As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dear [Chat]y

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I like veigar! but I haven't played him since he got buffed

I just had a game with him. He's ridiculous, kind of.

I think he got nerfed somewhere too, but all I know is that his meteor is an auto hit even if you wall them first (you used to have to summon and then wall stun them to ensure a hit), and his ultimate is based off of AP and not enemy mana, meaning he has some viability outside of straight up magey teams

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Fuck you guys, stop talking about Minecraft

I am so tempted right now

I like your mountain.

Thank you! I have a mine cart track going down the tower (only the top bits have any track laid) but the carts seem to be pretty buggy in multiplayer, sadly.

Instead I'm going to figure out what I'm going to do next with this area. I need to branch off from my usual coaster obsession.

I went off and found the ocean, swam across it and got to another continent. Then built a massive lit tower there.

that is so sweet man how about a bro hug bump

I recommend boats for oversea travel. They're faster than anything.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Whelp, I got ambushed by a skeleton and can't find my shit. I'll look for it for a few more minutes but if I can't find it fuck this game.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I don't understand why I should vote. I hate all parties equally, as far as I know none of them have any moral fiber.

Daxon on
  • ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2010
    Ah-ha! On the horizon! My lamp-post! I am so smart. So smart.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    I don't understand why I should vote. I hate all parties equally, as far as I know none of them have any moral fiber.

I kinda felt like this in the UK election. I still voted, I feel it's important to do so, but I really didn't feel like my vote made any difference at all.

BobCesca on
  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »

I kinda felt like this in the UK election. I still voted, I feel it's important to do so, but I really didn't feel like my vote made any difference at all.

I voted blank. They all displease me.

Daxon on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Res wrote: »

I make a 50something block tower straight up and set the top on fire to mark important places in my world. Just in case I need to see it good from far away because I'm an asshole who gets himself lost.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Voting, realistically, is all we, as citizens, have. I equate not voting with capitulating.

Passerbye on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Zampanov wrote: »

I make a 50something block tower straight up and set the top on fire to mark important places in my world. Just in case I need to see it good from far away because I'm an asshole who gets himself lost.

I just make a super long road.

Thomamelas on
  • ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I just make a super long road.

My skybridge is maybe 1/4th of the way done. Then no one will be lost ever again in that world.

"Let's see which way is home"

"Well, there's the southern section of the skybridge, so it must be over here to the left"

"Good call"

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am working really really high up. Oh god, I know it is a game and I can't get hurt but I am terrified. Extending my platform by peaking over the edge...

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Does moral fiber make you morally regular?`

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Alright, I'm off to bed.

Be good to each other, mine[chat]. <3

Passerbye on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I am working really really high up. Oh god, I know it is a game and I can't get hurt but I am terrified. Extending my platform by peaking over the edge...

if you sneak you don't fall off edges

tyrannus on
    edited September 2010
    Yep, holding shift is the key to my skybridge.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    roads2.png

Thomamelas on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I totally missed that the new series of Spooks had started.

Thankfully there is iplayer.

BobCesca on
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    If boats work okay in multi, I might actually make a skybridge with a deep groove and try to fill it with water so it's like a sky-canal. Fast travel over the skies would be awesome.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2010
    thom I gotta say making an interstate highway is a pretty decent idea

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited September 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    I found a dungeon D:

is it nighttime yet?

when nighttime shows up it's time for you to hide somewhere unless you made a sword and are awesome and unafraid

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

Make sure you stock up on leather. And if you find oil, smelt it in to latex.

It just to see how far a road can go.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

Make sure you stock up on leather. And if you find oil, smelt it in to latex.

I think the only limits are vertical ones. Pretty sure if you keep going it just keeps generating more world until your machine can't take it no more.

I have not tested this theory, though.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited September 2010

Are you carrying the fire?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

is it nighttime yet?

when nighttime shows up it's time for you to hide somewhere unless you made a sword and are awesome and unafraid

there were zombies

they killed me

I don't know if it was nighttime or not, I was like 100ft underground

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

is it nighttime yet?

there were zombies

they killed me

Ah, if you're unarmed and see zombies or other baddies it's best to get to the light. They catch on fire when light gets em.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

is it nighttime yet?

there were zombies

they killed me

When I find these areas, I flood them with water if possible. Then clear the water and put lots of torches in the room. That stops the fire cage from making more.

Donkey Kong on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    It is quite tempting to get some riot funbucks and buy Sona. Her playstyle sounds quite fun to me.

Zandracon on
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

is it nighttime yet?

there were zombies

they killed me

Ah, if you're unarmed and see zombies or other baddies it's best to get to the light. They catch on fire when light gets em.

I wasn't unarmed, I had a sword

I was outnumbered, and a long way from the surface

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

is it nighttime yet?

there were zombies

they killed me

When I find these areas, I flood them with water if possible. Then clear the water and put lots of torches in the room. That stops the fire cage from making more.

OH

that's what that thing does

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2010
    I found a dungeon D:

is it nighttime yet?

there were zombies

they killed me

I wasn't unarmed, I had a sword

I was outnumbered, and a long way from the surface

Climb. They don't climb well. Go high enough and you can out range the arrows. Or make a tower at your feet and just go up.

Thomamelas on
    edited September 2010
    I heard Notch might make torches not stay lit forever.

This would make me very unhappy.

Donkey Kong on
    edited September 2010
    Zandracon wrote: »
    It is quite tempting to get some riot funbucks and buy Sona. Her playstyle sounds quite fun to me.

I dun get lol

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited September 2010
    DK me not being able to play on your server makes me very unhappy >:(

tomorrow I'm going to have to try some other servers to see if I can't isolate the problem

ugh. I had my land plotted out and everything

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited September 2010
    I heard Notch might make torches not stay lit forever.

This would make me very unhappy.

Yeah I feel like that would be too much maintenance.

Unless maybe he adds equippable lanterns or something.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

tomorrow I'm going to have to try some other servers to see if I can't isolate the problem

I found it. It was a beach with bamboo and cacti on it. Really cool.

My server seems to work fine for most people. Minecraft seems to like disconnecting people at the first sign of a sketchy connection but if you have a solid connection, you should be able to stay on.

Mori got thrown off and came back many times, but I checked my server log and each time he came back with a new IP. He should probably look into his router or ISP. I don't know what your issue is. I don't see anything obvious.

Donkey Kong on
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Guys guys. Jameson's Irish whiskey is smooth and very gentle on you the next day.

electricitylikesme on
    edited September 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »

I found it. It was a beach with bamboo and cacti on it. Really cool.

My server seems to work fine for most people. Minecraft seems to like disconnecting people at the first sign of a sketchy connection but if you have a solid connection, you should be able to stay on.

Mori got thrown off and came back many times, but I checked my server log and each time he came back with a new IP. He should probably look into his router or ISP. I don't know what your issue is. I don't see anything obvious.

it was working for so long too, and now i can't connect for more than a couple of minutes without it throwing me

something very odd is going on. if i found out what i'll let you know

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Every great science experiment consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The scientist shows you something ordinary: an electron microscope, a laser or an Edwards evaporator. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The scientist takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making results isn't enough; you have to explain what they imply. That's why every experiment has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige".
    Guys guys. Jameson's Irish whiskey is smooth and very gentle on you the next day.

No son of mine is going to have such poor taste in whisky and/or whiskey.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.