As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blazblue Continuum Shift 2- CS2 patch and Platinum coming in May, CS2 patch free

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It is not region locked, sky's the limit.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AizawaAizawa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh, sweet stuff. I assume you need to use the american playstation store to buy the DLC? If so, can I add the PSN vouchers that I buy in Sweden to the american PSN account? I don't have a credit card. >_>

Sorry for going off-topic.

EDIT: Can I add vouchers bought here to an american PSN account? I kinda don't see why I wouldn't, but I want to make sure I can. Can't find anything on the 'net about it.
    EDIT2: Nevarrmiiiind, it doesn't work. Eff it then.

Aizawa on
    Druid
    1801011.png
    Please, excuse any socially awkward actions taken by me. I have autism.
  • Options
    MirrorMirror Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am from Europe too, I've the game (USA version), and i already bought a 20$ US PSN card, i bought the first two pallete Dlc colours, and i've still 10$ waiting for Platinum to buy her.

I think you can't use DLC stuff from the JP version since the DLCs are region locked in Japan, i remember reading about people with the JP version that bought DLC using the JP store and couldn't use it.
    But for the US version works fine, just create a new PSn account, you have to say you live in USA, then you can use the US PSN store, the DLC works on all accounts, so just use the USA account to download stuff, then go back to your european account and use the DLCs.

Edit: to buy the US psn card just use Ebay.

Mirror on
  • Options
    AizawaAizawa Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Aizawa wrote: »
    ...I don't have a credit card. >_>...

Can't really buy stuff from Ebay, but thanks. Hopefully there is a PAL release soon, though.

Aizawa on
    Druid
    1801011.png
    Please, excuse any socially awkward actions taken by me. I have autism.
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    SBO going on now fools!

Top 4 winners:

Akuto (Bang) / Hiroshi (Jin)
    Fumo (Arakune) / Goro (Lambda)
    Dora (Bang) / Hima (Arakune)
    Tsujikawa (Tao) / Chou (Litchi)

edit: top 4 woops.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_96stPlP0eA

Valkenhayn footage.

Tsujikawa (tao)/chou (litchi) won BBCS SBO btw.

Shounen/Ogawa/RF won GGAC.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    that A is so pressure the crowd goes wild

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    So, Valkenhayn will be released at september 21, right? That means, 2 days from now! :D

Mirror on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Also, seeing that no one cares about the AH3 thread (maybe my fault? :P) I'm just gonna post that it's been dated for 1/13/2011 and has SE and LE. LE comes with pins and a crappy artbook for $20 more. Fuck the LE.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/17/arcana_heart_3_dated/

Antihippy on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It's not your fault. It's just ... no one cares about AH3 in general. Or at least very few people do.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Well, I assumed that, so that's why I posted the AH3 stuff I want to post in the BB thread where there might be some interest from the animu fighter crowd, but that probably killed the AH3 thread. :lol: Maybe.

Hopefully once the console release comes it'll get some attention. At least the US has some great representatives like Sabin.

Also, the console version has these weird border things for 4:3 mode. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHlFxxuLEUM

Antihippy on
  • Options
    setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm looking forward to it still, but really there's not much to say on it at this point until the port's released, heh. I am hoping to get down to Maryland sometime before January so I can mess around with it a bit though.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Apparently there might be another character though.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/116/G011641/20100918049/screenshot.html?num=025

Sticker covering one of the badges.

Also, Valkenhayn DLC might be delayed for 360 dudes.
    "PlayStation ® 3 version of the patch delivery September 20, 2010 September 21, download content delivery (Japan time, respectively) are planned. For Xbox 360 version, because Microsoft's Xbox LIVE events is confirmed the system does not download correctly, you will be now be delivered at a later date. For delivery schedules, Members will be notified later. Xbox 360 version of the user experience for everyone We apologize for the inconvenience you, you for your thank you for your understanding." (according to Google Language Tools)

Antihippy on
  • Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Son of a Bitch.

I look at that link thinking you mean another new BB character. You can't imagine my disappointment. CAN'T IMAGINE!!!

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Haha, i also tought of that, but considering that they had reserved the space for Makoto, Valkenhayn and Platinum even before they were announced, i guess that must mean that in order to add a new character they first need to "reserve the hole for that character in the game". Like, in the character roster screen, or idk. I mean, i think they can't just add characters right away, but i'm not too sure, it's just my tought.

I just finished the story mode 100% with every character, and i think it's pretty sad that what you get for it is "just the special secret voice" that can be displayed in the gallery, and i mean what is sad about it is these voices are in Japanese, i don't get a single word of out of it, and it sounds so fun... I mean, seriously? what is the point of unlocking a voice that is just "takaweda hanashi yoto no more sha da bla bla blah..", they should seriously translate that for people that doesn't knows japanese.
    Still, i'm going to hear all of them, because i enjoy listening to the voices actor's real voice, but they are sooo long... and in japanese, just finished hearing first voice, Ragna's and it was soooo long, idk how many time exactly but it was alot, what a waste (after i finished listening all of it, i asked myself: "why did i just listen all of this?"), they should really release a patch for us to understand all that :D.

Mirror on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Apparently there might be another character though.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/116/G011641/20100918049/screenshot.html?num=025

Sticker covering one of the badges.

Also, Valkenhayn DLC might be delayed for 360 dudes.
    "PlayStation ® 3 version of the patch delivery September 20, 2010 September 21, download content delivery (Japan time, respectively) are planned. For Xbox 360 version, because Microsoft's Xbox LIVE events is confirmed the system does not download correctly, you will be now be delivered at a later date. For delivery schedules, Members will be notified later. Xbox 360 version of the user experience for everyone We apologize for the inconvenience you, you for your thank you for your understanding." (according to Google Language Tools)
    they said makoto would be delayed for 360 as well
    iirc she came earlier.

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That one is fan speculation iirc but the valkenhayn one came straight from the official site.

Also, patch changes. Just bug fixes and also something to do with makoto's parry so that the parry loop is no longer possible.
    PS3 patch - 9/20 Valk - 9/21 (JPN time)
    360 patch/Valk - delayed

System changes & bug fixes
    - Trophy/Acheivement update w/ Valk DLC
    - Faster matching speed in Ranked Matches
    - Fixed a problem where some effects didn't disappear, which made the game have to process more info.
    - On Kagatsuchi Port (Rain) stage, fixed a problem where an environmental sound effect didn't play correctly
    - Fixed a problem where under certain circumstances if you choose Makoto in Player Matches the character select screen glitched.
    - Fixed a problem in training mode where sound effects may not stop under certain conditions.
    - Game now autosaves after completing each mission in challenge mode, you no longer have to go back to the main menu to save progress for that.
    - Now when clearing score attack, your final score is displayed (this wasn't done before? never played score attack)
    - Fixed the problem where in Legion mode DLC character portrait icons appeared, even though they're unusable in Legion mode.
    - In network mode it remembers the last character you chose, and defaults to them.
    - On network mode results after matches, "Used character PSR" and "Top PSR" information is displayed.
    - Fixed a problem where in Ranked Matches / Quick Match the matching system would lock up and not advance.
    - When training in ranked / player matches, on the character select screen you can now hit select/back to return to the room.
    - Fixed some typos.

Character adjustments & bug fixes
    - Fixed a problem where after George gets hit by Carl's Cantabile special, he started acting oddly.
    - Fixed a problem where when using Taokaka's DLC colors, the displayed effects became distorted.
    - Fixed a problem where icons sometimes did not display correctly near the health guage when Nirvana dies.
    - In challenge mode, when using Λ-11's gravity well, the gauge auto-refills (I guess after dropping the combo, so you no longer have to wait for it to recharge)
    - Fixed a problem which caused v-13's ghost merging with Λ-11 during her intro vs. Ragna to display incorrectly.
    - Fixed a problem where if you pause during Tsubaki install the sound effect loops (or if you reset in training mode lol)
    - Fixed a problem where under certain conditions after using Hazama's Jakou the effects didn't disappear properly after the move executes.
    - Fixed a problem where Hazama didn't use the correct voice set vs. certain characters in Network Mode.
    - Fixed a problem with V-13's voice set in Network Mode.
    - Changes made to how Makoto's Space Counter (Parry) functions. (Probably goodbye parry loop imo)
    - Changed something about how holding the D button to charge Makoto's Big Bang Smash and Planet Crusher.
    - Changes made to Makoto's beginner mode.
    - Fixed a problem where during Makoto's Planet Crusher Astral her crest effect didn't display.
    - Fixed the problem where after getting hit by Makoto's Planet Crusher Astral you could still move around sometimes.

PS3 Specific fix:
    - Fixed a problem where after clearing score attack and uploading your score, it wasn't registered.

360 Specific fix:
    - Fixed a problem where PSR was added during Player Matches.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    Stand, Killer QueenStand, Killer Queen Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Well, I assumed that, so that's why I posted the AH3 stuff I want to post in the BB thread where there might be some interest from the animu fighter crowd, but that probably killed the AH3 thread. :lol: Maybe.

Hopefully once the console release comes it'll get some attention. At least the US has some great representatives like Sabin.

Also, the console version has these weird border things for 4:3 mode. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHlFxxuLEUM

I'm not familair with the series, but that is distracting as shit

Stand, Killer Queen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    It is.

I'm hoping for an option where you can turn that off or at least make them stills and not animated.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like that the cursor defaults to your last selected character now.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxkM5-R7q0g

SBO finals! Get them while you can.

That tao is insane.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    - Fixed a problem where after George gets hit by Carl's Cantabile special, he started acting oddly.

Lmao, what does Goerge do?

One more day to Valkenhayn!! :D

Mirror on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Also, seeing that no one cares about the AH3 thread (maybe my fault? :P) I'm just gonna post that it's been dated for 1/13/2011 and has SE and LE. LE comes with pins and a crappy artbook for $20 more. Fuck the LE.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/17/arcana_heart_3_dated/

I want a damn western release of it. I don't want to be forced to import yet another game. :(

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    that tao is pretty sweet
    never seen that kind of drive use to mixup before

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Mirror wrote: »

Lmao, what does Goerge do?

One more day to Valkenhayn!! :D

I actually encountered that in a game. George floats up a little in the air and still walks around, and when the Rachel player activated her wind, he was blown out of the screen entirely. Weird.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    i love watching bang players get rolled

dunno why

interrobang on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Probably for the same reasons people loved watching nu-13 players get rolled in CT.

Sweet Justice

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    MightfoMightfo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Barrabas wrote: »
    It's not your fault. It's just ... no one cares about AH3 in general. Or at least very few people do.

People who care about gameplay do.

Mightfo on
  • Options
    CrownAxeCrownAxe Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'm having trouble beating my friends Tager with Makoto. Any tips?

CrownAxe on
    AwesomeSig.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Problem 1: You're playing against Tager.

Problem 2: You're probably playing on-line. Which makes Tager HARD.

problem 3: GIGANTIC TAAAGER!!!!!!

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    CrownAxe wrote: »
    I'm having trouble beating my friends Tager with Makoto. Any tips?

learn a real blockstring
    hitconfirm instead of trying to combo him on block

have more priority and damage and be faster and parry and you wiiiiin

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That Tao is applying some real pressure!

Also I love when the crowd chants in rhythm to the combo. That is the kind of community I want to be a part of. Fuck America's comparatively thin fighting scene.

Kazaka on
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've been having some fun zoning people out with Jin in this... but damn I have problems dealing with pressure. I honestly have no idea where block strings end or begin in this game, so I have no idea when to push buttons and I end up mashing 2A the entire time, hoping for an opening.

RawrBear on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Blockstrings are pretty much character specific soooo

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sooo... All summer I was on an internship without my consoles and my BlazBlue fix. During that time CS came out... So yeah when I'm back home later this week I'm definitely picking it up along with Reach.

I played a bit at a few parties over the summer, and love the game even more then the original; however I know next to nothing about the DLC characters. Unfortunately no one had Makoto at the parties so I haven't had a chance to try her out. What are your guys opinions on her? Is she worth the buy? Or should I just wait till facing her online and see what I think of her?

And for the DLC characters; are they just unlocked in vs. and arcade stuff or do they get their own story mode as well?

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
  • Options
    RawrBearRawrBear Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    No story mode for them as far as I can tell. Seems to be a decent amount of matchup specific voicework tho.

RawrBear on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't think you can use them in arcade mode either, but I'd have to double check.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz-O3tlCvYg

Valk's astral is pretty badass.

Antihippy on
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    what time is Valkentaym?

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    time for you to get a watch

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*