As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]auqua Lake!

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Foruming on ipad is mostly fine.

I wish it would cache tabs though. And the spell check needs a little more training. And arrow keys would be nice.

Still, it's a nice form factor for foruming in bed.

:winky:

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daggit, you guys, I wanna play Halo when you play Halo.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hey Will, sorry about the kid. For some reason he joins every fucking game I'm in.

What game? I wanna hear this story?

Edit: Ah, Halo.

I played it at my friends LAN party the other day. It was aight, I mean, it was Halo with some fun little armor gimmicks.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Is there a way to be invisible on the x-box like you can do with aim and such? Because you can use that Mori.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited September 2010
    Hey Will, sorry about the kid. For some reason he joins every fucking game I'm in.

It's okay. He's more tolerable than those racist fuckwits who join every once in a while. He's just a kid who does kid-like things and has a really high pitched voice.

I had a lot of fun playing with you today though. Hopefully we will get more of those. I got my blue visor so I look like a champ now.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Moriarty that kid is amusing. He gets so pissed off!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Is there a way to be invisible on the x-box like you can do with aim and such? Because you can use that Mori.

I can, but I wish to remain visible to everyone else.

Maybe there's a way to block just one player without actually removing them.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    okay so i dug my way out of my cave and constructed an obelisk for easy reference points

i am surrounded by trees too

falling into that terrible blackness was the best thing that ever happened to this family

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

It's okay. He's more tolerable than those racist fuckwits who join every once in a while. He's just a kid who does kid-like things and has a really high pitched voice.

I had a lot of fun playing with you today though. Hopefully we will get more of those. I got my blue visor so I look like a champ now.

Awesome. Yeah, gaming today was fun, even with the kid shouting about banshee-using gays.

Actually Sarksus is right, he is pretty hilarious. His tirade about Pokemon on Friday night was gold.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man the Banshees are the shit. I love using them. Get armor lock, stupids!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »

He thinks people who "spam Armor LocK" are gay.

Man, I fucking love using Armor Lock to blow up some vehicles.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

He thinks people who "spam Armor LocK" are gay.

Man, I fucking love using Armor Lock to blow up some vehicles.

I fucking love you <3<3<3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Armor lock didn't seem very good when we were playing.

It was just like...stop shooting the guy and then kill him when he comes out of it? Maybe the guys using it didn't know how to use it.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    vindalooooooooooooooo

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, time to watch the final episode for this season of Eureka.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Man, I haven't gotten to play with any chatters in MNC recently.

Cinders on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cinders wrote: »

that's what happens with [chat] games, everyone plays like crazy then moves on to the next game. It'll happen with halo too

sucks if you're not an early adopter!

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

It was just like...stop shooting the guy and then kill him when he comes out of it? Maybe the guys using it didn't know how to use it.

It seems like every power's utility depends on the situation. Armor Lock isn't really primarily useful for its invincibility against random fire.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Da halos came out and Than has become obsessed with crafting LoTRO.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010

that's what happens with [chat] games, everyone plays like crazy then moves on to the next game. It'll happen with halo too

sucks if you're not an early adopter!

My new rule is to not get games exclusively to play with [chat].

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I've been playing LoL instead, though I haven't been gaming too much in general.

It's kind of annoying but LoL is really fun but has a level system and I am behind my friends, so I am trying to catch up both mechanically and skill wise so I can hang with them. I'm already pretty good at MNC though and have nothing left to unlock that would give me a benefit, so it is hard to justify playing MNC over LoL right now. Eitherway I am having fun but playing LoL is getting me stuff.

I am weak.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Vindaloo.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

It makes explosive weapons (grenades, concussion shot, banshee secondary fire, etc) useless and I'm pretty sure if you hold it down until it expires it will drain shields if the enemy is nearby. It'll also wreck vehicles if they try to hit you. In a regular firefight it can delay your death and throw an enemy's timing off.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

It seems like every power's utility depends on the situation. Armor Lock isn't really primarily useful for its invincibility against random fire.

Jetpack seemed super useful, all the time, unless you were playing a tunnel map. Then it was all about that cloak.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    i miss online gaming with chatters

we had some magical nights

like, playing bc2 and improvising lyrics to the fray's you found me

lying in velour
    you found me
    you found me

fucking asian whores
    you found me
    then bound me

hola, mi amor
    you found me
    you found me

going to the store

out in the downpour

etc

crooning to each other

*dreamy sigh*

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

It makes explosive weapons (grenades, concussion shot, banshee secondary fire, etc) useless and I'm pretty sure if you hold it down until it expires it will drain shields if the enemy is nearby. It'll also wreck vehicles if they try to hit you. In a regular firefight it can delay your death and throw an enemy's timing off.

I think the people I was up against didn't realize you could toggle it on off? How quick can you toggle it? Using it to tank nades does sound decently useful.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I've been playing LoL instead, though I haven't been gaming too much in general.

It's kind of annoying but LoL is really fun but has a level system and I am behind my friends, so I am trying to catch up both mechanically and skill wise so I can hang with them. I'm already pretty good at MNC though and have nothing left to unlock that would give me a benefit, so it is hard to justify playing MNC over LoL right now. Eitherway I am having fun but playing LoL is getting me stuff.

I am weak.

Bug me for LoL. I enjoyed it the bit I played ages ago. And wouldn't mind playing with friends.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Jetpack is really slow. It's trivially easy to shoot at somebody who's hovering around. You can take people by surprise and move across the map in unconventional ways and a few weapons are very effective while airborne, though.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I think the people I was up against didn't realize you could toggle it on off? How quick can you toggle it? Using it to tank nades does sound decently useful.

The activation time for all of the special abilities is pretty much the same. Not more than a second between fighting normally and using the ability probably and I think you can use it again if you don't drain it all the way but I'm not sure.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Bug me for LoL. I enjoyed it the bit I played ages ago. And wouldn't mind playing with friends.

For sure, I might be hopping on in a few actually, I am trying to decide which of the free heroes to give a shake.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    League of Legends is in the same genre as MNC, right?

I should probably download it.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Jetpack is really slow. It's trivially easy to shoot at somebody who's hovering around. You can take people by surprise and move across the map in unconventional ways and a few weapons are very effective while airborne, though.

My brief experience with the game was: If I have a jetpack and you don't, you die via nades.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I like the arch angel, but it isn't that impressive from what I hear. I also kind of sucked but still enjoyed it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    League of Legends is in the same genre as MNC, right?

I should probably download it.

Tenuously!

MNC is a third person class based shooter first and has light DotA elements.

League of Legends is straight up DotA. It controls like an RTS where you have one hero and do 5v5s and your characters level up and you earn money for items and upgrade skills and have to push towers. There are lots of heroes and lots of items and lots of powers to learn. Games can run pretty long (40+ minutes).

That said, it's free and I think fun so give it a shake.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I like using jetpacks when there's a lot of vertical space and other people are using them. It feels like dueling in Tribes which was a lot of fun.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Just do it with friends, some of the folks in the LoL community are pure assholes.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I like using jetpacks when there's a lot of vertical space and other people are using them. It feels like dueling in Tribes which was a lot of fun.

I was sad that I never found a grenade launcher while I was rocking a jetpack with my friends. That would have really brought back some of that old school tribes flava.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I was sad that I never found a grenade launcher while I was rocking a jetpack with my friends. That would have really brought back some of that old school tribes flava.

I like using the rocket launcher. It's as close to a spinfusor as you'll get I think.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tenuously!

MNC is a third person class based shooter first and has light DotA elements.

League of Legends is straight up DotA. It controls like an RTS where you have one hero and do 5v5s and your characters level up and you earn money for items and upgrade skills and have to push towers. There are lots of heroes and lots of items and lots of powers to learn. Games can run pretty long (40+ minutes).

That said, it's free and I think fun so give it a shake.

Aw.
    If it was Fantasy MNC I know for a fact I would enjoy it.
    But ah well may as well give it a shot.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Man, I want to play tribes so much right now.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.