As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Help me get drunk! [Solved!]

RialeRiale I'm a little slowRegistered User regular
edited September 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, not really, but my 21st is coming up soon, and while I'm not much for the whole go out and get drunk with friends at a bar thing, I was planning on inviting a few friends over to my place and mixing drinks now that we're all of legal age.

So with that in mind, are there any suggestions? None of us are very heavy drinkers. I'm essentially looking for some cheap, easy, fun drinks to mix (or hell, just your favorite). Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

33c9nxz.gif
Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
Riale on

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    When you have drank, what do you like? Liquors, etc...

Esh on
  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Cheap, easy, but not all that fun: gin & tonic, rum & coke, vodka cranberry, etc

A little less cheap, a little less easy, a fair amount more fun: mojito, margarita, bloody mary, etc

I think that's a good selection for a "first" night.

Talka on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    Most of the parties I've been to involve everybody bringing a bottle of something, and then the host often has a bunch of juices and sodas around. Then people can play bartender or do shots as desired. I find that the most fun way to go about things, and it gives lots and lots of options.

If you actually want to be the bartender here, I'm sure Esh will be along presently!

edit: And he beat me!

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
    edited September 2010
    ceres wrote: »
    Most of the parties I've been to involve everybody bringing a bottle of something, and then the host often has a bunch of juices and sodas around. Then people can play bartender or do shots as desired. I find that the most fun way to go about things, and it gives lots and lots of options.

If you actually want to be the bartender here, I'm sure Esh will be along presently!

Honestly, I can't imagine a bunch of just 21ers being all that interested in anything overly complicated.

Ginger brew/beer (it's non-alcoholic) makes an excellent mixer. Try it with rum or vodka if you want something a little different than what you're used to. NOT Ginger ale. Brew or beer. It's much more punchy.

Esh on
  • TalkaTalka Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Esh wrote: »
    ceres wrote: »

Honestly, I can't imagine a bunch of just 21ers being all that interested in anything overly complicated.

Ginger brew/beer (it's non-alcoholic) makes an excellent mixer. Try it with rum or vodka if you want something a little different than what you're used to. NOT Ginger ale. Brew or beer. It's much more punchy.

Moscow mules became "my" drink because I ordered them a ton in Japan since they were easy to read/pronounce. They're actually quite tasty (ginger beer by itself is delicious), and it's always fun to have "your" drink.

I second the notion to keep it simple on your first night. Leave something to build to, you know?

Talka on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    if you've got a blender, i'd grab a few bottles of rum, a bag of limes and whatever other fruity/fun additions you need to get creative with frozen daquiris

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    In my experience with new drinkers, the most appealing and versatile mixers are: Coke, Lemonade, and Orange or Cranberry Juice.

The best booze to try mixing is: vodka, rum, whiskey

Generally the best combos there are:
    Vodka, Rum, or Whiskey + Lemondade
    Whiskey or Rum + Coke
    Vodka or Rum + OJ

Vodka lemonades and whiskey cokes are some of my personal favorite drinks, even after years of drinking everything under the sun.

Also, if any of you have a sweet tooth and don't mind "girly" drinks, Bailey's, Kahlua, Milk, and Chocolate syrup are a good addition to your beginner's bar.

With the addition of those you can make
    Mudslides (Baileys + Kahlua + Milk + Chocolate Syrup),
    White Russians (Milk + Vodka + Kahlua),
    Bailey's and Cream (what it sounds like)
    White Russians (Kahlua, Milk, Vodka - variation may substitute Bailey's for Vodka)
    Black Russians (Vodka and Kahlua)

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    larlar introduced me to the "chocolate cake shot"
    here's how it goes

shot = half hazelnut liquer, half vanilla vodka

before taking shot, take a lemon wedge, coat it in sugar, and then bite/suck the lemon; keep the flavour in your mouth
    then do the shot

tah dahhh tastes like chocolate cake!

though i've taken to skipping the lemon and just filling a wine glass with half liqueur and half vodka
    then i sip it
    it burns but in a good way

mully on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I suppose I should clarify that while all of us are recently 21, none of us are completely dry. My Dad was a microbrewer so I was raised around all kinds of beer, and most of my friends are typical college kids. None of us have experience with hard liquor, but we've had a few alcoholic beverages here and there.

As for me, I've only had beer, and I generally prefer light ales because I'm a sissy, but I'm fine with trying out anything new. There have been a lot of great suggestions so far, thanks everyone!

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Irish Car bombs all night long!

All night long?

ALL NIGHT LONG!!!

It's a 21st you'll never remember.

Buy guiness, have pint glasses and shot glasses on hand. Buy whiskey irish is prefered.. but it doesn't have to be. Buy baileys irish cream. Pour about 3/4 a pint of Guiness, pour 1/2 Whiskey 1/2 Irish cream into a shot glass. Drop shot glass into Pint glass and chug asap

If you do it right, it will taste similar to coffee. If you wait too long to chug it, it will taste like fermented assholes.

Also you will get drunk, and you will have fun, but make sure you don't do too many of them.

When you're done with the chugging shit, take left over guiness, and take another beer, a lot of people like Blue Moon. Pour half a pint of blue moon, then take a spoon and bend it at a right a 90 degree angle where the spoon meets the handle, so the bottom of the spoon is facing up, lower it into the cup and slowly pour the guiness over top of the spoon. If done correctly the guiness will sit on top of the Blue moon, and when you take a drink you will get both beers in your mouth, for happy delicious funtime.

If you do this incorrectly, you will get a really gross looking mixed together beer in your pint, that will taste pretty weird.

Both of these are "fun" drinks.

Also you can do "lemon drops" cheap and easy. Buy regular or citrus flavored vodka of a reasonable brand (aka not mcormicks or lewis and clark.. something that cost at least 12$ for a 750ml bottle.. not 12$ for a gallon) buy (lots of) lemons. buy that bar sugar shit that bars have, a liquor store should have it in stock and know what you're talking about when you ask them.

Slice up the lemons into wedges and circles.

wet the edge of a shot glass, dunk it in the sugar to have a nice sugar coating. grind up a lemon circle in the bottom of the shot glass, so there is basically lemon juice and pulp, remove the lemon. Pour the vodka into the shotglass. Lick the sugar, drink the shot, bite the lemon wedge.

You can also do Black Popes and Pregnant Nuns.

Black Pope = Root Beer and Jagermeister
    PRegnant Nun = Root Beer Float and Jagermeister

BOth are dangerous drinks because they taste like unicorn tears, and you don't think you're getting drunk, until all of a sudden you projectile vomit in your cousins face.

Also popular though not nearly as "fun" is the beer swap. It only works with just a few friends, if you have a full blown party it doesn't really work out well. Everyone brings a 6 pack of beer that they like and don't think everyone else has tried. Its ok if some other people have tried, but for example don't bring corona or bud light, or blue moon etc. Bring like Moose Drool or Fat Tire or a Porter or something that there's a good chance others haven't had. Then you all try each others beers. It works best if you work this into more of a dinner party type event, in a relaxed setting. Obviously if you just want to get drunk it won't be worthwhile to do this.

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
    edited September 2010
    One BIG recommendation I have is this: if you're switching from mostly beer experience to mixed drinks and hard liquor... Measure. Keep Track. Watch Out for Each Other.

It is so much easier to get completely, unfortunately smashed when you're trying a new kind of alcohol. Recently I decided (as part of my "diet" haha) to just drink straight bourbon instead of whiskey and coke (to cut down on my HFCS consumption). I eventually switched to bourbon & water on the rocks with a screwdriver chaser. Long story short: I woke up with my first ever hangover, in over a decade of drinking. Sad. I only had a headache and was totally freaking exhausted, and after I drank a 20oz of Gatorade I was right as rain, but I still f'ed up.

Now I was doing this drinking at a party where I trusted everyone, and one of my friends who doesn't drink was in attendance as the designated driver. I assume you'll be in a somewhat similar situation, possibly minus the teetotaler friend. I was never in any real danger but goddamit, I had no idea how drunk I was because I switched from my normal course (mixed drinks with lots of ice throughout the night, interspersed with occasional shots) to a different one (straight bourbon out of the gate, with mixed drinks used only as a chaser).

Now that I've given the boring grown-up lecture... Shots!

One of my favorite shots is the "Command Decision"
    1/3 Goldschlagger to 2/3 Jim Beam (or another Bourbon, if you're a god damned coward)

It's basically training wheels for bourbon/whiskey shots. You get the expected burn, but the spicy sweetness of the Goldschlagger blunts the harshness. It's fiery in all the good ways.

Also at the PAX Triwizard Drinking Tournament I was introduced to the "Butterbeer"

1/2 Bailey's
    1/2 Buttescotch Schnapps

Tastes like magic.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
  • ThesmileyemoThesmileyemo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    White Russians are always fun, and very easy to make. 2 parts Vodka, 1 part Kahlua, and milk. It's just delicious.

A really fun shot is the 4 horsemen. It's simply equal parts Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker, and Jose Cuervo in a shot glass. You can replace one of them with Jamesons if need be. If you really want to get fucked up, do a Four Horsemen go to Hell, which has you do one shot of each in a line.

Thesmileyemo on
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    White Russians are good. I like the XYZ a fair bit myself (Rum, Contreau, a splash of lemon juice).

Mortal Sky on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My top suggestions for drinks:

1. white russians (people get sick of 'em because they're so sweet, though...this is a drink you only have one or two of, not get fucked up on)
    2. jagerbombs (SUPER easy to drink, so super easy to get wasted on)
    3. tequila shots w/ lime and salt (important)...tequila is really easy to drink if you do the whole "lick the salt, take a shot, suck the lime" thing

Rent on
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Just drink AMF's.

All night.

1/2 oz vodka
    1/2 oz rum
    1/2 oz 1800® Tequila
    1/2 oz gin
    1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
    2 oz sweet and sour mix
    2 oz 7-Up® soda

Then die.

It's the only option for 21st birthdays. THE ONLY ONE.

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
    edited September 2010
    Most of the options people are presenting are going to have you praying to the Great White Porcelain God in no short order. Especially if you've never really dabbled in the stuff. Whiskey and Goldschlager? Really?

Take it easy with some basic mixers at first. Try and keep those drinks (rum and cokes, gin and tonics) to 2oz of liquor each.

Esh on
  • oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Most of the options people are presenting are going to have you praying to the Great White Porcelain God in no short order

Seriously, the people on this thread are like that friend who has the worst ideas. :P

A good rule of thumb is to avoid overly sugary drinks unless you want a hangover.

How many people are coming over? If it's a full blown party, people will probably expect jungle juice or the like.

If it's just a handful of friends, you could try doing something like a whisky night. Get a few different bottles, have everyone do blind tasting, and vote on your favorite.

oldsak on
    edited September 2010
    White Russians are always fun, and very easy to make. 2 parts Vodka, 1 part Kahlua, and milk. It's just delicious.

A really fun shot is the 4 horsemen. It's simply equal parts Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Johnnie Walker, and Jose Cuervo in a shot glass. You can replace one of them with Jamesons if need be. If you really want to get fucked up, do a Four Horsemen go to Hell, which has you do one shot of each in a line.

This is not only disgusting, but dangerous. Especially to someone who doesn't drink liquor.

Esh on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    4 horsemen or 3 wise men is what people give each other on their 21st to get them to throw up in the bar.

Whiskey coke and Vodka OJ are probably your staples for exploring liquor. Neither of them are great, but almost everybody agrees they're good.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    On my 21st I was goaded into doing a dirty pint. From the top shelf of my mate's bar.

DO NOT DO THIS

ben0207 on
  • nuclearalchemistnuclearalchemist Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You could always do a solar flare, or one we invented called 'why would you do this.'

Solar Flare:
    1 shot of everclear with habenaro sauce

Why would you do this:
    1/2 show dewars, 1/2 shot crappiest tequila you can find

Or you can just go with everybody else's opinions =).

EDIT: I have never actually seen anybody successfully do a solar flare in my life. We all tried when I was in Japan =(.

nuclearalchemist on
    ~Eigen-fleichen
  • BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How about going a different route and get lots of different beers. It should be a little easier to control and still fun.

BlindZenDriver on
    Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • 3v3v Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sweaty goat anus

Warm shot glass

1/2 shot of well tequila
    1/2 half and half
    Tabasco poured in on top

Obviously don't take this but if someone calls you a 'pussy' for not taking a shot (like the four horsemen or three wisemen on the farm) buy them that as a shot pact.

As someone who has taken all 3 the sweaty goat anus is by far the worst in my opinion.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    PantsB wrote: »
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

This is not only disgusting, but dangerous. Especially to someone who doesn't drink liquor.

4 horsemen isn't dangerous, gross yes, but not dangerous.

the 4 shot one isn't a good idea though. However, I don't think there is any way i could keep all four of those down

Captain morgan is a pretty versatile and tasty liquor, you can mix it with coke, ginger ale, and sprite (3 separate drinks, not all together.) and they are all yummy.

if you get ginger beer, get some dark rum. Dark and Stormys are tasty too. I'd stick to the simple stuff if you don't know what you like. unless you're trying to do the traditional 21 shots in a night(NOT RECOMMENDED) or something. Don't let anyone buy you a jersey turnpike either.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
    edited September 2010

4 horsemen isn't dangerous, gross yes, but not dangerous.

the 4 shot one isn't a good idea though. However, I don't think there is any way i could keep all four of those down

Captain morgan is a pretty versatile and tasty liquor, you can mix it with coke, ginger ale, and sprite (3 separate drinks, not all together.) and they are all yummy.

if you get ginger beer, get some dark rum. Dark and Stormys are tasty too. I'd stick to the simple stuff if you don't know what you like. unless you're trying to do the traditional 21 shots in a night(NOT RECOMMENDED) or something. Don't let anyone buy you a jersey turnpike either.

Notice how I italicized the four shot one. That was the dangerous referral. I've been bartending for six+ years. I've got a good idea on what's safe and what's not.

Esh on
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I vote Mind Eraser

in a rocks glass
    shot of vodka
    shot of Kaluha
    top off with seltzer

suck it down with a straw.

Deebaser on
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    How much have the people involved drank in the past? Do you have to be functional tomorrow?
    How about going a different route and get lots of different beers. It should be a little easier to control and still fun.

If the answers are "not much" and "maybe" or better, this is my vote. You can get pretty blitzed on beer, especially if you're not a regular drinker. And it still leaves a lot of mixes available to pick from. My 21st was black and tans early and jagerbombs later. It was enough that I still haven't found the proper owner to a set of car keys I woke up with but I was able to work the next day. Sort of.

Hevach on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You could always do a solar flare, or one we invented called 'why would you do this.'

Solar Flare:

Why would you do this:

EDIT: I have never actually seen anybody successfully do a solar flare in my life. We all tried when I was in Japan =(.

Everclear and habanero sauce? Really? Suggesting everclear to a freshly 21? Hell my buddy with an iron stomach won't even mix everclear with something.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Depends where you get it. There's a proof limit in Michigan, so if you get everclear here you're just getting a slightly stronger than normal vodka, not a slightly stronger than normal paint thinner.

Hevach on
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    You should not fuck with Everclear.

I did a straight shot of it once (the real stuff) and it hurt for quite a while. Worse, we then mixed it with grape juice, so I couldn't tell much I was drinking. I think all three of us passed out simultaneously.

The beer idea is a good one. Everyone bring something they like and something they have never had before, then pass them around.

chamberlain on
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Deadfall wrote: »

Solar Flare:

Why would you do this:

Everclear and habanero sauce? Really? Suggesting everclear to a freshly 21? Hell my buddy with an iron stomach won't even mix everclear with something.

I've done a prarie fire (tequila and hot sauce i think?) and a shot of everclear. you wont even taste the hot sauce in everclear, it all tastes like burning.

Chamberlain, that is pretty much called Jungle Juice where i come from, you are pretty much guaranteed to blackout/vomit if you aren't careful.

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I'll second all the advice to not go overboard on hard liquor shots. Having 1 tequila shot for posterity is ok, but doing tequila, bourbon, and mixed hard liquor shots all in short order has a risk, if you're doing them too quickly, to give someone alcohol poisoning.

My rule of thumb, after many years of stupid abuse of my liver, is if you're AIMING at getting drunk try to stick to 1 shot an hour at a max with 1-2 beers or mixed drinks per hour, and shut it down after 3 hours of this. That's 9 drinks in 3 hours, which anyone who's of average height and build will be proper fucked up by then. If you literally are a light weight (shorter, slighter of build, female), cut that in half.

If you just want to have a fun night with casual drinking, a celebratory shot at the beginning followed by 1-2 beers or mixed drinks per hour can usual coast the average person for most of the night. Just try to enjoy yourself, but don't get too caught up in getting plastered. More than 3-4 full drinks in successive hours is often too much for a person to metabolize.

Granted, there are seasoned drinkers who can somehow manage consume far greater volumes than this, but it's not doing their bodies any favors. I was one of those drinking-age doofuses who'd down a 26oz at the house party prior to going out to the nightclub THEN spending 100-150 bucks on drinks and shots there. My body paid a price, and thank god I never ended up in the hospital getting my stomach pumped.

Finally - a couple tasty shots that are lower in alcohol content (uses liqueurs and not spirits) than traditional shots:

Porn Star:

1/2 oz Raspberry Sour Puss (a sour raspberry schnapps)
    1/2 oz Blue Curacao

For best taste, chill both liqueurs prior to pouring. Can also turn this into a decent martini by doubling the volume, add a shot of lemon-lime soda, mix over ice, shake + strain into chilled martini glass. Yum!

Dirty Hooker/Double Nazi

1/2 oz Jagermeister
    1/2 oz Goldschlager/Cinnamon schnapps

I'm personally on a red wine kick, and have put the hard liquor down. I'll have beers on occasion, too, but I'm over the "get drunk to get drunk" phase. I do have say, though, that a spiced rum or jamaican rum and coke was my favorite drink during that time.

Edit:

Ooh! Just remembered a couple good drinks for drinking newbies!

Paralyzer:

1 oz Vodka
    1 oz Kahlua/Coffee Liqueur

Fill half a tall glass with crushed ice. If you only have cubes, just a couple cubes will do. Pour mix over ice, then top up to 3/4 full with cola. Finish with a splash of milk or cream and stir.

Bloody Cesar

1 oz Vodka
    Clamato juice to mix (sorta like bloody mary/tomato juice but a saltier flavor)

Take a lime or lemon wedge and wet the rim of the glass. Crust the rim with celery salt. Add ice and pour vodka over it. Fill to top with clamato. Season the drink with 2-3 dashes of worcestershire sauce, tabasco sauce, salt and pepper. Either use a celery stick for garnish or another long salty stick (pickled beans, asparagus, etc). It's a grown up drink, but oh so tasty. I like it better than a standard bloody mary.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • SliderSlider Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would highly recommend going to a restaurant with your friends. This way you'll have a bartender making drinks for you and friends covering the tab.

It's your birthday! Why put any effort into this at all? Have somebody else make your drinks and pay for it all.

A few years ago, I went to an Italian restaurant in California and got supremely blitzed out of my mind. It was an excellent experience.

Slider on
    edited September 2010
    Most of the options people are presenting are going to have you praying to the Great White Porcelain God in no short order. Especially if you've never really dabbled in the stuff. Whiskey and Goldschlager? Really?

Take it easy with some basic mixers at first. Try and keep those drinks (rum and cokes, gin and tonics) to 2oz of liquor each.

Hehe, Ok I did get a little carried away. The shots listed at the end of my nice little lecture weren't meant to be real suggestions, I sort of thought the thread had devolved into shot recipes. I guess I should say explicitly here: don't do many shots when you're starting out! Maybe one a night!

I still stand by my original drink and mixer list, though. Mix a few liquors with mixers and ice, try them, pick your favorite, and have that be "your drink" for the rest of the night.

If you're drinking drinks with cream and/or liqueur in them you're not going to want as many. When I'm suggesting White Russians and Mudslides it's with the assumption that you aren't going to overdo it. They're good for the very light drinker or the person who doesn't like the taste of alcohol. I've been a bartender and a party host often enough to know that drinking cream drinks does NOT guarantee a night of puking if you don't go overboard. Think of them lke milkshakes: you wouldn't drink ten milkshakes a night, so don't try to drink ten Mudslides. That said, there's nothing wrong with three or four milk or liqueur drinks in a night if they aren't mixed too strong and are spread out over a few hours. I've used those drinks to usher many a non-drinking geeky young lady into the wonderful world of alcohol.

Then again, the first time I got nicely drunk all we had were vodka lemonades and a really decent bottle of brandy. It was a combination of drinks that was neither sensible nor ideally composed, but the people I was drinking with knew to be careful and pace themselves. No matter what you're drinking, that's the key to having a good night.

Cultural Geek Girl on
  • Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Double Amaretto Sour.

Tastes like a coke with lime. Very good door opener for drinking mixers.

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
  • NotYouNotYou Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Buy a watermelon, cut a hole in the top and soak it in vodka (use a funnel or just cut out a large bowl). Leave it soaking overnight in your fridge. Enjoy your alcoholic fruity meal while you drink other alcoholic drinks.

NotYou on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    OP, you said you grew up around a brewery? I'll trust you to have an idea of who's giving you good suggestions for your purposed and who's trying to kill you.

The rest of you, and you know who you are, stop trying to kill the OP.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I've known a lot of light drinkers to really enjoy drinks with Blue Curacao in them. Unfortunately I forget the names of the drinks :(

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • CherryCherry Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If you're doing a house party - and it's your 21st? You definitely need to do a few shots at least. Definitely do not go overboard on the sugary drinks unless you want to upchuck it all in a few hours.

A few shots that I LOVE:

Polar bears - Yum!
    1/2 oz creme de cacao
    1/2 oz peppermint schnapps

Mix drinks over ice before serving in a shot glass. Tastes like a peppermint patty! I love this shot! And I hate mint usually, but this tastes awesome!

Crispy crunch shot - honestly - tastes like the chocolate bar! So Good! This is my favourite shot.
    1/2 oz. Frangelico
    1/2 oz. White Creme de Cacao
    Shake over ice and strain into a shot glass.

White russians are good also. Liquid Cocaine shot is great as well. :)

But if you want to keep it relatively cheap I say go for the beer route. Much cheaper and it's easier to share and drink when you're hammered.

Enjoy!

Cherry on
  • Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Listen, I been where you are, a would be drinker without a drink

Ignore all this stuff, especially if you're not a common drinker

Keep it to rum and coke, whiskey / coke, or what have you. Keep to medium glasses, and slowly increase the amount of alcohol in each drink until you feel you've put too much in.

The thing with whiskey / coke (my favorite) - it only gets tastier the drunker you get

also if you don't got the belly for it you will take a shot and throw up almost instantly, especially if you haven't drank much before. Be warned.

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
This discussion has been closed.