As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NEW comics 5-9-07

2»

• Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    but Mary Marvel's were a bit boring.

She had like two pages!

Felt like three pages, Keith.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007

She had like two pages!

I didn't feel like getting up to check

fuck you guys I like Mary

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Isn't she supposed to be younger than she was though?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    She was like 16 in the Super Buddies, so I'd say with comic book time, she was the right age.

She's not the cutest little thing that she is in Jeff Smith's series anymore, of course.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007

She had like two pages!

Keith, two pages can still be two boring pages.

However I said it was a set-up issue so I'm not making any big judgments until at least the fourth issue.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007

She had like two pages!

However I said it was a set-up issue so I'm not making any big judgments until at least the fourth issue.

Are you reading Trials of Shazam? Because if not, I can see why they'd bore you. It's just a continuation of that story

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

She had like two pages!

Are you reading Trials of Shazam? Because if not, I can see why they'd bore you. It's just a continuation of that story
    I haven't been, so that's probably why.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007

She had like two pages!

Yeah
    She lost her powers while she was in a battle and fell far to the ground (or river, I forget). She was in a coma, and Freddie withdrew from college to pay for her hospital bills even though he was like a credit away from graduating. He visited her every day until he started the trials

So I'm wondering why he doesn't want her finding him.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

She had like two pages!

Yeah
    She lost her powers while she was in a battle and fell far to the ground (or river, I forget). She was in a coma, and Freddie withdrew from college to pay for her hospital bills even though he was like a credit away from graduating. He visited her every day until he started the trials

Ah, well that makes much more sense.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

She had like two pages!

Yeah

Maybe because he's in the middle of training and he doesn't want her to get hurt again since the Marvel powers seem to be in flux?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

She had like two pages!

Yeah

Maybe because he's in the middle of training and he doesn't want her to get hurt again since the Marvel powers seem to be in flux?

That's what I'm thinking

but maybe this happens after the trials.

All the preview art shows her as Mary Marvel, although that could just be because it's more recognizable.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    anyone tell me if "ANNIHILATION SAGA" is worth picking up?

smokmnky on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Saga books are a recap of the series, so it'll just tell you what happened in Annihilation, to get you ready for the next one.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ah ok, since I'm all caught up on annihilation I'm good then, thanks

smokmnky on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You know, despite what I said to Servo earlier in the thread, I think I might be done with War Journal. Does anyone else think Frank's devotion to Captain America is completely off base and sort of ridiculous? It's making the comic not so enjoyable to read anymore.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    You know, despite what I said to Servo earlier in the thread, I think I might be done with War Journal. Does anyone else think Frank's devotion to Captain America is completely off base and sort of ridiculous? It's making the comic not so enjoyable to read anymore.

This is my feeling on the entirety of War Journal.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It has been pretty ridiculous from the very start, especially compared to MAX, of course.

But I think it was better before, somehow. Issue #4 was absolutely amazing, for instance. But yeah, it's sort of out of control now.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    i knew it

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    actually, yeah, I don't know what's really going on after #5 since it seems to be skipping forward and backwards in time

all I know is that frank knocked out a bull with a 2x4

DJ Eebs on