As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]auqua Lake!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    hey does anyone know how to make bookcases?

3x3

3 planks
    3 books
    3 planks

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I wanted to check out Seattle thinking it'd be better for me, but is it really as outdoorsy as Colorado? a balance between the two would be nice. at least somewhere where not every person you run into is outside as much as physically possible.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Bookshelves are resource intensive as hell. Bamboo to paper to books to bookshelves.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Zombie as a person who has grown up here I am confused at that feeling. Since I love outdoor times with friends. Even though I am probably one of the laziest people but I try to hike once a week here. I have learned though after PAX this makes me a freak amongst nerds.

I just don't. there's no way to explain it except I'm the black sheep. it's not that I'm lazy, I just don't enjoy being outdoors all that much

I grew up in the Rockies and while I guess I was fine with the outdoors, it didn't really speak to me the way it seems to a lot of folks. I feel pretty at home in an east coast city.

yeah, I need to explore the country a little and find a city that really suits me. I only know of popular West coast cities, though, and apparently the sentiment is about the same in those areas.

Yeah my take was that west coast and middle American cities were there to be tolerated but not really to be celebrated. If you live in denver or dallas or Albuquerque, they are comfortable and fine to carry out your business, but they're not really environments to be enjoyed and explored and such.

I dunno. May pbe other people will have a different impression. That is mine.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    I just made a poop that was like turkey gravy

I am prescribing you more cheese and less beer

Cheese makes me poop funny :x

nstf on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Bookshelves are resource intensive as hell. Bamboo to paper to books to bookshelves.

It sucks too because all they are is decoration.

I want him to implement books you can write in and then store in the book shelves.

Also, is there a way to make colored blocks in survival multiplayer?

Winky on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Seattle is awesome, and there are outside parts from what I understand. I know that it is close to a few places as well to go camping. I actually get kind of depressed moving some place that doesn't have places I can go out and day trip to all the time like I do in Colorado.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I don't want to become fat due to a sedentary lifestyle

but for whatever reason, some of my favorite places are urban. like parking garages. I don't know why, but I like parking garages.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Zombie as a person who has grown up here I am confused at that feeling. Since I love outdoor times with friends. Even though I am probably one of the laziest people but I try to hike once a week here. I have learned though after PAX this makes me a freak amongst nerds.

I just don't. there's no way to explain it except I'm the black sheep. it's not that I'm lazy, I just don't enjoy being outdoors all that much

I grew up in the Rockies and while I guess I was fine with the outdoors, it didn't really speak to me the way it seems to a lot of folks. I feel pretty at home in an east coast city.

yeah, I need to explore the country a little and find a city that really suits me. I only know of popular West coast cities, though, and apparently the sentiment is about the same in those areas.

Yeah my take was that west coast and middle American cities were there to be tolerated but not really to be celebrated. If you live in denver or dallas or Albuquerque, they are comfortable and fine to carry out your business, but they're not really environments to be enjoyed and explored and such.

Chicago would like a word with you Will

nstf on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    I am going to glue a thick beard to my face and live in the mountains.

You don't have your math degree yet.

I can already count trees and divide them into logs before simplifying them into ash inside of my fireplace.

Not good enough. You need to do Galois theory at the same time you plot against the government.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    so i went out with that persian lady today. she has a degree in applied mathematics.

i was p. bored, honestly, which is a shame- she said so much eccentric, off the wall stuff over the interbutts. maybe she's just shy.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    so i went out with that persian lady today. she has a degree in applied mathematics.

i was p. bored, honestly, which is a shame- she said so much eccentric, off the wall stuff over the interbutts. maybe she's just shy.

if she's willing to go on a second date, what harm can it do? a couple hours out of a day to find out if she's the person you thought she was or not.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

but for whatever reason, some of my favorite places are urban. like parking garages. I don't know why, but I like parking garages.

You should pick up parkour.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    nstf wrote: »

Chicago would like a word with you Will

Chicago has an actual downtown. I can't think of another Midwestern city that really does though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Yeah, Hakkes is super boring in person.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »

You should pick up parkour.

no health insurance D:

but it was something I took into consideration. it's not a big thing in Colorado Springs though. like at all. Colorado Springs is maybe 50% urban.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

let's date chu

I will say eccentric off the wall things to you

do not pass go

do not collect two used condoms

go immediately to the insane asylum and start screaming about THE CHAINS

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    I swear, you neckbeards just keep getting into more and more retarded games. First Dwarf Fortress and now Minecraft. What the heck?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Best cities in the world:

1. San Francisco
    2. Chicago

Winky on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Seattle is so cloudy. I think California would be perfect for my needs. Somewhere outside of San Fransisco/San Jose. I need to be close to a nice city, little cloud cover for star gazing at night, and also close to state parks. Also a big computer engineering presence.

Also hella weeeed.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Well a lot of people are shy at first. Maybe that is it

Is she hairy chu?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I swear, you neckbeards just keep getting into more and more retarded games. First Dwarf Fortress and now Minecraft. What the heck?

You have no imagination or soul.

G&T built Rapture.

They built fucking Rapture.

Winky on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Girl I dated earlier this year showed me some really rad one over at the University of Washington. We agreed that it would be perfect for a zombie movie because of the strange angles and this staircase enclosed in plexiglass.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Next up is rogue on emacs

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Seattle is so cloudy. I think California would be perfect for my needs. Somewhere outside of San Fransisco/San Jose. I need to be close to a nice city, little cloud cover for star gazing at night, and also close to state parks. Also a big computer engineering presence.

Also hella weeeed.

San Francisco is the only American city I would ever consider leaving Seattle for, but only if I was goddamn rich.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    maybe I will start an H/A thread about Seattle, kind of gauge what the experience is there

sweeping generalizations!

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    she didn't seem too hairy. she wore a dress and her arms looked like normal, human arms.

she's pretty and probably smarter than me so maybe i'll try another date. i think she enjoyed herself, so if she's willing i guess i am.

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    maybe I will start an H/A thread about Seattle, kind of gauge what the experience is there

sweeping generalizations!

You may want to just search for the dozen Seattle threads that already exist. I made one during the Summer that got to 3 pages.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Have you played the Minecraft?

It's dangerous for anyone who enjoys building things. Also, it plays like an FPS and it's got graphics!

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Winky wrote: »

You have no imagination or soul.

G&T built Rapture.

They built fucking Rapture.

I wonder if I could make a model of a TIE Defender... hmm...

Tamin on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Will we know you are an East Coast big city person. Not everyone is like that. Big cities make me feeling uncomfortable after about 3 to 4 days. I love visiting them, love the museums, the night life but that many people are not my thing. Denver has some great parts, the outdoors is one of them. We have some good museums and decent theaters as well. Also a great underground music scene. It has a lot of good things. But stuff that makes me want to live in a bigger city like the lack of decent public transportation and that getting places takes driving and thus making things kind of a pain in the ass.

Seattle feels about the right size to me. It is big enough for decent public transit and having the stuff of a big city without the feeling of overcrowding and claustrophobia I get in places like DC, New York or Tokyo. Everyone really has their own preference though.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Will we know you are an East Coast big city person. Not everyone is like that. Big cities make me feeling uncomfortable after about 3 to 4 days. I love visiting them, love the museums, the night life but that many people are not my thing. Denver has some great parts, the outdoors is one of them. We have some good museums and decent theaters as well. Also a great underground music scene. It has a lot of good things. But stuff that makes me want to live in a bigger city like the lack of decent public transportation and that getting places takes driving and thus making things kind of a pain in the ass.

Seattle feels about the right size to me. It is big enough for decent public transit and having the stuff of a big city without the feeling of overcrowding and claustrophobia I get in places like DC, New York or Tokyo. Everyone really has their own preference though.

As a DC person, we aren't really that big of a city, due to silly laws. No skyscrapers ect.

nstf on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Have you played the Minecraft?

It's dangerous for anyone who enjoys building things. Also, it plays like an FPS and it's got graphics!

don't you know, DK

kakos controls worlds, universes

every potion you drink, HE MIXED

every magic item you find, HE PUT IT THERE

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Anyone know if the hot springs in Olympic Park are awesome? Or any others in Seattle-ish region?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Next up is rogue on emacs

will

you are a nerd, did you know that?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    i don't even like living in a city with 1.4 million people, like i do now

'a few hundred thousand' would feel like a big town to me, i think

ultimately, assuming i have the money, i think i'd like to end up in new york city or london or tokyo- one of the big biggies

there's just such a premium to live near the nucleus- we'll see

maybe my considerations will change once i'm on my own and entertaining the possibility of a family

Organichu on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This football game is awful.

Also, Apple is using Short Skirt Long Jacket in their new nano commercial. I don't know how I feel about it.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ugh fuck this

blew (with my mouth not with canned air) the vents in this laptop and a cloud of dust came out of the fan

since i can't find my canned air (most likely need more) i tried to crack it open and only ended up hurting my fingers

fuckin

i just want a computer that my fiancee can use to venture into middle earth with me

stop overheating damn you

Arch on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    One thing Minecraft is missing is more random chests. I think I have found a grand total of ONE random chest.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    ugh fuck this

blew (with my mouth not with canned air) the vents in this laptop and a cloud of dust came out of the fan

since i can't find my canned air (most likely need more) i tried to crack it open and only ended up hurting my fingers

fuckin

i just want a computer that my fiancee can use to venture into middle earth with me

stop overheating damn you

The solution here is to build your own computers and not use laptops!

nstf on
This discussion has been closed.