As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]auqua Lake!

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    living in London would be fucking awesome

tyrannus on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    ugh fuck this

blew (with my mouth not with canned air) the vents in this laptop and a cloud of dust came out of the fan

since i can't find my canned air (most likely need more) i tried to crack it open and only ended up hurting my fingers

fuckin

i just want a computer that my fiancee can use to venture into middle earth with me

stop overheating damn you

The solution here is to build your own computers and not use laptops!

Your solution is time-consuming and non-portable. It is suboptimal.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This football game is awful.

Also, Apple is using Short Skirt Long Jacket in their new nano commercial. I don't know how I feel about it.

You bet it is. That last score put me from +6.6 to -.4 in my fantasy game. Come on Steve Smith, catch the damn ball.

Thomamelas on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Will we know you are an East Coast big city person. Not everyone is like that. Big cities make me feeling uncomfortable after about 3 to 4 days. I love visiting them, love the museums, the night life but that many people are not my thing. Denver has some great parts, the outdoors is one of them. We have some good museums and decent theaters as well. Also a great underground music scene. It has a lot of good things. But stuff that makes me want to live in a bigger city like the lack of decent public transportation and that getting places takes driving and thus making things kind of a pain in the ass.

Seattle feels about the right size to me. It is big enough for decent public transit and having the stuff of a big city without the feeling of overcrowding and claustrophobia I get in places like DC, New York or Tokyo. Everyone really has their own preference though.

Yeah I mean I understand. Manhattan feels claustrophobic to me. On the other hand, there is literally nowhere in Denver that feels like it has ebpnough vitality to really feel alive to me. I guess everyone has their level of comfort.

I grew up in the southwest, so I've know what living out there is like. My bro lives in Albuquerque still. He has a much bigger house than I do for a lot less money and life is a lot quieter and more convenient out there, it just feels like it's kind of isolated and dead though.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    ugh fuck this

blew (with my mouth not with canned air) the vents in this laptop and a cloud of dust came out of the fan

since i can't find my canned air (most likely need more) i tried to crack it open and only ended up hurting my fingers

fuckin

i just want a computer that my fiancee can use to venture into middle earth with me

Get compressed air. You might not be able to open it with standard screwdrivers.

DeShadowC on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    DC is still a big city. Its a population density thing. Sky scrapers aren't all the feeling of a large urban environment.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    nstf wrote: »
    ugh fuck this

fuckin

The solution here is to build your own computers and not use laptops!

this is my roomates old laptop she gave to me because it was turning off all the time and she just bought a new one

MY computer is a beast that i built myself, but i don't have the funds to straight up build the fiancee a desktop just to play LOTRO and wow

her five year old macbook ain't exactly gonna be playin games anytime soon

Arch on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    tyrannus wrote: »
    living in London would be fucking awesome

yessss

Casual Eddy on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I swear, you neckbeards just keep getting into more and more retarded games. First Dwarf Fortress and now Minecraft. What the heck?

Next up is rogue on emacs

will

you are a nerd, did you know that?

No I am awesome

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010
    Will how much did your water charger cost you?

do you like it?

Casual Eddy on
    edited September 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    ugh fuck this

fuckin

Get compressed air. You might not be able to open it with standard screwdrivers.

yeah i unscrewed everything and the whole time since my last post in H/A was me trying to open it

cut the bit under my fingernails something fierce

Arch on
    edited September 2010

Also, Apple is using Short Skirt Long Jacket in their new nano commercial. I don't know how I feel about it.

Apparently some people regard this as a return to form since they once used a different cake song in an iPod spot.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • nstfnstf __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    DC is still a big city. Its a population density thing. Sky scrapers aren't all the feeling of a large urban environment.

nah DC itself isn't that big, but when you included Arlington and Montgomery county, ie the areas that border it and share the subway it's fucking gigantic. So I can kinda see it, but still, DC ain't like say NYC.

nstf on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

Apparently some people regard this as a return to form since they once used a different cake song in an iPod spot.

Jeez, what is this, Apple lore? I'll be over here reading my halo literature nerd.

Sarksus on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

You bet it is. That last score put me from +6.6 to -.4 in my fantasy game. Come on Steve Smith, catch the damn ball.

The Manning thing made me all excited to watch a huge scoring battle. Little did I know that the Giants are awful.

stevemarks44 on
    edited September 2010

do you like it?

I think I paid somewhere around 80 bucks for it.

I like it a lot. It's the soda stream.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've become institutionalized. I find I am deliberately waiting for my two minute timer when I want to reply to something shortly after a post. I'm still composing posts and switching to a different tab to read something before submitting.

Donkey Kong on
    edited September 2010

do you like it?

does it have things you have to replace?

how do you get water into it?

Casual Eddy on
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

Jeez, what is this, Apple lore? I'll be over here reading my halo literature nerd.

Yeah I am not really a sage in apple advertising but I think I saw that on engadget.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    Interesting fact: Denver has one of the best public transportation systems in the nation. Thus, Mazzy, you are likely just too lazy to use public transportation and no place will really satisfy you on that front.

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2010
    premier cock-osssss

sup

Arch on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2010
    premier cock-osssss

sup

Oh, not much. Sucking the peen, the usual.

Premier kakos on
    edited September 2010

do you like it?

does it have things you have to replace?

how do you get water into it?

It has a co2 tank you need to replace that is p cheap if you return the old one. My machine is the type that charges up a bottle of water that you screw into the machine. The bottle also has a lid with a gasket so you can refrigerate the bottle and it will keep the water carbonated.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010
    premier cock-osssss

sup

Oh, not much. Sucking the peen, the usual.

word

so life's good?

Arch on
    edited September 2010
    should i play LOTRO or go to sleep [chat]?

Arch on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    so since lotro keeps crashing my macbook maybe i'll just delete my win seven partition and get the 50 gigs back

Organichu on
    edited September 2010
    No, DC isn't a NYC or Tokyo. Man Tokyo is a nuts compared to everything else though. Kyoto is pretty good. Denver basically requires you live downtown. It has changed a bunch in the 10 years Will. You might not recognize LoDo and that part. Tons of places to go and such that are opened late(2 am which is late for CO). Really though I know what you are talking about. I feel pretty isolated most of the time when I am in Denver. But in Fort Collins I never felt that way.

It is more the people you know I think than where you are out that causes that since of isolation. If you have people you can go out with and stuff usually solves that even if you are in Juneau.

Man slow posting is me since I am watching old Venture Brothers.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited September 2010
    Interesting fact: Denver has one of the best public transportation systems in the nation. Thus, Mazzy, you are likely just too lazy to use public transportation and no place will really satisfy you on that front.

Man, so going to just laugh at this. Are you talking about RTD? Light rail if you live near it is great. RTD buses in some parts are okay. The majority of the metro area. Gods no.

Seriously, pretty much any town on a coast I have been to outside of LA have a much better public transportation system.

Actually Fort Collins had a great one with one problem, it stopped at like 8 pm. But you could get anywhere on it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mazz, how far is where you live form Phoenix?

Inquisitor on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

The Manning thing made me all excited to watch a huge scoring battle. Little did I know that the Giants are awful.

I could have told you that. They have no defense, no running game and a so-so O-line. The only way this game was gonna be close is if Eli could turn it into a shootout and just throw deep. And if that fucker would just throw to Steve Smith I might when my fantasy match up.

Thomamelas on
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't wait to not watch The Event.

stevemarks44 on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    watching brandon jacobs try to cut back and end around (and fail miserably), at 265 lbs, was worth the entire game

Organichu on
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Every city in the southwest is like nine or twelve hours from every other city

It's like some kind of hypergeometry

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010

You can't not use NYC's public transportation. Cabs are expensive and driving is D:

Donkey Kong on
    edited September 2010
    No, DC isn't a NYC or Tokyo. Man Tokyo is a nuts compared to everything else though. Kyoto is pretty good. Denver basically requires you live downtown. It has changed a bunch in the 10 years Will. You might not recognize LoDo and that part. Tons of places to go and such that are opened late(2 am which is late for CO). Really though I know what you are talking about. I feel pretty isolated most of the time when I am in Denver. But in Fort Collins I never felt that way.

It is more the people you know I think than where you are out that causes that since of isolation. If you have people you can go out with and stuff usually solves that even if you are in Juneau.

Man slow posting is me since I am watching old Venture Brothers.

Yeah if you have a large circle of friends then there's always something going on. In high school in Los alamos and in college in Lubbock I stayed busier than I wanted to.

I don't really have a large circle these days, so having a living city around me helps me to feel less isolated.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited September 2010

Like 16+ hours if I remember right. Denver is towards the middle of Colorado.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I can't wait to not watch The Event.

Not watching it, isn't the event.

DeShadowC on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

Like 16+ hours if I remember right. Denver is towards the middle of Colorado.

Blegh. I may be in Phoenix in the future and was thinking of maybe hitting up the PA Denver crew but...16+ hours.

Eeesh

Inquisitor on
    edited September 2010
    Foruming on ipad is mostly fine.

I wish it would cache tabs though. And the spell check needs a little more training. And arrow keys would be nice.

Still, it's a nice form factor for foruming in bed.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Will, sorry about the kid. For some reason he joins every fucking game I'm in.

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.