As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]auqua Lake!

• WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man Kag

that is cold

like, wow. Don't even feel bad about that, dude. It's too hilarious to be awful, and really it's all on her.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    I'm so not an appealing male mate. D:

Someone help me sew my mouth shut and leave me in a hole for 20 days with only a quart of water a day.

ooh, did you fuck up

story time!

Yes, I said 'hi' to a girl.

Her response was 'Sorry you don't appeal to me'.

I just wanted to know what she was drinking so I could order one too. :(

aww, that kind of sucks

but at least she was polite. and she wasn't out to hurt your feelings

where did it happen? if it's a bar, people can be really defensive

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    maybe if you didn't order girl drinks you wouldn't have this problem, kagera

you ever think of that?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Kagera I am the best male mate

I can teach you how to be second best

for a nominal fee 8-)

Once he learns that, what's to stop him from killing you and becoming the best himself?

Robos A Go Go on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    how do you feel about the dominate/haking combo, elendil? That's something I wanted to try with my potential engineer.
    On a pure utilitarian basis something like AP rounds or neural shock would probably be more useful

but I like Dominate because it let me play to the class's type no matter what type of enemy I'd face

I actually dropped them both for Warp Ammo on Horizon, I think, and regretted it

Elendil on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    maybe if you didn't order girl drinks you wouldn't have this problem, kagera

you ever think of that?

It was Foster's Freeze.

The drink was a type of milkshake.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Brb going to go say hi to a girl to see what the response is.

EDIT: Perhaps you shouldn't have asked her for her milkshake.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    holy shit this place is big

I thought I saw the whole world from atop the Infinite Staircase

apparently not

at all

The map is infinite.

It's generated as you explore it.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    That girl was polite? What planet are you from? He said "Hi" and she assumed that she was trying to hit on him and told him off instantly, for all she knew he needed to ask for directions somewhere. Girl was rude as hell.

Inquisitor on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    That girl was polite? What planet are you from? He said "Hi" and she assumed that she was trying to hit on him and told him off instantly, for all she knew he needed to ask for directions somewhere. Girl was rude as hell.

I guess Zombie's idea of polite is not being pepper sprayed or tasered for initiating a basic conversation?

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
    edited September 2010

well she didn't say "ew, get away"

like I said, it's possible she was really defensive and it just kind of came out. I wouldn't assume the worst just because you can.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I submitted an erotic story for publication. Wish me luck!!

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Elendil wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    how do you feel about the dominate/haking combo, elendil? That's something I wanted to try with my potential engineer.
    On a pure utilitarian basis something like AP rounds or neural shock would probably be more useful

but I like Dominate because it let me play to the class's type no matter what type of enemy I'd face

I actually dropped them both for Warp Ammo on Horizon, I think, and regretted it

that sounds great

I'm tempted to make one, but I already have so many unfinished playthroughs

Nerdgasmic on
    edited September 2010

did you...did you really

was it anti-rotica

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited September 2010
    Corbius wrote: »

I guess Zombie's idea of polite is not being pepper sprayed or tasered for initiating a basic conversation?

That's fair game so long as she's apologizing at the same time.

Sarksus on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I might even start up a new playthrough

shadow broker made me fall in love all over again

Elendil on
    edited September 2010

Yessssss!

I think I am going to grab some water and then try to learn to be less bad at LoL.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010
    Zombie, why do you assume the worst of Kagera? Do you think he would leave out an important piece of information where she apologized for blurting something like that out? Kagera is a nice guy, you should give him the benefit of the doubt!

Sarksus on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Someday, you should pepper spray a girl for initiating a conversation with you.

Who am I kidding? Girls don't talk to you, etc.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited September 2010

like I said, it's possible she was really defensive and it just kind of came out. I wouldn't assume the worst just because you can.

Eh, honeyed words don't make her less of a jerk to me.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010

It wasn't polite, but the setting makes her assumption a fair one.

And if you try to be polite to guys in bars, I imagine that most will use your politeness as an excuse to drag out conversations or attempt to wear down your resistances.

I once saw a polite girl on the subway put up with a man twice her age as he engaged her in a rambling, too-familiar conversation for about ten minutes. Eventually she pretended to have reached her stop, then dashed out and took refuge in an adjacent car on the same train.

Girls should be able to cut the conversations off before they start, even if it means occasionally being rude to guys who don't deserve it.

Robos A Go Go on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Quis I think you mentioned this artist

he had a really creepy painting of like a skeleton flute thingy

its annoying me I can't remember the name

nexuscrawler on
    edited September 2010

I think I missed this conversation in [chat], or at least my memory is failing me. It's not ringing any bells.

Robos: Big difference between blowing someone off at "Hi" and enduring a 10 minute long conversation.

Inquisitor on
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    damn, Kagera that sucks. Sounds like someone just in a bad mood. Don't let a couple people on the internet convince you that it's okay for someone to act like that.

Silas Brown on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Girls should be able to cut the conversations off before they start, even if it means occasionally being rude to guys who don't deserve it.

Nobody should do that. That assholes exist doesn't mean a person should have free reign to treat everyone they don't know as if they are an asshole. If someone actually starts acting like an asshole, that's when you treat them like one.

Quid on
    edited September 2010

I think I missed this conversation in [chat], or at least my memory is failing me. It's not ringing any bells.

Robos: Big difference between blowing someone off at "Hi" and enduring a 10 minute long conversation.

You fend off these guys by being dismissive of them, though.

Also, in a bar setting where you're likely to meet a few guys like that in one night, the wasted minutes add up and seriously weigh on your patience.

After enough nights like that, I expect anyone would just decide that blunt, immediate rejection is the best course.

Robos A Go Go on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    jesus christ these maps are huge

I've been boating for ages

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010

And if you try to be polite to guys in bars, I imagine that most will use your politeness as an excuse to drag out conversations or attempt to wear down your resistances.

I once saw a polite girl on the subway put up with a man twice her age as he engaged her in a rambling, too-familiar conversation for about ten minutes. Eventually she pretended to have reached her stop, then dashed out and took refuge in an adjacent car on the same train.

See? I think this is ok. It was a bar, correct? If she did it to you on the street then yeah, she's probably a narcissistic bitch. But if it was a bar, then she's allowed to be left alone.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Eh, honeyed words don't make her less of a jerk to me.

"Wow I was just trying to find out what you were drinking because it looked good and I wanted one, but good job being a conceited bitch. By the way, you're not my type either."

DeShadowC on
    edited September 2010

Also, in a bar setting where you're likely to meet a few guys like that in one night, the wasted minutes add up and seriously weigh on your patience.

After enough nights like that, I expect anyone would just decide that blunt, immediate rejection is the best course.

I don't know why you keep bringing up a bar, this wasn't at a bar.

Two, there are points in a conversation you can be dismissive at other than right after someone says Hi.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010

If I'm in an environment where acting like that is necessary or preferable, I'd seriously consider whether or not I need to be there.

Silas Brown on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpxBXeJzrW4

tyrannus on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

See? I think this is ok. It was a bar, correct? If she did it to you on the street then yeah, she's probably a narcissistic bitch. But if it was a bar, then she's allowed to be left alone.

She can wait until he says his first sentence before making the assumption he is trying to hit on her, or start up a conversation.

DeShadowC on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

I don't know why you keep bringing up a bar, this wasn't at a bar.

Two, there are points in a conversation you can be dismissive at other than right after someone says Hi.

I agree with this

if this girl is assertive enough to cut someone off on hello

she is assertive enough to cut someone off mid sentence if it turns out she's actually being hit on

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited September 2010
    Telling someone off at a bar (not that this even happened at a bar) after they have said "Hi" is not appropriate. Being at a place with alcohol doesn't give you a pass to have no social skills.

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010
    One time when I was working at Gamestop, some highschool-aged girl walked in

so I did my job and walked up to her and asked her if she needed help

she gave me this disgusted look and said, "Uhm...no" in the bitchiest tone

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    holy shit this place is big

I thought I saw the whole world from atop the Infinite Staircase

apparently not

at all

The map is infinite.

It's generated as you explore it.

seriously?

an infinite procedurally generated world?

fuck. yes. I am buying this as soon as it is possible again.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited September 2010
    Why don't you think it happened at a bar, Inquisitor? Kagera referred to ordering drinks. It seems like a fair assumption.

Sarksus on
    edited September 2010
    One time when I was working at Gamestop, some highschool-aged girl walked in

so I did my job and walked up to her and asked her if she needed help

she gave me this disgusted look and said, "Uhm...no" in the bitchiest tone

She probably just assumed you were gonna try to rip her off since she was at a gamestop. It's totally legit.

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.