun Vey, Mad Alchemist - I like to imagine that as a business card), but they don't really have any feelings for the guy except that he has phat lootz.

So every encounter leading up to that has something designed to make the PCs despise him. There was a magically locked box with a hint connected to beauty, which eventually was opened by a changeling PC taking on his face, which was the trigger to open it. There is an entire gallery devoted to portraits of him. There is a secret boudoir with a minibar containing love potions and draughts of forgetfulness (date rape kit, D&D style). There will be experiments by him that scare the party. Golemical copies of him will try to lure the PCs into traps. Horrible experiments containing skeletons of the PCs race.

My favourite trap at the moment has the PCs finding his research into nightmare golems (he has rage golems, time golems etc) and when a PC touches it I'll pass this note to the others:

'PC X is having a waking dream. The next few minutes are all in his mind. Please attack him and try to kill him. Nothing bad will actually happen - when he 'dies' he will actually wake up, shocked.'

Then the other 4 PCs will of course mince him. At the moment he goes down and starts to get pissed I'll interrupt and tell him he wakes up and is still holding the artifacts.

Hopefully enough of this shit will make the PCs really motivated to kill Arun Vey, Mad Alchemist.

So the thinking behind that is the kind of thing you could talk about in a 'fluff' D&D thread. It's not all just SkyCaptain not liking Mordenkrads.

Exactly. :^: Also, that dungeon sounds truly awesome. I'm jealous of your players!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Niall is the bestest

D:

I hope you aren't!

Don't know how much I care at this point. If they fire me I can sue them for wrongful dismissal, and who knows, maybe I can get another job soon.

poshniallo on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    There is a neckbeard in a trenchcoat having a discussion about pokemon with a chick in a wow hat at the train stop.

Winky on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Res wrote: »

Open your inventory (I believe the key is I) and above your inventory and to the left of your character is a 2x2 grid followed by a 1x1 square. The grid is the crafting area and it's where you place the materials to make something. The finished product comes out the other side.

WO
    OO > P, wood block is turned into a plank block (O means empty space)

PP
    PP > WB, plank blocks are turned into a workbench

PO
    PO > S, two planks stacked on top of each other are turned into sticks

PPP
    OSO
    OSO > PA, three plank blocks and two sticks are turned into a wooden pickaxe

fascinating

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    There is a neckbeard in a trenchcoat having a discussion about pokemon with a chick in a wow hat at the train stop.

:^:

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010

the new games are really gonna change the competitive scene up

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Man-children!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

the new games are really gonna change the competitive scene up

Are you fake posting here.

I honestly don't know.

Leitner on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    woo, got all my readings done

now I just have to do some explanatory brainstorming and practice my translation

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Will hasn't posted lately because he is sprinting towards that train stop with rage in his eyes and a diatribe on the tip of his tongue.

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Niall is the bestest

:(
    Don't be a feeder.

It's creepy.

That was out of nowhere.

You get yelled at in LoL for feeding.

Oh, gotcha.

Feral on

• Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    also no one seems to have noticed my nails being jet black today

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Good luck with everything, posh. I suppose getting sacked might be inevitable after what happened, and I can only imagine the worries you must be having for your family right now, but I feel like you'll be better off and happier in the long run than if you'd let them get away with that baloney. When I was a kid my granddad got bullied into accepting a buyout of his job and his pension and it made him and everyone around him miserable for a long time.

Jacobkosh on
This discussion has been closed.